football
Latest News:

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Forest green
13 February, 2018 20:56
They have sent jermain defoe a parcel of vegan cheese hoping he might consider coming on loan !I was thinking of sending Messi a plate of stew.I'm sure Phil will come up with a few suggestions get the brain working

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Forest green
13 February, 2018 23:54
Up to 20th tonight.😢

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Loyden1
They have sent jermain defoe a parcel of vegan cheese hoping he might consider coming on loan !I was thinking of sending Messi a plate of stew.I'm sure Phil will come up with a few suggestions get the brain working

Could sprinkle the pitch markings with cocaine, that might entice Robbie Fowler, crawling on his hands n knees, to Prenton Park and hopefully he would be laden with huge bags of cash aswell, lol... Fowlers goal celebration must go down as one of the most controversial ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 17:29 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 17:39
Are FGR still thinking of going ahead with their all timber stadium plans? As someone on the forum stated quite a while ago, how many trees would need to be felled for eco friendly hippy Dale Vince to get his new stadium? FGR ( the worlds most environmentally benign football club ) club vacancies- Lumberjacks required, apply within.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 18:02 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:00
Loyden, Tranmere69, HKR, like the vegan cheese, it's tasteless mocking poor old FGR and you'd never catch me doing it!

On the flip side, somebody recently mentioned the possibility of Matt Rhead joining us; I'd offer him Tofu turkey (yes, there is such a thing) and, keeping with a Christmas theme, that'll keep the donkey away!!
Seriously bad stuff that Tofu turkey; it's like chewing on the recently removed, warm insole of your granny's well worn slipper with some surprise, stomach churning, crunchy, natural condiments that granny has deposited! You'll have to try it some day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 18:01 by Phil65.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:02
Quote:
hong kong rover
Are FGR still thinking of going ahead with their all timber stadium plans? As someone on the forum stated quite a while ago, how many trees would need to be felled for eco friendly hippy Dale Vince to get his new stadium? FGR club vacancies- Lumberjacks required, apply within.

Massive re-think, Stroud Council not keen on development so business park ditched, they are still hopeful of building a stadium but can't see it any time soon.

Latest Ecotricity/FGR plan

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 18:07
Quote:
Phil65
Loyden, Tranmere69, HKR, like the vegan cheese, it's tasteless mocking poor old FGR and you'd never catch me doing it!
On the flip side, somebody recently mentioned the possibility of Matt Rhead joining us; I'd offer him Tofu turkey (yes, there is such a thing) and, keeping with a Christmas theme, that'll keep the donkey away!!
Seriously bad stuff that Tofu turkey; it's like chewing on the recently removed, warm insole of your granny's well worn slipper with some surprise, stomach churning, crunchy, natural condiments that granny has deposited! You'll have to try it some day!

hi phil, tofu is really popular here in hk. chow stinky tofu, its called here and is sold at night markets and roadside stalls, when cooked it smells like someone is boiling a pan of p*ss. its revolting lol. the chinese will eat anything, if it moves, they eat it.. start of the chinese new year hols now and have 6 days off work so sitting up late with a few whiskies on the forum lol.. if shaun garnett is still in china, I wonder what his plans are for the chinese new year hols? china closes down for about 10 days. chinese new year sees the worlds biggest migration of humanity every year, millions upon millions of them travelling up n down the country visiting families n loved ones and transportation on the mainland is absolutely chaotic. all chinese new year does in hk is further contribute to the horrendous noise pollution here with fireworks, fire crackers, drums and loud lion dances going off everywhere.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 18:24 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 18:12
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Quote:
hong kong rover
Are FGR still thinking of going ahead with their all timber stadium plans? As someone on the forum stated quite a while ago, how many trees would need to be felled for eco friendly hippy Dale Vince to get his new stadium? FGR club vacancies- Lumberjacks required, apply within.

Massive re-think, Stroud Council not keen on development so business park ditched, they are still hopeful of building a stadium but can't see it any time soon.

Latest Ecotricity/FGR plan

thks for the update

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:26
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Phil65

hi phil, tofu is really popular here in hk. chow stinky tofu, its called here and is sold at night markets and roadside stalls, when cooked it smells like someone is boiling a pan of p*ss. its revolting lol. the chinese will eat anything, if it moves, they eat it.. start of the chinese new year hols now and have 6 days off work so sitting up late with a few whiskies on the forum lol

Lol, we're really selling the joys of Tofu (or bean curd; more like bean turd!). I actually like it in a schezuan (other spellings available) sauce from my locàl Chinese, which makes it palatable. The whisky is a little easier to sell though! Talking about making things palatable, I'll be downing several beers later to make the Valentine's meal with the Mrs tolerable! Enjoy your time off work and have a wee dram on me!

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 18:33
They can build their new stadium with Tofu.

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 18:59
Quote:
Old Rover
They can build their new stadium with Tofu.

LOL, 2018 is the chinese new year of the dog, not sure if that would be on the menu at FGR.. dog is widely eaten on the mainland but not here in hk. they actually have dog eating festivals in china. in some cases people will eat the whole dog, innards, entrails the lot. in a few rare cases people have caught rabies from eating dog, they have undercooked the dogs brain( which they are about to consume) and the virus hasn't been destroyed.

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 19:18
if rovers persist with their business in china then very soon the half time staple in the prenton snack bars will be dog burgers and recently trapped, freshly cooked hot dogs.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 20:05
Quote:
hong kong rover
if rovers persist with their business in china then very soon the half time staple in the prenton snack bars will be dog burgers and recently trapped, freshly cooked hot dogs.
instead of Cantonese they might try pekinese.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 21:55
Rover might be reading this as I type with an unpleasant stain developing around the bum lining of his dog suit.

There might end up being some kind of pre-match entertainment, where a club official wearing a large sloping wicker hat and carrying a meat cleaver and a wok, chases Rover around the edge of the pitch threatening to bludgeon and cook him, but never actually does, whilst the Benny Hill music plays over a tannoy eye popping smiley

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 22:17
Quote:
Matt34
Rover might be reading this as I type with an unpleasant stain developing around the bum lining of his dog suit.
There might end up being some kind of pre-match entertainment, where a club official wearing a large sloping wicker hat and carrying a meat cleaver and a wok, chases Rover around the edge of the pitch threatening to bludgeon and cook him, but never actually does, whilst the Benny Hill music plays over a tannoy eye popping smiley

lol, on the subject of dogs, reminds me of that famous quote from Luther Blissett when he transferred from Watford to AC Milan. Upon seeing the San Siro stadium for the very first time, Blissetts very first comment was,. 'Blimey! its a bit different from Watford, where's the dog track?..' Vicarage Road used to have dog racing up until the mid/late 70s but the track was criticized for having bends that were too sharp for the dogs to race around.

MESSAGES->author

14 February, 2018 22:27
Can anyone remember the old Chester greyhound stadium that was right next door to the old Sealand Road football ground? They used to race on Monday n Saturday nights, I went a few times. It closed down in the mid 80s.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 22:32
Quote:
hong kong rover
Can anyone remember the old Chester greyhound stadium that was right next door to the old Sealand Road football ground? They used to race on Monday n Saturday nights, I went a few times. It closed down in the mid 80s.
went there with my dad a few times.think we went straight over once on a Saturday after match

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net