football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Wirral Live 2018 or Mayweekender?
14 February, 2018 22:34
25 26 and 27 of May is or will be Mayweekender at Prenton Park not sure what it consists of but something to do with live bands? If it is must have dropped the Wirral Live handle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 22:36 by BELMONT.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Wirral Live 2018 or Mayweekender?
15 February, 2018 08:56
Shawly it will be run better this time

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 09:27
Quote:
Loyden1
Shawly it will be run better this time

Lol

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 14:11
I think they should get HKR over to run the gig ,he knows his music ,unfortunately my knowledge ceased when Buddy Holly , Elvis ,little Richard snuffed it ,

shankstheman
shankstheman (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 14:32
The problem with announcing something like this so late in the gig calendar you end up with artists that nobody really or only a few want to see. All the big pulling acts have already been booked on the festival merry-go-round, alongside their own national/international tours. With the exception of Little Mix last year, this proved to be the case and also the sound system last year was awful. Propose August, book by November and start selling in December. This way you might get decent artists and advertise further a field to attract more ticket sales, this is only my opinion and not at all a professional one.

MESSAGES->author

15 February, 2018 14:49
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I think they should get HKR over to run the gig ,he knows his music ,unfortunately my knowledge ceased when Buddy Holly , Elvis ,little Richard snuffed it ,

Hi fifty I know sod all mate but I will say have a massive blues n rock fest n get all the old boys in and make a real weekend of it that could last for years to come. I remember the old kent custom bike show on romney marshes In kent years ago when I lived in london.. loads a bikers riding into town and spending loads a money comparing bikes and above all else, listening to quality music from bands that were booked in for that weekend. Music that will never die unlike the one off girlie band shite that was on offer to the wirral public last summer Which proved to be a complete financial catastrophe...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2018 15:04 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

15 February, 2018 15:18
Music that really matters

Fiftyyearsarover

15 February, 2018 15:50
Worse still for the world ofMusic HKR the spice girls are coming back what has the world done to have these cretins inflicted on it ,did I read somewhere that posh spice (what a contradiction in terms that is) will join up if she doesn’t have to sing ,yippee to that ,but what would be the point of her joining ,oh silly me could it be money I wonder gosh I am getting cynical in my old age ,

MESSAGES->author

15 February, 2018 16:06
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Worse still for the world ofMusic HKR the spice girls are coming back what has the world done to have these cretins inflicted on it ,did I read somewhere that posh spice (what a contradiction in terms that is) will join up if she doesn’t have to sing ,yippee to that ,but what would be the point of her joining ,oh silly me could it be money I wonder gosh I am getting cynical in my old age ,

+100

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 18:28
THey could get my band to play, although we don’t do covers and we aren’t really family focused!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 20:06
I've got a feeling HMHB might be on the bill....

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 20:26
I was talking to one of the Wrexham directors the other week and he told me they rent ot the ground for 2 days, but this year it's going to be 3, and a company pay them 5 figures, relay the pitch and they get to do the catering. It sets them up for the year.

Surely that's what we shoul be doing.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 21:28
Like them or loathe them, little mix made us the majority of our money* at last years event. therefore, logic would say, going with a modern pop act will return the most £££.

*lost us the least amount

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 22:42
Quote:
aktrfc
I was talking to one of the Wrexham directors the other week and he told me they rent ot the ground for 2 days, but this year it's going to be 3, and a company pay them 5 figures, relay the pitch and they get to do the catering. It sets them up for the year.
Surely that's what we shoul be doing.
That would seem to be the low risk approach, and brings certainty of return and seems to be the way to go. We have a venue, we can make the £££ and give the risk to a company who is experienced at running events.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 08:28
Quote:
mini_andy
Like them or loathe them, little mix made us the majority of our money* at last years event. therefore, logic would say, going with a modern pop act will return the most £££.
Probably cost the most to put on too!

Bigger appearence fee, more security required due to bigger crowds and unless the lemonade / coke was as expensive as the beer? The bar sales would have been down too.

Rovers were basically ripped off by devious event organisors ... Plain and simple!

Madness are a lucrative prospect and have been doing these types of shows for nearly 40 years, so my guess is they may have made a profit on their appearence.

The Libertines seemed well supported also, so I would suggest that the club settled for a percentage with risks, and it backfired on them?

Bet they dont make that mistake ever again though?

*lost us the least amount

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 09:29
Quote:
Cybertron
That would seem to be the low risk approach, and brings certainty of return and seems to be the way to go. We have a venue, we can make the £££ and give the risk to a company who is experienced at running events.

That is the only approach which can work.

If there is money to be made, an experienced company will be looking for venues to rent. Given that an experienced company will run it more efficiently, the income from renting can be the same as the total income from trying to do it yourself.

If there isn't enough money to be made by experienced people to bother, how are inexperienced people going to make a profit? We might get the venue for free, but efficiency savings elsewhere would more than off-set that.

The experienced companies will know where the market is. Does Birkenhead have a bigger potential market being next to a big city, or a small market though being close to an Arena and other large venues? Something that works in Wrexham might not in Birkenhead (and the other way around), so why not market ourselves to the promoters and see if any bite, rather than arranging this ourselves.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 11:19
I hope they can find a way to make it work. I went to see Madness and loved it. Plus the other two gigs were a decent money spinner for me in work.
I can't say to much about how it should be done as i really haven't got a clue about it or why it apparently went so disastrously wrong.
The flyer for this year says 'the worlds hottest artists' so we shall see, said artists could of already been booked.

shankstheman
shankstheman (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 11:19
Is it the venue or is it the acts, my opinion is that it is the time of the year they want to put it on and the time of the year they start thinking of putting it on. It is far to late to be booking decent attractions in such a small space of time and if you do attract any decent acts they will want purse due to it being short notice

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 12:23
Just out of interest, where is the information about those dates from?

There is a new event in Warrington that weekend, organised by a tour promotion company, called Neighbour Weekender. It's a two-stage two-day concert which is sold out (despite having Noel Gallagher and Courteeners as headliners).

Given it's the same weekend, and a similar name, as a new festival supported by Radio X which is central within the North West, I wonder if there is some reason why that event needs to move - perhaps the council no longer allow the event, or they want to move to a 1-stage over 3 days event and Victoria Park cannot accommodate that.

There's no evidence at all there is a connection between the two events, but it would be interesting to know where this May Weekender details are from to see if there might be a connection (with either the event, or the promoters)

https://nbhdweekender.com/

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/17/171107b.shtml

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 13:53
To disclose the part loss of money last year .The entertainment manager who got sacked
apparently bought 20,000 bottles of J2o but never had them sale or return and were given out to the local community free of charge as they never sold

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 14:24
All dance music acts I believe

jade-trfc
jade-trfc (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 10:37
I have heard the band's are more mainstream acts this year, but noel did do a tweet earlier in the year just tweeting Tranmere maybe he might be one of them no doubt he would shift 20k tickets, sure we will no in time

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 18:22
Club should do a 3 day ticket, maybe for the price of 2

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 18:40
Give Corbyn his own 30 minute slot and it'd be a guaranteed sellout!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 23:11
No he can have a 5 minute slot at Lairds preaching to a couple of drunk dockers, a stray dog, two gulls and a pigeon. No Corbyn at Tranmere. Keep politics out of sport as much as possible.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 23:43
Quote:
Hardly Irons
here here...

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 08:31
Quote:
Matt34
No he can have a 5 minute slot at Lairds preaching to a couple of drunk dockers, a stray dog, two gulls and a pigeon. No Corbyn at Tranmere. Keep politics out of sport as much as possible.

"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow". From drunken dockers to an industrious, advancing army, from a stray dog to a proud, powerful and upstanding British bulldog, from gulls and a pigeon to majestic, soaring eagles. All hail the mighty Corbyn!

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 09:21
Quote:
Matt34
+1

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 09:33
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
Hardly Irons
here here...

No thanks, not more unachievable goals spouted at Prenton ta.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 09:53
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Matt34

"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow". From drunken dockers to an industrious, advancing army, from a stray dog to a proud, powerful and upstanding British bulldog, from gulls and a pigeon to majestic, soaring eagles. All hail the mighty Corbyn!
hey Phil sounds like Brighton v palace game

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 10:01
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Matt34

hey Phil sounds like Brighton v palace game

Good spot Loyden! (Sm85)

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 12:12
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Matt34

and lead us to the promised land of second tier football amen

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 16:58
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Matt34

and lead us to the promised land of second tier football amen

Hallelujah, we've seen the light!

pez
pez (IP Logged)

28 February, 2018 02:47
1st of March tomorrow and nothings been announced about any post season activities regarding Open Air Concerts?

Surely if they are planning anything they would have advertised it heavily by now?

Assuming its planned for the same time as the ill fated Wirral Live , they have 8- 9 weeks to sell tickets, and as of yet we dont know who or what theyve got lined up.

Think this might just be another rumour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 02:49 by pez.

jade-trfc
jade-trfc (IP Logged)

28 February, 2018 13:36
well it is listed on the imagine wirral website which is apart of wirral council so i assume it is happening

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 February, 2018 14:14
Imagine making a profit this time !

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 19:07
First batch of artists announced and as I said a few weeks ago all dance bands and djs I've never heard of

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 20:40
Did they get a primary school to design the poster? Looks bloody awful!

Never heard of any of the acts, but hopefully it’s a success.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 21:39
Quote:
mini_andy
Not familiar with any of the acts, is this organised by the club or is the ground being provided as a venue for the promoters.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 22:18
If anyone here goes, could you report back to us on how to pronounce Yxng Bane?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 22:40
Just asked my daughter she in to music and never heard of him so Googled and he is an East London rapper !

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 22:50
think I'll listen to his work tonight. Hopefully he is in the habit of mentioning his own name on his tracks a bit like the way Jason deroulo and Craig David did.

I'm an expert at pop music as you can tell

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 07:21
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
If anyone here goes, could you report back to us on how to pronounce Yxng Bane?

Wiki tells me it’s young bane. Go figure?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 07:35
looks like the acts have been booked by the same person who organised last summers transfer activity . I would hardly call birkenhead a dance music or rappers paradise it is far too middle of the road, indie didnt arrive in birkenhead until 1996 before then most people thought the pixies were shoes and milltown brothers the lads down the road .

It wouldnt suprise me if we didnt end up with yxng bane up front and james alabi djing

gazza102
gazza102 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 16:38
£55 and £75 per day for tickets is someone having a laugh.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 16:59
Where is this thing advertised can’t see it anywhere?

gazza102
gazza102 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 17:08

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 19:40
Quote:
gazza102
https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk/mayweekender/online/default.asp

Cheers! and what a line up! 🤥

Fiftyyearsarover

10 March, 2018 18:53
If a lot of guys on here have never heard of the acts who is going to pay £75 a day .at least in my cool kat days we would happily cough up to see Freddie and the dreamers the searchers ,Beatles ,Billy Fury sometimes all on the same bill .it was a good time to be cool man .whats Indie music ? half Apache half Sioux ,originated from Indiana? 😳 seriously ,it has to pay,. if it’s true the loss incurred last year can’t happen again .spiffing idea making use of the stadium ,but the trick is to make it pay .nondesript acts won’t cut it ,but hey what do I know, people will pay to watch Daniel O’Donnell 🤭

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 19:34
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
If a lot of guys on here have never heard of the acts who is going to pay £75 a day .at least in my cool kat days we would happily cough up to see Freddie and the dreamers the searchers ,Beatles ,Billy Fury sometimes all on the same bill .it was a good time to be cool man .whats Indie music ? half Apache half Sioux ,originated from Indiana? 😳 seriously ,it has to pay,. if it’s true the loss incurred last year can’t happen again .spiffing idea making use of the stadium ,but the trick is to make it pay .nondesript acts won’t cut it ,but hey what do I know, people will pay to watch Daniel O’Donnell 🤭
Exactly , one man`s gravy is another man`s poison ! Believe it or not there are people out there who don't think Led Zep were the greatest band ever ! Don't get it myself .

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 08:56
I have only heard of one act out of the whole listings, it would have to be a big announcement for me to go....sorry but think I might give this a miss

Fiftyyearsarover

11 March, 2018 11:04
What I know about modern groups would make a very thin book indeed only surpassed by the Italian book of war heroes ,but I amagine if you want the best acts it’s not a good idea to wait to long to book them .next years (if it an ongoing occasion ) should be being booked now. or is it not that simple ?

MESSAGES->author

11 March, 2018 11:27
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
What I know about modern groups would make a very thin book indeed only surpassed by the Italian book of war heroes ,but I amagine if you want the best acts it’s not a good idea to wait to long to book them .next years (if it an ongoing occasion ) should be being booked now. or is it not that simple ?

Lol, the book of German humour ranks alongside the book of Italian war heroes as being the shortest book in the world.

Fiftyyearsarover

11 March, 2018 11:42
Most of the guys on here are quite funny ,even goosed makes me laugh (honestly )

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 14:08
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
mini_andy
Not familiar with any of the acts, is this organised by the club or is the ground being provided as a venue for the promoters.

I hope the latter, I guess that would mean guaranteed income with less risk?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net