football
Latest News:

wasnotwas
wasnotwas (IP Logged)

Lloyd - Chip on shoulder?
16 November, 2017 11:47
Was sat in the kop last night and was close to Danny LLoyd when he scored his first and subsequently 'Shushed' the Kop fans. Me and many around me were perplexed as to why he did that? There was no real anti-posh or anti-Lloyd singing or chanting beforehand.

From then on it got worse as the little toe-rag really started to wind us up; what a shame there were Posh players close to him to stop him throwing the bottle back at the crowd - as he was clearly about to do.

Then I read later he had 30 local family there to see him as he was a'Liverpool lad' - I wonder if they were impressed by his angry man persona.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Lloyd - Chip on shoulder?
16 November, 2017 12:50
i was sat in the main stand and didnt know what had happened. ive since seen it on tv and it didnt look like he did anything different to what Cook does every time he scores.

am i missing something?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 13:06
he was the best player on the pitch last night along with Maddison. was very impressed with their movement and forward play and even though we gifted them their goals they were still a better team than us.

MESSAGES->author

16 November, 2017 13:14
anyway, bollox to the FA CUP now. off to the north east on Saturday for 3 pts.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 13:42
I’m sure the commentators said that we turned down the chance to sign him. That would sum us up!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 18:23
I wish the "little toe rag" had signed for us. Looked a great player on last night's showing.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 18:30
His attitude is the classic little man syndrome, he was exactly the same last weekend playing against Wimbledon a mouthy ****

Trouble is, as last night he winds everyone up and the referees let him get away with it.

Last night the referee warned him about it after the first goal but, he does exactly the same after the second goal and nothings done.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 22:09
We've seen Cook give it large after scoring and recently at Bromley Norwood run up to the home fans doing the shush thing, Then stands in front of them with his arms in the air.
Not got a problem with it me and if people can't take it that's their problem. Also I don't think he was going to throw that bottle back. I really don't. I would of though

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 23:28
I am sure after the goal he scored it looked like he flicked a V at fans.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 08:25
He gave the same hand gesture after his third goal, directed at the Peterborough fans. It was very weird as it looked like he was saying '2 goals' but it must mean something else.

efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 08:50
The hysterical double standards on this thread is comical as much as it is banal!

wasnotwas
wasnotwas (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 11:09
My point was that its not usually the player who starts this aggro.

I can understand it when the home fans give a striker stick - then they score and shush the crowd. But that wasnt the case - Lloyd did it for seemingly no reason.

I was close to him, he really was about to throw it back, he was well wound up.

Looking forward to when we are in their division and can give it to them... (I know)

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 11:35
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
He gave the same hand gesture after his third goal, directed at the Peterborough fans. It was very weird as it looked like he was saying '2 goals' but it must mean something else.
That was his hatrick. He was showing 3 fingers.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 12:01
He eventually showed 3 fingers, but at first he just had the 2 showing.

MESSAGES->author
Rizla (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 12:25
Maybe he can't count.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 19:19
Quote:
Rizla
Maybe he can't count.

Yes, intellectuality may be an issue.

efc0trfc3, banality could be applied to any thread if the reader has no interest or contribution to the subject matter. In that case, best ignore it.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 20:38
I think he had a superb game he probably got carried away a bit ,hat trick does not come every week ,I thought Peterborough an excellent side ,but we really did make it easy for them .could have been 8-0 .LLoyd is the type of player we need, so on the night well done to him

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 23:13
I basically like players who interact with the crowd but it should be a bit subtle. At our cup game against Millwall at the Den Dennis Wise trotted over to take a corner ion front of the SWA and received a fair bit of abuse and just flicked the eyes at us for a couple of seconds. He also made no complaint about the challenge from (correct me if I'm wrong) Seyni Ndyaie which put him out for a few games

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 00:15
I was at the match.Sitting in the JK in line with the goal posts..I saw his gestures and they were deliberately antagonistic and without any justification.
He obviously has a problem with his home town team as he was considered not of the required standard to wear the shirt. I spoke to a Stockport supporter today who was impressed with him in NLN last season but agreed with my sentiments about the sad little *#*@.End of. He deserves no more space on this forum.
For those in doubt he was going to return the bottle but his team mates stopped him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2017 00:20 by Tranmere69.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 01:57
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
fair enough. but I paused it, it maybe the angle but imo he's shows 3 with one hand then 3 with other

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 07:59
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
fair enough. but I paused it, it maybe the angle but imo he's shows 3 with one hand then 3 with other

Or perhaps he's from Norfolk and was holding up all of his fingers on each hand.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 21:41
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

Or perhaps he's from Norfolk and was holding up all of his fingers on each hand.

I remember playing in a works tenpin bowling team who we named Norfolk'n Good. And we weren't.

MESSAGES->author

19 November, 2017 06:31
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

I remember playing in a works tenpin bowling team who we named Norfolk'n Good. And we weren't.

Lol nice one

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

Re: Lloyd - Chip on shoulder
20 November, 2017 09:01
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

Easy...... I’m a Norfolk boy!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 20:54
Quote:
TimmySoft
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

So, you're one of the few who managed to find their way out! I live in a place of some similarity, Neston; a place where my cousin, now wife, wanted us to settle. Keep yew a troshin'. smiling smiley

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 23:31
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TimmySoft
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

So, you're one of the few who managed to find their way out! I live in a place of some similarity, Neston; a place where my cousin, now wife, wanted us to settle. Keep yew a troshin'. smiling smiley

Born in kings lynn before moving to Swindon. It’s a Norfolk takeover!!

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 13:42
He may have a chip on his shoulder but is exactly the sort of player we need - a fox in the box player who knows where the goal is

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 17:07
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TimmySoft
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

So, you're one of the few who managed to find their way out! I live in a place of some similarity, Neston; a place where my cousin, now wife, wanted us to settle. Keepyew a troshin'. smiling smiley
so can your wife waggle her ears without moving her head .sorry Phil just a bit of folklore

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 00:21
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TimmySoft
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark

So, you're one of the few who managed to find their way out! I live in a place of some similarity, Neston; a place where my cousin, now wife, wanted us to settle. Keepyew a troshin'. smiling smiley
so can your wife waggle her ears without moving her head .sorry Phil just a bit of folklore

No, how very dare you! She can count up to twelve on her fingers though and is a great swimmer (the advantage of webbed feet really helps!).

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 14:15
Only joking Phil but I had a pub for a while there and my daughter brought a local lad home and I said take your shoes and socks off so I can count your toes and the soft sod did .

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 17:25
Quote:
Loyden1
Only joking Phil but I had a pub for a while there and my daughter brought a local lad home and I said take your shoes and socks off so I can count your toes and the soft sod did .

Nice one Loyden (Sm72). My wife is perfect really! (Just in case she ever gets access to the forum!!!)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 23:02
How perfect, you mean she's only got 2 extra fingers compared to the usual 6?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 16:21
I see Lloyd has now been placed on the transfer list by Peterborough due to ''lack of game time''

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 23:02
Quote:
Hoots Mon
I see Lloyd has now been placed on the transfer list by Peterborough due to ''lack of game time''
Could end up at Prenton Park fits the bill with him being a scouser.

Only joking

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 23:26
If their was any way we could get him, then we should. He would score us enough goals to get promotion.

MESSAGES->author

23 December, 2017 17:12
he scored 2 goals for Posh today.. see max power scored twice for wigan in their emphatic away win at oxford.

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 22:48
Quote:
hong kong rover
he scored 2 goals for Posh today.. see max power scored twice for wigan in their emphatic away win at oxford.
Guess what he did when he scored his first in front of the Bury fans.He is a habitual wind up merchant and one day he will get his just desserts could not imagine him doing it front of the Millwall fans for instance although i would love to see him try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net