football
Latest News:

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

Wirral radio
09 February, 2018 11:25
Just seen it's shutting down this is awful news as now we are stuck with 2 seconds on city or Merseyside. And plus the far distance fans HKR for instance won't be able to listen to the great coverage.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Wirral radio
09 February, 2018 12:04
Thats really sad news to hear. I listen all the time to full match commentary. They have been fantastic with their coverage of the Rovers and I sure will miss them along with the dulcet tones of Higgy as co commentator..what the hell am I gonna do with my Saturday evenings now? If I cant get other radio stations from the areas that the teams we are playing against then it means more time having to listen to the missus groan groan.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 12:34
Terrible news! Time to start a pirate Rovers station!

MESSAGES->author

09 February, 2018 12:41
Mr Palios is an expert at rescuing companies from the brink, could he step in?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 12:56
Haven't used it but what about mixlr ?

JK JD
JK JD (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 12:58
Nicola tweeted a response to Wirral Radio's tweet :

Really sad news - Let’s put our heads together to see if there is any way of salvaging something...

MESSAGES->author

09 February, 2018 13:08
I fully understand that Mr n Mrs Palios have their hands full with TRFC and the Chinese dealings but would they know anyone that could help out?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 13:10
[mixlr.com]

For tomorrow at the very least.

MESSAGES->author

09 February, 2018 14:07
Quote:
rossb07
http://mixlr.com/tranmere-rovers/
For tomorrow at the very least.

thks ross, I don't know anything about that but I will see if I can get any luck with it tmrw.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 16:55
I’m gutted about this. They weren’t perfect, but they were volunteers and did a good enough job.

I’ll have to listen to the Tranmere feed now. Which, as much of a nice chap he seams to be, Paul Harper is not a commentator. Rovers should employ Phil and Rob.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 17:19
Do we know why they have stopped so suddenly. is it finance? or work commitments?

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 17:29
A very professional job I thought. Knowledgeable and passionate.

I really hope the club can work something out with them.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 18:13
Gutted for them and for those who can't make the game and now can't listen to the commentary.

My missus used to have it on all day as they had a good mix of music as well.

All the best to those at the station, if you read this forum. Hope something can be worked out for you.

Could someone tell me how that mixlr works, please? Does it have a commentary? TYIA.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 18:17
Quote:
Yiggsy
Gutted for them and for those who can't make the game and now can't listen to the commentary.
My missus used to have it on all day as they had a good mix of music as well.

All the best to those at the station, if you read this forum. Hope something can be worked out for you.

Could someone tell me how that mixlr works, please? Does it have a commentary? TYIA.

Yea you just click on the link and listen, but it’s paul harper and Andy Doyle commentating, who are both nice guys, but not commentators (I can say that because Paul slagged this forum off).

Get Phil and Higgy/Rob on Mixlr and all will be good

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 18:42
Gutted, how will I listen to away games? (Sm103)

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 19:37
I thought wirral radio was great as I am living in Scotland it was really good to listen to the games, although it is not that relaxing listening to Tranmere in them tight games.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 22:45
Will really miss the commentary but not little Jimmy in Liscard presumably the Leah of advertising revenue contributed

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 22:49
I guess in the short time we could simply tune into the local station on the web of the team we are playing and get coverage .....

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 22:54
Imagine if the best thing about Wirral Radio was the Tranmere commentary......

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 23:08
The match will be on 92.1fm tomorrow for all you local guys. Those of us that need a web link will be listening to mixlr I guess

mb53trfc
mb53trfc (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 23:37
This is my lifeline to Rovers as it is to many who live away from the area and for away games. Shocking news and thought the guys did a great job. Will be sorely missed.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 23:58
I agree with you all but it looks like mixlr will be our Tranmere
away fix.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 00:52
Thanks to Nicola Palios the game will be on 92.1fm. Always very unique and very enjoyable commentary. It's become my no1 day to day station aswell. Lets hope it can somehow have a future

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 07:22
Quote:
Tranmere69
away fix.

But I have Wirral radio as a preset on the car radio. I don't think I could do the same with mixlr could I?

Also I use the tunein app on my phone to listen. Does anyone know if I can get mixlr this way?

Another question, finding local radio for away matches could be kind of difficult given the plethora of stations out there. We could spend ages and ages searching for the one with the commentary?

We need Wirral radio to make our lives simpler!

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 08:43
Apparently there will be commentary on BBC Radio London, I'm sure can be accessed via T*internet

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 08:52
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Tranmere69
away fix.

But I have Wirral radio as a preset on the car radio. I don't think I could do the same with mixlr could I?

Also I use the tunein app on my phone to listen. Does anyone know if I can get mixlr this way?

Another question, finding local radio for away matches could be kind of difficult given the plethora of stations out there. We could spend ages and ages searching for the one with the commentary?

We need Wirral radio to make our lives simpler!

I have mixlr app on my phone👍

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 09:47
Could be fun listening to the away perspective if we are winning the game but could also be very annoying if we are losing.

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 15:12
wirral radio is commentating on todays match.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 15:29
These guys do a great job following Rovers, really hope the club or maybe supporters trust can sort something out, great to listen too aswell winking smiley

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 15:53
GTFI Richie Sutton. We need these points.

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 19:04
“and Norwood is 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper,well,you know the rest”

That’s the sentence that sticks in my mind from today’s commentary on Wirral Radio.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 20:44
According to the commentary on mixr it was cook who was one on one and goalie tipped it onto the outside of the post. Dont think I was able to get Wirral radio in Scotland but mixr wasnt too bad but Wirral radio is best.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 20:48
Wirral radio was on the app today, it sounded like he was taking into his mobile phone though! Still good commentary!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 21:52
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
“and Norwood is 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper,well,you know the rest”
That’s the sentence that sticks in my mind from today’s commentary on Wirral Radio.

He had clear space in a crowded penalty area and should have burst the net.But I never understand why what is a ''one on one'' for some players is not for the rest and why every time some players miss a good chance ,it is classed as a ''one on one''

Cook had a clear run in on goal-that was a much better and obvious example. Either way,they both should have scored,but didn't[because of the keeper doing his job]

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 22:14
Think the radio was talking about the effort just after half time when Norwood nicked the ball off the last defender but, with just the keeper to beat, put it over the bar. Wasn't a crowded box for that one.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 22:32
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Think the radio was talking about the effort just after half time when Norwood nicked the ball off the last defender but, with just the keeper to beat, put it over the bar. Wasn't a crowded box for that one.

The defender was still alongside him and he was on the edge of the area at best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 22:34 by Hoots Mon.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 22:51
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

The defender was still alongside him and he was on the edge of the area at best.
+1 that is the way I saw it, he nicked the ball but was always under pressure from the defender. Cook definitely did have a 1 on 1 later on, I think the keeper just got enough on it to turn it onto the post. On another day it would have gone in...

MESSAGES->author

11 February, 2018 01:24
Missed the commentary last night. Spent the evening watching premiership footy round at a mates house who is a gunners fan. Watched spurs v arsenal then stoke v brighton. Not often I watch the premier. Just got updates on my mates computer of the rovers score and didnt make much effort trying to tune into mixlr.

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 11:05
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

Yeah that’s the one. Just after half time the commentator said it.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 13:15
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

So just his opinion then? Different from mine.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 13:37
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

So just his opinion then? Different from mine.

It'd be worth seeing the replay. I was in the West Stand, directly opposite the Rovers fans, on the back row and from there you could see Nors was definitely goal-side of his defender. The only other player in the box was the keeper so your mention of a crowded box threw me a bit.

On a different point, there was one incident in the first half when Orient were breaking down the left only for the ref to pull play back because of a linesman's flag, back deep in their half. It restarted with a throw in, even though the incident took place right in front of the linesman and the ball never got within a yard of the touchline! Most bizarre throw in I, and those around me, have ever seen awarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 13:38 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 14:53
Broadcasting today as normal. Fingers crossed.

MESSAGES->author

12 February, 2018 17:18
just about to retire to bed here in HK and quickly checked to see if wirral radio are broadcasting , and they are. Whats going on? thought they had closed down..

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 17:46
I'm confused. I tried to connect and for silence.

JK JD
JK JD (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 20:46
This is their latest tweet:
Thank you for all your support and kind messages. You can still continue to listen to our non stop music output on DAB 92.1FM via our app & online at wirralradio.co.uk. Keep checking back for updates. #wearewirral

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 20:49
It's working fine on the app on my IPad. It doesn't always play automatically and I have to hop from the home screen to the schedule list and back again until the "listen live" option comes up and then I click on to listen. Not sure why it does this though?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 00:21
I see that 2000 people tuned in to listen to them on Saturday (as well as all those that listened on FM, and 1200 that listened to tranmere own commantry on mixlr)

MESSAGES->author

17 February, 2018 10:47
Hoping they will have commentary for the game and that I can get it online. Does anyone know if they will be broadcasting on the match today?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 10:58
[twitter.com]

Top pinned post, looks like they could be back for good. Hopefully...

MESSAGES->author

17 February, 2018 11:00
Quote:
rossb07
https://twitter.com/WirralRadio921
Top pinned post, looks like they could be back for good. Hopefully...

thks ross.

MESSAGES->author

17 February, 2018 15:52
listening to wirral radio today for match commentary and they are asking for listeners to help out with contributions to keep them on air and seems as if quite a few people are donating. I am gonna send some money off to them and hope that it can help out a little.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 08:16
Had a chat with Rob Edwards after the game, he doesn't know what's happening, just that they are trying to raise money.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 22:20
Wirral radio 92.1fm back on Air....2 presenters having there own sit in....takeover...good on them, crowdingfunding page is very ambitious, quess any amount helps, to keep the station running they say, be real shame to lose these lot....volunteers aswell !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2018 22:21 by trfc-boi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net