football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

MM Press Conference
08 February, 2018 17:37
Interesting to hear that Scott Davies is available for Saturday which is great news although need to check his kicking apparently. As reported elsewhere Tollitt played 75 minutes on Tuesday so he might even be in contention to start Saturday?
On the negative side Wallace has pulled his groin so his return to full fitness is delayed.....

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: MM Press Conference
08 February, 2018 17:52
Quote:
ADD
Interesting to hear that Scott Davies is available for Saturday which is great news although need to check his kicking apparently. As reported elsewhere Tollitt played 75 minutes on Tuesday so he might even be in contention to start Saturday?
On the negative side Wallace has pulled his groin so his return to full fitness is delayed.....

Little unfair if Davies come straight back in after a Taylor clean sheet. Tollit for me, bench again, as this team has got us to a healthy position and no one should lose there place. Wallace, FFS, he may as well pack it in and start coaching.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 17:54
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
ADD

Little unfair if Davies come straight back in after a Taylor clean sheet. Tollit for me, bench again, as this team has got us to a healthy position and no one should lose there place. Wallace, FFS, he may as well pack it in and start coaching.

It's a ''minor groin strain''apparently-days out not longer

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 18:05
A minor groin strain after such a long period out isn't that uncommon for any player not just JW.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 18:20
Despite reservations about RT, the facts are P5 W3 D2 L0 on his watch, although we have conceded 5 goals.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 19:13
Wouldn’t risk either, if we have to test his kicking then Davies isn’t fit. I would bring to,it on after 55 minutes, ease him in. Both may well be needed in the run in no point risking it changing a wnning side. Wallace should be sent out for grazing at Solar Campus, complete waste of money.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 22:15
Agree ,take the time to get them fit .just in time for the run in ..no comment on Wallace enough said

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 22:21
If Wallace break's down in training how long will he last in a match

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 23:52
Surely though that question could be asked of any player close to a return, regardless of the longevity of an injury.

Ironically someone could acquire a gimpy groin on Monday, be seen as able to make it for the Saturday game, then go gimpy again or regimp, regimpify? themselves on the Friday and miss selection.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 15:39
Unfortunately matt we have a lot of Wallace bashes on this forum.to me I think he has been very unlucky he's a skilled player and I'm sure he's not getting these injuries on purpose.I sympathise with the poor lad.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 16:30
Quote:
Loyden1
Unfortunately matt we have a lot of Wallace bashes on this forum.to me I think he has been very unlucky he's a skilled player and I'm sure he's not getting these injuries on purpose.I sympathise with the poor lad.

Me too, I want him back but it's frustrating, no doubt for him as well as the fans

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 16:58
Fa the rains that Wallace was a high risk signing of the sort we cannot afford

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 17:13
How do you know we can’t afford it? He might be playing on a pay as you play deal for all we know.

A fit James Wallace walks into any championship midfield. The fit part is the reason he’s at Tranmere.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 20:54
Sorry Loyden ,agree it’s sad ,but how can you be unlucky for 5years .a fit Wallace we all want but it’s not going to happen l and some others on here are not Wallace bashes ,just realists

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 21:51
A fit Wallace is something not seen for years.He was offered a contract after 3 months with us so I very much doubt it was a pay as you play arrangement.I feel sorry for Wallace but like many others I expected what has unfolded.Can anyone have any reason to think that he can ever make more than a fleeting contribution.This is a second season with very little time on the pitch

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 22:41
Dunno if Jay gets injured again and Wallace is finally fit could make the difference between top and play offs. Who knows eh?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 00:07
The lad isn't fit enough to play. He hasn't been fit for several seasons.Yes it would be nice to see the old Wallace back but I really doubt that it will happen.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 08:55
Wonder if In 50 years from now bionic legs will of come on that much that footballers wear them?... look forwards to seeing Wallace then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 08:55 by TranmereFan.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 10:05
We will have only 12 games to go by the time now he could potentially now be fit after this minor setback and even then he will be far from full match fitness so the chances of him making a worthwhile contribution before the end of the season is low. This was a MM gamble which was always high risk given he only started 14 games in over 2 years since first leaving us. Sadly it has very predictably in many eyes that it failed.

Brenk
Brenk (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 11:44
I would be nervous about bringing Wallace back into the first team with around 10 games to go. A settled side is a better option BUT would be good insurance with him on the bench. A couple of cameos might be all it takes to get us over the line.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 17:38
If fit, Wallace is easily the best player we have. I would think and hope that the club had good medical advice on his injuries, if and how they're related and the likely chances of any further related injuries. If a risk doesn't come off it doesn't mean it wasn't a sensible, calculated risk. If we wind up in the play-offs, especially if we're back at Wembley, a match-fit Wallace (admittedly, another if) could easily be our match winner. I can imagine how unpopular this suggestion will be with some people but, if the medical advice and his wage demands make it another reasonable risk, I would sign him up for another season.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 18:03
Let's not forget how good he was towards the end of last season before he got injured again. He was a class apart in this league. He is a risk so the manager has a decision to make. While he's on our books, he should be played when ready and if he gets injured again, so be it.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 22:30
Sorry guys, I'm not quite getting the superlatives being bandied around re: Wallace. To me he's a luxury player who, yes, does obviously have some class, but his work rate, pace and grit are lacking in comparison to others. Yes, I was at Aldershot for the play-offs when he put the ball through for Norwood, who, by the way, made a great run and put in a great pass for Stockton to finish. Wallace was an important part of the jigsaw then and in other games, but I don't put him on the pedestal that others do. As an example and in my opinion, Tollitt is more likely to have an impact, score goals and win games. However, I'm a believer in "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts".

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 23:42
Quote:
Phil65
Sorry guys, I'm not quite getting the superlatives being bandied around re: Wallace. To me he's a luxury player who, yes, does obviously have some class, but his work rate, pace and grit are lacking in comparison to others. Yes, I was at Aldershot for the play-offs when he put the ball through for Norwood, who, by the way, made a great run and put in a great pass for Stockton to finish. Wallace was an important part of the jigsaw then and in other games, but I don't put him on the pedestal that others do. As an example and in my opinion, Tollitt is more likely to have an impact, score goals and win games. However, I'm a believer in "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts".

+2, he’s not even played a part this season and only had a little go last season. Giving full credit to our current squad and think we’re playing quite well at the minute and getting better as the season goes on.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 09:01
Quote:
HardlyYardley
If fit, Wallace is easily the best player we have. I would think and hope that the club had good medical advice on his injuries, if and how they're related and the likely chances of any further related injuries. If a risk doesn't come off it doesn't mean it wasn't a sensible, calculated risk. If we wind up in the play-offs, especially if we're back at Wembley, a match-fit Wallace (admittedly, another if) could easily be our match winner. I can imagine how unpopular this suggestion will be with some people but, if the medical advice and his wage demands make it another reasonable risk, I would sign him up for another season.
I think you give MM and the club far too much credit for this one. I think we had a very very good idea of his injury prone nature but unlike any Championship, League 1 or League 2 club we decided it was worth a spin on the roulette wheel of fortune. I don't know who will be doing our recruiting next season but I think they would be mad to offer Wallace another contract unless a strictly pay as you play one.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 10:32
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
HardlyYardley
I think you give MM and the club far too much credit for this one. I think we had a very very good idea of his injury prone nature but unlike any Championship, League 1 or League 2 club we decided it was worth a spin on the roulette wheel of fortune. I don't know who will be doing our recruiting next season but I think they would be mad to offer Wallace another contract unless a strictly pay as you play one.

My point is that we don't know how the risk was calculated - i.e. the medical advice and the wages - but it should have been done (and, hopefully, was done) on a reasoned basis : what Wallace could do for us versus the probabilities that he will be able to do it for us. There's no such thing as "an injury prone nature" - there are players who get injured then that injury keeps recurring, there are players who get an injury which leaves them susceptible to other injuries, there are players who pick up unrelated injuries, there are players who may just be unlucky and there are players whose style and position may expose them to an above average risk of injury. You may be right that I'm giving MM too much credit, but we don't really know. I wouldn't (and didn't) give him credit for some other decisions over the summer and early this season, but we just don't know the facts on his one and, at least potentially, Wallace could have made (and maybe could still make) a real difference on whether we go up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net