football
Latest News:

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

Next up: Fylde (A)
01 January, 2018 11:49
Not even the annoyance of Jools Holland bringing the new year in can affect my confidence and all round good feelings about us at the moment. The deluge of games recently mean that a lot of the analysis of our current position has already been done so I won't go over it all again. Suffice to say that we are doing lots of things right at the moment and we are getting our just rewards.

It's also both heartwarming and confidence boosting to see a message from Mark and Nicola as we head into a pivotal month. I feel that it shows they have their fingers well and truly on the pulse and know exactly what needs to be done to take us forward and ensure sustainability. Clearly there is a bit of 'positive stroking' going on as well but it's their job to accentuate the positives and tell the fans how amazing they are. Lots of owners don't do messages to the fans so we are fortunate to have this regular communication with the top.

The first game that faces us in 2018 is a tough reverse fixture against AFC Fylde but it is one that we should be aiming to win. They have some pace in the team as well as a very good striker in Danny Rowe so we will have to deal with these threats. But I honestly think that it's all about us now and what we do, and I think opposition managers are very aware of the multiple threats that Tranmere Rovers pose.

So let's just have a simple mantra (that can start to day) which is to win every game we play. If we take this outlook into every fixture, promotion will be achieved.

I am looking forward to 2018 Jools, and it's not because of you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 18:33 by mini_andy.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Next up: Fylde (A)
01 January, 2018 12:22
If I were Mellon Head and the league phoned offering a point not to travel I would definatley consider taking it an running, but that said the lads confidence must be high and we can definatley go there and win but equally a loss whilst it won’t do our league climbing a great service isn’t the end of the world and shouldnt harm our season, Fylde are a really good side and definite potential Champs next term and possibly Play off candidates this despite their lower standing at this stage.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 13:51
It's going to be a testing month. If we do well automatic promotion is a possibility.The large numbers of SWA at Fylde should be the catalyst for another win. I'm going for 1-2 simply because we can't score 4 in every match.Can we ?😃

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 14:38
Ridelagh in for Clarke which strikes me as strange unless he is carrying a slight niggle or it is felt he needs a rest...
Kirby not even on the subs bench which is a concern - really hope he has not suffered any reaction from his 10 minutes back...
Not that confident on the basis of that - would probably take a draw this afternoon and settle for 10 from 12 over the festive period....

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 14:52
cmon the rovers,,, aldershot have just gone 2-1 up at woking with a last min goal in the early game.. they also scored in the last min 2 days ago.

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 15:27
bloody hell 2 down

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 15:30
Don’t get the change at the back with Clark, they where all about the pace last week, I’m sure he could have played 90 minutes with a week between matches, don’t like this arguing I’m hearing on the radio, Doesn’t display the attitude of a confident team.

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 15:35
wtf 3 down

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 15:37
Cannot all be down to one personnel change. Oh well, first league blip fora while.

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 15:39
sounds like I am not the only one with a new year hangover, what is it, all at sea today? or all on the drink last night?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 15:42 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 15:49
would like to be a fly on the wall in the rovers dressing room at half time.. didnt sound at all good on the radio, arguing on the pitch, keeper changed..reckon there is gonna be some serious finger pointing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 15:51 by hong kong rover.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 15:51
What a disaster... Davies substituted as well with an apparent injury though sounds like he is at fault for 2 of the goals!
Apparently arguments everywhere, passes going backwards and booed off at half time! As 853OKG says surely Clarke not being in the starting 11 can't explain this... DMH being missed maybe also but surely Clarke must come on for the second half as if nothing else we need to try and protect the goal difference?

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 15:59
can we blame that first half performance on us having played 4 games in the past 9 or 10 days?????

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:02
Quote:
hong kong rover
can we blame that first half performance on us having played 4 games in the past 9 or 10 days?????

Hasn’t bothered Fylde, we were always going to get beat, they were fantastic at our place, really unlucky. IMO they are the best side in the division, they will win the playoffs! We just don’t need a hammering to hammer the confidence, defeat isn’t a bad result a hammering is.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:04
Quote:
hong kong rover
No. And I doubt we'll catch Macclesfield now.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:04
Quote:
hong kong rover
So have Fylde... anyhow Clarke on for Cole - interesting!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:06
If we win this from here we win the league!

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 16:08
Quote:
Higgosboots

bold statement higgo lol

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 16:12
omg four.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 16:13 by hong kong rover.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:15
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots

bold statement higgo lol

That’s as it’s a given we will lose! (Sm22)

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 16:19
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots

bold statement higgo lol

lol, weve clawed one back but when we went 4 down I had to check whether I was tuned into wirral radio or the goon show.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots

bold statement higgo lol

lol, weve clawed one back but when we went 4 down I had to check whether I was tuned into wirral radio or the goon show.

I’m only listening on the radio but to be fair to them they didn’t deserve to lose 4-1 to us last week, we played well but they played equally aswell, very very very good side, I feared we would get a shoeing today, can’t win every game, just a pity that Mac are winning too.

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 16:54
6-6 on aggregate, but we go thru on away goals lol

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:54
Horror show.

Macclesfield showing us how it’s done. To win the league , you need consistent form. They’ve got it, we haven’t

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:55
Meh, come on the playoffs, WEMBELEY!!!!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 16:59
I'm not saying dropping Clarke had anything to do with the result, but why do it. What did we expect to get from changing a winning formula. Thinking DMH may be a bigger miss than I hoped. O well should be home in an hour.

MESSAGES->author

01 January, 2018 17:07
Macc n Shots win today, other results at the top..

Maidstone 2-2 Dover,, Maidstone equalize in last min

Sutton 1-1 Borehamwood,, Borehamwood equalize in last min

Wrexham 3-3 Barrow,, Barrow equalize in last min.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 17:09
MoM award strikes again and it hasn’t even been awarded, maybe you just have to be in contention for the dreaded drop in form.

Can’t understand the changes, sounded like a lot of animosity out their. Wirral radio reckon Mangan going to Oldham, is that good for Banks staying here I wonder?

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 17:24
Listened on Wirral Radio today, having been to the last 3, it sounds like as a team we never really switched on, the only bright side today was that apart from Aldershot at Macc no one else around the playoffs won.I don't think any side will look forward to playing Fylde. Long chat with the team required by MM, but important to look at the last 5 results too.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 17:30
I wasn't able to go today or listen on the radio.

in the reverse fixture Fylde looked a useful side and expected a hard game but, we don't usually concede this many were we that bad?

Seem to recall losing 4-2 at Macc last Christmas with another large away following. Just a reality check or wake up call or worse?

With DMH we managed to contain their full back last two games(including today's) DMH is a big miss.

Fortunately, only Macc and Aldershot won today hopefully, back to normal service next week?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 18:21 by Jack of all Trades.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 18:10
I left after 70 mins, shocking. Even the first half I went for a cuppa at 35 minutes and didn't get served until the second half.

The linesman had a stinker, the weather was horrible and there was a definite missing drive with rides back.

The weather did play a part but both sides had it. Hoping it was a blip but they weren't great, their defence flopped a fair bit but we didn't have a cat amongst the pigeons.

Playoffs it is.

Jack of all Trades

01 January, 2018 18:29
The match report suggests Scotty to blame for at least two goals and subbed?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 18:30
Bad half of football which we were punished for. Cant blame davies first was a reaction save which was tapped in by rowe, second norburn gave posession away and the third ridehalgh dived in and the winger skipped past him.

We have been playing superbly with wingers the last few months yet we go with no width today bizarre

Jack of all Trades

01 January, 2018 18:41
It was noticeable against Guiseley how we were less effective with Larnall Cole, he played well enough but not as good as DMH in that position.

Defensively Eddie still has a lot to learn but, IMO, is as good as Liam. We benefit by has effective wing back play which, puts our opponents under pressure and relieves the defence.

Was MM trying to be too clever with the team selection today?

If it's not broken why change it?

Even allowing for the weather and an anticipated hard return game never expected to concede five.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 19:21 by Jack of all Trades.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 18:55
Agree with Jack. If it's not broken don't try to fix. I don't think that Clarke is as good as rides at defending, but we are winning by not defending and pushing forward. Every team we play will know that EC is going to get down the wing at a great rate of nots, so they won't commit. If we are looking for a draw, then yes go with rides. Our kids just said that Wirral radio had a go at us fans when Scott went off, we were cheering him for going off. Well sorry Wirral radio you got it wrong, myself and all around me clapped him off as the true pro he is.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 18:57
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Ruptured his groin, he'll be out for a while.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 19:02
Funny the unwritten no criticism rule; an example being a few fans who were vociferous in their response to anyone who was critical at the game today,yet left ten minutes before the end; 14 minutes if you include the added time (I'm sure they'll view themselves as "proper" supporters). I'm not going to be fluffy about our performance, we were dire in the first half today and only one team were up for a battle; our pretty football didn't work and we were left wanting. A slight improvement second half, but we couldn't be any worse. On the subject of Davies, many were blaming him for at least two of the goals and if parrying the ball straight back in front of him on two occasions is okay, then he's not to blame. Fylde are an average side in an average league, but definitely had more grit and determination than us today. A massive reality check, hard to take, but I do have confidence that we will learn from it and move on. Having said that, people will only learn if they accept their performance was under par and indeed, that mistakes were made. Brought a wry smile to my face when the Fylde fans chanted "You're getting beat by a pub team". Banks goal was a cracker (had to finish on a positive!)

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 19:02
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Scotty apparently has a ruptured groin-the pummelling and trampling he got from Montrose and Rowe early on wouldn't have helped. But he also was seen to look ill before the game,so perhaps he shouldn't have started. At least four of the goals were mistakes/preventable[the fourth one I'm not sure about as it was a header from a free kick down the other end] The first one was scored by Rowe's knee. Banks' goal was the best one but it was far too late then.

Jack of all Trades

01 January, 2018 19:35
Whilst our overall improvement has been a joy to watch particularly at home, it is our away form which gives me most concern this season.

The last two seasons, we have been very good away from home this season we have been mediocre at best. Our early season away form was poor and even writing off today's performance as a one off, we simply do not appear as effective away from home.

Whether this is tactics or personnel I don't know. Home form should remain consistently good but, away, we still require a significant improvement to consolidate at least a playoff position.

P13 W3 D5 L5 F12 A15

I think we lost 3 games away in each of the last two seasons?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 19:37
Our winning streak had to come to an end at some point, and I would rather it was against a team below us. We’re still in this race!

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 19:53
Dire performance today , indeed it did look like they were all out on the lash last night . So frustrating to watch , balls played into spaces with no-one there , long balls up to Cook time and time again , passes going direct to white shirts or going out of play , no urgency or cohesion . Don't honestly know what the reason was - we just didn't turn up ( Bit like Wembley ) . The pitch was the same for both , the weather , the officials . Let's just put it down to a bad day at the office , learn from it and move on . I'm sure most of us would have taken 9 points out of 12 over the holiday period . We're still in it .

Jack of all Trades

01 January, 2018 20:00
Quite right 9 from 12 is a good return. Hopefully it is a one off and normal service will be resumed at Barrow.

Whilst Luke Pilling is a decent replacement from Scotty, it leaves us light in the goalkeeping department. Do we know how bad it is (rupture sounds very bad and potentially rest of the season?)

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 20:05
Micky makes some odd decisions sometimes, I feel as though he thinks he has to do something to justify either his wages or keep people on their toes, he’s like a poor mans Benitez, as someone above says overthinks it sometimes. Clarke should never have been dropped, even if he is struggling (which by the by he isn’t the way he ran up that wing on Saturday)and if he is play him today and give him the week off trainin. Perosnally I just think MM bottled it, “Oh it’s a big game can’t play an academy kid, need Rides in to cope with their width”. I’m very much a fan of MM but I fancy he bottled the play off final aswell in his team selection selecting Mangan for example and that’s worrying as it will defo be passed onto the players on the pitch during preparation.

Not over by a long shot another 5 from 6 and we’ll be right up with Mac but today would have sent a really big message if we could have took 3 points, would have climbed right up with other results.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 20:13
Why change a winning side ? We spent most of the first half lumping the high ball up front.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 20:16
Quote:
Phil65
Funny the unwritten no criticism rule; an example being a few fans who were vociferous in their response to anyone who was critical at the game today,yet left ten minutes before the end; 14 minutes if you include the added time (I'm sure they'll view themselves as "proper" supporters). I'm not going to be fluffy about our performance, we were dire in the first half today and only one team were up for a battle; our pretty football didn't work and we were left wanting. A slight improvement second half, but we couldn't be any worse. On the subject of Davies, many were blaming him for at least two of the goals and if parrying the ball straight back in front of him on two occasions is okay, then he's not to blame. Fylde are an average side in an average league, but definitely had more grit and determination than us today. A massive reality check, hard to take, but I do have confidence that we will learn from it and move on. Having said that, people will only learn if they accept their performance was under par and indeed, that mistakes were made. Brought a wry smile to my face when the Fylde fans chanted "You're getting beat by a pub team". Banks goal was a cracker (had to finish on a positive!)

Phil, not sure what u are saying in your first couple of lines, but it appears you are doing a bit of fan bashing. Just because some departed early. Why when the support has been superb for a long while have a few started posting about missing posters and how they should stay away. If you want a forum for kiss ass, they start a Trfc love in. If you want true fans view, expect thing you may not like.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 20:26
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Quite right 9 from 12 is a good return. Hopefully it is a one off and normal service will be resumed at Barrow.

Whilst Luke Pilling is a decent replacement from Scotty, it leaves us light in the goalkeeping department. Do we know how bad it is (rupture sounds very bad and potentially rest of the season?)

Ruptured groin is a posh way of saying groin strain, it’s like a hamstring graded 1-3 1 being a minor strain, 3 being a complete or almost complete tear or rupture. I very much doubt that they could diagnose a 3 at the ground this usually requires a scan, unless Fylde have an MRI, sonar, x-ray or the like and allowed us to use it which I doubt on all counts.

Recovery is generally 4-6 weeks before training can commence, surgery may be required for a grade 3 which doesn’t really alter the recovery time if undertaken in the first week. He will likely go for a scan in the morning, unless this was a pre-match injury or long term health issue which would lead them to think it was a 3. If it was a pre Match injury pretty stupid to play him will only end one way.

Very much doubt this type of injury would occur from a kick or stamp as suggested above.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 20:28
A poor result for sure, but Tranmere could potentially get back in it, by beating Macclesfield in the forthcoming fixture and winning the game in hand and teams do win leagues without being unbeaten, so I wouldn't say the result writes Tranmere off for the title, but a couple of defeats on the back of this could potentially kill it off for good, so bouncing back with 2-3 wins is a must.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 20:43
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65

Phil, not sure what u are saying in your first couple of lines, but it appears you are doing a bit of fan bashing. Just because some departed early. Why when the support has been superb for a long while have a few started posting about missing posters and how they should stay away. If you want a forum for kiss ass, they start a Trfc love in. If you want true fans view, expect thing you may not like.

Steady on aktrfc, you're completely missing my point; I suggest you read it again or perhaps I should be less cryptic. By the way, what are true fans? I like to think I'm honest and the least kiss ass person. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early today and am happy to accept people voting with their feet; just had a pop at the few mouthy kiss asses stood close to me who hypocritically left early today after berating anyone else who said or did anything they perceived as being negative. Hope that's clearer; no offence intended. We deserved better today, but to be fair, we have been spoilt of late.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 21:13
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Scotty's injury needs to be properly assessed, it could be 4-6 weeks minimum, probably time to look for a GK as cover for Pilling.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 22:33
Could not make the game at Fylde, and tuned on to find us 1-4 down, Horrible, something had to have happened - initially I thought it could be due to the weather, then I noted Ridehalgh had returned - bad error MM, he will not tackle and up against speedy, young forwards - well, I am only glad that McAlevey and Mangan didn't turn out too. Learn a lesson MM, if playing Davis injured? or otherwise seems to be like playing Tollitt on a heavy pitch on his return - it just spells disaster. Clarke should be prefered to Ridehalgh every time. MM has put a fine side out for the last several games and the results have been positive how one has to raise ye olde question of playing favourites again - IT DOES NOT WORK.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

01 January, 2018 23:28
mellon has to get us a winger tomorrow, where was kirby? We need to speak to our freinds in the football league and get someone like dmh who is coming to try and not just soak wages up, maybe chat to liverpool and see if they can help us .

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 01:00
Picking up on the winger issue raised by the kav, Cole was completely ineffective whilst he was on and played very central. Go figure.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 06:37
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65

Steady on aktrfc, you're completely missing my point; I suggest you read it again or perhaps I should be less cryptic. By the way, what are true fans? I like to think I'm honest and the least kiss ass person. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early today and am happy to accept people voting with their feet; just had a pop at the few mouthy kiss asses stood close to me who hypocritically left early today after berating anyone else who said or did anything they perceived as being negative. Hope that's clearer; no offence intended. We deserved better today, but to be fair, we have been spoilt of late.

No offence ment Phil, just couldn't work out what you were saying. When I use the term true fan, I mean any supporter who's not afraid to say what they think. We all see it different and I think this forum would be rubbish if we all just, as you put it kiss ass

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 06:58
Quote:
Phil65
Picking up on the winger issue raised by the kav, Cole was completely ineffective whilst he was on and played very central. Go figure.
Though in his post match interview he stated Cole played exactly in the same role as last game.... difference of course was that he had dropped Clarke which I find completely bizarre. It was noticeable also how in the post match interview MM completely avoided answering the question as to why Clarke had been dropped - easiest answer would have been he is a young lad needs a break - the only problem with that is after last game he had said Clarke has a great engine and definitely does not need a break! So why drop him? This is classic MM poor management in my book. Also how must Pilling be feeling today? Davies has an iffy game and then is injured so he gets on the pitch but MM states he has to think long and hard as to whether he will bring in someone on loan as he is just a kid! Not good.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 08:42
Three soft goals left us with a mountain that we never looked capable of climbing. Davies culpable for all three. He failed to gather a cross for the first leaving a simple tap (knee) in. He was statuesgue for the second; and elected to punch instead of catch for the third leading to another one yard tap in. Possibly a hint of offside about the first and third. And I thought that Banks was fouled in the lead up to the second. The first was also preceded by a series of refereeing gaffs, started by giving them a free kick when it was Norwood who was clearly fouled. After that we never managed to clear our lines and the first followed. Result nothing to do with the return of Rides - if 10 Clarkes were playing it would have made no difference. Just one of those days. Need to re boot and move on.
Again impressed by Fylde. The way they set up it looked like they had an extra man. Completely snuffed out our creative players. When Cookie missed that one on one you knew it wasn't going to be our day.
Soaked before the game, massive away following, and tonked on NYD, It was ever thus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 16:47 by roger mellie.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 09:14
I should have realised when I parked my car outside the church graveyard on the main road that it was tempting providence for the continuance of our winning run.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 09:43
Quote:
Hoots Mon
I should have realised when I parked my car outside the church graveyard on the main road that it was tempting providence for the continuance of our winning run.
Very funny Hoots!

MESSAGES->author

02 January, 2018 13:40
Quote:
Hoots Mon

lol

MESSAGES->author

02 January, 2018 13:50
have just been looking at maccs remaining fixtures and trying to work out the games where I think they could drop points. don't think it will be this coming saturday coz they are at home to solihull but their next game after that is away to fylde. their remaining home fixtures don't look difficult to me and they are good on their travels so lets hope for a drop in form at some point or a few injuries in their relatively small squad. a lot can still happen in the next 4 months and macc do have a habit of falling away in the 2nd half of the season.

Jack of all Trades

02 January, 2018 14:04
Macc have been probably the most consistent team so far with I think 9 away wins the backbone of their success.

Not so clever at home, it took a 90 minute equaliser against us and they have lost a couple.

Still have a nice cushion of 6 points?

All to play for, wasn't particularly impressed with either Bromley or Ebbsfleet last night, both to play at home yet.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 16:11
Quote:
Hoots Mon
well we were dead and buried before half time. .let's hope we are resorected for the weekend.

MESSAGES->author

02 January, 2018 16:28
for anyone that is interested ( not many I would think ) yesterdays goals are on the club website, NOT GOOD VIEWING.. best cover your eyes or put a blindfold on for Fyldes 5th n final goal, all I will say about it is OMFG.

Wirral Mike
Wirral Mike (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 18:05
Did not go to Kirkham yesterday but massive respect to all those who did. Will not seek to comment on the match itself based on a radio commentary and will rightly defer to those who went and saw the game. It was however obvious to me even against lowly Guiseley that DMH is badly missed...maybe BT to come back and add some pace? And dropping - or 'resting'- Clarke denied us another outlet. One bad match should not determine a season but after our 'indifferent' (to be polite) start to the season we can't really afford any more serious blips or wobbles and the next two away games will tell us a lot about MM and the team. But it was not all doom and gloom yesterday as three of our rivals (Wrexham, Sutton and Dover) all conceded very late on to only draw their games and Dagenham could only manage a 0-0 with Orient. So still all to play for but it does like Macc are now putting some blue water between themselves and the rest of the pack. Another Wembley trip? And I am sure I am not alone in noticing that FGR might be back in the National League this time next year. Well, their chairman did say it would be easy for them to get out of League 2!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 19:08
Standard Birko or Liverpool night out was the reason. Can only laugh really. Other than that Eddie C better be back in the starting line up at Burton as he didn’t deserve to lose his place.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 19:13
Quote:
TranmereFan
Standard Birko or Liverpool night out was the reason. Can only laugh really. Other than that Eddie C better be back in the starting line up at Burton as he didn’t deserve to lose his place.

Burton????!!!!

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 19:14
Burton!?? so we have been promoted already! No more booze for you Tranmere Fan!!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 19:21
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Hoots Mon
well we were dead and buried before half time. .let's hope we are resorected for the weekend.

Your lucky hoots i was a good mile up the road past the cemetery and lord dud it rain

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 20:19
Quote:
martyd12
Burton!?? so we have been promoted already! No more booze for you Tranmere Fan!!

Hahahha, good spot, would look a bit of a @#$%& when I turn up there on Saturday! Haha. Thanks for the tip.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 23:53
Well Palios wants Tranmere to get back to the championship, so presumably with some Chinese influence the FA could allow Tranmere a triple promotion, if they come top or win the playoffs in May.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 10:22
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65

No offence ment Phil, just couldn't work out what you were saying. When I use the term true fan, I mean any supporter who's not afraid to say what they think. We all see it different and I think this forum would be rubbish if we all just, as you put it kiss ass

A true fan also gives praise when it is due. There have been some posters now absent who only ever criticised. And I am not referring to you or Phil.obviousky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 10:24 by 853OKG.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net