football
Latest News:

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

Next up: Woking (A)
12 January, 2018 22:33
If Twitter had been around in the 1980s and 1990s I don't think I would have survived into adulthood. It was bad enough every summer to be worried about losing all our good players but if social media had added a dash of misinformation into the mix, I think I would have been in a permanent state of meltdown.

The run up to this weekends game against Woking has seen a frenzy of rumour, counter-rumour, truth and lies flying around about transfer activity. Most of it has not come to pass which leads me to believe that the safest bet is to ignore it all.

Apart from when we get a bit of real news of course.

Woking have been dealt a blow as one of their best players, Joe Ward, has been sold to The Posh. On the opposite side of the pitch, Rovers have signed Josh Ginnelly on loan from Burnley until the end of the season. Josh helped Lincoln gain promotion last season so hopefully he will do the same with us.

More hard facts suggest that The Cards won't be a team of jokers (sorry) as they have picked up a lot of points so far and are currently safely in mid-table. But they are on a bit of a bad run at the moment with 2 draws and 4 defeats in the last six games.

So even though we have lost Ollie Banks and DMH and have not won in two games, we still have lots of very good players who are in good form so we might even win tomorrow.

In fact, on closer inspection, this is the squad that got us to the play off final give or take the odd difference and it can do it again. Actually, with the imminent return of Tollitt and Wallace, we arguably have a stronger group of players to tackle the remaining games this season.

Twitter will be used tomorrow as part of keeping tabs on the game so I am not a Luddite in terms of technology. I love twitter actually for keeping up to date with information and news, and I am on it all the time. But hard facts like goals, points and wins are the nuggets of information I want from now on. You can keep your rumours.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 07:41 by mini_andy.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Next up: Woking (A)
12 January, 2018 23:00
I will be along tomorrow for a first visit to the wino stadium. I think I am correct in saying we'll be playing in blue.
As a side note Woking had a couple of good FA cup runs in the early 80s, one of their players was my PE/Geography teacher. I have vivid memories of being sent off in a rugby game for decking my opposing hooker with a well aimed body punch. As head of department he I was called in to his office, he was sporting a huge black eye from the weekend game where he had a full and frank discussion with an opposition striker. We agreed that sometimes it is better to keep a check on aggression.

As for the game tomorrow, I think a tight 0-1 win to the SWA

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 23:32
I’ll be there tomorrow, thankfully they have a stand, so mini_mini_Andy will be able to see, unlike at Sutton!

As for predictions, with today’s signing, I’m positive again. The addition of a winger will see the end of Cole, so we will have width again. I’m going for a 1-4 with Nors getting his first Rovers hat trick.

mb53trfc
mb53trfc (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 23:42
Its very unsettling hearing the 'rumours' and other stuff that have been flying around this week. Lets hope to banish the 'fake news' blues, if indeed that is what it is, with 90 minutes positive action on the pitch. Its good that we've signed a winger. Apologies for the term used by that person by the way!

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 00:15
New wide player =crosses= goals = Rovers 3-0 win.SWA

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 00:34
We'll win 2-1 with Norwood getting the winner in the 93rd minute

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 09:35
Well we had rwo players recalled and possibly Buxton injured but it appears Buxton was not that badly injued after all and tha signing of Ginnely looks like a good signing with that news I will go for a two nil win to us, Norwood and a Buxton free kick.

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 11:09
Two nil to the boys from prenton park. Mc Nulty and Andy Cook.

Keep the Faith

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 11:38
We're going to exorcise the demons, 5-2 to our lads

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 11:49
Hopefully a repeat of last season 3-0

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 13:38
Not a repeat of two seasons ago I hope! Dire!!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 14:52
cmon the rovers get them 3 pts.

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 15:27
yes get in 1 up

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 15:28
sounds like woking should have had a player sent off. also seems like a bad challenge on mcnulty.

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 15:48
sounds like this ref is a complete joke and woking sound like a bunch of cheating dirty b*stards.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 16:19
I think mcnultys injury will be posted on twitter.
Not for the faint hearted.
It sounds like there keeper is making some excellent saves. Should be 2 or 3 up

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 16:31
Quote:
Shaumbra
I think mcnultys injury will be posted on twitter.
Not for the faint hearted.
It sounds like there keeper is making some excellent saves. Should be 2 or 3 up

the pic of his injury is now out on twitter, nasty.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 16:33
Have you got a link Hkr as I don't use Twitter

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 16:34
We need that 2nd goal

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Shaumbra
Have you got a link Hkr as I don't use Twitter

I don't use twitter either but to view it just go on to google and type in the following..wirral radio(@wirral radio921) twitter... click on it and then you should see it

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 16:38
Quote:
Shaumbra
We need that 2nd goal
yes

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 16:39
cook sent off

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 16:51
phew!!! yesss get in Rovers, massive 3 pts.. I was fearing the worst at the end.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 16:55 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 16:58
I need a lie down! Great three points, but boy do we do it the hard way!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 17:05
Quote:
Phil65

Surely it's not the hard way, it's the Tranmere way😀

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 17:47
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65

Surely it's not the hard way, it's the Tranmere way😀
nerves jangling time but sounds like there goaly star man . Just seen mcnulty injury .nasty.

Jack of all Trades

13 January, 2018 18:20
I assume Cooky will just miss the Maidenhead game as it was two yellows not a straight red card ?

Great three points and full use of our game in hand.

Hope McNulty will be OK

Jack of all Trades

13 January, 2018 18:29
It appears we feel both of Cooks yellow cards were harsh especially. after the assault on Mc Nulty.

We are now in our third season and the officials, almost without exception, are very poor.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 18:41
Wirral Radio commentary had me on edge and seething at the way the NL refs control matches.Very little seems to be in Tranmere 's favour and the thugs get away with it week on week. Well done to the lads.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 18:59
Nervy ending, especially when they hit the bar then, minutes later, their lad went down in the box only to get what seemed a harsh yellow for diving. But they looked like a team out of form and we should have buried them before then, denied several times by a good keeper.

Good 4-4-2 shape, excellent work rate all round and the defence coped well without Macca. Buxton in particular was excellent. Cole went off with what looked like a hamstring, the ref wouldn't let him have treatment on the pitch (probably rightly so as he was off it then limped back on before seeking treatment!), and it was while we were briefly down to ten and Cookie was tracking back in Cole's space that he picked up his very harsh second yellow.

Deserved win, some decent moves but more about character than style today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 19:11 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 19:26
Just seen the picture of McNultys leg, didn’t go to the match but if that’s a genuine image how that can happen to someone nowadays and they not get sent off is incredible, he’ll be out a couple of weeks potentially.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 19:40
It happened in the first 20 seconds, any other time and he’s off.

A great performance aground today. Woking were a very big physical team and we coped fine. 0-3 would have been a fair result, 0-5 was easily achievable.

MOTM for me was cook, until he got sent off, then he loses it by default, so Jay Harris now gets it.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 19:43
Great battling performance today kept out discipline in the face of Woking players running in after tackles to provoke a fight. Everyone fought for the team.

Jack of all Trades

13 January, 2018 19:44
Gumbs probably a straight replacement?

Because their player received a yellow, is that the end of it or can we take it further?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 21:02
Thats it jack, if the ref dealt with it its over im afraid

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 21:34
Great win. Deserved to have won by more. The attitude of all the players was first class. Their effort and will to win was superb. Cook and Norwood put in a shift and Clarke and Buxton provided width and opportunities throughout the game. This performance if replicated week by week gives real hope for a possible top spot and would definitely see us finish in the top 3.

Every ball's a white ball

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 21:54
It as a good battling performance, Buxton and Sutton managed to keep their big centre forward quiet. A lot of the movement and play was very good, Rides/Jennings/Clarke caused them big problems particularly in the second half. On another day we could have come away with a 0-5 win, one day its all going to go right and there will be a repeat of the Solihull game. The behaviour of the Woking players was pretty disgraceful you can tell that they are desperate to find a win somewhere and were in the ref's ear all game, which brings me to the ref, who was the worst official I have seen, and given the standard in the NL that is a particularly low bar to stumble over.

mb53trfc
mb53trfc (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 21:57
Listened on the radio and Trojan effort by the team in the face of provocation and cheating by Woking and an incompetent referee. When are these 'officials' going to learn about being played. Was on the edge of my seat for the full game and sounds like a fully deserved win. Well done Rovers. Gumbs in for McNulty next game if needed.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 22:17
A good result in the end but will Tranmere pay for Cook's dismissal in the coming games?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 22:22
Quote:
Matt34
A good result in the end but will Tranmere pay for Cook's dismissal in the coming games?

Yes , they don't stop his wages if he doesn't play. LOL Seriously though, they have played without him before and won.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 22:23 by 853OKG.

Jack of all Trades

14 January, 2018 10:27
Would appear that due to the Cards goalkeeper having a blinder it was almost a repeat of the Chester game but, fortunately, we managed to score this time.

For those who went, was it as good a performance as the reports suggest?

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 10:55
Great result for the lads they fought hard . Sorry for big Mac nasty injury, he has a full page article in the Non league Paper today, Talks about his fitness and pals in football.

Well done boys.

Keep the Faith

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 14:22
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Would appear that due to the Cards goalkeeper having a blinder it was almost a repeat of the Chester game but, fortunately, we managed to score this time.
For those who went, was it as good a performance as the reports suggest?

It took us a while to get going and for the most part it wasn't champagne football. Equally it would be doing the lads a disservice to say we won ugly. Yes, both Woking and Chester keepers had blinders but, from what I remember, we battered Chester for large parts of the game whereas Woking had a fair bit of possession yesterday, and arguably more than us in the first half.

But we got our tactics spot on, stopped them playing their own game to the extent that their fans were getting on their back, and we attacked with purpose and belief. When we did, we caused their defence big problems and created most of the clear chances. Our defence, unlike theirs, was solid and Taylor had little to do in goal.

Controlled and professional with bags of character and determination, and a bit of attacking flair thrown in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 14:45 by Aldo'smuzzy.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 15:33
I thought we played well yesterday and thoroughly deserved the win but our problem again was we did not put our chances away mainly due to some great saves from their keeper.
Again the referee was a joke right from the first minute. We looked on in horror at the challenge on McNulty and clearly their player should have been red carded. Mr Quelch the same name as the form master in the Billy Bunter stories looked more like the Owl of the Remove and didn't have a clue what to do even though he must have seen the extent of the injury and realised how it had been caused. Instead he was more interested in the uncalled for gesturings by the Woking players. Those players continued in their niggling attitudes throughout the game and he allowed them to get away with their pathetic posturings.
Enough of the referee save that when their player went down in the box I fully expected a penalty to be awarded.

So we all played well! Harris was his usual tigerish self in midfield and Ridehalgh came on and was very steady in a slightly different role. Clarke continues to progress and Buxton also had a fine game.

Whether McNulty will be fit for next week remains to be seen but I would have thought He may be out for a couple of weeks. If so who replaces him. Presumably Gumbs a direct replacement or possibly Ridehalgh who can play in that position. An interesting dilemma for Micky!!

And who will replace Cook? Waring is back and maybe even Alabi. It seems he has blown it at Dover by entering into talks with Ebbsfleet without Dover's knowledge. It seems both Kent clubs may wash their hands of him and therefore he will be back with us!!! Not quite what we wanted!

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 17:23
Good result in difficult circumstances. Although it's not his usual position, can't see why Ridehalgh shouldn't keep his place if McNulty can't play. Will at least be interesting if we finally get a chance to see Waring.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:59
Great result but sounds like the ref was useless, well ground out result should be good for the team now up to 5th lets keep it going now. Waring may det a chance and should have a bit more pace than cook although cook is tremendous at finishing, but if the ball is put in the box lets see if waring can finish also.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 13:59
Just as long as we do not use Alabi as the replacement. His spell at Dover shows that it is not just here that he has failed to impress

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 15:37
Maybe Alabi is this league's Benteke. Now and again flatters to deceive. Then again, maybe he needs a good run in a team that is playing well, which is not exactly what Tranmere were earlier in the season. I have no idea about his contribution to Dover in terms of assists and his overall play.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 16:23
I still feel he must have something as he did so well at Chester. And I remember playing Chester and thinking he was dangerous.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 20:38
My Chester mates laughed at me when we signed him. Most of his goals were penos. But let's look at cole Stockton who was slagged so much, yet came back and set PP on fire. Would I give him ago? A couple of weeks ago yes, now that it appears he's been in talks with Edds with us or Dover knowing, not a chance. Release him now. He is obviously not trustworthy.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 21:07
He can sit on the bench until we get a peno if that ever happens and with our pedigree of taking them get substituted after he scores😬

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net