football
Latest News:

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Farting around at the back.
16 November, 2017 10:01
We were always going to get caught by somebody eventually and give away a goal. Last night it happened. Time we stopped doing it altogether please.

terribletid
terribletid (IP Logged)

Re: Farting around at the back.
16 November, 2017 10:29
Easy to blame McEveley and obviously it wasn't a good pass.

But Davies sold him short and put him under pressure.

Then McNulty inexplicably ignored the bad pass - seemingly unaware of the danger behind him.

All three were culpable for the goal.

Robbie126
Robbie126 (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 10:53
Its been an accident waiting to happen for a very long time, my only surprise is that we don't get caught out more often.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 13:42
Quote:
terribletid

Then McNulty inexplicably ignored the bad pass - seemingly unaware of the danger behind him.

I agree 100% .

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 17:59
Dagenham and Redbridge game was a great example of why we don't need to p*** around at the back. In my opinion, it's up to Davies to dictate this. Why can't we stick to what works well and don't tinker with the team or tactics unless it's absolutely necessary. It's the positive outlook, as per the Dagenham game, that will see us out of this league. Quick distribution, pace and purpose, rather than dallying and dithering. I was impressed with Petrborough's speed of play, incisiveness and work rate. We are more than capable of replicating this in the National League with the right mindset, as I quote for the third time as evidence "Dagenham and Redbridge!".

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 18:16
Davies was under absolutely no pressure when he passed the ball to McEveley who was quickly closed down McNulty just stood and watched as the scorer ran to the ball and rounded Davies[who would have been red carded if he'd connected with his attempted interception]. To blame McEveley alone is totally wrong-one guy near me said he should be sacked for it.

It just gets worse every time you look at it,but Davies IMO is the main culprit and McNulty should hold his head in shame too.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 19:16
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Davies was under absolutely no pressure when he passed the ball to McEveley who was quickly closed down McNulty just stood and watched as the scorer ran to the ball and rounded Davies[who would have been red carded if he'd connected with his attempted interception]. To blame McEveley alone is totally wrong-one guy near me said he should be sacked for it.
It just gets worse every time you look at it,but Davies IMO is the main culprit and McNulty should hold his head in shame too.

Not sure you can blame McNulty, he can’t have been expecting that, plus even if he was no chance he’s out running their number 10. I would put most blame on Davies and the initial pass but then is that a product of coaching. Personally dont rate Davies, decent shot stopper but prone to over confidence in his own footballing skills and makes rash decisions. He made a few last night night, letting shots bounce in front of him, not coming for crosses, some poor distribution. I’d give Pilling a run.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 19:35
Can't judge McEveley on what Marcelo would have done in similar circumstances.

He was put in an impossible position by Davies. Ideally he would have sold the Peterborough forward a dummy and worked the ball down the left.at least that's what I would have done but somehow I'm sitting here on my keyboard for some reason having been overlooked these 40 years.

In reality to give away a corner or try a back pass were his only options and he tried what he thought was least damaging and found the rest of the defence asleep.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 19:38
You can be sure that posh scouts would pass on knowledge . . . .keep a forward on alert to the situation that could happen and did goalie to full back etc etc and it's going to alert other clubs how we fart around. So hope that's a lesson to us.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 20:14
I can’t understand why Davies played him the ball then immediately went running off telling him to calm down, when there forward was haring toward him surely it needed to be the exact opposite of telling him to boot it.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 23:20
Quote:
terribletid

I agree with your points,if we ever get out of this damn league one player we must leave in it is McNulty along with a few more.This first goal highlighted the failings with these player's.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 11:40
If you watch Mcnulty he walks backwards away from Scot and Lloyd. Yes Scot put Jay under pressure and the pass back to Scot was poor.
They just lost focus. I like the way we try to play from the back through midfield.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 17:54
I like the way we try to play from the back through midfield.[/quote]

It might work for Barcelona but definitely not for Tranmere. If they didn't know already our rivals certainly will do now..Ps I'd pick Pilling on Saturday.He's had some very good games for Wales Under 21's.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 20:00
It's not a case of playing out from the back, you can play out from the back without pi$$ing about. You can't play out from the back when your keeper continues to waste time and @#$%& a round

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 21:56
[quote Tranmere69]I like the way we try to play from the back through midfield.[/quote]

It might work for Barcelona but definitely not for Tranmere. If they didn't know already our rivals certainly will do now..Ps I'd pick Pilling on Saturday.He's had some very good games for Wales Under 21's.[/quote]I'd rather play from the back thus guaranteeing possession . Long balls hoofed up are always a lottery unless done quickly for Nors / A N Other to run onto before the opposition have 're-shaped . Davies to Buxton , Buxton to DMH , ball across , Cook on the end - Goal . Simple .

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 22:39
[quote Uglybob][quote Tranmere69]I like the way we try to play from the back through midfield.[/quote]

It might work for Barcelona but definitely not for Tranmere. If they didn't know already our rivals certainly will do now..Ps I'd pick Pilling on Saturday.He's had some very good games for Wales Under 21's.[/quote]I'd rather play from the back thus guaranteeing possession . Long balls hoofed up are always a lottery unless done quickly for Nors / A N Other to run onto before the opposition have 're-shaped . Davies to Buxton , Buxton to DMH , ball across , Cook on the end - Goal . Simple .[/quote]

So simple that I can't recall any goal we have scored this season that fits that format/profile.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 22:44
DMH cross Border simple header at far post but admittedly the cross was reflected. plus when Ben played for his 30 minutes or so and Dylan plays they pull three defenders out of position

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 22:45
[quote Hoots Mon][quote Uglybob][quote Tranmere69]I like the way we try to play from the back through midfield.[/quote]

It might work for Barcelona but definitely not for Tranmere. If they didn't know already our rivals certainly will do now..Ps I'd pick Pilling on Saturday.He's had some very good games for Wales Under 21's.[/quote]I'd rather play from the back thus guaranteeing possession . Long balls hoofed up are always a lottery unless done quickly for Nors / A N Other to run onto before the opposition have 're-shaped . Davies to Buxton , Buxton to DMH , ball across , Cook on the end - Goal . Simple .[/quote]

So simple that I can't recall any goal we have scored this season that fits that format/profile.[/quote]That's the theory !

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

17 November, 2017 23:06
Norwood for Border

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net