football
Latest News:

Dai Kwondo
Dai Kwondo (IP Logged)

Now that the Derby dust has settled
30 January, 2018 00:41
Now that the Derby dust has settled us Wrexham fans are chuffed!
We've done the away double at Chester and Tranmere (Sm152) . Held Tranmere to a draw in front of 8471, and we've still to play Chester at home. Hopefully the play off frame as well.

Yessss!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2018 00:43 by Dai Kwondo.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Now that the Derby dust has settled
30 January, 2018 06:34
Enjoy it whilst you can, next season you’ll have no derby matches, Chester will be in the NLN and we will be in League 2.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 07:30
Hello Dai, I am not sure if u are aware that each week the Tranmere Forum runs a competition to find out who has posted the most messages over the past 7 days, and I am delighted to inform u that u are this weeks 'Poster of the Week.' A prize is awarded accordingly and this week there are 3 to choose from..

a. An XL tub of 'Sheeps Dip' K-Y jelly.

b. The latest Aled Jones music CD ( The forerunner in contemporary Welsh music.)

c. A large and half eaten, post-expiry dated packet of sheeps poo chocolate drops.

( courtesy of the gift shop in the Ponderosa restaurant on the Horseshoe Pass )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2018 07:32 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 09:28
And don’t forget his giant slice of humble pie ,with him being Welsh I don’t suppose the poor sod has even heard of it ,he will be in Jones the Bakers today to enquire if they sell them

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 09:33
In all fairness I always chuckle when I see Dai's username. Great punnery.

Fiftyyearsarover

30 January, 2018 09:43
A Welshman with a sense of humour ? Hardly HARDLY or he could change to Dai a death to match there promotion hopes 👻

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 09:59
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
A Welshman with a sense of humour ? Hardly HARDLY or he could change to Dai a death to match there promotion hopes 👻

You think there'll be a Wrexham prolapse?

Fiftyyearsarover

30 January, 2018 11:10
We can only hope Hardly ,winding the welsh up aside I do think they are assured of at least the play offs and then it’s which dog has its day

30 January, 2018 11:17
Fair play to Wrexham it was a great game. Still think we have the squad to make a big push to the top now though.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 11:23
Quote:
Higgosboots
Enjoy it whilst you can, next season you’ll have no derby matches, Chester will be in the NLN and we will be in League 2.

I'd be quite happy to see Wrexham join us in League 2. Would rather have them in the same division than Aldershot, Dover or Bromley who are just another team. I understand the concept of not wanting rivals to do well, but I always enjoy derby games (and wins) the most.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 19:36
I think the perfect season would be us top, wrecscum playoff winner. What ever we say and think, the only light in this league has been the derby games again.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 23:05
Dai by my own interpretation is mistaken. Doing a double generally means beating a team twice in a season in my belief anyway, so as for this season, they have done no such thing to Tranmere.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 11:26
Two draws in their last 2 fixtures suggests to me that Wrexham are sliding away and their good form or good luck is beginning to wain.

We on the other hand are on one of the best runs ever at home, and picking up points away too.

We also have Wallace and Tollett due back and we all know how good those two players can be.

The return of these two is like signing 2 new quality players, as we've gotten into a respectable position after a terrible start to the season without having either of them in the team.

Wrexham have gone with a @#$%& or bust mindset going into this season and they still haven't put any light between anyone else at the top.

15 games to go, and without being over confident, I'd say were better equipped than them to win this title.

Were still only 5 points off the top and dare I say it, we have some easier games coming up over the next month.

We have some quality players here and now we need to make our quality count.

Cpd_Wrecsam
Cpd_Wrecsam (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 11:54
Quote:
pez

Wrexham have gone with a @#$%& or bust mindset going into this season and they still haven't put any light between anyone else at the top.

Whaaaaat. Why on earth would you say that? We have no debt. We have no owner putting money into the club, we're 100% owned by our supporters. I'd say we are probably the only teams who regualry breaks even/makes profit. Lots of our fans dont like this model, for that very reason.

Our budget won't be any more £700k and yours is over £1mil. So...

pez
pez (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 12:14
Quote:
Cpd_Wrecsam
Quote:
pez

Whaaaaat. Why on earth would you say that? We have no debt. We have no owner putting money into the club, we're 100% owned by our supporters. I'd say we are probably the only teams who regualry breaks even/makes profit. Lots of our fans dont like this model, for that very reason.

It's not just me saying it to be fair, Its been said by various radio journalists that Wrexham are going all out to try and get promoted this season by the number of players you've brought in? It must have cost more to assemble that squad of players than 700k, unless they are all playing for peanuts?

So yes, @#$%& or bust, just about describes the mindset in my opinion!

Have a nice day.

Cpd_Wrecsam
Cpd_Wrecsam (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 13:46
Quote:
pez
Quote:
Cpd_Wrecsam
Quote:
pez

It's not just me saying it to be fair, Its been said by various radio journalists that Wrexham are going all out to try and get promoted this season by the number of players you've brought in? It must have cost more to assemble that squad of players than 700k, unless they are all playing for peanuts?

So yes, @#$%& or bust, just about describes the mindset in my opinion!

Have a nice day.

Our ownership model just doesnt doesnt allow for sh*t or bust scenarios.

The budget is set at an average attendance of 3,900 and doesnt include any cup runs or transfer sell ons. If any of this football fortune does come in, some maybe set aside for new players.

What we did do was raise £50k for a budget booster. So its going to be higher than last season, which was about £600k if i remember correctly, from the accounts. Plus we had a bit of extra cash tbrough sell ons.

You look at our squad theres probably only 3 players on over £600pw. Its an average squad really, when you look at the players, that have generally been down here all their careers.Very little skill or flair.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 14:30
I personally respect your honest comments and work on such a tight budget .Like to think that there arent many TRFC players on over £600pw but there are .You have a plan in place and well done for that

Cpd_Wrecsam
Cpd_Wrecsam (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 14:46
Quote:
dicko111
I personally respect your honest comments and work on such a tight budget .Like to think that there arent many TRFC players on over £600pw but there are .You have a plan in place and well done for that

Its a tight ship, hence why a lot of fans thinks it holds ys back. But no one seems to want to put money into us, so we're run this way.

Those on one year deals are only paid for 10 months of the season and one lad we re-signed (Rutherford) was even working in B&Q over the summer! We even lost one player to Bala in the Welsh Premier because they ofgered better terms.

Apart from Pearson I doubt you'd take any of our players. The'yve been moulded into a hard working unit.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 15:22
Hi cpd wrecsam. I think u speak a helluva lot more sense than a certain wrexham idiot that haunts n frequents this trfc forum far too often. Fair play to u mate.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 16:09
I like your Frank and honest breakdown of Wrexham 's financial status.I hope you have a successful season and are promoted via the playoffs as long as we are Champions!!!
Pob hwyl i chi a'r clwb.

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 16:53
Tranmere69,I like the little bit of Welsh Language at the end of your post....it's a reminder to some who write unpleasant things about the Welsh that we have many fans who come across the border.Da iawn chi.

Cpd_Wrecsam
Cpd_Wrecsam (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 17:12
Quote:
Kennel
Tranmere69,I like the little bit of Welsh Language at the end of your post....it's a reminder to some who write unpleasant things about the Welsh that we have many fans who come across the border.Da iawn chi.

Indeed. I know a few in Deeside. Work with three Tranmere fans too and there was plenty of banter in the week before and after the game.

I joined up and posted whem we beat you away in september. I said (when alot wanted Mellon out) that you'd win the league and we might just miss out on the play offs.

Im actually confident that well make them now. I still think youll win it. February looks a crucial month in the run in...

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 17:37
To be honest I get bored of the tired old references to sheep.

All the insults to Forest Green about them supposedly being vegetarians I didn't get either. Being veggie is hardly something to be ashamed of.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 18:48
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
All the insults to Forest Green about them supposedly being vegetarians I didn't get either. Being veggie is hardly something to be ashamed of.

They're actually vegans, which is a whole lot worse! That's coming from a vegetarian! Life's too short.....smiling smiley

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 20:44
Quote:
Kennel

Thanks Kennel but I crossed the border in 1969.Been here a huge chunk of my lifetime now!!😃Hwyl!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 20:48
Without banter that Wrexham game would not of sold out. It applies to fans on both sides of the border and is all in good humour, had no problems talking to Wrexham fans in Wrexham town centre in the pubs after the game. It’s all just banter, and without rivalry football would be so boring.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 00:28
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
CaptainFriendly

They're actually vegans, which is a whole lot worse! That's coming from a vegetarian! Life's too short.....smiling smiley

They are and after they got promoted last season, the ground staff replaced the pitch by eating the old one.

Seems Dale Vince wouldn't pay out for spades for them, on account of he needed every penny to try and ensure the financing of a squad capable of survival.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 14:47
That draw against us would of been a good result if you'd of beat Gateshead.
You may be 'chuffed' but you've only picked up 14pts out of the last possible 30.
We've picked up 23 and what was at one stage an 11pt gap between us is now just 2. Our star player looks like he's about to return and there's rumours of a few more additions.

yessss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 14:50 by 2 the moon.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 17:09
Quote:
TranmereFan
Without banter that Wrexham game would not of sold out. It applies to fans on both sides of the border and is all in good humour, had no problems talking to Wrexham fans in Wrexham town centre in the pubs after the game. It’s all just banter, and without rivalry football would be so boring.

Don't mind a bit of banter and tried to explain that to the missus last season in the FA Trophy away game,

However, I got on the Bidston to Wrexham train on Saturday and the carriage was mobbed with Rovers fans which is fine, but there were also several families with young kids and women on it. Some mid-teen Wrexham fans got onto our carriage at Gwersyllt and this was the cue for a sizable number of the Rovers idiots to blast out the "You know what you are..." chant at full blast whilst banging the sides of the train. This mob included grown men in their 50s. It was pathetic, overly aggressive against the young lads and must have been utterly intimidating and repulsive to the families with kids and the ladies.

You could see that the cretins thought they were Billy Big Bolox because they overwhelmingly outnumbered these young lads.

I know Wrexham have got scumbags of their own... I was sitting in amongst a lot of them, but why can't people behave themselves when they get into a crowd?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 17:13 by Yiggsy.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 17:38
Quote:
Yiggsy
Quote:
TranmereFan

Don't mind a bit of banter and tried to explain that to the missus last season in the FA Trophy away game,

However, I got on the Bidston to Wrexham train on Saturday and the carriage was mobbed with Rovers fans which is fine, but there were also several families with young kids and women on it. Some mid-teen Wrexham fans got onto our carriage at Gwersyllt and this was the
cue for a sizable number of the Rovers idiots to blast out the "You know what you are..." chant at full blast whilst banging the sides of the train. This mob included grown men in their 50s. It was pathetic, overly aggressive against the young lads and must have been utterly intimidating and repulsive to the families with kids and the ladies.

You could see that the cretins thought they were Billy Big Bolox because they overwhelmingly outnumbered these young lads.

I know Wrexham have got scumbags of their own... I was sitting in amongst a lot of them, but why can't people behave themselves when they get into a crowd?

Mob behaviour isn’t it? Apparently it’s part of human physche, sort of like chanting as a cave man. Still ingrained in the brain, but then add some alcohol and all hell breaks loose. Don’t think that will ever stop.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 17:43
Lord of the Flies. I guess everyone of us has it in us to revert to some base behaviour; or are we the Super Whiter Than White Army?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 18:11
By the way yiggsy when we scored did u sit on your hands ?

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 18:40
Quote:
Loyden1
By the way yiggsy when we scored did u sit on your hands ?

Not been in amongst the aggressive oppo fans much before tbf!

After our first goal I thought "effing Yes" but managed to turn to my neighbour, who had brought his three young lads and shook my head and said "That was coming" and he nodded.

When they scored their goals (Quigley was class but the pen was a joke) I was probably the one with the lowest placed hands in the stand as they were all jumping up but I did politely clap!

When Cookie equalised I rocked back and thought "effing Yes" again but managed to hold my excitement and just observed that I thought the yellow card was harsh.

Some of the physical reactions, e.g. after Buxton's free=kick and Nors' traditional one-on-one, I found were similar visibly in that relief in dodging a bullet and "ffs" can look similar.

Overall it would have been a better experience in our end than among them but it was interesting.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 February, 2018 19:43
My old dad was 77 and invited by a friend in the everton directors box when we won.3.0. He leapt up each time but got subjected to really bad abuse.oh how he laughed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net