MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Tommy Lawrence R.I.P.
10 January, 2018 11:55

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Tommy Lawrence R.I.P.
10 January, 2018 12:22
Before my time, but RIP. Anyone who has served the club at any stage deserves respect from our club, and I’m sure he’ll get it being an old palios team mate!

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 13:08
Great player,I used to see him playing for Liverpool in their great team of the Sixties.I couldn't believe it when he signed for Tranmere , he was still a great keeper.Very agile for a big man , great one on one keeper, Norwood would have had no chance against him. A sad day for his Family and friends, a great loss to world of football.
R.I.P Tommy

Keep the Faith

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 13:09
R.I.P to the ''flying pig''.Excellent keeper and a very nice man too.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 13:37
Quote:
mini_andy
Before my time, but RIP. Anyone who has served the club at any stage deserves respect from our club, and I’m sure he’ll get it being an old palios team mate!

3 years at Tranmere!

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 14:22
I remember when he signed for Rovers and one of his first games was in the FA Cup against Charlton Athletic at the Valley. He had an absolute blinder and we drew 0-0. The replay at Prenton Park was one of the great nights with 12,000 cheering Rovers to a 4-2 win after extra time!

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 15:08
Very sad. Enjoyed seeing him at PP many times. RIP.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 16:59
Quote:
martyd12
I remember when he signed for Rovers and one of his first games was in the FA Cup against Charlton Athletic at the Valley. He had an absolute blinder and we drew 0-0. The replay at Prenton Park was one of the great nights with 12,000 cheering Rovers to a 4-2 win after extra time!
great memories you just reminded me martyd. He stopped everything .think Derek hales their big number .couldn't believe the size of there terrace on 1 side of the pitch massive.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 17:51
Quote:
martyd12

If I remember rightly,the replay was the match where Trevor Storton scored with his bottom.Great game in very heavy rain.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:43
He was under rated even at his peak and a reminder that compared to other positions the skills of keepers have not moved forward to the same degree.

I think that this might be due to the fact that it takes longer for keepers to mature but few today stay at a club for long.

It may be a rose coloured view of the past but I think that Payne and Lloyd who vied for a first team spot in the 1950's were both as good as many premier league keepers of today

Thingwall
Thingwall (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 23:02
My favourite memory is the 4th round FA Cup game against Stoke. We'd gone 2-0 down and came back to 2-2. Running onto the pitch with hordes of other 11 year olds (as we did in those days) when we equalised, I rushed up to him to hug him.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 23:33
RIP Tommy , I'm old enough to remember you playing for the White's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net