football
Latest News:
 

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Macclesfield
01 February, 2018 21:24
They are the latest team with financial problems. The players have apparently not been paid for January and the situation is described as " alarming"

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 04:45
It’s a funny League the NL .its mostly the ex League sides that are struggling or the only ones talking about it ,it could be the upkeep of a large stadium ,paying bigger wages to attract better players to get out this beastly League ,the SWA are superb the way they support Tranmere and as I have said before some gates for some teams are 350/500 how they keep going I don’t know that’s why I have a lot of time for the likes of Sutton Utd Solihull moors it’s proper football .i am now bored solid with the premier League the preening ,praying mercenaries destroying the game, the dye is now cast it’s only a matter of time before we get the first million pound a week player ,the world gone mad

 
stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 08:37
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It’s a funny League the NL .its mostly the ex League sides that are struggling or the only ones talking about it ,it could be the upkeep of a large stadium ,paying bigger wages to attract better players to get out this beastly League ,the SWA are superb the way they support Tranmere and as I have said before some gates for some teams are 350/500 how they keep going I don’t know that’s why I have a lot of time for the likes of Sutton Utd Solihull moors it’s proper football .i am now bored solid with the premier League the preening ,praying mercenaries destroying the game, the dye is now cast it’s only a matter of time before we get the first million pound a week player ,the world gone mad

Nice one fifty, I thought it was just me that felt like that, hate corporate football with a passion.

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 08:59
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It’s a funny League the NL .its mostly the ex League sides that are struggling or the only ones talking about it ,it could be the upkeep of a large stadium ,paying bigger wages to attract better players to get out this beastly League ,the SWA are superb the way they support Tranmere and as I have said before some gates for some teams are 350/500 how they keep going I don’t know that’s why I have a lot of time for the likes of Sutton Utd Solihull moors it’s proper football .i am now bored solid with the premier League the preening ,praying mercenaries destroying the game, the dye is now cast it’s only a matter of time before we get the first million pound a week player ,the world gone mad

Nice one fifty, I thought it was just me that felt like that, hate corporate football with a passion.
I'm the same these days. Can't remember the last time i watched MOTD or the likes. I don't even know the scores anymore, i usually ask my nephew how Liverpool got on but that's just conversation i honestly have no intrest in it.

 
mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 09:56
Agree, when I went to watch England, I couldn’t tell you who half the players were (English ones) nor who the played for!

Then you see clubs struggling for £50k, when some reserve team players earn that every week in the prem!

 
Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 10:36
I suspect the debts in the NL are often over-analysed. On the face of it, this division is full of teams trying to overspend to get back into the Football League and the goldmine it brings. That sounds like clubs who are overspending to try to get to the top half of the Premiership.

We've seen lots of teams try the 'boom or bust' approach to being in the Premiership, and League One/Two has lots of clubs who took multiple steps backwards after overspending to get to the top (Portsmouth, Blackpool, Plymouth, Bradford). But I can't think of a former league club who have gone backwards from NL - Stockport, Chester and Darlington continued the slide from the league, rather than stabilising and then getting into trouble.

It is undoubtedly tough in this league, but shortage of cash flows is probably just the norm that all clubs are working through. For the likes of Solihull and Guiseley the figures are small enough that it's manageable, but for bigger clubs it is sizeable amounts which are eventually recouped. I suspect all clubs have their times when things look tight, but have the structures in place to ensure those risks pass.

I suspect finding new cash at good times is hard, but once things become 'alarming' local businesses etc. are more likely to be supportive, so there are quick injections of new advertisers and so on.

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 11:12
Unfortunately, with the exception of the parachute payments to the teams relegated from the FL (which I believe last two seasons), all finance is self generating.

The revenue coming from home matches etc so, a spell of bad weather affecting home games together with a series of away fixtures can have serious consequences in the short term for clubs.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 13:20
Yes we are lucky it’s not often PP is waterlogged or Frozen ,but we all know it can happen .Braintree was one club who could find themselves4/6 games behind ,Rochdale have a poor record already 4 games behind

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 13:31
Once you exclude sugar daddies revenue is the key and hence with careful husbandry we always have the potential to aim for promotion. Totally endorse rejection of the Sky hyped propaganda of best league in the world.Entertaining football is more than just skills.Passion commitment and a real identity with a team matter. I am sickened by the pseudo badge slapping of the premier prima donnas who minutes later may well be seeKing another move inspired by greed.
I find just the Same contempt for the coreographed goal celebration which too often is celebration of self glorification.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 13:32
Watch the 40 minutes Tranmere documentary on youtube. Very emotional.

 
martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 14:18
I agree! I have watched it many times not least because I make a cameo appearance but because it really does remind me of what were very very difficult times for the club!

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 15:08
Quote:
martyd12
I agree! I have watched it many times not least because I make a cameo appearance but because it really does remind me of what were very very difficult times for the club!
filled out a bit since then martyd .not on your own tho !

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 15:51
It’s part and parcel of modern football, we’ve been in a financial struggle for many years, MP and NP have managed to keep the wolves from the door short term but I doubt that will last, said it before big decisions need making about our club and it’s situation, the ground has to be managed to its capacity for every game not the attendance and clubs with gates of 300 may be financially sound as their outlay is less.

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 17:47
Quote:
martyd12
I agree! I have watched it many times not least because I make a cameo appearance but because it really does remind me of what were very very difficult times for the club!


Yes I was on that myself,well the back of my head can be seen in the meeting in the main stand when the meeting was moved into the stand because of the turn out was too much for the bar area. Don't want to go back to those days again so we have to get out of this damn league sooner than later, hopefully this season.

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 18:01
Quote:
Higgosboots
It’s part and parcel of modern football, we’ve been in a financial struggle for many years, MP and NP have managed to keep the wolves from the door short term but I doubt that will last, said it before big decisions need making about our club and it’s situation, the ground has to be managed to its capacity for every game not the attendance and clubs with gates of 300 may be financially sound as their outlay is less.
not opening a whole stand for 16 fans is a good place to start

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 18:10
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Higgosboots
It’s part and parcel of modern football, we’ve been in a financial struggle for many years, MP and NP have managed to keep the wolves from the door short term but I doubt that will last, said it before big decisions need making about our club and it’s situation, the ground has to be managed to its capacity for every game not the attendance and clubs with gates of 300 may be financially sound as their outlay is less.
not opening a whole stand for 16 fans is a good place to start

Agree in princile but the away fans have to go somewhere and whilst having 35 Sutton supporters in the Johnny King or main proabbaly isn’t an issue I think 1k Wrexham fans might pose an issue.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
02 February, 2018 22:41
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
We've seen lots of teams try the 'boom or bust' approach to being in the Premiership, and League One/Two has lots of clubs who took multiple steps backwards after overspending to get to the top (Portsmouth, Blackpool, Plymouth, Bradford).

I am not certain that was the same for Blackpool as the others, as Blackpool when relegated after that one season were supposedly one of 3 or 4 clubs making profit that season, as they posted a £500,000 profit and I think the other mentioned clubs were West Brom, Stoke and Arsenal, but I may be remembering those other clubs wrongly and I couldn't tell you their reported profits.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Re: Macclesfield
03 February, 2018 10:12
Apart from Wrexham and Chester, the away fans could easily be segregated in the Johny King stand at the away end. Its always empty at that end. Its a shame to have a great stand empty but sometimes needs must? How many other teams would need the stand open? On the way to the match in the old teams my son and I would guess how mant away coaches we would walk past in the carpark, these daye we have resorted to how many away fans we can count!(Not too difficult!)

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
03 February, 2018 10:59
2 Away coaches today, i'll go with 115 away fans. smiling smiley

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
03 February, 2018 12:03
I go 144 with a fleet of mitzabushi drivers coming up

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
03 February, 2018 12:26
Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere
Apart from Wrexham and Chester, the away fans could easily be segregated in the Johny King stand at the away end. Its always empty at that end. Its a shame to have a great stand empty but sometimes needs must? How many other teams would need the stand open? On the way to the match in the old teams my son and I would guess how mant away coaches we would walk past in the carpark, these daye we have resorted to how many away fans we can count!(Not too difficult!)

I believe this has been looked at, but due to there only being turnstiles by the kop is was dismissed

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
03 February, 2018 17:51
I remember Lorraine Rogers letting Sunderland have the home kop in a cup game ,and they filled it ,those were the days


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?