football
Latest News:

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

maccs form
19 February, 2018 11:46
Interested to see that Maccs have exactly the same results as us over the last 10 league games, played 10 won 6 drawn 3 lost 1.
I was impressed by their result at the shots on Saturday until I saw that the shots had a player sent off after just 4 minutes and they were awarded a pen, when did we last have a player sent off against us, and when were we last awarded a pen?
Do you think Fylde will give Micky a copy of the 6-0 drubbing they handed out to Maccs.
Much prefer games coming thick and fast, waiting a week between games is almost torture, looking forward to Tuesday night and am feeling confident.

Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

Re: maccs form
19 February, 2018 12:03
50/50 on there sending off i've watched the highlights can see why it was given but in theory possibly ruined potentially ruined a good football match.If it happened against us then we would be screaming for a red card, but with these refs it would of been given a free-kick the other way (Sm6)

Last player i recall getting sent off was Wrexham at home and looked what happened sad smiley as for a penalty i cant recall one given to us this season

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 12:19
very harsh decision and very harsh red card.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 12:37
Last pen was Fylde away. That was one to forget!

Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 12:39
When was the last penalty in our favour at PP?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 12:41
If Fylde can beat them 6-0 then I reckon we can beat them too.

Were the team on a run of 9 wins at home, why shouldn't we fancy our chances?

I think Mellon will have the players revved up for this one, however, Harris tends to get himself overexcited in big games and we need to ensure we don't end up with 10 men.

I've read on here that Macc go all out attack away from home, that worries a little with our lack of pace in the back line.

We do need to stay focussed and use Tollett and Ginelli to the max when counter attacking.

Going to be a hell of a match though!

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 14:11
Here’s hoping Mac and sutton get a hold of Nathan Blissett as he’s big and looks quick.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 14:30
This is the game I am very wary of .they always do well against us for some reason and despite trouble not being paid .they have not sulked and had a bad attitude they are just getting on with things .the mark of a team together ,not to bothered about the other hopefuls, so if we can win Tuesday we are on our way .cant afford a defeat Tuesday and maybe 1point on Saturday at Maidstone .not been at our best lately so need to play really well Tuesday ,

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 15:49
Had anyone read Deadly Submarine 's viewpoint.
Although predicting a 1-0 win he reminds us that these big games at PP are often a signal for Rovers to switch off.
I really hope he's wrong and we romp home 3-0
Although we are on a good run ,results wise, we are not playing as well and scoring as freely since Banks and DMH left.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 16:09
Blissett whilst on loan here did very little and didn't particularly impress although, he scored a good equaliser against Grimsby on the TV game in our first season.

I don't remember him being particularly quick but always a concern now with our lack of pace defensively.

We have to pressurise from the off and dictate our style of play and most importantly take our scoring opportunities.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 17:30
I put this on the wrong thread before. My sincere apologies...

I think now is a great time to play Macclesfield. It's not clear whether they're over their wobble. The last two games they won but only just. The first against a struggling side and the second after being a man up for over 85 minutes. 

No one comes close to the string of results we've put together. We've got to be favourites tomorrow night. 

Should be a great game from two quality attacking sides

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 21:00
They are vulnerable but I would hope we play Clarke to take them on the bresk

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 22:02
Quite happy if they go at us, we struggle when people try to stifle the game.

efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)

20 February, 2018 09:21
Quote:
rossb07
Here’s hoping Mac and sutton get a hold of Nathan Blissett as he’s big and looks quick.
He's far from quick, Bambi on ice more like, and spends more time on his @#$%& than anything, and woeful in the air for such a big guy. Steeeeeve's got a pocket waiting for him!

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

20 February, 2018 15:12
I hope he's just as bad as that then! smiling smiley

I do remember him not being great for us but he could've improved.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 February, 2018 19:34
Quote:
efc0trfc3
Quote:
rossb07
He's far from quick, Bambi on ice more like, and spends more time on his @#$%& than anything, and woeful in the air for such a big guy. Steeeeeve's got a pocket waiting for him!

And cue Phil Wilkinson on Wirral radio......Blissett through one on one for the hatrick, he’s scored! (Sm1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2018 19:35 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 00:06
If someone said that on Wirral Radio, some people might be wishing they did stop broadcasting permanently, because nobody would enjoy tuning in to hear about some average ex-loan player, trashing your teams hopes of winning.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

06 March, 2018 08:03
Effectively its Maccs game in hand tonight away to Maidstone. Here's hoping they drop points. If they win, then its gonna be real tough for Rovers to finish top..Aldershot n Sutton both have home fixtures tonight and hoping they both slip up but dont think they will.

Wirral Mike
Wirral Mike (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 17:33
Yes HKR there will be more than a few nervous checks of the scores tonight but at least we will then have a more realistic and truer picture of where we stand when more teams will have played 36, btw best of luck to Chester tonight let's hope they do themselves and us a power of good by beating Dover

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 21:01
Postponed due to an accident blocking m25

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 21:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
Effectively its Maccs game in hand tonight away to Maidstone. Here's hoping they drop points. If they win, then its gonna be real tough for Rovers to finish top..Aldershot n Sutton both have home fixtures tonight and hoping they both slip up but dont think they will.

It became tough when they thumped us 4-1, Rovers winning the league isn’t gonna happen realistically, even before Mac play the game in hand we need both Maccs to loose 3 games that we win, Sutton 2 and Aldershot a draw, we have to win every game left to. Hopefully the editions are with the playoffs in mind.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 21:54
Quote:
Loyden1
Postponed due to an accident blocking m25

Ironically it was postponed because the accident prevented many Maidstone players getting to the ground. Both Macc and the match officials arrived in plenty of time and were ready to play.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 22:08
Feel sorry for the fans who made the effort. Did something similar happen to us last season or was it another ground down south. The team had to walk in the rain somewhere

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 22:30
Quote:
Loyden1
Feel sorry for the fans who made the effort. Did something similar happen to us last season or was it another ground down south. The team had to walk in the rain somewhere
That was Woking last season, there were lots of roadworks and traffic congestion around Woking at the time.

MESSAGES->author

07 March, 2018 08:18
It appears that the macc game was a late cancellation last night. Some of the maidstone players couldnt get to the ground in time coz of accident on M25. Macc team and fans were at the ground. I think the argument is that some of the maidstone players are part time and cant get away from their day time jobs in order to get to the ground in sufficient time before kick off, but that doesnt wash with me. Surely they can get away from work a bit earlier on matchdays, Plus, if it turns out that some of their full time players were not at the ground in time then I think that is NOT ON and therefore maidstone should be punished for not being able to fulfill the fixture. The home team players and the home team club should be prepared for ANY kind of event or accident that may arise and should all be at the ground on matchdays in plenty of time. AFAIK the M25 is notorious for hold ups n delays so why arent alternative routes thoughr about? Bloody part timers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 08:34 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 17:39
I don't blame the Maidstone players as I guess they were just sticking to their normal routine; whether this routine is adequate is another question.
The part-time argument might hold some weight, but god forbid they have to play a hastily rearranged game away at Gateshead on a Tuesday night; a few sickies required to make that one!
Mind you, if you were a Macc fan/player who'd made the trip, you'd be mightily pi##ed off to say the least!
Rumour has it, the Maidstone youth players were hastily sent home just in case they were made to play!

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 21:22
Quote:
Phil65
I don't blame the Maidstone players as I guess they were just sticking to their normal routine; whether this routine is adequate is another question.
The part-time argument might hold some weight, but god forbid they have to play a hastily rearranged game away at Gateshead on a Tuesday night; a few sickies required to make that one!
Mind you, if you were a Macc fan/player who'd made the trip, you'd be mightily pi##ed off to say the least!
Rumour has it, the Maidstone youth players were hastily sent home just in case they were made to play!
I did have a thought that they went full-time at the start of the season, but maybe I am confusing them with another side. Interesting to note from the manager's interview they could have been forced to play 11 vs 7 if they had 7 players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net