football
Latest News:
 

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 14:42
Been binned by Hearts on his way to Carlisle evidently

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 14:52
Hi fifty, nice to see u back. Youve been away for quite a few weeks. Is all ok? Hows the knee? Not surprised with the news about stockton, he hasnt done anything since he has been in scotland and was a bit surprised hearts took him on in the first place.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 15:09
Hi HKR knee getting there walking driving ok .if I have a deep sleep and entangle legs then I have a poor day .but it’s only been 12weeks so I am ahead of where i should be .stockton was on the bench Saturday when hearts were on tv ,but did not appear. he looked lost I just checked again and Carlisle want him on loan .not to sign hope all is well in Hong Kong ,don’t forget 4th one day cricket v Aussies 3.15 am U.K. time thanks for your good wishes

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 15:34
hi fifty the 4th odi took place today and I wont mention the score in case u u havent seen it. the 5th and final odi is this sunday.. the less said about the ashes series the better eh! once the ashes had been lost I gave up and just watched the world darts instead. havent seen too much of the current one day series down in aussie , ive been watching the masters snooker instead.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2018 15:39 by hong kong rover.

 
Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 15:40
If he signs for Carlisle, we can request compensation for him. If he offered him a new contract, we have to authorise him to play in England within 12 months of the end of his contract. Going to another league doesn't make any difference.

Look at clause 65.15 in the Football League's rules, which apply to Carlisle.

[www.efl.com]

Technically, Tranmere can agree for him to play in the league or block it. So we can let him go to Carlisle, block the transfer, or we could come to some agreement with them to allow him to play. It will be interesting to see what the club does.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2018 15:40 by Claytonne&Clark.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 16:13
Bloody hell HKR I missed the cricket ? I had it in my head it was sat morning 😩😡

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 16:18
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
If he signs for Carlisle, we can request compensation for him. If he offered him a new contract, we have to authorise him to play in England within 12 months of the end of his contract. Going to another league doesn't make any difference.
Look at clause 65.15 in the Football League's rules, which apply to Carlisle.

[www.efl.com]

Technically, Tranmere can agree for him to play in the league or block it. So we can let him go to Carlisle, block the transfer, or we could come to some agreement with them to allow him to play. It will be interesting to see what the club does.

We should try to sign him again!

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 17:08
Sounds like you all know what you are talking about ,but Carlisle are only talking or thinking a Loan ,but there is nothing down for him at Hearts .i was sad he left the performances against Aldershot in the playoffs was outstanding ,I honestly thought he had turned the corner at that point .did nothing at Wembley ,but neither did any one else .lt looks an iffy season financially for some clubs the guy Hartlepools hoped was going to buy them has pulled out ,Chester not looking good and if rumour is true we are not looking to good either .as I have said before how some of these clubs keep going on 4/500 gates I never know .i said months ago 7 teams in the mix for promotion and it could be an outsider comes in on the rails and pinches that spot .i think they have just appeared ,Fylde they battered us 5-2 put 6 past Macc that takes some doing .i really do fancy them for promotion one way or the other don’t want to play them over 2legs ,at the moment it’s 2 of ten sides .lts going to be a nervy finish again folks

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 18:42
Looks like its a case of the new manager wanting to bring in his own players and having a clear-out. He seems to have been spending a lot of time on the bench, and he is a player who really needs to be playing every week. Reading the Herts site he has been released so Carlisle can't really take him on loan.

 
bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 21:42
According to the Carlisle web site has signed on an 18 month contract and presume this has been accepted by the league or TRFC have let it happen .
Smacks of the ill dealings related to the Mahon transfer when he went abroad and robbed us of a transfer fee only to resurface in England
No obvious morals in the Stockton corner if approval not given but we were the ones to give him a chance and even offer a 3 year contract even when everyone was getting a two year contract which he accepted.Again no scruples there on the surface.

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
26 January, 2018 23:26
Quote:
bheadlad
According to the Carlisle web site has signed on an 18 month contract and presume this has been accepted by the league or TRFC have let it happen .
Smacks of the ill dealings related to the Mahon transfer when he went abroad and robbed us of a transfer fee only to resurface in England
No obvious morals in the Stockton corner if approval not given but we were the ones to give him a chance and even offer a 3 year contract even when everyone was getting a two year contract which he accepted.Again no scruples there on the surface.

So the lad should hang about and not earn a wage just in case Tranmere aren’t happy, he doesn’t owe us anything he was treated like @#$%& here by the majority of fans and he’s entitled to earn a living, by that stretch Alabi should have stepped foot on Pre ton Park even if he was any good.

 
mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
27 January, 2018 03:43
Convient work from his agent. Carlisle we’re interested in him in the summer, yet he moved where he wouldn’t command a fee, just to move on again.

Nothing against him, it’s his agent only looking at the ££

 
tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
27 January, 2018 12:19
Nothing like that Cole moved to the Scottish prem and he took a chance that has not worked out for him. They sacked their manager and now he has brought in his own players. Now he has moved on.....



Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
27 January, 2018 21:52
Exactly. As if the agent is thinking go to Scotland, stop Tranmere getting compo and then what engineer his own release and sign for an English club for nothing?

This is border line conspiracy. Next thing we'll find out his contract being cancelled, was because Hearts' transfer activity was being manipulated by Vladimir Putin.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
27 January, 2018 22:06
As stated before, he signed for the previous manager who then signed Kyle Lafferty and most of Cole's 19 appearances have been from the subs bench.

Basically,he was in a worse situation than at Rovers before the Morecombe Loan. If he had of resigned based on MM preference, he would have probably started as first choice this season.

All water under the bridge, lets move on!!!

 
Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
27 January, 2018 23:42
Should have made more of an effort to keep him IMO . Invested in his development without giving him a real chance in the first team preferring loan signings instead . He took Aldershot apart in the play offs . He was was young , had pace and a fierce shot . OK he wasn't the finished article but given regular play for a season and we would have had a strong , combative striker with pace who would have given everything for the shirt . All he wanted , I think , was a fair crack . We let him go too easy .

 
MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 11:59
Quote:
Uglybob
Should have made more of an effort to keep him IMO . Invested in his development without giving him a real chance in the first team preferring loan signings instead . He took Aldershot apart in the play offs . He was was young , had pace and a fierce shot . OK he wasn't the finished article but given regular play for a season and we would have had a strong , combative striker with pace who would have given everything for the shirt . All he wanted , I think , was a fair crack . We let him go too easy .

+1

 
MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 14:01
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
Uglybob
Should have made more of an effort to keep him IMO . Invested in his development without giving him a real chance in the first team preferring loan signings instead . He took Aldershot apart in the play offs . He was was young , had pace and a fierce shot . OK he wasn't the finished article but given regular play for a season and we would have had a strong , combative striker with pace who would have given everything for the shirt . All he wanted , I think , was a fair crack . We let him go too easy .

+1
+2

 
Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 14:29
It's the curse of the home grown talent though. I can't remember many of recent players that we've brought through and have been fans favourites.

Power used to get it in the neck, Clarke is loved at the moment but I think that's more to be able to have a dig at Rides when he's not playing. Kirby gets it, Stockton got it, Rowe got called too lightweight even Ash Taylor was lambasted as having a 50p head.

Unproven and unplayed players however are usually superstars, Pilling will be the best keeper going on the bench.

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 15:14
No proven League 2 striker, especially a 23 year old, is going to choose non-league football over the Scottish Premier. If they did, you'd have to seriously question their ambition and attitude. If we'd won the playoff we might have had a chance of keeping him, but no chance once we lost. And the lad himself owes us nothing.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 16:49
Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
Uglybob
Should have made more of an effort to keep him IMO . Invested in his development without giving him a real chance in the first team preferring loan signings instead . He took Aldershot apart in the play offs . He was was young , had pace and a fierce shot . OK he wasn't the finished article but given regular play for a season and we would have had a strong , combative striker with pace who would have given everything for the shirt . All he wanted , I think , was a fair crack . We let him go too easy .

+1
+2

As I have no idea how much effort was made and it seems he had made up his mind anyway, I am unsure what exactly could have been done to keep him when the Scottish premiership team came calling.....

 
Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 17:06
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
Uglybob
Should have made more of an effort to keep him IMO . Invested in his development without giving him a real chance in the first team preferring loan signings instead . He took Aldershot apart in the play offs . He was was young , had pace and a fierce shot . OK he wasn't the finished article but given regular play for a season and we would have had a strong , combative striker with pace who would have given everything for the shirt . All he wanted , I think , was a fair crack . We let him go too easy .

+1
+2

As I have no idea how much effort was made and it seems he had made up his mind anyway, I am unsure what exactly could have been done to keep him when the Scottish premiership team came calling.....
I'm not privvy to the efforts made to keep him either but I think his mind was made up due to not getting regular games here . Coupled with watching a parade of loan players coming in I would guess his morale was fairly low confirming his future lay elsewhere .

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 17:22
100% agree Ugly! Stockton is symptomatic of how we have treated youth in recent years which is somewhat bizarre as the players brought in over him, Kirby, Clarke, Pilling, Gumbs etc. have hardly set the world alight and in some cases have been a complete waste of a salary.
Stockton is easily good enough for the football league so when Hearts came calling I have no doubt he thought that was a risk worth taking as a big step up. I am sure he didn't deliberately tell his Agent make sure I only go to a Scottish club or a foreign club to spite Tranmere but equally he is never going to turn down such an offer to "help" Tranmere get a fee for him.

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 17:31
Think he fell out of favour at hearts as he went “blacked faced” to a fancy dress party in December. That and he didn’t score a goal at Hearts in 12 games.

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 18:05
Overwhelming opinion on the Hearts forum is that he tried hard but wasn't good enough. Most of them wish him well but won't miss him.

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 18:21
Quote:
ADD
100% agree Ugly! Stockton is symptomatic of how we have treated youth in recent years which is somewhat bizarre as the players brought in over him, Kirby, Clarke, Pilling, Gumbs etc. have hardly set the world alight and in some cases have been a complete waste of a salary.
Stockton is easily good enough for the football league so when Hearts came calling I have no doubt he thought that was a risk worth taking as a big step up. I am sure he didn't deliberately tell his Agent make sure I only go to a Scottish club or a foreign club to spite Tranmere but equally he is never going to turn down such an offer to "help" Tranmere get a fee for him.

Which of the players you name are a waste of salary ?
Clarke! I think 100% of fans will disagree with you.
As for Pilling and Gumbs they've not been given the chance to prove themselves.
Personally I would play Pilling ahead of Taylor who is not inspiring trust in many fans. As for Kirby the lad has been playing for years without much support from many fans.But the players rate him!!
I rest my case.!!!

 
Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 19:13
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
ADD
100% agree Ugly! Stockton is symptomatic of how we have treated youth in recent years which is somewhat bizarre as the players brought in over him, Kirby, Clarke, Pilling, Gumbs etc. have hardly set the world alight and in some cases have been a complete waste of a salary.
Stockton is easily good enough for the football league so when Hearts came calling I have no doubt he thought that was a risk worth taking as a big step up. I am sure he didn't deliberately tell his Agent make sure I only go to a Scottish club or a foreign club to spite Tranmere but equally he is never going to turn down such an offer to "help" Tranmere get a fee for him.

Which of the players you name are a waste of salary ?
Clarke! I think 100% of fans will disagree with you.
As for Pilling and Gumbs they've not been given the chance to prove themselves.
Personally I would play Pilling ahead of Taylor who is not inspiring trust in many fans. As for Kirby the lad has been playing for years without much support from many fans.But the players rate him!!
I rest my case.!!!
I think you may have misinterpreted ADD`S post . I read it as it's the loan players brought in above Cole, Jake , Luke , Evan etc that have been a waste of salary NOT those players mentioned .

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
28 January, 2018 19:58
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
ADD
100% agree Ugly! Stockton is symptomatic of how we have treated youth in recent years which is somewhat bizarre as the players brought in over him, Kirby, Clarke, Pilling, Gumbs etc. have hardly set the world alight and in some cases have been a complete waste of a salary.
Stockton is easily good enough for the football league so when Hearts came calling I have no doubt he thought that was a risk worth taking as a big step up. I am sure he didn't deliberately tell his Agent make sure I only go to a Scottish club or a foreign club to spite Tranmere but equally he is never going to turn down such an offer to "help" Tranmere get a fee for him.

Which of the players you name are a waste of salary ?
Clarke! I think 100% of fans will disagree with you.
As for Pilling and Gumbs they've not been given the chance to prove themselves.
Personally I would play Pilling ahead of Taylor who is not inspiring trust in many fans. As for Kirby the lad has been playing for years without much support from many fans.But the players rate him!!
I rest my case.!!!
I think you may have misinterpreted ADD`S post . I read it as it's the loan players brought in above Cole, Jake , Luke , Evan etc that have been a waste of salary NOT those players mentioned .

I agree about many loan players. But then we have Tollitt,Buxton,DMH,Banks etc who have proved their worth.
Thanks for pointing out the real meaning.😃

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
29 January, 2018 00:02
Quote:
ADD
100% agree Ugly! Stockton is symptomatic of how we have treated youth in recent years which is somewhat bizarre as the players brought in over him, Kirby, Clarke, Pilling, Gumbs etc. have hardly set the world alight and in some cases have been a complete waste of a salary.
Stockton is easily good enough for the football league so when Hearts came calling I have no doubt he thought that was a risk worth taking as a big step up. I am sure he didn't deliberately tell his Agent make sure I only go to a Scottish club or a foreign club to spite Tranmere but equally he is never going to turn down such an offer to "help" Tranmere get a fee for him.

I am sure Cole played in a significant number of games with very few goals which is why he was loaned out to help him improve. I cannot recall how many games he played in but it seemed to be enough to be considered being given a chance .

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

97 appearances. 14 goals, most of which came towards the end of his stay.

Speaking of which, Brabin has the best win percentage of all Tranmere Managers. Go figure.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2018 00:21 by 853OKG.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
03 February, 2018 17:51
He scored for Carlisle today at Wycombe. sounded like a ding dong match there.. Ollie Banks scores for Swindon again and DMH played for Chesterfield today.

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Cole Stockton
03 February, 2018 19:20
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
ADD
100% agree Ugly! Stockton is symptomatic of how we have treated youth in recent years which is somewhat bizarre as the players brought in over him, Kirby, Clarke, Pilling, Gumbs etc. have hardly set the world alight and in some cases have been a complete waste of a salary.
Stockton is easily good enough for the football league so when Hearts came calling I have no doubt he thought that was a risk worth taking as a big step up. I am sure he didn't deliberately tell his Agent make sure I only go to a Scottish club or a foreign club to spite Tranmere but equally he is never going to turn down such an offer to "help" Tranmere get a fee for him.

Which of the players you name are a waste of salary ?
Clarke! I think 100% of fans will disagree with you.
As for Pilling and Gumbs they've not been given the chance to prove themselves.
Personally I would play Pilling ahead of Taylor who is not inspiring trust in many fans. As for Kirby the lad has been playing for years without much support from many fans.But the players rate him!!
I rest my case.!!!
I think you may have misinterpreted ADD`S post . I read it as it's the loan players brought in above Cole, Jake , Luke , Evan etc that have been a waste of salary NOT those players mentioned .

I agree about many loan players. But then we have Tollitt,Buxton,DMH,Banks etc who have proved their worth.
Thanks for pointing out the real meaning.😃
Correct I was referring to those brought in ahead of them.
Hearts may have been a step up too far but I am sure Stockton will do well for the rest of this season and next. Hopefully we will play against him next season in League 2!!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 19:29 by ADD.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?