football
Latest News:

Total Tranmere
Total Tranmere (IP Logged)

Next Up: Maidenhead United (H)
19 January, 2018 13:05
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2018 04:06 by mini_andy.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Next Up: Maidenhead United (H)
19 January, 2018 13:35
I think Maidenhead have done quite well this season since being promoted from the NLS and they seem to be holding their own sitting in mid-table and also not forgetting they lost that ace goal machine that was Dave Tarpey just a few weeks into the season. They seem to be coping well enough without him. I have quite a bit of time for Alan Devonshire both as a player n manager. Think he has over 20 years management experience in the Non-Leagues. He did well keeping Braintree in the NL( before Cowley took over) when he had no money to spend and he has done well in his 2 spells at Maidenhead. Used to enjoy watching him as a player too, in that wide attacking left midfield role and always thought he deserved more England caps, i think the likes of Glen Hoddle and his old West Ham teammate Trevor Brooking prevented him from making more England appearances. Was reading up about him quite a while ago and his father played for Chester in the very early 50s.. Hope Rovers put in a better performance than what they did at Maidenhead earlier in the season. I believe Rovers were woeful that night. I will go for a 3-1 win for the Rovers and Macc to draw at AFC Fylde... will be able to watch the early live BT game tmrw, Sutton v Daggers then listen to Rovers on Wirral Radio later,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2018 13:44 by hong kong rover.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 13:51
Well written HKR .You have obviously done your homework .Have watched the clip of HTFC V The Magpies and even though it was 0-0 The Magpies should have stuffed them .Another 3g pitch team that are doing OK away from home .Going for 2-0 to TRFC

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 13:58
Maidenhead's pitch is grass. That still won't help them tomorrow though, I'll go with 2-0 too.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 14:04
You are right Aldo .Too many Maids in the league .Too old too appreciate one now unless she has a rattle to whip up the old bones

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 14:14
I know the feeling mate....and I'd forgotten about Maidstone!

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 15:12
Their away form pretty good P16 W6 D5 L5 But, our Home Form is excellent going for a 2-0 to the rovers.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 16:09
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Maidenhead's pitch is grass. That still won't help them tomorrow though, I'll go with 2-0 too.
Well there is some grass on it, although it looks more like a ploughed field.
I went to the away game and it wasn't a great performance, very little going forward. The team are playing a lot better since then with some forward movement, hopefully any changes will not cause the side too much disruption.

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 16:23
It was a very poor performance away, exacerbated by some strange substitutions. Gumbs played well before being a victim of those decisions.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 18:26
I'm going for a win but no idea of the score without Cook playing.SWA

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 19:03
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Well there is some grass on it, although it looks more like a ploughed field.
I went to the away game and it wasn't a great performance, very little going forward. The team are playing a lot better since then with some forward movement, hopefully any changes will not cause the side too much disruption.

Had a look at our pitch this morning, few lakes on it. Hope games still on. If so 3-0 All the way.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 19:12
6-0. The one we've been waiting for!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 20:54
Amazing work hkr, loved alan devonshire as a player. As i posted on a national league forum corbyn 2 may 0

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 21:03
Quote:
Hardly Irons
6-0. The one we've been waiting for!
Hat trick for Jake Kirby perhaps?
Looking forward to my first live game in 2 months as back in the UK for a few weeks.. will settle for a comfortable 2 goal win mind you.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 21:43
Settle for any win at all!!

iagoapcen
iagoapcen (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 22:16
slaughter

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 23:42
Quote:
the kav
Amazing work hkr, loved alan devonshire as a player. As i posted on a national league forum corbyn 2 may 0
Shouldn't that read Field 2 May 0!!!😃

mb53trfc
mb53trfc (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 23:48
Great write up HKR. Looks like Kirby will get a run out up front. Be interesting to see how that shapes up. If that is the case, it needs ball on floor more than in the air? I think we can win but not sure by how many.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 07:40
I think 5-1 with Norwood getting 4.

I rekon macca will play as well, and for some reason, as he’s not playing anywhere else, I can see Alabi starting.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 09:18
Nice one HKR. I’m going for a 3-1 rovers win with a Kirby brace.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 12:41
Quote:
mini_andy
I think 5-1 with Norwood getting 4.
I rekon macca will play as well, and for some reason, as he’s not playing anywhere else, I can see Alabi starting.

After missing 17 one on ones

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 14:23
sutton beat daggers 2-1 in the early game, they were the better side and fully deserved their win though it was a bit nervy for them in the last 10 mins. sutton go 2nd in the table, the daggers faltering now with only 1 win in their last 7.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 14:24
Kirby starting but Clarke rued out "through injury". Weird one as he was fit and starting yesterday.... Pilling also unwell... McNulty fit at least.
Mangan on the bench - not ideal! Still staying positive fro a 2 goal win..

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 14:43
cmon the Rovers get them 3 pts today..

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 15:04
yes get in 1 up and Macc are 1 down woo hoo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 15:06 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 15:23
MACC 2 DOWN YESSSSS

NOW 3 DOWN

MAKE THAT 4 DOWN NOW

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 15:44 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 15:49
sounds like we started off well but seems as if Maidenhead have come in to the game.

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 15:55
see Ollie Banks has scored for Swindon

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 16:10
yesss 2 up.. Macc 5 down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 16:14 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 16:39
3-1 up get in.. Macc 6 down but bloody wrexham 2 up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 16:41 by hong kong rover.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 16:41
Quote:
hong kong rover
3-1 up get in

GetIn = f(TranmereGoals)

You can use that at start of next season to save fingers lol

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 16:47
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
hong kong rover
3-1 up get in

GetIn = f(TranmereGoals)

lol, maidenhead have got another 1 back, gonna be a nervy last 5 mins now

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 16:53
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
hong kong rover
3-1 up get in

GetIn = f(TranmereGoals)

lol, maidenhead have got another 1 back, gonna be a nervy last 5 mins now

No. Times heart in mouth = f (tranmere defending)

MESSAGES->author

20 January, 2018 16:54
Phew!!! thank god,,, 3 points

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 17:22
5points from top with a better goal difference

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 17:54
Two keeper errors? Looked that way from the other end of the pitch. Otherwise a good performance. Some composure from Ginnelly for the finish. Not sure if kirby will get another chance. Mangan quite useful with fresh legs for the last 20 mins or so.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 17:58
Another important win with another ridiculous ref. Thought Ginnelly looks decent for a first run out. Norwood outstanding today. And was that Big Macs massive shin that put the OG in the net?

mb53trfc
mb53trfc (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 18:14
Wirral radio seemed to think McNulty got the last touch for their first. Sir Dave Higgins was bemoaning giving away a needless free kick for their second and not creating anything from corners. But we scored three good goals and could have had more. Hughes goal sounded special.

In other news, DMH was on the bench for Barnsley today and Banks scored for Swindon.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 18:16
Get in, great result. It’s starting to get tight at the top.....

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 18:45
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Two keeper errors? Looked that way from the other end of the pitch. Otherwise a good performance. Some composure from Ginnelly for the finish. Not sure if kirby will get another chance. Mangan quite useful with fresh legs for the last 20 mins or so.
I thought it was an own goal but either way Taylor does not inspire me...both goals conceded were soft as anything from nothing.
Kirby held the ball up well and looked composed - could have had a goal but just out of reach. Ginelly scored a good goal and was busy. We also missed Clarke today as no real outlet down the left.
Overall this was just so typical... we looked excellent for the first 10 minutes with neat one touch passing and I thought this was going to be an easy big victory but after that we lost a bit of composure though all 3 goals were well made.
Delighted by the win but we should not be having to hang on for dear life at the end like this against teams as limited as Maidenhead were today.
Oh and 2 ever constants...
Norwood once again missing a 1 on 1.
The referee - today he was spectacularly bad - if he had been passed a few crisp twenties to try and ensure a Maidenhead win he would have made less obvious errors than he did today - missing a massive deflection with 2 minutes to go and giving Maidenhead a goal kick was truly ineptitude of the highest level.

Jack of all Trades

20 January, 2018 19:41
Decent enough performance today scored 3 good goals but, defensively sloppy, Rides IMO at fault for the first by not stopping the cross and the second (not convinced it was a free kick) found Taylor wanting.

Josh G had a good game unfortunately not the same build as DMH, if he was,he would have probably done even better.

Not impressed with the lump it up to the big men tactic of Maidenhead who IMO were one of the poorer times we have played.

Hopefully Eddie back for Wrexham with Cooky.

Adding to the comments about the referee, he missed three late tackles almost on the bounce by Maidenhead players and the goal kick at the end beggars believe.

We need to be far less sloppy defensively against Wrexham next week.

No Pilling on the bench today Dunn and Mangan subs and what news of Ben T?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 19:47
Mickey said wallace is close and tollitt getting reassessed in a couple of weeks .

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:10
Fantastic win but I think if Clarke had played he would have ran into the space in front of him more than rides according to Wirral radio so lets keep it going now.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:15
Not winning the league on that performance, much needed 3 points but did our best not to win. Missing Banks’ influence massively.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:15
Quote:
ADD
Delighted by the win but we should not be having to hang on for dear life at the end like this against teams as limited as Maidenhead were today.
The referee - today he was spectacularly bad - if he had been passed a few crisp twenties to try and ensure a Maidenhead win he would have made less obvious errors than he did today - missing a massive deflection with 2 minutes to go and giving Maidenhead a goal kick was truly ineptitude of the highest level.

Having seen many of Norwood's 1 on 1's,my theory about todays is that because of all the comments made by message boarders on the subject,James thought he would try something different and instead of shooting decided to go round the keeper.The net result was that he was forced wide by the keeper and chasing defender[I heard one wag after the game say ''he almost made it to the Sportsman'']
He was still IMO our best player-good goal,superb pass which set up Ginelly's goal on a plate,a number of excellent crosses and his usual non stop effort and harrying of the opposition defence.

Maidenhead were a very big direct team but they had a real good go playing the way that they do.I enjoyed the game but it was a bit heartstopping at times. Each time they made a sub,it seemed that an even bigger player came on than the one he replaced. I couldn't understand why the Kop booed Emmanuel after his early collision with McNulty. He was obviously limping and it was no surprise that he was replaced soon after.

''Spectacularly bad'' is a vast understatement to describe the ref. I have seen many at this level in the past two and a half seasons and he was comfortably one of the very worst.The goal kick he gave them in added on time totally defied comprehension and belief.
It was yet another game where the opposition were given a lot of free kicks in our half,yet I can hardly remember one for us in their half at all. With their gang of giants,the number of set pieces was a constant danger to us-our centre backs overall did well.Buxtons ball control was nothing like as good as normal and Ridehalgh was skinned by the wide man for their first[the ball should have been in touch long before the cross]

Jack of all Trades

20 January, 2018 20:19
Hoots totally agree about Nors, who was given MOM I believe.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:28
Norwood can finish when he has no time to think, one option and can’t eyeball the keeper, in a one on one situation he has options, and can see the goalie, he needs to think less. It’s like when you loose control of your car and you “notice” the lampost guaranteed your hitting it or when you tee the driver up and think just hit it anywhere other than in that pond!

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:40
About Nors one on ones, when you watch other strikers they sometimes just seem to hit the ball and it seems to go through the keeper somehow, whereas with Nors the goalie makes a save, Just keep getting them on terget Nors and they will come but always hit the target a fantastic player for us and scored 11 now with no pens dont think we have had any this season.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:54
Super performance by Norwood. Let him loose on Wrexham!!!😊

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 21:18
Thought we were by far the better side and played some really good stuff, eg the lead up to Norwood's opener, and his through ball to Ginnelly for the second.

They seemed like a very tall side. At one point in the second half they had a throw just in front of me in the Beb paddock and I looked around the pitch and every Maidenhead player seemed to tower over his Tranmere marker.

In that situation it seemed pointless lumping the ball up and the goals came from intricate passing and a brilliant shot from Jeff Hughes.

Their two goals were ludicrous.

Rides is a better defender than Clarke despite their first goal but Cookie and Clarke back next week and it will be interesting.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 22:26
Quote:
chrisprover
About Nors one on ones, when you watch other strikers they sometimes just seem to hit the ball and it seems to go through the keeper somehow, whereas with Nors the goalie makes a save, Just keep getting them on terget Nors and they will come but always hit the target a fantastic player for us and scored 11 now with no pens dont think we have had any this season.
Yeah Chris we got one at Fylde on New Years Day . Didn't make much difference though !

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 23:11
I'm happy that Ginnelly got on the score sheet and I'm happy that the result didn't happen because Tranmere were tying to win when it was 2-2, but the couple of goals of was adding a bit of unnecessary pressure.

However being 2 points off second and 5 off top feels better and I think if Tranmere can beat Macclesfield, that they have a good chance of still getting top spot.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 23:43
Ive kept being interrupted on each post so far so-
good battling performance against a physical side
Norrs fantastic effort and his one on one was actually one on two as the defender forced him wide so there
Ref worst I've ever seen including Wallasey under 13 Sunday League
Another ref thread said to a neutral most decisions look 50 50 today in the last few minutes 5000 saw a corner 1 ref saw a goal kick. I despair.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 08:31
I thought we missed a big man up front. We needed a bit of muscle to hold the ball. Mangy when he came on looked a bit rusty, but you can still see he has something to offer. They were very poor.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 08:49
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
I thought it was an own goal but either way Taylor does not inspire me...both goals conceded were soft as anything from nothing.
Kirby held the ball up well and looked composed - could have had a goal but just out of reach. Ginelly scored a good goal and was busy. We also missed Clarke today as no real outlet down the left.
Overall this was just so typical... we looked excellent for the first 10 minutes with neat one touch passing and I thought this was going to be an easy big victory but after that we lost a bit of composure though all 3 goals were well made.

The worst thing about the ref missing that massive deflection was after the reaction of all 4 sides of the ground the penny dropped, you could almost see the refs thought process as maidenhead attacked ' if they score here im f---ed' he was looking for any reason at all to give us a free kick and managed to spot some shirt pulling on the edge of the box which none of us could see ( my seat is in line with the18 yard line in the paddock) . We all just laughed once it was given it was such a poor decision.... he completely bottled it

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 09:08
Quote:
Higgosboots
Norwood can finish when he has no time to think, one option and can’t eyeball the keeper, in a one on one situation he has options, and can see the goalie, he needs to think less. It’s like when you loose control of your car and you “notice” the lampost guaranteed your hitting it or when you tee the driver up and think just hit it anywhere other than in that pond!
That is spot on Higgo... and you must have seen my golf game in actionsmiling smiley Yes he will never be an instinctive finisher as no matter how you much you practice you can't replicate the pressure of the actual match. What he is doing great this season is scoring critical goals when he has to be instinctive and just lets fly. His harrying and chasing lost causes was once again of the first order yesterday. Definitely a MOM performance for me.

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 10:01
Another typical home performance from the SWA, offered so much with a bright start then lost their way, couldn’t put the game to bed no matter how many goals we scored, no surprise Nors missed his usual one on one, however Harris moments earlier should have put him through instead of ignoring the obvious easy pass and tried to play in Kirby instead which came to nothing, from the JK it looked like McNulty took their player out in the first half which resulted in his injury when he was about to score, midfield never stamped their authority throughout and cannot believe how Rides & Sutton let their lad get the cross in for their first goal, As picked up by others didn’t feel Taylor shows any confidence and not yet on same wavelength as his defence and his kicking is poor. Missed Clarke & Cook I felt and hope both play next Saturday as we know how our opponents are set up no to lose and then try and scrape a single goal win. Finally the ref : saw fouls nobody else did, took an age to decide what his decision was going to be then the deflection at the end, surely he’s got 2 assistants and a 4th official all mic,d up to let him know he’s dropped a massive one and help him out or did they just want him to drown in his own poor performance.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 10:43
I'm afraid we may see more of those grinding out, nail-biting performances before the season's over. Admittedly, not good for those with a nervous disposition, but watching Tranmere we should all be afflicted by this! I'd like to turn it on it's head and give Maidenhead some credit, as I feel they deserve it. Yes, they were a physically big, strong team, but did not revert to the thuggish behaviour that some other teams have. In fact, they had some decent periods of possession with some quality passing and movement between them. They also had some good pace down the flanks, which exposed us for their first goal. They worked their socks off for each other, making it as difficult as they could and didn't crumble on both occasions when going two goals down. They are in a decent mid-table position on merit. Although I don't think we were at our best and I have had time to reflect, it's another three points in the bag which is the most important outcome. Ginneley showed Nors how to do it! (sorry Nors, you had another very good game and scored; what more could we ask.......). I could nit-pick about individual performances (may have done that if I'd have posted immediately after the game), but teams will give their all to make it difficult for us and we rose to the challenge and took the spoils.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 12:45
+1
although I think Norwood's superb pass set up Ginnelly's goal on a plate.

Jack of all Trades

21 January, 2018 12:53
I realise that I will probably be a nervous wreck by the season end but, another 16 tight victories will do!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 14:07
Quote:
Hoots Mon
+1
although I think Norwood's superb pass set up Ginnelly's goal on a plate.

Yes, real piece of quality from both players; made it look easy, which we know it isn't!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2018 22:54 by Phil65.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 17:36
Good three points. Looking tighter at the top. Will losing 6-0 have a lasting effect on Macclesfield? If we can beat them and Wrexham, we're in with a chance. Credit to Norwood - and let's hope Ginnelly can give him some tips on finishing one-on-ones. Credit to McNulty too for playing with what must be a very sore leg. Think our season may rest on what happens with Wallace and Tollit.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 18:47
@Hoots, i personally booed Emmanuel but it wasn't for the challenge with Steve. It was after this when Rides walked past him and tapped him as if to say 'get up' and he threw his hands over his face as if to say he'd been hit.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 20:13
Quote:
HardlyYardley
Good three points. Looking tighter at the top. Will losing 6-0 have a lasting effect on Macclesfield? If we can beat them and Wrexham, we're in with a chance. Credit to Norwood - and let's hope Ginnelly can give him some tips on finishing one-on-ones. Credit to McNulty too for playing with what must be a very sore leg. Think our season may rest on what happens with Wallace and Tollit.

Don’t agree with you re:Wallace and Tollit as we are we’re we are without them. However will strengthen us for sure.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 21:54
Quote:
rossb07
@Hoots, i personally booed Emmanuel but it wasn't for the challenge with Steve. It was after this when Rides walked past him and tapped him as if to say 'get up' and he threw his hands over his face as if to say he'd been hit.

Fair enough. But it was quite a forceful collision with Steve[with Taylor not far away too]He was always going to come off second best and Steve did not get up straight away either.It was obvious that Emmanuel was limping as soon as he eventually got up.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 22:54
Can only agree with above posts, the ref must be the WORST we have encountered in this league, a complete 100% idiot. Is he a founder member / Chairman, of the 'Trying to be a Total @#$%& Society' ????

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 23:23
Quote:
WWStandsure
Can only agree with above posts, the ref must be the WORST we have encountered in this league, a complete 100% idiot. Is he a founder member / Chairman, of the 'Trying to be a Total @#$%& Society' ????
I assume he is competition with the ref at Woking last week.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

22 January, 2018 08:01
Quote:
SmartRover
Another typical home performance from the SWA, offered so much with a bright start then lost their way, couldn’t put the game to bed no matter how many goals we scored, no surprise Nors missed his usual one on one, however Harris moments earlier should have put him through instead of ignoring the obvious easy pass and tried to play in Kirby instead which came to nothing, from the JK it looked like McNulty took their player out in the first half which resulted in his injury when he was about to score, midfield never stamped their authority throughout and cannot believe how Rides & Sutton let their lad get the cross in for their first goal, As picked up by others didn’t feel Taylor shows any confidence and not yet on same wavelength as his defence and his kicking is poor. Missed Clarke & Cook I felt and hope both play next Saturday as we know how our opponents are set up no to lose and then try and scrape a single goal win. Finally the ref : saw fouls nobody else did, took an age to decide what his decision was going to be then the deflection at the end, surely he’s got 2 assistants and a 4th official all mic,d up to let him know he’s dropped a massive one and help him out or did they just want him to drown in his own poor performance.

Agree with the midfield stuff, Norburn quality. Harris, Hughes not in the same league as him. I remain convinced Norwood playing in the middle and off a front two of Kirby an Cook is the way forward, he reinforced my view on Saturday with a couple of sublime passes the through ball for Ginnelys goal and the little spin pass to Rides. Imagine the havoc he would wreak with all those runs coming from deep, no doubt he score from 25 yards he does it most weeks, he likes a battle and can knock it round.

MESSAGES->author

22 January, 2018 15:12
Have just seen the 7 min highlights on the club website. Great thru ball from Norwood to set up Ginelly's goal and a nice low strike from Jeff Hughes. Seems as if both Maidenheads goals were soft goals to give away. Also on about 3 mins into the video clip it looked like a stonewall penalty for Maidenhead to me, with their no.19 being tripped after he had made a short run into the box. None of the Maidenhead players seemed to protest though.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

22 January, 2018 17:49
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

Don’t agree with you re:Wallace and Tollit as we are we’re we are without them. However will strengthen us for sure.

I was thinking that, since the only way to guarantee promotion is being at the top and, although results have been improving, the extra skill and creativity of Wallace and Tollitt may be needed. Also, if we wind up back at Wembley, they are players I would hope might excel there.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

22 January, 2018 20:20
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

We are were we are yes. 5th. Agree with hardly, get them back and we stand a much better chance of winning the league. It was Banks and DMH that had the biggest impact on the team. Just look at the results while they were here. Look at the results since, back to scrapping a win at home to a poor team.

Sorry Tranmerefan, but yes we're are were we are without them, but we are were we are with Banks and DMH. We now don't have any of them, so we may be back to were we were before. We need Ben and another asap.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

22 January, 2018 22:00
And i thought we were on a decent run of form, guess not...must be a lower mid-table finish for us then!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 18:04
Thought we won the last game without them too and scored 3 goals? Must of dreamt being at the match 🤷‍♂️

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 18:58
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

We are were we are yes. 5th. Agree with hardly, get them back and we stand a much better chance of winning the league. It was Banks and DMH that had the biggest impact on the team. Just look at the results while they were here. Look at the results since, back to scrapping a win at home to a poor team.

Sorry Tranmerefan, but yes we're are were we are without them, but we are were we are with Banks and DMH. We now don't have any of them, so we may be back to were we were before. We need Ben and another asap.
gateshead 1 Tranmere 0, Macclesfield 2 Tranmere 2, Fylde 5 Tranmere 2. Look who played in those.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 20:03
We'll blow me, a hint of negativity there! For me it's no coincidence that we seemed to get our mojo back when Banks and DMH joined us. In my opinion, it was our best performance v Macclesfield in the three seasons we've been down and we could/should have won it comfortably if we'd have taken our chances. Gateshead were on a roll at the time, their fourth win in five games and we lost to an own goal in added time. Fylde, well, just a fluke (else we're doomed 😱).

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 20:20
I’m basically trying to credit to the lads that have got us to where we are in the league, I already said that Tollit and Wallace will strengthen us, but don’t think it’s fair to say Tollit and Wallace will be the basis of “what happens” with promotion. Just my two pence 🙃

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 20:28
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

gateshead 1 Tranmere 0, Macclesfield 2 Tranmere 2, Fylde 5 Tranmere 2. Look who played in those.

DMH didn't play against Fylde.

Banks arrived less than 48 hours before Gateshead,who were the worst team I've seen us play this season. We were far from great but the very late unlucky own goal was an utter travesty.

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 20:31
Pace out wide and added creativity in the middle (plus ball retention) is what Banks and DMH brought.

Tollitt and Ginnelly give the pace and Wallace could help replace the quality in the middle.

I would rather have Banks back though with Wallace in reserve.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 22:42
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

Banks did................

Banks arrived less than 48 hours before Gateshead,who were the worst team I've seen us play this season. We were far from great but the very late unlucky own goal was an utter travesty.

And we have won without either of the two. My point is that there are nine other players that make up the team. Clarke needs credit as well. So does Norwood and Norbury and all the others who have scored goals. So I feel the team will adapt because othere players are now playing as part of a team.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 22:57
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

And we have won without either of the two. My point is that there are nine other players that make up the team. Clarke needs credit as well. So does Norwood and Norbury and all the others who have scored goals. So I feel the team will adapt because othere players are now playing as part of a team.

I've got a cousin called Norbury but she[or her husband] doesn't play in midfield.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 08:54
They picked up 3 points, that’s all that matters for the rest of the season.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 11:25
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

I've got a cousin called Norbury but she[or her husband] doesn't play in midfield.

What I typed and what the f in autocorrect replaced it with are two different people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net