football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Ginnelly new winger šŸ™‚
12 January, 2018 15:49
Rovers have completed the signing of young winger Josh Ginnelly on loan until the end of the season from Premier League club Burnley.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Ginnelly new winger šŸ™‚
12 January, 2018 15:51
think he was on loan at lincoln recently. saw him on a bt sports live game halifax v altrincham not long ago when he was on loan at altrincham and he looked good to me, hopefully this is a good signing

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 15:58
He was on loan at Lincoln from Burnley .Burnley recalled him so he could come to us .I assume he is a bit homesick and asked for another club closer to home

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 16:07
Reading on the Burnley site that he was on a season long loan at Lincoln but was also with them to help them get promoted.He he s Ona 3 year contract at Burnley which ends in the summer

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 16:15
Worked with MM before Burnley signed him.

Cowley at Lincoln seems to have a decent record in recruiting players, Josh there last season and has played 19 games this season scoring 3 goals.

Could be a very good signing together with Ben T who must be close to a return?

Import
Import (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 16:17
Quote:
dicko111
He was on loan at Lincoln from Burnley .Burnley recalled him so he could come to us .I assume he is a bit homesick and asked for another club closer to home

Burnley wanted more first team minutes which he was not guaranteed at Sincil Bank, particulary as he had dropped down to 4th choice for his favoured position out on the wing.

Gino was frustratingly inconsistent, I'm sure there is a good player in there, but he has not developed in the first half the season like others at club have.

I'm sure he will do well at PP.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 16:27
Hopefully our 4-4-2 will suit his game

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 16:30
If he's on a par with DMH he could do a decent job for us.Welcome Josh.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 16:39
Good news, he last played on Boxing Day so was most definitely part of the First team squad at Lincoln, I guess Burnley wanted guaranteed starts which Lincoln couldn't give so I would expect to see him on Saturday at Woking.
Worked with MM at Shrewsbury, albeit a few years ago.

Micky said of him today: ā€œIā€™m really pleased to add Josh to the group. He is a talented young player and someone I know well having worked with him previously, so Iā€™m excited about working with him again here at Tranmere. Iā€™d like to thank Sean Dyche and Burnley for allowing him to join us.ā€

Positive step from MP, should keep all the doubters quiet at least until half time Saturday.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 17:06
Mixed feelings on Lincoln forum.Guess what ? He's injury prone and inconsistent.
But this is the future. Come on Josh! Show us why Burnley signed you.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 18:32
Just need a decent centre mid to go in alongside Norbs now,

pez
pez (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 21:01
Banks is rubbish according to Oldham fans, but he was excellent during his time here.

This kid sounds better than Banks IMO so I think he could fit in well, especially when Tollitt and Wallace come back

Impinsalford
Impinsalford (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 23:37
I expect him to do a decent job for you. As previously mentioned can be inconsistent but has decent pace and technique also an excellent attitude. Popular with Imps fans but one who is yet to get near to his potential. He will be wished well for his future at Tranmere by us Imps.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 00:21
Quote:
pez
Banks is rubbish according to Oldham fans, but he was excellent during his time here.
This kid sounds better than Banks IMO so I think he could fit in well, especially when Tollitt and Wallace come back

How can you sound better than somebody who plays in a different position? Ginnelly will be on the wing,Banks was in central midfield.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 10:05
Will Ginnelly be on the bench today?

Hope the Manager hasn't signed him to be a bench warmer, the team sheet around three will give us the answer.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 10:35
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
pez

How can you sound better than somebody who plays in a different position? Ginnelly will be on the wing,Banks was in central midfield.

Experience wise I mean, regardless of his playing position.

He is obviously a decent player as the Cowley's saw fit to give him a run of games at Lincoln?. That's what I meant by " sounds like a decent player" .

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 10:38
Hopefully the signing of Josh will address the imbalance caused by the DMH injury and end of loan.

Ollie Banks will be a big miss, we need the other players (whoever they may be) who come in to take up the challenge and regain the momentum generated before the last two games.

Woking is a must win game for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 10:41 by Jack of all Trades.

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 12:55
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Hopefully the signing of Josh will address the imbalance caused by the DMH injury and end of loan.
Ollie Banks will be a big miss, we need the other players (whoever they may be) who come in to take up the challenge and regain the momentum generated before the last two games.

Woking is a must win game for me.

I agree, Rovers really need a win today.

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 12:57
How do you pronounce the G in his surname? Is it a hard G sound or a soft G sound?

MESSAGES->author

13 January, 2018 14:36
soft G according to wirral radio

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 14:49
Not playing today, looks like he's gone for Cole.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 20:51
Sounds like another MM 'favourite' - I will reserve judgement for now, would rather have signed Ollie Banks on for the season - he fitted right into our playing system.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2018 21:25
Players of differing positions however can be compared to be honest. It's like comparing Roberto Fiminho with Steve McNulty and saying Firminho is better.

Ginnelly could well be a quality player and potentially as good as Banks and if he can provide more goals and / or assists in the same number of games he would come across as having the edge.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 17:05
Quote:
WWStandsure
Sounds like another MM 'favourite' - I will reserve judgement for now, would rather have signed Ollie Banks on for the season - he fitted right into our playing system.

So how do you propose that could happen given it was a subsidised loan as a favour for a player not for sale at the moment?

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:17
853OKG - Ginnelly apparently has played for MM previously, so lets see if this works out - subsidised loan or not - is he that good? - or another 'Mangan' jobs for the mates - I have to question this seriously, as several of MM's 'signings' have been 'strange' to say the least (or is this just a way of reducing the players wages at his club for the remainder of the season, then to be released?), - you really have to look at EVERY aspect of a signing (like why sign/loan sign another winger when Tollitt is due to return and Rocca is still on the wage bill?? - think about it.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:42
Straight replacement for DMH on the right and he didn't do too badly. Time will tell but he comes with good pedigree, he might even show you his championship medal if you're nice to him!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net