football
Latest News:

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Daggers
22 February, 2018 19:57
They plight gets worse they need 300K to enable payments until June and have organized a friendly with West Ham in March.

Having sold a few players to other VNL clubs this has only provided a short term respite and their major financial backer has definitely pulled the plug, after recent shall we say disagreements with some Daggers Fans.

Just shows be careful what you wish for.

Chester, Hartlepool & Daggers are three we know of, I wonder how many more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 11:14 by Jack of all Trades.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Daggers
22 February, 2018 22:33
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
They plight gets worse they need 300K to enable payments until June and have organized a friendly with West Ham in March.
Having sold a few players to other VNL clubs this has only provided a short term respite and their major financial backer has definitely pulled the plug, after recent say we say disagreements with some Daggers Fans.

Perhaps there's a few like these three if there is could they be team's that taken point's off us cause if they all go belly up before the season over their records could be wiped off and we could move up the league table.😀

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2018 22:34 by BELMONT.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 23:03
Add Macclesfield to the list as well

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 23:17
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Having sold a few players to other VNL clubs this has only provided a short term respite and their major financial backer has definitely pulled the plug, after recent say we say disagreements with some Daggers Fans.

Perhaps there's a few like these three if there is could they be team's that taken point's off us cause if they all go belly up before the season over their records could be wiped off and we could move up the league table.😀
I don't think any of us would wish that on another club

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 00:28
Nope.

However were that a possibility and some people said you only got promoted because of additional points awards at the expense of one to two now defunct teams, then the argument would be well we could have potentially gotten through the playoffs and done it.

The only validity for such an argument then would be if a promoted side had finished 6th or 7th, got the points awards and come 5th allowing said playoff promotion to eventually become real.

However I doubt it would happen, as the points awards might only be given if any such teams had won with one or more ineligible players on the pitch and even then I think a team doing that get 3 points deducted, so if they win the opponent doesn't get three extra points.

This I recall was the case in Tranmere's Les aid season, when Hartlepool got docked 3 points for fielding Gary Liddle ineligibly and I think it was against Gustavo Poyet's Brighton team, as Poyet felt he should have been given 3 points, because the match in question had been played several weeks before the 3 point deduction and was won by Hartlepool.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 06:00
We should definitely be looking at Boucaud, one of the best in the league at breaking up play and giving it simple.

Other than that, I wouldn’t want to see another proper club taken advantage of, it’s sad that clubs end up in this kind of situation

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 07:52
Im not suprised the abuse thevsupporters gave the team and management at our place after we beat them was terrible, theres no way i would leave my money in and suffer that every week

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 07:55
As the old adage goes...'Be careful what you wish for!'

MESSAGES->author

09 March, 2018 16:25
2-0 for the Rovers tmrw and one of our new signings from FGR to get on the scoresheet. can't see macc n sutton ( the teams I mean, not our central defence partnership ) slipping up tmrw but aldershot might. wrexham v chester live on bt on sunday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2018 16:32 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 17:30
Do you think LFC or EFC would turn up for a fundraiser if said was to happen to us?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 19:18
I am certain that both would.Even without being in that situation they have brought us extra revenue through pre season games.
As for D&R it is a game that we should be able to win.We are at the stage were we need wins not draws to make the top play off spots

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:32
TranmereFan ,I do believe Everton, Liverpool would play a game to support us if in dire straights.i am sure they indeed played us when we where in trouble lthink in the seventies ,someone on here will know for sure if you read my academy piece ,the new one you will see things better than we thought on that matter .🤔

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 17:49
not a million miles away from Dagenham today, lots of fan trouble on the pitch at west ham.. west ham helping the daggers out soon with a fund raising match.. it might be west ham that need a bit of fundraising soon, lol.. pretty sure they will be hit with heavy fines after todays pitch protests.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 18:41
[quote Fiftyyearsarover]TranmereFan ,I do believe Everton, Liverpool would play a game to support us if in dire straights.i am sure they indeed played us when we where in trouble lthink in the seventies ,someone on here will know for sure if you read my academy piece ,the new one you will see things better than we thought on that mao.......ok50 I remember wolves man utd and Leeds helping us out in the 80s but not lpool and evton

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 19:00
Sorry Loyden it was I am sure in the 1970s ..I could be wrong but somewhere in my fading memory I do recall such an event ,

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 22:58
Well played Rovers.....clinical...can we have more of that please !!

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:55
When we were in dire straits in the 80's, Wolves, Liverpool, Everton and Man U all played benefit games a PP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net