football
Latest News:

nlrover
nlrover (IP Logged)

Back up GK issue
13 February, 2018 22:34
I notice Taylor was on the bench on Saturday.
What happens if we end up in the playoffs vs Fylde ?
I'm guessing they wont allow him to play but I wouldn't want him to play anyway !
Surely we need to either get another short term loan or get Pilling back in and around the First Team ?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Back up GK issue
13 February, 2018 22:39
Ideal time now for Pilling to go on loan for a month or two and get some games under his belt. Would set him up nicely if we needed him for the playoffs.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 23:49
But he could do a "Duggan" and end up suspended at a crucial time!!😢

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 11:16
I go back to previous comments on this topic ,I just don’t see the problem with Pilling at all he might spill the odd one but so do all goalkeeper ,we will need another GK at the end of the season because if he has any sense and a decent offer pilling will leave ,another good youth player lost to the club .talk about give youth a chance

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 11:23
What happens if Tranmere win automatic promotion? Probably same odds as meeting Fylde....

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 17:01
I would read the lack of a loan window as meaning that loans can be made during the play-offs. We should easily be able to get an out-of-contract player on loan (given their contract won't technically be up), and would probably have the pick of players looking for a new club.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 17:32
I remember Everton signing Pat Jennings to be a sub keeper for the F A CUP final.I think it was about 82-84.I think he had just finished at Spurs.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:41
Why are we paying for a loan keeper to sit on the bench when we have Pilling.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 20:35
What’s the obsession with Pilling? Can someone actually advise as to what they have seen or know that the entire managment team do not know? He has no experince what so ever to start with and a few games at Colwyn Bay will hardly give him the necessaries if we made the play off final and we’re unlucky enough to loose Davies. Would you really be happy with Pilling in the goals for the biggest game in the clubs history after playing a few games against a few part time, part timers who work in Vauxhall’s in the welsh premier?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 20:52
I've got no problem with Taylor being ahead of Pilling. My point was, now we have cover, Pilling should go and get game time under his belt. That'll stand him in far better stead should he ever be NEEDED for our first team this season than sitting in the stands every week and playing a few friendlies behind closed doors.

And Colwyn Bay are Northern Premier, not Welsh Premier. (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 22:02
True about Colwyn, even though The Welsh FA tried to force them years ago when the Welsh system was developed, to play outside of Wales, to bully teams like them and Rhyl into joining, Colwyn declined and either the English FA or UEFA, forget which, intervened and stopped it.

Colwyn Bay were playing at Vauxhalls and Rhyl at Cheadle Town I believe; an approximate 110 mile round trip approximately for Rhyl fans, which could have been potentially crippling their home support and income I would imagine.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 22:22
Colwyn Bay were using Northwich Vics ground, Matt. Rhyl didn't play in exile at all as they joined the Welsh system from the start, although they did threaten not to. Caernarfon was the other North Wales side affected, they used the old speedway stadium at Ellesmere Port and, I think, were over in Manchester at Curzon Ashton for a little while too.

nlrover
nlrover (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 20:56
Higgo I have no obsession with Pilling, was just trying to point out that Taylor wouldn't / shouldn't play should we end up competing against Fylde for/ in the playoffs.
So, if Davies was too get injured we would need a goalie who knew the players and had experience of our training etc. to avoid a shambles. Therefore in my opinion we have to get Pilling around the first team or get another keeper in as back up, but either way it means we ditch Taylor.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 00:49
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Colwyn Bay were using Northwich Vics ground, Matt. Rhyl didn't play in exile at all as they joined the Welsh system from the start, although they did threaten not to. Caernarfon was the other North Wales side affected, they used the old speedway stadium at Ellesmere Port and, I think, were over in Manchester at Curzon Ashton for a little while too.

Interesting. Obviously my memory has been playing tricks on me for some time now,

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 09:23
Quote:
Old Rover
Why are we paying for a loan keeper to sit on the bench when we have Pilling.

I agree to a point, but if Davies gets injured/suspended, we'd need another loan keeper as Pilling alone wouldn't be enough. Keeping someone around who is known and has been around the club is useful at this stage of the season - we don't want to make a poor signing in such an important position at this stage of the season.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 11:01
Pilling has gone on loan to Warrington for a month.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 13:00
Quote:
rossb07
Pilling has gone on loan to Warrington for a month.
shock shock not warrington !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net