football
Latest News:
 

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Chester
24 January, 2018 16:37
Seems as if it is not only Hartlepool with financial woes. the chief exec at Chester has left. I don't know the details but it seems as if the club is in a bit of bother.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
24 January, 2018 16:46
Not sure they are gonna honour next years contracts

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
24 January, 2018 17:31
I'm sure they will blame us for not paying them alibi

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
24 January, 2018 18:26
Reading between the lines this has been coming for a while with crowds dipping significantly below 2,000.

The CEO leaving is just the start I would assume. Evidently, the Fans Group will find out at a meeting in the next few days exactly how bad things are.

 
SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
24 January, 2018 21:06
Listened to Neil Turner on Merseyside on way home from our game last Saturday, seems the writing was already on the wall with a number of club members leaving this week, although Neil is Chester through and through even he was scathing of their current performance and management, bigger news to come tomorrow by the sound of it, shame really as we need a good local derby to keep the excitement going.

 
SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
25 January, 2018 23:04
Update from tonight’s meeting on twitter shows Chester need 50k short term to survive, seems virtually every club in this horrible league has money worries barring a couple and no prizes for guessing them.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
26 January, 2018 00:30
And we have man u paying one player 500k a week. The world has gone crazy. I hope Chester survive.

 
bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
26 January, 2018 07:11
Sounds like they will get 50k for Alabi in the tribunal then

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
26 January, 2018 07:40
50 pence worth is what he’s given us so far

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
26 January, 2018 07:47
Chester have been in trouble for a long time, just gone public now, the inevitable will happen at some point and unfortunately they will cease to exist. Bare in mind they had a summer windfall of 130k for Sam Hughes. After their reincarnation we used to support them financially as their bigger Championship brothers, the irony could be that a tribuneral awards them 60k for Alabi and sends us further into trouble too.

The reality of modern football’s new money is starting to bite and hit the traditional clubs out their. Northern clubs are not a fashionable investment and at some point the club will have to reasses its position otherwise its only a matter of time before its us. Suppose as supporters we could should start to act before it’s dire for us, theirs only so much restructuring the Paliai can do but without added finance. Not even sure promotion is the long term answer, it’s like running a household the more you earn the bigger your out goings,



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2018 07:52 by Higgosboots.

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
26 January, 2018 16:39
Quote:
853OKG
And we have man u paying one player 500k a week. The world has gone crazy. I hope Chester survive.

+1. Some people try justifying it, but it's ludicrous in my eyes.

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
27 January, 2018 13:16
The whole system reduces the amount of money that once permeated down the pyramid.Sky may have produced more money in football but It has not developed football in this country, despite the endless and meaningless mantra that the premier league is the best in the world.
Any club can go under but the further down the food chain the greater the risk.The sugar daddy clubs more often than not have a few good years until the goodies dry up after which they invariably follow the path of Rushden and Dymonds.

All that said it shows that when we are paying a fee for a player it a) has to be a decision justified by the clear qualities of the player
b) we need to know exactly what we will be paying.
The Alabi signing fails on both counts.
Similarly,good husbandry calls into question those occasions when we sign players with a problematic injury history. For minutes on the pith for example Wallace has been very expensive digning

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 17:48
see that Michael Owen is helping Chester out by starring and playing in a fund raising game for them on Feb 15th at The Deva. The club need 50k to survive until the end of the season and so far 35k has been reached. They are hoping that the proceeds from this fund raising game will get them over the 50k mark for survival.

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 17:54
Quote:
hong kong rover
see that Michael Owen is helping Chester out by starring and playing in a fund raising game for them on Feb 15th at The Deva. The club need 50k to survive until the end of the season and so far 35k has been reached. They are hoping that the proceeds from this fund raising game will get them over the 50k mark for survival.

Very nice and that but I’m sure if he really cared he could secure their survival long term with a small investment.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 17:55
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
see that Michael Owen is helping Chester out by starring and playing in a fund raising game for them on Feb 15th at The Deva. The club need 50k to survive until the end of the season and so far 35k has been reached. They are hoping that the proceeds from this fund raising game will get them over the 50k mark for survival.

Very nice and that but I’m sure if he really cared he could secure their survival long term with a small investment.

I agree higgo , I reckon his horses come before chester fc



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 17:56 by hong kong rover.

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 18:00
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
see that Michael Owen is helping Chester out by starring and playing in a fund raising game for them on Feb 15th at The Deva. The club need 50k to survive until the end of the season and so far 35k has been reached. They are hoping that the proceeds from this fund raising game will get them over the 50k mark for survival.

Very nice and that but I’m sure if he really cared he could secure their survival long term with a small investment.

I agree higgo , I reckon his horses come before chester fc

Most likely, just PR on his part, at a guess I’d say he could write them a cheque for 10 years survival and not notice.

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 20:24
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
see that Michael Owen is helping Chester out by starring and playing in a fund raising game for them on Feb 15th at The Deva. The club need 50k to survive until the end of the season and so far 35k has been reached. They are hoping that the proceeds from this fund raising game will get them over the 50k mark for survival.

Very nice and that but I’m sure if he really cared he could secure their survival long term with a small investment.

I agree higgo , I reckon his horses come before chester fc

Most likely, just PR on his part, at a guess I’d say he could write them a cheque for 10 years survival and not notice.

Regardless, I'll be taking my son to the game to do my little bit. I work with a number of Chester fans who are season ticket holders and want to show some solidarity. One of the highlights of last season was Cook's winner at their place so we need to keep them afloat so we can do it again. Seriously , hate to see clubs go down and doesn't bare thinking about if it should ever happen to us.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 22:43
Owen's Father Terry had a spell playing for Chester sometime after his brief flurry of Everton appearances.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
02 February, 2018 22:46
Didn’t they originally want £10k for Alabi? If the tribunal would hurry up them I’m sure our fee would contribute to the debt!

 
prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
03 February, 2018 09:12
Alabi will be settled on 15th feb.

 
prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
03 February, 2018 09:12
Alabi will be settled on 15th feb.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
03 February, 2018 12:51
Quote:
Matt34
Owen's Father Terry had a spell playing for Chester sometime after his brief flurry of Everton appearances.

Hi matt, I remember as a 10 yr old lad when Chester played Aston Villa in the 1975 League Cup Semi Final.. The 1st leg at Sealand Road was 2-2 and pretty sure that Terry Owen scored in that game.. Villa won the return leg 3-2 a week later with ex Rovers manager Brian Little getting the winner.. The Villa goalkeeper for the 2 legs was ex Rovers keeper Jim Cumbes and Villa were managed by Birkenhead born Ron Saunders.

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
03 February, 2018 13:07
Barnet offered 10K in the January 2017 transfer window which, was far below the Chester valuation?

As we know, JA turned down the new Chester contract whatever that may have been. My memory of events were, we initially offered the same 10K which, following Chester's refusal, we subsequently increased to 17.5K?

Once again this was turned down as Chester valued their one year of improvement at considerable more?

Can anyone be a bit more specific.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Chester
03 February, 2018 21:18
£10,000 for a guy who scored 17 goals would be a bit absurd, considering he was also playing for a professional team.

Even a semi-pro side could get much more than that and would deserve to get more.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 21:22 by Matt34.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?