football
Latest News:

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

Jay Harris
12 November, 2017 09:21
Thought jay was absolutely outstanding today at right back, such a professional to come in to that position and win everything that came at him .WELL DONE LAD

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Jay Harris
12 November, 2017 09:44
Quote:
Su- y- army
Thought jay was absolutely outstanding today at right back, such a professional to come in to that position and win everything that came at him .WELL DONE LAD
+1

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 09:52
He's a far better player than most give him credit for. He would be playing league football if he was physically bigger.

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 10:36
Agree with all the above posts...he slotted in to perfection..reminded me of the great Johnny King,small but combative and a master of the sliding tackle.

SeeJayKay
SeeJayKay (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 10:54
He made one of the best sliding tackles I've seen in years early on in the first half. Commitment, timing and guts. Really shook up their winger and from then on I think Jay had the upper hand as their player knew Jay wouldn't give up all day. MoM in my view with Norwood a close second.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 10:58
Agree Jay MOM.

Despite appearing not to be an automatic selection anymore, his attitude and performance when called upon is first class.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 11:52
He would be in my starting eleven everytime

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 12:52
Maybe we can give Jay a new nickname similar to that of legendary Chelsea right back, Ron 'Chopper' Harris... Jay 'Chipper' Harris... A few more players like Jay Harris in the Rovers side, that can switch into any other position on the field of play, then we will be on our way to replicating that famous 1970s Dutch tactical theory of 'Total Football.'

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 13:43
Didn't go yday, we have struggled at right back prior to Duggan coming in, is their a case for him to be played at right back full time, and by sounds of it he did really well

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 14:00
Pure class, but always is. Gives 100% every time and such a nice lad. If we had 11 jays on the field, I wouldn't care were we finished because you'd know the team had given it their all.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 18:05
Yes he was class yesterday.Only one misplaced pass.I only noticed that because everything else was so good.

Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 09:59
I did worry once Duggan came off with the RB situation, I thought that Mottley-henry may of gone to RWB/RB with Cole coming on.Straight away they targeted Harris but his first tackle put there winger into the stand. Was great to see and again its another option we now have instead of spending some funds to bring someone in on loan for a month. (Sm152)

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 21:41
HERO TO ZERO, so so inconsistent, i just knew he was going to get a card from the first minute, he so needs to CALM DOWN ,CALM DOWN

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 21:45
it was an awful, reckless and terrible challenge.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 21:48
For all I like him this sort of stupidity is indefensible

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 21:54
Is a knob

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 22:19
From hero to zero 5 days is a long time in football, a fan of his but tonight a complete idiot .it was nasty and deserved to go .Connor Jennings might well have joined him but I think the ref spared him as only minutes left he had been booked and committed at least 3more fouls

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 23:01
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
From hero to zero 5 days is a long time in football, a fan of his but tonight a complete idiot .it was nasty and deserved to go .Connor Jennings might well have joined him but I think the ref spared him as only minutes left he had been booked and committed at least 3more fouls

In a normal match, Conner would have gone too. I think the ref felt sorry for us in the end.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 23:32
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

I think Jennings has reached 5 bookings so is suspended on Saturday.He was very lucky not to get a second yellow card tonight.Rumours too that Norburn has picked up an injury. I'll take my boots on Saturday.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 November, 2017 23:42
You better take 50 and his new knee with u

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 06:30
Well surely if mceveley and mcdonna weren't so bloody awful, he wouldn't have to chase it down so much. Defence was a shambles and your man up front! How the hell he gets the call over cook is beyond me. jays challenge was a yellow at best and he remains one of our best players.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 07:27
[quote aktrfc]Well surely if mceveley and mcdonna weren't so bloody awful, he wouldn't have to chase it down so much. Defence was a shambles and your man up front! How the hell he gets the call over cook is beyond me. jays challenge was a yellow at best and he remains one of our best players.[/quoteos

Seriously! Jay's tackle was a red card all day long, completely lost the plot.... again.
Cooky was not fit and bringing him on at the end was pointless, just made it worse.
Agree about McEveley though.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 07:35
Looks like a real midfield selection headache for Saturday then?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 07:51
Quote:
aktrfc
Well surely if mceveley and mcdonna weren't so bloody awful, he wouldn't have to chase it down so much. Defence was a shambles and your man up front! How the hell he gets the call over cook is beyond me. jays challenge was a yellow at best and he remains one of our best players.

Yellow at best, obvs your joking.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 18:43
Jay would by a regular in my team but, that tackle was both dangerous and foolhardy and killed any chance of a comeback.

To add insult to injury, he now misses three games because of it assuming of course, his past record isn't taken into account?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 November, 2017 18:51
No question that Jay's challenge was a straight red. There didn't appear to be a trigger prior to it and it was completely reckless and could have caused a serious injury. if we'd have had a player on the receiving end of that, we'd have been livid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net