football
Latest News:

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

James Alabi
08 January, 2018 22:20
Dover hav extended James Alabi’s loan until the end of the season.

That’s a real shock, I didn’t see that coming......

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: James Alabi
08 January, 2018 22:54
Guess we could expect more coming in for us then...

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 23:05
I’m not sure. Mangan isn’t on loan any more so I guess he’s an option.....

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 00:18
At least he should be ready for next year 😆.
The deal with Chester was never sorted out and maybe we should just hand him back to them or give them a chance to take over his registration

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 10:43
Dover's manager Roy Kinnear must see something in Alabi then. It seems strange that they have extended his loan period given that he has only scored once for them. In a way, Rovers have got the best of both worlds as he is off our payroll, and hopefully, if he comes good we have the option to recall him.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 11:25
Will he be allowed to play against us when we meet Dover at the end of March? Or is there usually something in the loan deal saying he can't play against us? Just wondering ...

pez
pez (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 16:46
Alabi must be doing something right if Dover want to keep him?

Dover are no mugs and unless they've got his services for free then I can see no reason for them wanting to keep him there?

Maybe he's doing a lot of donkey work and allowing others to get space in and around the box? He's certainly not banging in many goals for them.

My concern is Jennings and Clarke going, but I believe Clarke will remain here on loan until the end of the season.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 20:23
The loan hasn’t been extended, it was reported by Dover as being until the end of the season when he signed. Their has been no announcement from either club about it, I just read the one line on the report about our loan players on the official site.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 01:07
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge
Will he be allowed to play against us when we meet Dover at the end of March? Or is there usually something in the loan deal saying he can't play against us? Just wondering ...

Such stipulations can be made but they are not mandatory, so if the player has no such stipulation inserted into the loan agreement, then playing against the parent club cannot be prevented apart from suspension, injury, custodial sentencing, termination of the loan prior to said game, or if there is a recall clause and it's activated.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 06:51
Quote:
mini_andy
The loan hasn’t been extended, it was reported by Dover as being until the end of the season when he signed. Their has been no announcement from either club about it, I just read the one line on the report about our loan players on the official site.
Correct Andy I remember that Dover quoted year end - from our side we said January which was commented on at the time as to why the difference? ... the one line in our press news said Alabi had extended his loan rather than we had extended the loan which makes me wonder whether the only discrepancy was between the two was if Alabi only agreed to go out on loan to Dover for the whole season if he had the option to return in January? Might be overthinking too much on that one mind you with all this "fake news" appearing everywhere in the presssmiling smiley Either way at least this season his wage bill is at least partially covered which helps.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 08:24
Great news .Ebbsfleet have agreed with TRFC and Alabi to sign him on a permanent basis .Wonder what they will pay us ? We can then pay Chester what we owe them

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 08:24
Great news .Ebbsfleet have agreed with TRFC and Alabi to sign him on a permanent basis .Wonder what they will pay us ? We can then pay Chester what we owe them

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 09:23
Just seen that. Another one off the books. It’s like a mass clearout!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 09:51
[quote mini_andy]Just seen that. Another one off the books. It’s like a mass clearout![/quote

Looks like we're getting ready to bring new blood new or we're broke and are heading for a downfall on the financial front.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 10:13
Alabi never set the world alight at Dover and and now we have a 3rd GK wages to pay for my guess is that Alabis name was passed around the NL clubs to see if anyone wanted him to get him off the books. I think this benefits Dover too as he has been as rubbish for them as he was for us. He is one of the most timid players I have ever seen wear a TRFC shirt and there really is no room for that in this league.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 17:37
Good luck to the lad, played in the wrong role for me when he was played.

Hopefully he'll find some form from somewhere (just aslong as it's not in an away shirt at PP).

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:08
Did alabi get much of a chance at rovers i dont think so and whats happend to george waring ?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:13
Heard we’ve agreed terms with Ebbsfleet for him, it’s being held up as we have yet to play Chester, should go through by end of today/tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 18:18 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:42
Quote:
goosed
Did alabi get much of a chance at rovers i dont think so and whats happend to george waring ?

Have to agree re: Alabi. Remind me how many minutes he played for us before the hangman's noose was drawn.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:48
We play Ebbsfleet at Home 3rd March, sods law he will score.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:24
From the first game against Torquay he looked dire and he did not last long in the Dover first team. His relatively low time spent on the pitch was because his contribution when playing was zero.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:39
Thought Alabi played okay at Bromley. Waring remains a complete mystery. Whether players, including them, weren't good enough or weren't given a fair chance, there have been far too many players in and out this season. Our summer recruitment was shambolic.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:52
Quote:
HardlyYardley
Thought Alabi played okay at Bromley. Waring remains a complete mystery. Whether players, including them, weren't good enough or weren't given a fair chance, there have been far too many players in and out this season. Our summer recruitment was shambolic.
+1

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 20:35
Not sure how true this is but apparently Chester value him around £70k and us around £15k, still awaiting FA tribune as we couldn’t agree common ground.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 20:44
Why has the tribunal taken so long to make a decision? it is hardly fair on either side!

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 20:50
What an utter waste of time our summer signings have been.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 21:07
I guess at our level and the lack of money involved then you really are sieving through the mother of rivers of silt to find the smallest of Gold nuggets. Now and again you get a few fat or odd shaped ones if your lucky though. Like Buxton or Cook.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 21:32
Club's with smaller budget's than us manage to find good player's

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 21:43
Quote:
Old Rover
Club's with smaller budget's than us manage to find good player's

They must know where to look.

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 22:46
Alabi could be on his way to Ebbsfleet [c.newsnow.co.uk]

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 23:06
Quote:
martyd12
Why has the tribunal taken so long to make a decision? it is hardly fair on either side!

How would this work out?

Ebbsfleet: how much do you want for Alabi?
Us: ermmmmm not sure, we need to pay for him yet, so that willl dictate what we want to sell him for.......
Ebbsfleet: ok, how about £15k? We want to move quickly.
Us: sure, done deal!

1 week later:
Tribunal: Tranmere, you must pay Chester £30k plus a 10% sell on.
Us: oh @#$%&, it’s like Wirral live all over again!

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 17:05
Alabi not going to eggsfeet they can't afford him apprantly

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 19:04
That's a pity because nor can we. At any price he is a waste of Money. Coleman is a good judge of talent and he let him go from Accrington

Jack of all Trades

11 January, 2018 19:33
Didn't know he had been at Accrington before Chester.

John Coleman is generally a good judge of players, he has had to be over the years.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 20:14
To be fair to him he does have talent but only when playing for a weaker team that has to try to hit on the break.

Going forward with the ball at his feet he looked dangerous in his glimpses for us.

Back to goal and trying to hold and play others in he couldn't trap a bag of sand.

Can't we introduce to Ebbsfleet people to the Chester people and pretend it never happened?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 21:46
Dover have been playing him out wide on the right apparently so no wonder it hasn't worked out for him. Ebbsfleet want to play him up front so you can see why the move is being talked about. I think he's got ability in him but doubt we'll ever see it in a Rovers shirt.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 00:00
Nobody scores 17 goals in a season by being a total pranny, but for some it has to be the right set of circumstances, or it doesn't pan out as you'd hope.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 18:15
So what is he up to now? He tries to get a contract with Ebbsfleet without Dover's knowledge and then goes absent from training? At this rate he will be back with us with neither Kent club wanting him.
I feel sorry for the lad and shows the difficulties when there has been no resolution by the tribunal!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 18:33
Prob should give him another go here with Cook out..

Jack of all Trades

14 January, 2018 18:53
Waring IMO deserves a chance first.

Could anyone confirm is Cooky missing just the Maidenhead game?

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 19:04
It should be just the one match as it is 2 yellow cards and not a straight red!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 19:16
Not convinced that either Waring or Alabi are the answer but, to be fair to them, they've only ever played for us when we were creating nothing for the forwards. Waring would probably be the better prepared of the two to step back in - he's match fit and, like Cookie, is a target man so wouldn't disrupt the approach of the team too much.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:00
Not good enough, I’d go with Cole or Kirby up top for the next game.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:35
You may be right that they're not good enough but Cole and Kirby aren't strikers. Cole seemed to do a hamstring yesterday as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Ginnelly started on the right wing next week, which might mean Waring coming in as a target man.

micky02
micky02 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:57
connor jennings upfront with ginnelly on wing thats what id go for

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 21:13
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
You may be right that they're not good enough but Cole and Kirby aren't strikers. Cole seemed to do a hamstring yesterday as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Ginnelly started on the right wing next week, which might mean Waring coming in as a target man.

Kirby is the best natural goalscorer at the club.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 22:06
To end all speculation one way or the other you think the club would give an update on the latest news.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 09:23
[www.kentonline.co.uk]

I have to say it’s all a bit emabarrasing and un-professional on our part, Kinnear saying Alabi is no longer their player, Mickey saying that he is still a Dover player, Ebbsfleet releasing a comment he’s a done deal.

If we’ve entered into dialogue with Ebbsfleet, Dover should have been told the minute an offer was made and before we responded. Micky would be in uproar if we had a player in season long loan only to have him not turn up for training one day and be seen up the road at Wrexham.

We haven’t even paid for the fella yet, again imagine the uproar in a reverse scenario. Yes money may be short but likewise for Chester, Palios needs to pick the phone up and sort out a deal for Alabi this week IMO.

I do think we have a superior attitude towards this league, despite the fact at no point have we set the place on fire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2018 09:25 by Higgosboots.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 10:13
There's nothing at all in that link to suggest we're unprofessional and have a superior attitude. There's clearly been crossed wires and communication breakdowns somewhere down the line but let's wait and see the facts before we start using it as yet another excuse to needlessly slag off our club.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 11:35
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
There's nothing at all in that link to suggest we're unprofessional and have a superior attitude. There's clearly been crossed wires and communication breakdowns somewhere down the line but let's wait and see the facts before we start using it as yet another excuse to needlessly slag off our club.

What about Dover being unaware of the approach?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 14:05
Crossed wire equals cock up on our part as the club holding his registration. On the other hand Dover may have needed very little reason to happily send him back. He has been a poor signing and I do not see that changing. If our budget is as bad as some suggest every two year contract that was a mistake ends up being a lot to carry. We have quite a few of those on our books

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 15:42
What quite a few are you referring to Devonexile?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 16:59
Quote:
DevonExile
Crossed wire equals cock up on our part as the club holding his registration.

That's a massive leap and one which can easily be wrong. Ebbsfleet jump the gun announcing the imminent transfer - Tranmere's fault? Player doesn't turn up for work at Dover - Tranmere's fault? Etc etc. In these kind of situations there's often an agent or advisor muddying the waters somewhere but let's just wait and hear the facts before automatically donning the sackcloth and ashes.

But this has been an odd one ever since we first shifted him out just months after signing him, then the uncertainty over where it was for the season (Dover's words) or January (our words), and the tribunal still not setting a fee (how long can it take??).

Either way, the lad himself seems in a far worse position now than when he decided to leave Chester, and hopefully there'll be an outcome very soon that suits all parties.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 19:33
Did he turn up here for training today? Or Dover? Or Ebbsfleet? Or did he not bother or throw in a triple sickie?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 07:59
He was obviously shipped out in an attempt to reduce the compensation we would have to pay.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 19:11
Deal deffo off

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 19:18
So where is he!? Is he back at Rovers? It seems there are 4 clubs who may lay claim to him. Isn't it about time the whole mystery was resolved. Surely the poor lad deserves to know what is happening!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 20:39
Quote:
martyd12
So where is he!? Is he back at Rovers? It seems there are 4 clubs who may lay claim to him. Isn't it about time the whole mystery was resolved. Surely the poor lad deserves to know what is happening!

Pal down South said he has left Dover, he told them he was signing for Ebbsfleet and that was that. We hold his registration and he’s contracted to us so presumably we are paying his full wage again. Get the impression he’s finished here though given MM said “He’s sought after in the NL but it didn’t work out for him here”. Perhaps we will terminate his contract?

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 21:21
Apparently Ebbsfleet have decided they don't want him and therefore he will have to come back here and if we cancel his contract we will still owe Chester money!!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 21:39
Quote:
martyd12
Apparently Ebbsfleet have decided they don't want him and therefore he will have to come back here and if we cancel his contract we will still owe Chester money!!

Our next home match is against Ebbsfleet. It will be interesting to hear what their manager [if asked] would say about it.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 21:44
erm... Chester are in trouble and could do with a striker... The lad has potential when facing goal and that's not our style because teams sit back against us. Chester can only play counter-attack stuff... Pretend it never happened...Just saying.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 08:31
Quote:
Yiggsy
erm... Chester are in trouble and could do with a striker... The lad has potential when facing goal and that's not our style because teams sit back against us. Chester can only play counter-attack stuff... Pretend it never happened...Just saying.

Chester need the money more, they are in dire trouble

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 08:39
Loan him back to chester with a clause hes not to play against us. His goals may take points off our rivals

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

21 January, 2018 10:18
Quote:
the kav
Loan him back to chester with a clause hes not to play against us. His goals may take points off our rivals

Would be a shame if we have inadvertently sent Chester down by taking there star striker and not actually playing him ourselves wouldn’t it.

Jack of all Trades

21 January, 2018 11:01
According to my brother- in- law, it will take a lot more than Alabi to turn their season round.

He is already fearing it is too late to turn things around.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

25 January, 2018 23:50
Tribunal date set for 15th February. Be interesting to see how much he'll be valued at.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

25 January, 2018 23:55
Does anybody know where he is?Os he training At Rovers

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 00:18
MM said in his presser that he's a Dover player until the end of the season so he's with them.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 00:23
Quote:
rossb07
MM said in his presser that he's a Dover player until the end of the season so he's with them.

Oh, I thought Wigan wanted him 😆

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

26 January, 2018 17:23
They do buts it’s wigan rugby League let’s face it he is big enough but it begs the question how can you sign a player and not pay for him you either sign him or you don’t ,you pay the price agreed upon and it’s sorted .you can’t go to Curries and take a tv home to make sure it works and then pass it onto your uncle Stan to see if he might like it and try and work out who pays for the tv .as far as I can see Tranmere are liable because if they had not paid Chester the player was not theirs to move him on to Dover .so we will have to pay the tribunal money another bill out the coffers probably more than they should have paid Chester in the first place

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

27 January, 2018 16:56
Quote:
rossb07
Not in lineup or on bench....

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 19:49
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
rossb07
Not in lineup or on bench....
dover have said they will be welcoming James back into training on Mon, and will try and find the potential he no doubt has SOMEWHERE. !

efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 13:26
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
They do buts it’s wigan rugby League let’s face it he is big enough but it begs the question how can you sign a player and not pay for him you either sign him or you don’t ,you pay the price agreed upon and it’s sorted .you can’t go to Curries and take a tv home to make sure it works and then pass it onto your uncle Stan to see if he might like it and try and work out who pays for the tv .as far as I can see Tranmere are liable because if they had not paid Chester the player was not theirs to move him on to Dover .so we will have to pay the tribunal money another bill out the coffers probably more than they should have paid Chester in the first place
Awful Awful analogy. Alabi was out of contract with Chester so they didn't 'own' him anymore.He signed for Tranmere who then 'owned' him and can send him anywhere they like with his agreeance. If you go and get a TV from Curries, you have to pay them because they own it. We haven't stolen Alabi have we, Jeez!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

TV from curries? Wish Alabi could be as good out of the box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2018 20:33 by TranmereFan.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 20:24
With Alabi there is definitely a player in there going forward with the ball at his feet on the break. How can you score so many goals for Chester without having talent.

We don't play that way as we tend to dominate possession but on some occasions we could do with that ability.

Are we doing a sneaky by claiming he is no good to get the tribunal fee down?

Fiftyyearsarover

30 January, 2018 12:22
I hear what some people say we signed him and we can loan him out ,l get that but how can he be signed but not paid for why would Chester let him go without being paid especially the financial trouble there in ,there must be more to this than is known .i can’t see MP doing a deal then refusing to pay ,not his style ,it will all come out at the tribunal I suppose but it’s a puzzle the player must be really fed up

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 12:38
Chester didn't let him go, he walked after his contract was up and he wasn't their player. We signed him as a free agent, there is no transfer fee. There is a development fee, which reimburses Chester for some of the costs they spent on developing the lad, but the clubs couldn't agree on a figure so the tribunal will decide. No idea why it takes until February to get the tribunal sorted, mind.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 13:08
He was only at Chester for a year having come from Accrington so there would be only very moderate compensation if it was a development contribution.

efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 13:55
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I hear what some people say we signed him and we can loan him out ,l get that but how can he be signed but not paid for why would Chester let him go without being paid especially the financial trouble there in ,there must be more to this than is known .i can’t see MP doing a deal then refusing to pay ,not his style ,it will all come out at the tribunal I suppose but it’s a puzzle the player must be really fed up
I'm not quite sure you're getting the gist of this are you. You ask why would Chester let him go without being paid?! HE WAS OUT OF CONTRACT. He exercised his right to sign for whoever he chose. Chester didn't let him do anything, they had no choice.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

30 January, 2018 18:38
On a purely selfish Rovers note, we could with Chester being folded up before the end of the season as all the points people have taken against them get wiped off, same for Hartlepool, that would put us a point off top!!!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 09:54
Quote:
Higgosboots
On a purely selfish Rovers note, we could with Chester being folded up before the end of the season as all the points people have taken against them get wiped off, same for Hartlepool, that would put us a point off top!!!

We need to win this league with Honourable action by winning it not on the backs of others failing,on the other hand it's self preservation we have to get out of this damn League by some means.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/01/2018 09:57 by BELMONT.

Fiftyyearsarover

31 January, 2018 10:30
Ok guys .i did not realise he was out of contract now I get it .thank you

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 12:38
Has he become the Lord Lucan of football.Know one knows what he has done,where he is now or what he is doing and there is nothing but speculation about his worth. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the initial confusion the club holding his registration has done nothing to publicly clarify the situation

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

31 January, 2018 12:43
Seems quite bizarre given that Dover are supposedly pushing for promotion themselves. You would expect that they would have chosen a striker with a proven record.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net