football
Latest News:

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

North Ferriby
13 February, 2018 22:01
See North Ferriby lost yet again. Does anyone know what's been happening there? Is it in any way the same team which won promotion a couple of seasons ago and at least made a decent effort to stay up last year? This season they seem to have completely collapsed.

nlrover
nlrover (IP Logged)

Re: North Ferriby
13 February, 2018 22:29
I remember being at the game last season when we struggled to break them down and thought then they were the worst team I had seen at PP for years.
Guiseley ran them close this year !

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 22:34
I am not sure what has happened there, somewhat sad really. I think they had a change of ownership earlier in the season, not sure if before that there was an exodus of players, but 1 win and 6 draws is poor. I think we can all empathise with teams who face consecutive relegations.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 11:54
Unfortunately, already miles adrift at the bottom of Conference North seem doomed to the NPL.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 16:22
They seem to be following the same path as Altrincham.. 2 seasons ago Altrincham were relegated from VNL and last season they finished rock bottom of the VNLN. They seem to be bouncing back though, currently 9 pts clear at the top of the Evo-Stik.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 16:23 by hong kong rover.

HardlyYardley

14 February, 2018 16:40
Thanks for replies. I'd be interested to know how many of the players who won promotion from that league two years ago are still there (presumably very demoralised) or whether it's effectively a new side? They have very few points and, not surprisingly, a terrible goal difference. When I was young, Stockport and Southport were regular visitors - now both look in possible danger of disappearing.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 17:01
Billy Heath led them first to the Trophy and then promotion to the National League but then quit after doing so. And the bankrolling that got them there ran out too. Pretty sure the squad that got them promotion had mostly left by the start of last season.

Heath took over at Halifax and took them up last season while Ferriby plummeted. As mentioned on here, they've changed ownership again this season and the new bloke is talking, in very vague terms, about relocating them to Hull. They're a village side who's natural place in the pecking order is three or four levels below the National and I reckon that's where they're heading back to.

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:27
If I remember correctly, we played them on a Tuesday evening last season and I think I counted 12 supporters, although to be fair another turned up 5 minutes into the game. They stayed right to the end as well, as it looked as though they were going to get a point until Cook (I think) scored right at the end. It's about the only time I've ever felt sorry for the other team, as they were very poor and had no attacking guile about them at all. It was as though they'd have been telling their grandchildren in years to come that they nearly got a point at the mighty Tranmere.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:30
they beat wrexham at wembley, brilliant, they will always have that. always pleasurable to remind Dai Kwondo with that one, lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 18:32 by hong kong rover.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 17:01
Quote:
Dupak
If I remember correctly, we played them on a Tuesday evening last season and I think I counted 12 supporters, although to be fair another turned up 5 minutes into the game. They stayed right to the end as well, as it looked as though they were going to get a point until Cook (I think) scored right at the end. It's about the only time I've ever felt sorry for the other team, as they were very poor and had no attacking guile about them at all. It was as though they'd have been telling their grandchildren in years to come that they nearly got a point at the mighty Tranmere.

Any possible sympathy for them immediatey evaporated when their keeper hugely play acted at the very end and got Norwood sent off.

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 22:12
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Dupak

Any possible sympathy for them immediatey evaporated when their keeper hugely play acted at the very end and got Norwood sent off.

Yes, Hoots, youre right. I'm getting old - I completely forgot about that, although you are one of the many guys on here who seems to have a memory of every game Tranmere have ever played . I'm afraid I've got to the stage that when I go upstairs, I realise i've completely forgotten what I've come up for. Then, having racked my brains, I remember it was to go to bed.

HardlyYardley

16 February, 2018 20:21
Thanks for the info in the responses.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 08:54
As a young lad I remember frequent visitors like Workington town and Bradford park Avenue (been there) I remember Boston Utd Darlington Scarborough in the FL .a bad set of circumstances and you can be gone .mind you I don’t think they were set up for the FL .look at Hartlepools they could go .i hate to see the old established clubs struggling .a town is never the same if a established club goes imagine Birkenhead without the whites .5000 suicides in town, 1in Hong Kong 🤭

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 23:07
on the other hand Lairds might get a massive upsurge in fans and start signing £5000 a week footballers in a move that would culminate in several promotions in 8-10 years to league 2.

By which time they might have an all-seater stadium similar to Clyde in Scotland with around 2,500 capacity I seem to recall and league safety standards.

Some people could look at it as a crumb of comfort to be getting their fix about 1.5 miles from their old ground at less than half the price of a ticket and the club would enjoy potentially another 500 - 1,000+ people every week, they wouldn't mind.

In reality though I feel Tranmere are more than safe from the Wolves at the door scenario, with the Palios' in charge.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net