football
Latest News:

pensbywhite60
pensbywhite60 (IP Logged)

Eddie Clarke to Wigan Connor Jennings to Bury !!
08 January, 2018 14:40
Rumours I hope are incorrect

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Eddie Clarke to Wigan Connor Jennings to Bury !!
08 January, 2018 15:34
really hope that's not true, they seem to have been our 2 best players recently.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:14
May as well just pack up the promotion push and head home till next season if true!

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:36
Maybe at the end of the season (I hope not even then) but, if they went now, it would clearly suggest that MP intends us to stay in this dreadful league.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:40
In Connors case would you really want to join Bury?

On their current form, they are very likely to be relegated to Division 2 at the end of the season. Personally, would not see this as positive move for him but, as ever, money talks.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 17:34
Its always going to happen when you're stuck in the N.L.

As long as we get a decent fee for both players and in Eddy's case insert a sell on clause,.

Can't see us getting promoted this season, so it was always going to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few offers for young Eddy before the Summer break.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 17:35
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
In Connors case would you really want to join Bury?
On their current form, they are very likely to be relegated to Division 2 at the end of the season. Personally, would not see this as positive move for him but, as ever, money talks.
Why not join Bury? Connor's contract is up at the end of the end of this season so why not take a punt on Bury if he gets a salary increase? He would be a free agent at the end of the season anyhow and if we do not go up will likely move on anyhow.
If he goes now even if they went down but he has a 2 year contract he would still be playing in L2 and has a degree of certainty.
Clarke was rumoured a while back to wigan- hope it's not the case but likely someone will come in for him at some point and as he is only on contract until season end he will almost certainly be snapped up in close season also.
On the positive side Alabi is staying with Dover until the year end which given his goal scoring to date suggests as was always rumoured that the original deal was for the season but we wanted to spin it differently.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 17:39
Always rumours. I heard eddie to wigan £75000 plus sell on .and loaned back to us rest of season.can't believe conor to bury same league as us nxt season.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 17:47
With regard to Connor or anyone else going to Bury,this comment is on their forum:-

It’s finally unravelling, as the Day financial instrument that is Bury FC just doesn’t work unless there is on-field success and (even then, it would have been doomed to fail as BFC could only ever attract c7500 fans in the Championship. This was perhaps the most obvious sign in respect of Day’s approach).

The Directors borrow money at very high borrowing rates, but as every pound “lent” to Bury FC attracts massively higher rates, it is apparently in the “Directors” direct financial interest to rack up as much debt as possible against the club. Hence the silly multiple signings, wages etc etc

Apparently, every fan appears is handing hard-earned cash to the “Directors” and the club gets deeper into debt on a daily basis. The higher the debt, the higher the payments owed to the “Directors” ?

Meanwhile, the club approaches bankruptcy. The sale of Gigg Lane will not cover the debt. Directors walk away. Goodness knows how much cash might be stripped as the instrument unravels.

The “Directors” should walk now - rather than continuing to rack up debt that can’t be paid. The squad should be honed right back and preparation should be put in place for League 2 survival. If not, there will probably be no Bury FC beyond 2018/19. Its already a car crash and one suspects a new club, “Bury 2019” will need to be created in any case. However, Lucketti (and a returned Brass) & 3,000 fans might just keep a Bury team in the League.

Sad it’s taken this long for the average Shakers fan to realise the harm being inflicted - the details were exposed a couple of years ago in a national newspaper when Day did the earlier “deals” for BFC to pay him at shocking 100% plus interest rates - but the fans just support the team, and they expect nothing other than Directors to act in the best interests of a 133 year old club.

Fortunately, everything comes out in the end. Just ask Owen and Karl Oyston.

UTS

If I were a player,I'd go nowhere near the place.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 18:12
Heard the rumour about Clarke a few weeks back, hopefully there’s nothing in the Jennings rumour. That said MP was on TV this morning, didn’t look particularly well TBF.

If it is true we are here for the duration, part of parcel of being in this league I suppose. In the plus side if they do go along with Mangan it may pave the way for DMH and Banks to return on a permanent basis which wouldn’t be a bad nit of business in fairness.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 18:21
Thanks Hoots,Scary if true.
Clarke Rumour is more believable as Wigan are doing well and already have Max and probably have championship parachute money so 75000 is a spit.
I thought Connor was happy in his interviews enough to not jump ship easily but if we don’t get promoted then we could lose more than Connor unless the koumas ethic of going on a fee not a free happened

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 19:06
Can’t see bury signing anyone, they’re more broke then us!

I have heard about Clarke though, but he’s being loaned back to us for the rest of the season apparently.

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 23:40
Quote:
Loyden1
Always rumours. I heard eddie to wigan £75000 plus sell on .and loaned back to us rest of season.can't believe conor to bury same league as us nxt season.
Nooooooh bury will be in league 2

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 23:55
Quote:
Loyden1
Nooooooh bury will be in league 2

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 23:59
Quote:
Loyden1

That'd be a good deal for Eddie and for us. At the rate he's progressing he'd be off in the summer anyway so to get a proper fee now, with add-ons, and still have him for this season would be the best of both worlds.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 00:13
If Clarke goes then we should promote Drysdale to at least the bench.What happened to Duggan.He was injured then did he get loaned out again without me paying attention

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 11:12
Quote:
bheadlad
If Clarke goes then we should promote Drysdale to at least the bench.What happened to Duggan.He was injured then did he get loaned out again without me paying attention
As far as I know he was injured in the same match as Hughes, don't know how bad the injury was , but potentially he is only coming back to fitness now. I don't recall seeing anything about him going out on loan.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 15:22
We are a selling club, if its true about Eddie then good luck to him, he has bags of potential and could give us the financial boost required to bring Banks back.
Rides at left back, Ben to come back into the team, Wallace back fit, we have plenty of options so I wouldn't worry too much about Eddie going.
Connor to Bury, don't make me laugh!

Owainsleftglove
Owainsleftglove (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 16:34
Connor deal all but done I've heard ...gutted

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 16:45
Like Tollitt, you knew after 5 minutes that Clarke would be destined for greater things.
If Jennings is going to Bury, we need to make sure that they pay cash.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 17:06
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

Heard from whom?

Connor on his own twitter account-last comment was ''time to push on to the end of the season''-that was last Friday.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 17:14
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

Read the thread ''Days numbered...'' on the Bury fans forum

Pablosammy
Pablosammy (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 18:09
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

Read the thread ''Days numbered...'' on the Bury fans forum

I couldn't help thinking (along with countless others) that when they were spending, spending, spending on their Championship mission... when they were gloating at Prenton Park... when they were trying to convince people how sustainable it all was... that it was all going to end in tears.

But hey, what did we know?

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 18:31
Does anyone actually know or have any proof that is true in anyway. Not that I don't believe it, but I've not heard anything anywhere else.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 19:02
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

Heard from whom?

Connor on his own twitter account-last comment was ''time to push on to the end of the season''-that was last Friday.

Can’t read much into twitter, a lot happens in 24 hours, only needs an approach Monday morning, acceptance and then terms with player.

Hopefully it’s not in the cards though.

Owainsleftglove
Owainsleftglove (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 19:42
Can't quote my source but their on the inside...I hope there wrong ...sometimes things change.....Brentford also looking at clarke

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 20:30
I can’t see how Jennings could go to bury, they would have to buy him (albeit not for a lot) but they’re on the verge of bankruptcy (last I heard anyway?).

Maybe I just don’t want to believe it.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 20:36
Quote:
Owainsleftglove
Can't quote my source but their on the inside...I hope there wrong ...sometimes things change.....Brentford also looking at clarke

I hope these are the same sources that stated Cook was off to Wrexham 100% confirmed in the summer.

I don't buy too much into rumours unfortunately but if anything happens then so be it, i'll wish them well and have faith that we'll find either an ideal replacement or have some money on another position we may need cover in.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 20:56
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

On the inside of what? A dressing room? A jam jar? A prison cell? His right leg?

Have you read the ''Days numbered '' thread on their fans forum? Any player would be mad to go there in the current climate.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 21:17
Quote:
mini_andy
I can’t see how Jennings could go to bury, they would have to buy him (albeit not for a lot) but they’re on the verge of bankruptcy (last I heard anyway?).
Maybe I just don’t want to believe it.

That’s not the issue for them the Chairman is spending loads of dollar, but the problem is he is only lending it to the club at an inflated rate and is continuing to spend

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 21:52
I just don't see what the attraction of Bury would be. Obviously, they are currently a FL Division 1 club albeit, extremely unlikely to remain so.

A long duration contract and a wage increase would probably help but, Connor is out of contract at the end of the season and I would have thought better offers would be on the table if he continued scoring goals and performing well for us.

Lets not forget the possibility of FL Division 2 football with us and with FL revenue returning potentially a better contract?

It just seems so strange to me, are we really that desperate for cash?

The deal for Eddie makes more sense if true, very confused at the moment, must be my age!!!!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 21:55
It’s all getting a little concerning at PP, have we gone broke?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 22:33
Heard the eddie rumour but not the connor one . Need a big sell on clause for both , we are not going up this year so sadly it may be time to move a few big earners on who have had 3 chances to take us up but not succeeded

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 01:35
Quote:
Owainsleftglove
Can't quote my source but their on the inside

To be honest most people with "sources" could quote them anytime; it's not as if sources take gagging orders out on people they talk, to or make them sign non disclosure contracts forbidding the recipients from disclosing juicy tittle tattle.

If these people can't be quoted because it might get them into some bother, then why risk saying anything anyway, because it's not like being a grass where you bung them a couple of hundred to spill the beans on something, so they might risk their position and get nothing out of it by saying anything anyway.

Unless of course you have no source and you're peddling rumours to stem some boredom, but that's unlikely smiling smiley.

However were this deal to be true, then it could easily be coincidence and nothing more.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 11:58
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

To be honest most people with "sources" could quote them anytime; it's not as if sources take gagging orders out on people they talk, to or make them sign non disclosure contracts forbidding the recipients from disclosing juicy tittle tattle.

If these people can't be quoted because it might get them into some bother, then why risk saying anything anyway, because it's not like being a grass where you bung them a couple of hundred to spill the beans on something, so they might risk their position and get nothing out of it by saying anything anyway.

Unless of course you have no source and you're peddling rumours to stem some boredom, but that's unlikely smiling smiley.

However were this deal to be true, then it could easily be coincidence and nothing more.

over 90% of the 'rumours' on this site have turned out to be untrue. Sources never apologise lol.

Mighty White
Mighty White (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 14:43
Quote:
TranmereFan

I thought everyone knew, we are broke, we need promotion this season.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:09
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Owainsleftglove

Or if the person publicises on here who their mate is, that person will just not speak to them again.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:32
Quote:
Mighty White
Quote:
TranmereFan

I thought everyone knew, we are broke, we need promotion this season.

I was told in July “The situation at Rovers is not good money wise” that was from a good source. Heard players hadn’t been paid in August, 3rd hand info from an unknown source. Then heard that certain coaching staff had been told if we don’t go up you need to find a new job, from a good source. Also aware of two other situations I won’t refer to; one which affected budget following Wirral Live, it’s a cert and will come out at some point. The other was not club related as such but would make sense in what is happening at the moment and worrying for those affected, 3rd hand from an unknown source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 18:38 by Higgosboots.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:00
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash?

Must be due another Fowler takeover rumour? We've not had one of those in a while.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:08
Quote:
pez
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash?
Must be due another Fowler takeover rumour? We've not had one of those in a while.

He was seen in the club car park carrier bag in tow, sunglasses and hat carrying a massive sack of money.

I would think in relation to both these players any deals would have been released. Wigan couldn’t have signed Clarke until the window opened, they signed a couple of layers already and released a press/twitter release. Bury have played 2 games this week and the manager has made no reference to new signings being imminent they may have enquiry but virtually every team in L1 & 2 will be making approaches for any striker who may have scored a goal as there are so few available and they are all after a striker. Can’t see why Wigan would waste time in January doing a deal for Clarke who they aren’t going to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 19:14 by Higgosboots.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 19:18
Repeat a rumour often enough and everyone has heard it. The provenance however is no better than when first heard

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 22:36
I think the only sources some people should pay any heed to is whether they want any HP or Daddys for breakfast with their loopy pills.

Frankly if I were some people on here I'd stop listening to people who act "sourcey" as they often proved to be damper than a wet firework.

I wonder how many times I could tell people Toni Gomes and Rhian Brewster were being loaned from Liverpool, before people said it was happening.

Maybe I could convince people that Tranmere will use the Alabi money to get Hulk cut price.

What's the minimum one must attain in the eyes of others to be classed as a source?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 23:39
To be fair that source sounds like they are full if @#$%&

pez
pez (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 12:31
We are always going to receive bids for our best players, that's football.

We are not privvy to the full financial picture at the club, so I would imagine that if we need to cash in, then we will.

We started this campaign with big hopes and made it clear we were going for promotion.

As it currently stands, we could still achieve that, however, if we sell off the crown Jewell's in this window, then we can probably assume well be a N.L club for the next few years.

Its OK selling players to ensure financial stability, but let's be honest, the money well receive will be a pittance and will be gone in no time.

Seems to be lots of departures but no arrivals which is concerning even the most optimistic fans.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 13:29
The only one that have gone who are excess to club requirements .Alabi apparently going to Ebbsfleet is the only player hopefully gone for a fee (which we have not paid Chester for) .All others were loanees as far as i am aware

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 14:23
According to MM today, not aware of any interest from Wigan in Clarke at the moment.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 15:20
Article in the ECHO by Clarke saying if an offer came in for him he is sure that TRFC would not decline it .Does he now we are bust as well ?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 15:45
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
According to MM today, not aware of any interest from Wigan in Clarke at the moment.

I remember John Aldridge saying that about Kenny Irons when the club sold him to Huddersfield prior to a televised F.A Cup game at P.P. lol.

Here's hoping its Micky's decision to make, but somehow I think hell be sold if a decent offer comes in for him.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 16:58
Quote:
dicko111
Article in the ECHO by Clarke saying if an offer came in for him he is sure that TRFC would not decline it .Does he now we are bust as well ?

It actually says if an offer comes in that's big enough we wouldn't decline it. Same as we've always done with our young players who are destined for bigger things.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 19:09
The ultimate irony would be if we sold Clarke for a fee lower than that which we have to pay Chester for Alabi. I can live with be a selling club but would feel very uncomfortable if good home grown talent was being sold to cover poor decisions about signings and contracts

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 19:16
Agreed

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 23:59
Fast Eddie Clarke has gone...not the Rovers one but the original guitarist from Motorhead, Fast Eddie Clarke who died yesterday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net