football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Current Form Table
02 January, 2018 14:12
Current form of the top 7 teams in the table for the past 5 games..

1. Macclesfield- W D W W W

2. Aldershot- L D W D W

3. Sutton- L L W L D

4. Dover- W D D D D

5. Wrexham- W L D D D

6. Bromley- D D L W W

7. Tranmere- W W W W L

looking at the five teams that are directly above Rovers in the table, they have collectively played a total of 25 games and only 7 wins within those 25 games, really sums up the strangeness of this season so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 14:14 by hong kong rover.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Current Form Table
02 January, 2018 16:55
Quote:
hong kong rover
Current form of the top 7 teams in the table for the past 5 games..
1. Macclesfield- W D W W W

2. Aldershot- L D W D W

3. Sutton- L L W L D

4. Dover- W D D D D

5. Wrexham- W L D D D

6. Bromley- D D L W W

7. Tranmere- W W W W L

looking at the five teams that are directly above Rovers in the table, they have collectively played a total of 25 games and only 7 wins within those 25 games, really sums up the strangeness of this season so far.

It's the one at the top that's the problem.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 18:35
For the first time this season somebody has opened up a bit of a gap at the top. They're now there to be shot at, like Lincoln were last season, so it'll be interesting to see how they cope. I suspect they're nowhere near the level Lincoln were at last season, though admittedly I haven't seen them this season. Plus they've a small squad and teams like that usually fade a bit in the second half of the season.

Of course, many said the same kind of things about Leicester!!

Full respect to them for what they've done so far but, for now, I'm more bothered about what we do than what they do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 18:36 by Aldo'smuzzy.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 22:33
To be fair to Macclesfield, they’re in better form then us, and lost some of their best players last season, so fair play to them.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 10:18
Quote:
mini_andy
To be fair to Macclesfield, they’re in better form then us, and lost some of their best players last season, so fair play to them.

+1 I agree andy. They lost rowe to ipswich n norburn to rovers and have done well so far this season.. I think a good acquisition to their squad in the pre season was the keeper they got from wrexham. From what ive seen of jalal I reckon he is quite a decent keeper. I think maccs unsung hero is the veteran whitaker. Hope they start dropping points soon though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 10:34 by hong kong rover.

terribletid
terribletid (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 11:18
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
mini_andy

+1 I agree andy. They lost rowe to ipswich n norburn to rovers and have done well so far this season.. I think a good acquisition to their squad in the pre season was the keeper they got from wrexham. From what ive seen of jalal I reckon he is quite a decent keeper. I think maccs unsung hero is the veteran whitaker. Hope they start dropping points soon though.

Well I remember seeing Jalal play for Bournemouth against Tranmere at least once and he was one of the worst keepers I've ever seen. He must have found his level over the years...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net