football
Latest News:

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

FA Trophy
05 February, 2018 15:30
Next round of the above due to be played on 24/02 .We should be playing Maidstone away in the league but if they beat Gateshead in the Trophy it will have to be arranged .Bit of a journey for midweek guys

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: FA Trophy
06 February, 2018 22:20
Maidstone lost 3-0 and Maidenhead lost 3-2 at Stockport [AET] so both our and Macclesfield's planned league games will go ahead as originally scheduled.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 08:08
That keeps it neat and tidy .No more disruptions to the schedule then

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 15:26
Glad we are out of it ,we don’t need extra games ,even the FA cup is dying a death when I was a boy the FA cup was a big occasion but now the big sides send the reserves out hence falling gates ,why pay full money to sit in a bitterly cold half or even less empty stadium it’s a shame for the small clubs who get a big draw but don’t get to see the star players,but their supporters turn out hoping to see the big names which are rested .i know it’s their job but if I played for a big team and played in the FA cup games only and get dropped for the final I would not be amused .some of the attendances have been very poor up to round 3 can be interesting as the shocks happen but as the giant killers go it becomes a bore .another victim of the premier League ,champions League before anything else

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

24 March, 2018 17:19
For what its worth.. The 2018 FA Trophy Final will be.. Bromley v Brackley Town.

Pretty sure its on the same day as the FA vase final at Wembley. Can't see a big crowd for that.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

24 March, 2018 17:45
About 5000 I should think

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

24 March, 2018 17:48
The 2018 FA Vase final will be...Stockton Town v Thatcham Town.

1874 Northwich FC ( club run by the supporters ) lost in the semi finals today.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

25 March, 2018 13:03
Happy for mekki and bromley. One of the few sides to try and play football at our place

Reremnart
Reremnart (IP Logged)

28 March, 2018 12:49
Bromley have been on FB today praising their fantastic support after selling 4000 tickets for Wembley, a journey of a huge 20 miles.

Reremnart
Reremnart (IP Logged)

29 March, 2018 10:27
Personally I think it`s about time the FA issued the same edict for the FA Cup that there is for the Johnsons Paint as in clubs have to play a certain number of players in the FA Cup that played in the last league game. This playing a squad team or, in the case of Man City at Chelsea a couple of years ago, the Youth team is insulting to the opposition, the competition and about all the people who bought tickets. It is getting worse season after season with the Campionship team now doing it as well as the Premiership ones and something has to be done about it before the competition becomes nearly meanless. Of course we all know it won`t happen as the FA are terrorified of upsetting the cash cow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net