the kav (IP Logged)

Eddie clarke
17 January, 2018 15:56
Done deal to wigan ive heard, signs monday and loaned back to us

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: Eddie clarke
17 January, 2018 16:01
I hope the terms are favourable but I doubt they are! No doubt a down payment and a sell on clause!

lennyb1983
lennyb1983 (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 16:14
Good deal in my eyes

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 17:54
Is this the same deal as posted as done three weeks ago or so?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 18:26
Heard nothing, been rumoured for ages

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 18:58
Yes i believe they were dotting the i s and crossing the t s today. Bradford are in for cookie too 75 k

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 19:07
In an ideal world we should be hanging onto Cook, but unless the club are in a posistion to over him a competive new contract it would be fool hardy not to consider offers. Whilst he is a key player we do not want to be in the position where he is out of contract and goes for nothing in the summer with potential others like Norwood. If we were to receive 75-100k for him that money should be used to offer others be it current squad members or otherwise competitve deals, it’s 2 players wages for a season. We could conceivably be in a position in the summer like Arsenal are now, were players of value can walk for nothing and then have to replace those players with limited funds available. Ultimatley to replace Cook and Norwood it’s probably 150k in transfer fees.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 19:24
We are getting 200k for clarke i believe.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 19:25
Only another 9 players to go and we will have tranmere promoted as Wigan.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 19:39
If he isn't loaned back, I'd try and sign the Fylde left back Angol, in both games he looked pretty good and importantly he has pace kept DMH quiet first game.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 21:18
Quote:
Higgosboots
In an ideal world we should be hanging onto Cook, but unless the club are in a posistion to over him a competive new contract it would be fool hardy not to consider offers. Whilst he is a key player we do not want to be in the position where he is out of contract and goes for nothing in the summer with potential others like Norwood. If we were to receive 75-100k for him that money should be used to offer others be it current squad members or otherwise competitve deals, it’s 2 players wages for a season. We could conceivably be in a position in the summer like Arsenal are now, were players of value can walk for nothing and then have to replace those players with limited funds available. Ultimatley to replace Cook and Norwood it’s probably 150k in transfer fees.

Norwood has another year left on his contract after this season.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 21:23
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
If he isn't loaned back, I'd try and sign the Fylde left back Angol, in both games he looked pretty good and importantly he has pace kept DMH quiet first game.

He's on a two and a half year deal at Fylde[from June 2017] so would cost a fee.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 01:23
I'm sorry to be that guy but do we have any proof of either or should i say any of these moves? All i've seen is a tweet from a user called 'TransferCentre9' who out of their last 100 rumours only 1 has ever happened due to it already having gone through.

Heard all season Cook's going to any team other than us because Mellon is bullying him, Jennings is moving to a team that couldn't afford to pay him and now Clarke is set on a transfer away to a club that i know people who are apart of the background in that club and they've never even heard of Clarke until someone decided to post up in the Echo a one-liner about it.

I like my facts, cold hard facts and i apologise in advance if anyone has taken offence to this post. If true then happy days, we can wish them well and plan ahead without safe in the knowledge that those in their jobs will find adequate replacements.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2018 04:06 by rossb07.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 06:33
I’ve not heard or seen anything about cook, but both the local Tranmere reporters are saying the same thing with regard to Clarke. They usually get there stories from inside the club, so I assume that one has some truth in it.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 07:07
Fair enough, might have to ask one of them on Facebook if they've heard anything develop in the last few days.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 10:35
A friend of mine is a Bradford fan and he told me the 75k offer was in a couple of days ago. He asked me what i thought as they are doing well in league 1. My opinion was he is nowhere near good enough for that league, however apparently they are desperate to sign someone as their rivals are signing people and the fans are getting restless. I see this as a panic buy for them if it comes off. I would think possibly just a rumour as even if he stepped up his game for league 1 he is nowhere near good enough for Championship.

I did say buy him then lend him back to us when you realise NL is his level :-)

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 10:36
If true i think this is a good deal for us, keep the player and possibly strengthen the team for the promotion push with the proceeds

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 17:33
Quote:
AndyMase
A friend of mine is a Bradford fan and he told me the 75k offer was in a couple of days ago. He asked me what i thought as they are doing well in league 1. My opinion was he is nowhere near good enough for that league, however apparently they are desperate to sign someone as their rivals are signing people and the fans are getting restless. I see this as a panic buy for them if it comes off. I would think possibly just a rumour as even if he stepped up his game for league 1 he is nowhere near good enough for Championship.
I did say buy him then lend him back to us when you realise NL is his level :-)

If their in league 1 we want 500k (Sm159)

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 17:34
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgosboots

Norwood has another year left on his contract after this season.

That’s good, we don’t want to be left with both out of contract.

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 20:25
Eddie clarke to wigan-loaned back to us until the end of the season
Norwood has another full season left at TRFC
Cook is going nowhere so he will go for free at the end of this season i honestly cant see him signing for us again unless we get promoted, if not He will goto league 2 at least i even have a feeling he might follow in stocktons steps up in scotland. Who knows....

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 20:29
Whats happenened to 'insiderboy, normally had the facts right!

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 20:55
Presser from MM states that he hopes there was interest in Clarke and if anything materialised for any player that was beneficial for all parties they'd look into it.

I trust he knows more than we do and no hint that Wigan are already in for him, even goes as far as saying that Clarke will be starting on Saturday.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 22:06
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2018 11:00 by 853OKG.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 08:08
If true then there is an object lesson.Only recently has Clarke been promoted to our starting eleven and now he is good enough for strong div 1 teams.Are we being too conservative in bringing on young talent.Drysdale may be an example.Duggan and Gumbs were not given extended runs in their teams and vital development experience has been lost.We have to be a selling club but ideally you want a few years from a player before selling on.We sometimes sign or borrow dross before trying our own

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 22:41
Quote:
DevonExile
We sometimes sign or borrow dross before trying our own

Many clubs do the same hing though, but all managers creating said scenario, never believe the players loaned or signed will be sub par, otherwise that would be the most ridiculous way for any manager to think.

Someone a few years ago, came on here and said Ronnie Moore should apologise for signing players like Amoo, Corry, McGinty etc, which is rubbish, because he didn't sign players like that on the basis they would be sub par, so that was a nonsensical post by the individual.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 09:48
It is not the intention that is questioned but the judgement.We are far too inclined to overlook our younger players to the detriment of their development. Gums and Digging are but two examples

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 22:27
I assume you meant Gumbs with the first one, but I'm not sure if you meant Duggan or pilling with the second one.

The judgement is something to look at for sure, but as outsiders we are not privy to a players improvement levels and attitude and when results are an instant requirement for any club and that is partly the nature of the business, then do you bring in someone like Banks because they represent top 6 NL or possibly even top 6 league 2 quality, or throw on a young lad for 75 minutes 5 or 6 times in a row who might only have NLN / NLS quality right then? You would do the former, even if the loan player was costing around £1,200+ a month, rather than an 18 / 19 year old costing £1,000+ a month being used instead.

When managers and coaches have any niggling doubt, the two main options to reach out for outside of a transfer window is a loan or a freebie, or on rare occasions an unattached player willing to play for nothing on non contract terms.

As the team is in a less questionable league position than was the case 3 months ago, then by an large incoming players have proven to be worth the punt, over one or two homegrown players.

This punt has been used by many clubs over the years and sometimes it represents good risk and sometimes not, but that depends on individual managers and coaches and the circumstances involved as well as the actual talent and mentality of incoming players too, so such risks cannot necessarily be leveled at a clubs reputation per se, but more at individuals overseeing team affairs.

for every Banks and Mottley-Henry, there will a Darville and an Antwi.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

22 January, 2018 12:30
Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/01/2018 10:48 by 853OKG.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

22 January, 2018 13:05
Does the 'Insider' know when the official news of the move will be made public?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 10:52
Riddle me this. Why would a club sanction money for new players when the owner is in the process of selling it? The past had shown that new owners can get rid of incumbent manager even if the team is doing well. And players follow.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 11:29
Quote:
the kav
Done deal to wigan ive heard, signs monday and loaned back to us

So where did you 'hear' the rumour? I assume you watched the post match interview with Micky?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 14:41
Sorry lads been mad busy. Lad i went to uni with works at the yorkshire evening post, for obvious reasons im not butting his name up, spoke earlier and he absolutely stands by it. Its the same lad that gave me the info about the 200k wirral live losses and ronnie being sacked at eastleigh that i popped on here.

See what happens guys, i will happily retract and apologise if it doesnt happen x

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 15:56
Are all at the Yorkshire Evening post interested in all things rovers and their former managers or just this chap? (Genuine question with no sarcasm attached)

This move has been definitely 'on' more times this month than Cook to Wrexham last summer but as you say, we'll "see what happens".

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 16:17
Hes a liverpool supporting local lad mate

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 23:03
Wigan are a Greater Manchester team though, so why would anyone on the Yorkshire post report on that? Surely the teams in question for them would be Rotherham, Huddersfield, Leeds etc.

So if Clarke was linked with a Yorkshire team fair enough but in this case he isn't, so I don't understand why this individual would be so sure of an instance that in theory should not be part of their general sports reporting remit.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

25 January, 2018 00:40
And the information was that he signed last Monday, which was specific, not just that a deal was being sorted. So what does he say about the holdupossibility, if it is actually a lull? That the owner selling has slowed things down?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

25 January, 2018 18:00
Quote:
Matt34
Wigan are a Greater Manchester team though, so why would anyone on the Yorkshire post report on that? Surely the teams in question for them would be Rotherham, Huddersfield, Leeds etc.
So if Clarke was linked with a Yorkshire team fair enough but in this case he isn't, so I don't understand why this individual would be so sure of an instance that in theory should not be part of their general sports reporting remit.

Wallasey lad in maintains his interest in merseyside football after moving away shock!!!!

Hardly a headline for the tabloids matt!! Why shouldnt he use his contacts and influence to keep his mates informed? The lad has probably seen tranmere play a lot more then some people on here despite not being a tranmere supporter and has an active interest at the club... you might even have seen him at nfu last year or guiseley this season!!

Should the southern tranmere supporters lose interest in Merseyside football now they have moved?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

25 January, 2018 19:48
The southern rovers fans don't claim that one of our players is moving to a random club though without concrete info or even giving their name out.

There's a slight difference in the 2 mate, nothing against you of course as you're just saying what he maybe shouldn't have.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

25 January, 2018 21:20
Fair point mate.... just not gonna bother again, leave you all to chat about facts

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 12:33
Quote:
the kav
Fair point mate.... just not gonna bother again, leave you all to chat about facts

We dont all want to chat about facts all the time, its the bits and pieces that arent in the news, gleaned from sources that the rest of us cant access that make this forum entertaining and interesting and keep me coming back... Keep it up Kav

pez
pez (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 14:27
To be fair, the rumours about Eddie going to Wigan were being circulated by Wirral Radio a few weeks ago during a match broadcast.

They have also made comments about Cook and various interests in signing him.

I do know that Palios intervened over the alleged approaches for Cook last Summer.

Eddie Clarke is bound to attract interest because hes a quality player.

I wouldnt be surprised if theres a few clubs thinking of putting in a bid for him before the window closes.

From a club perspective, until its a done deal or a definite knock back, there really is nothing of substance to report.

Its not an unbelievable rumour, it just hasnt materialised as yet, but whose to say it wont?

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 14:38
Palios is selling his stake to Fowler and McMannaman .hO hO .Merry Easter

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 23:59
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Matt34

Wallasey lad in maintains his interest in merseyside football after moving away shock!!!!

Hardly a headline for the tabloids matt!! Why shouldnt he use his contacts and influence to keep his mates informed? The lad has probably seen tranmere play a lot more then some people on here despite not being a tranmere supporter and has an active interest at the club... you might even have seen him at nfu last year or guiseley this season!!

Should the southern tranmere supporters lose interest in Merseyside football now they have moved?

There may be a slight miscommunication here. I was not questioning his allegiances or who he knows or doesn't know, it's just that as you said he works for the Yorkshire Post, it sounded as if they might have been running a story on it, which is why I questioned it, as Wigan and Tranmere are not in Yorkshire, but your comments gave the impression they were reporting on it, as you name checked that publication instead of perhaps referring to the individual as a part of the media.

So nothing negative meant about your comments.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

27 January, 2018 09:07
Bradford were also rumoured to be interested so that could explain the Yorkshire media interest. I noticed that Bradford signed two defenders yesterday including a full back so it makes it less likely that an offer will come from them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2018 09:08 by DevonExile.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

27 January, 2018 09:31
Quote:
DevonExile
Bradford were also rumoured to be interested so that could explain the Yorkshire media interest. I noticed that Bradford signed two defenders yesterday including a full back so it makes it less likely that an offer will come from them
Wasn't it Bradford who were in for Cook for a 75k fee?
Never heard of the Bradford interest in Clarke if i'm honest.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

27 January, 2018 12:15
Who needs a Fleetwood Mac album when you have some Tranmere Supporters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2018 18:43 by 853OKG.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

27 January, 2018 21:48
Is that what happened to the 3,000+ people over the past 10-12 years that stopped watching the team; they thought loving you isn't the right thing to do?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 16:47
Quote:
Matt34
Is that what happened to the 3,000+ people over the past 10-12 years that stopped watching the team; they thought loving you isn't the right thing to do?
Probably went their own way

29 January, 2018 10:01
Just need "Dreams" of a "landslide" for us to "go our own way"!! "Dont stop" now..

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 20:34
Christine Perfect (McVie) and Lindsay Buckingham are genuinely currently touring... apparently Peter Green is making an appearance!

Sorry... cheap shot... Fleetwood Mac fans would know! winking smiley

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 21:01
Quote:
Yiggsy
Christine Perfect (McVie) and Lindsay Buckingham are genuinely currently touring... apparently Peter Green is making an appearance!
Sorry... cheap shot... Fleetwood Mac fans would know! winking smiley

Is he bringing his Green Manalishi with him?

"''The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)"
Written by Peter Green shortly before he left Fleetwood Mac, this miasmic proto-metal blues freakout was inspired by a dream that Green had while on mescaline, in which he was visited by a green dog that represented money. "It took me at least two years to recover from that song," Green recalled.''

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 11:00
DON'T BELIEVE A WORD what other teams fans think about their clubs promotion hopes. Come the end of April it will be us Rovers fans that will be DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT and drinking WHISKY FROM THE JAR.. Those league 2 clubs better watch out coz THE BOYS ARE soon to be BACK IN TOWN..... Lizzy, lizzy, lizzy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2018 12:23 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 18:12
Quote:
hong kong rover
DON'T BELIEVE A WORD what other teams fans think about their clubs promotion hopes. Come the end of April it will be us Rovers fans that will be DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT and drinking WHISKY FROM THE JAR.. Those league 2 clubs better watch out coz THE BOYS ARE soon to be BACK IN TOWN..... Lizzy, lizzy, lizzy!

That’s the spirit HKR! Suuuuuuuu whiiiiittteeeee arrrrrmmmmy!

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 10:41
Or we could just say 'oh well' if we're not restricted by 'the chain'?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 11:07
The Transfer Window closes today, and as yet young Eddie is still at Tranmere Rovers.

Can't wait to see him play in a team which includes Wallace and Tollett.

We have 15 games to go, we should try and win all 15 and with Eddie Clarke still here, we'll have a better chance!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 11:49
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
the kav

We dont all want to chat about facts all the time, its the bits and pieces that arent in the news, gleaned from sources that the rest of us cant access that make this forum entertaining and interesting and keep me coming back... Keep it up Kav

You mean gossip?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net