football
Latest News:

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Audrey
10 December, 2017 17:24
Heard it's Audrey Evans 80th a week mon.how many on this site has she looks after over the years.I remember her over 40 years ago with Bert the driver doing over nite trips to torquay exeter Bournemouth etc.hope the club gives her recognition.maybe a golden chicken soup holder !

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Audrey
10 December, 2017 17:28
Quote:
Loyden1
Heard it's Audrey Evans 80th a week mon.how many on this site has she looks after over the years.I remember her over 40 years ago with Bert the driver doing over nite trips to torquay exeter Bournemouth etc.hope the club gives her recognition.maybe a golden chicken soup holder !

+1.

I don't travel on the coaches but she's a lovely lady and what fantastic service she has given to this club.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

10 December, 2017 22:48
Quote:
Loyden1

God time does fly again around 40 years ago,I too remember Bert the driver on our away trips it reminds me of one trip to Bradford Park Avenue I think,not on Motorways but those days on A road's and over the Pennines.

Got to some pub in a small Village (no bigger than a Hamlet)on a Saturday Market day all off the coach into the pub a few pints back on the Coach it was few miles away we suddenly spotted that we we're around six fan's down trouble was no real time to turn round.

Saw the game headed back home via the pub by then the pub was bouncing one of the lads who failed to get on the coach could play the piano all the locals we're singing their heads off.

Moral of the story the whole coach should have stayed in the pub,we got beat it seemed they had a better time.

Oh to put the record straight Bert was driving one of the other coaches that day.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

11 December, 2017 10:39
Just messaged nicola suggesting this great shout loyden

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

11 December, 2017 23:06
Super White Audrey, one of the unsung heroes that every club needs

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

16 December, 2017 11:18
there is a nice pic in the tweets section on the official club website with Audrey receiving a small silver salver from Mr Palios, must say she looks quite glamorous and is doing well for 80... Audrey wins the charity shield..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2017 11:30 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 13:45
worth going on to the official club website to view an article about Audrey.. reckon she has clocked up in excess of 327,000 miles on the road to rovers away matches. that's more than a trip to the moon. good little article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 13:48 by hong kong rover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net