football
Latest News:

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

Next up: Solihull (A) Part 2
18 December, 2017 15:56
The frustration was there for all of us on Saturday with a rearranged game one of the worst possible scenarios to unfold.

But the twitter storm that followed was as equally hard to swallow as the postponement itself.

Solihull are not a pathetic excuse for a club nor are they a joke. In fact, they are punching way above their weight and may only be guilty of being promoted a level to far. The financial demands of meeting BT Sports television requirements alone must be hard to manage for the lower teams.

So I feel a bit sorry for them that they have faced the ignominy of a floodlight failure and I hope the game is played tonight without any interruptions.

Up the Rovers.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

Re: Next up: Solihull (A) Part 2
18 December, 2017 16:53
Everyone is entitled to their opinions so ive been told

Hampshire White
Hampshire White (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 17:54
I remember TRFC losing 1-0 against Peterborough when are floodlights failed, we won the rearranged match 6-0. And don't mention Swindon......

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 18:55
Swindle you mean lol

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 19:16
I’m going for 0-8 now

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 19:18
Was a swindle kav I was there both times as well .oh Hampshire white we got 7 in that posh game

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 19:59
1-0 down in the first six minutes. Not fussy about this cup.

Hampshire White
Hampshire White (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 20:04
Loyden1, thanks for the memory jog, I'm getting on a bit these days 🍻

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 20:09
We have a full strength side out so I would be disappointed if we lose to the bottom club

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 20:22
Now 2-0 penalty

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:00
Bit of a fookin joke really, play 45 minutes, gets called off, travel back home, virtually turn straight round and go back again, probably about 7 fans in the ground. Ridiculous scenario.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:17
Whatever the circumstances, it still sounds like a dismal performance. If we're not bothered about the cup, why play all the first team? If we play them all and lose to the bottom club it's because our first team is not good enough to beat them.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:19
Rovers sound dire on Wirral Radio. S M have never scored against us before!

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:28
Why isn't Harris playing, as he gives the midfield a bit of steel.

HardlyYardley

18 December, 2017 21:31
Quote:
jal jal
Why isn't Harris playing, as he gives the midfield a bit of steel.

He's been on for half an hour and it sounds like he's made no difference.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:38
Thanks I've been following the game on the Football Web Pages site and it hasn't indicated that there was any substitutions haveing been made.
Lost but at least it wasn't the league.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:40
Frankly I don't give a damn about the result. Attendance 215 says it all.

But not happy at Buxton being injured at the end when their guy got sent off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/12/2017 21:42 by Hoots Mon.

Team Spirit
Team Spirit (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:46
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Frankly I don't give a damn about the result. Attendance 215 says it all.

I do.

This was Solihull and is just another low to add to the list.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:55
The whole thing is a farce quite frankly, how a club at this level can have two floodlight failures in quick succession and have their first fixture postponed due to no safety certificate and apparently not be fined or punished for any of them.

Disappointed about the result, hopefully a one off and not a sign of a dip in form just when we are putting a better sequence off results together.

Injury to Buxton a concern.

By the sound of it, a 100% improvement required at Sutton on Saturday.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 21:57
Would rather the Woking away match currently on Jan 9th get moved back to the Saturday 13th Jan than go to Spennymoor or Gainsborough Trinity.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 22:15
Glad we are out of that. Solihull should make the final as that is what generally happens to teams relegated from the NL.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 22:43
Quote:
DCTRFC
Glad we are out of that. Solihull should make the final as that is what generally happens to teams relegated from the NL.

I'm glad we're out of it,but would have been happier going out with a team made up of fringe player's and youth and not the first team squad.

Playing that team in this cup when more important game's are coming up over the next few weeks, Mellon stating before Saturday's it would good to go to Wembley in this cup sorry Micky staying in the FA Cup longer yes(but we failed in that)but not in this Trophy.

Our real target is top spot or Play Off winner's nothing else is good enough,

HardlyYardley

18 December, 2017 22:47
Is a team which is in our current league position and loses to the bottom club likely to end in top spot? Let's hope so!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 22:48
Comp is a pain in the @#$%& with thread bare squads. Glad we aren’t in it. We need a fit squad for this promotion push this season.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 00:12
I think Tranmere should have been allowed to start with a 1-0 advantage.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 00:20
I don’t rate the competition, I don’t value Solihull as a legitimate club due to their problems this season.

However, on the night, that was our strongest outfield team, and we failed to create a really good chance! They’re bottom of the league for crying out loud!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 00:38
Quote:
mini_andy
I don’t rate the competition, I don’t value Solihull as a legitimate club due to their problems this season.
However, on the night, that was our strongest outfield team, and we failed to create a really good chance! They’re bottom of the league for crying out loud!

Motivation is key. They didn't want to win. The league games will show true worth.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 01:45
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
mini_andy

Motivation is key. They didn't want to win. The league games will show true worth.
I suspect there is something in that 853 but that is not acceptable in my book if MM has sent out a full strength outfield team to win the game - which he did. It is not up to the players to determine when and where they can be bothered putting in a decent shift. It took us long enough to get our season started for heaven's sake - we should not be regressing like this and risk losing the momentum we had been building up.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 06:15
Do people believe that a team goes out not bothered if they win. Come on, they are pros and want to win every game, and that's what's worrying. Ok some fans are not bothered we are out the comp, although I am. This sends out totally the wrong message to our opposition. Full side out, the rest of the league will see it as a bonus and our confidence will be knocked again. If we don't get a good result on Saturday, it could be a grim xmas.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 08:20
How bad is Buxtons injury ?

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 09:47
It sounded like the pitch was very fozen, and Solihull coped better with the conditions.
They should have been made to pay for the players travelling back also, it seeems to me or I am hoping the game was replayed too quick for us, but on the bright side we have all week to prepare for the next game and we will not pick up any more injururies, bookings in this competition, hopefully that is our last appearance in that competition, cmon rovers more energy and get clarke and henry running at defences,

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:02
Quote:
chrisprover
It sounded like the pitch was very fozen, and Solihull coped better with the conditions.
They should have been made to pay for the players travelling back also, it seeems to me or I am hoping the game was replayed too quick for us, but on the bright side we have all week to prepare for the next game and we will not pick up any more injururies, bookings in this competition, hopefully that is our last appearance in that competition, cmon rovers more energy and get clarke and henry running at defences,

We can pick up injuries in training,some reason we seem less fit than we did under Les Parry ( when Physio) or is the reason we sign more injury prone players who are unfit or have built in injuries?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:05
It is the classic problem with a sod all does it matter cup competition. A game just before a big match an injury,cards, and an opportunity missed to blood other players like Drysdale.

No one ever remembers who wins such competitions and a day out at Wembley in a sparsly filled stadium is not much of an event.

Our second X1 on its day are capable of beating a team like Solihull and I will never understand why a club after promotion and with a cluster of fixtures to come would put out a full first team

HardlyYardley

19 December, 2017 12:40
In the post-match video, MM says he's disappointed because he put out a team to win. He says there are 23 games left. Given our season so far, how many of those 23 games will the team actually turn up for?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 13:43
Quote:
goosed
Everyone is entitled to their opinions so ive been told

does that mean you were a twitter whinger about this?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 13:44
Quote:
HardlyYardley
In the post-match video, MM says he's disappointed because he put out a team to win. He says there are 23 games left. Given our season so far, how many of those 23 games will the team actually turn up for?

they have turned up quite well over past 8 league games

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:05
Only 215 bothered to turn up last night.. Scarborough had an attendance of 1,400 back in October in an earlier round of this seasons FA Trophy.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:32
I feel like we didn't want to win last night and we were using the game as a fitness workout whilst fulfilling our obligations with the F.A.

Now that we're out of this pointless competition, we can concentrate on getting out of this horrible league too.

Micky was hardly going to say we threw the game because we have bigger fish to fry, but I don't think many people will be bothered about bowing out of the F.A Trophy competition tbf?

My concern is that Cook may well move on once the window opens and decent players like DMH will return to their respective clubs leaving us short of quality in the business end of the season.

HardlyYardley

19 December, 2017 14:51
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
HardlyYardley

they have turned up quite well over past 8 league games

Unfortunately, there were 15 league games before.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:10
Didn't see this one coming given the team we had out. May be it was karma for all the uniformed and ill advised rubbish that was posted on on social media after the lights went out?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:59
Yes it was a strong side, but we never really wanted to win the game imo..

We probably weren't allowed to just forfeit the tie, so we've played it and used it as a workout like I said in my earlier post?

We cannot be too bothered going out of this nonsense cup and I'm sure we'll be back up to speed for Sutton away on Saturday.

We've basically gone through the motions in this game as we were obligated to play it.

There are more important games coming up.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:48
Quote:
roger mellie
Didn't see this one coming given the team we had out. May be it was karma for all the uniformed and ill advised rubbish that was posted on on social media after the lights went out?

What’s been posted?

The story was (that I heard):

Previous game, lights went out, blown fuse, electrician was already on site (fan?) so fixed it.

Tranmere game, lights go out, blown fuse, no electrician was available, so referee decided to abandon match.

Anyone who knows about electricity, knows that fuses only blow when there is a problem. Replacing a blown fuse doesn’t fix the problem, hence the reason the lights went out a second time. It should have been fixed the first time so the situation didn’t arise.

I also don’t buy into the club not caring about it. If they didn’t care then the kids would have played. They sent our strongest team, who didn’t perform. The reason they didn’t perform needs addressing before Saturday.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 21:27
Home games recently fantastic- great support. Away on Monday night with hardly any support (and respect to those who went) in a nothing competition well lets see how we do on Saturday and Boxing Day.

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 23:19
Quote:
pez
Yes it was a strong side, but we never really wanted to win the game imo..
We probably weren't allowed to just forfeit the tie, so we've played it and used it as a workout like I said in my earlier post?

We cannot be too bothered going out of this nonsense cup and I'm sure we'll be back up to speed for Sutton away on Saturday.

We've basically gone through the motions in this game as we were obligated to play it.

There are more important games coming up.

I think you might be clutching at straws for that poor show having just watched Micky's after match interview he comes across as being very disappointed with our performance on Monday night even having abit of a pop at the players of course he might of being putting on a act but judging by that interview Micky Mellon sent the players out to win and the players just didnt perform. Anyway onwards to Sutton hoping that was a blip.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 12:40
The thing about these cup competitions is that the more you progress, they bring in extra revenue to the club for winning and progressing into the next round, and also extra gate receipts and extras sold at the ground (warm drinks,beer,food, programs etc) .
This extra cash is helpful for the club towards buying players and paying wages,
But I agree not everyone likes these tinpot cups,other than the FA cup, but they do help and add to the clubs finances which they do need helping.
But promotion should be first on the agenda,when selecting the team for these games.
Let's hope the form improves for Saturday.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 14:25
I am not too worried about this result, no doubt it is a game we were capable of winning, but given the slightly unusual way it came about, the short turn around between games and the difficult conditions and the empty stadium, and the plum tie away to Spennymore or Gainsborough, I can understand why the team just didn't perform on the night. If the result is the same at the weekend at Sutton, then I will be more worried.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 16:42
I’m on the players side here, it’s difficult in those situations to crack on especially when compounded by what by all accounts was an absolute worldie of a goal when we had been one up. At that point there hearts must have sank. Look at all the caffufle, 3G pitch, desperation for a settlement on the day, going one up, match being abandoned, short turn around probably loosing a day of rest Sunday to train for the rearrangement and getting hammered by the Missesses for wrecking Sunday’s Christmas shopping or Mondays Christmas shopping whichever they missed, possibility of extra time and penalties coupled with probably half expecting the lights to go again. Massive joke IMO.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 17:35
It’s a grass pitch isn’t it?

MESSAGES->author

21 December, 2017 14:26
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Would rather the Woking away match currently on Jan 9th get moved back to the Saturday 13th Jan than go to Spennymoor or Gainsborough Trinity.

your wish has been granted hoots, the woking game has now moved to saturday 13th, both clubs have agreed that they would rather play the fixture on a saturday.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 14:46
Hooray .Do we have the biggest squad in NL .Surely that will benefit avoiding injuries again

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 16:09
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon

your wish has been granted hoots, the woking game has now moved to saturday 13th, both clubs have agreed that they would rather play the fixture on a saturday.

Good. Hopefully the train tickets will be affordable.

Just looked on Trainline. Absolutely no chance on the prices quoted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/12/2017 19:16 by Hoots Mon.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 09:35
Quote:
mini_andy

Yes it is a grass pitch, the three plastic pitches are at Sutton, Bromley and Maidstone...

MESSAGES->author

23 December, 2017 10:31
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
mini_andy

Yes it is a grass pitch, the three plastic pitches are at Sutton, Bromley and Maidstone...

Hi acc928, make that 4 plastic pitches. Borehamwood have one now, they installed it back in the summer. Its interesesting to note that all 4 of those teams are currently in the top half of the table and all pushing for a place into the footy league, where these pitches are not allowed.

MESSAGES->author

23 December, 2017 11:09
sorry but I might be wrong, I think borehamwoods new plastic pitch might just be a training pitch and not the 1st team pitch. can anyone clarify this?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 00:37
I think it's plastic and it's made from recycled fairy liquid bottles (Sm7).

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net