football
Latest News:

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

Scott Davies
11 November, 2017 18:21
A number of fans near me are getting a bit fed up with Davies and his "time wasting". It started today in the 1st half!! I have noticed this delaying tactics of his for some time now and it's not only the fans that he is annoying....today when we needed a quick punt up the field with our attackers running into space he was holding on to the ball much to their frustration ...Norwood in particular was visibly angry on a few occasions. Scott is a very good keeper and he is better than to resort to this sort of ploy.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Re: Scott Davies
11 November, 2017 18:26
Totally agree Kennel, he's been doing this for as long as I can remember! Picked up a few bookings for it as well if my memory serves me right?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:32
Dunno about being a very good keeper he was a very bored keeper today. Cant see the problem when your 2-0 up, other teams do it to us and it frustrates the hell out of us...

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 19:08
Quote:
the kav
Dunno about being a very good keeper he was a very bored keeper today. Cant see the problem when your 2-0 up, other teams do it to us and it frustrates the hell out of us...

+1 And he made one very good save from Cheek who was one on one with about ten mins to go.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 19:33
Quote:
the kav

It's a momentum thing, he wastes time, @#$%& off oposition, who pull a goal back and then...just go for the jugular.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 19:42
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav

It's a momentum thing, he wastes time, @#$%& off oposition, who pull a goal back and then...just go for the jugular.

At least he was going long today rather than messing around rolling the ball out to the defenders all the time.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 20:43
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav

At least he was going long today rather than messing around rolling the ball out to the defenders all the time.

+1 about going long today. Thought he was a little lucky to get away with his studs up challenge on their striker though. His time wasting was minimal today, but his reputation precedes him. I guess it's about not having double standards, moaning about opposition players time wasting, yet accepting it from our own.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 20:53
Nixon was not a time waster like Davies but he had the annoying habit of holding on to the ball and looking behind himself instead of moving the ball quickly giving defenders chance to get back in posistion .the best keeper for moving the ball quickly and smart kicking to his forwards is Pickford, Everton and England, brilliant

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 20:57
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
the kav

+1 And he made one very good save from Cheek who was one on one with about ten mins to go.

+2 odd thing to do to get on his back after such a good display by the team today...

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 22:01
I agree Scot does like to kill a bit of time occasionally. however he didn't imo overdo it today. 1st half he took his time once or twice but nothing major

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 00:39
His keeping has given us result after result. In a long line from Mad Eric through Danny Coyne and John Achterberg IMO

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 08:37
Quote:
kennyspint
His keeping has given us result after result. In a long line from Mad Eric through Danny Coyne and John Achterberg IMO
Kenny, if you read my post again you will note that I said that he is a very good keeper.....I have no criticism on that count but what I am saying is that when he gets the ball his automatic response should be to see if there is an opportunity to set up a quick counter attack not pratting about for minutes on end in his box.We have two speedy forwards in Norwood and Mottly-Henry who were both darting out anticipating a quick throw all to no avail. John Achterberg was a master at the quick distribution..do you remember his throw to a young Andy Parkinson at Bolton who sprinted on to score!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 09:37
Quote:
Kennel
Quote:
kennyspint
Kenny, if you read my post again you will note that I said that he is a very good keeper.....I have no criticism on that count but what I am saying is that when he gets the ball his automatic response should be to see if there is an opportunity to set up a quick counter attack not pratting about for minutes on end in his box.We have two speedy forwards in Norwood and Mottly-Henry who were both darting out anticipating a quick throw all to no avail. John Achterberg was a master at the quick distribution..do you remember his throw to a young Andy Parkinson at Bolton who sprinted on to score!

+1 Kennel. Far more urgency all around yesterday, which paid dividends. The yellow cards for Davis are hard evidence for the "debate" and not a figment of anyone's imagination. In all the time I've been watching Tranmere, clinging on to slender leads, sitting back or wasting time, have not been the most productive tactic or indeed healthiest from a spectators perspective. "Attack is the best form of defense" and Dagenham created very little with this positive outlook yesterday. In the "glory days" that's what worked for us so why not now; at least it'll be entertaining if, on odd occasions it doesn't work; we certainly have the personnel now to adopt a more gung-ho style. It might be a utopian expectation, but we can all have our dreams and it's a positive outlook just in case anyone reads any negativity.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 10:55
It frustrates me as well his time wasting antics but, his overall ability far outweighs this habit which, surely originates from the manager?

As stated, most goalkeepers do it and there are far worse than Scotty.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 14:08
He was wasting time in the first half yesterday. I for one don't moan about other teams doing it as I know we also do. That said I don't care how others play, they are not my team and if takes dirty tricks for them to get results so be it. What I don't like is us doing it, just because they do. I for one what Scott to stop it and just get on with the game, regardless of the score line

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 17:41
I hate it when we have runners like Norwood and DMH looking for the quick ball and the GK holds on until their defence gets organised. In my memory the worst for doing this was Big Neville Southall in his heyday but that's another matter.

As far as time-wasting is concerned though every team that comes to PP in this league are ready to do that from the first minute. Sutton were a disgrace last season and got their just desserts when Ihiekwe scored in the 5th minute added on.

At Aldershot a few weeks ago the referee found 6 minutes from somewhere and they scored in the fifth. If that's the marker then relatively speaking we could have the 15 minutes at some of the games at PP this season.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 17:56
Davies is a good keeper but his time wasting is so boring. If he has the ball it should be released quickly to create goal scoring chances. We want to win but we also want to be entertained.Have a word MM!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 17:58
Quote:
Yiggsy
I hate it when we have runners like Norwood and DMH looking for the quick ball and the GK holds on until their defence gets organised. In my memory the worst for doing this was Big Neville Southall in his heyday but that's another matter.
As far as time-wasting is concerned though every team that comes to PP in this league are ready to do that from the first minute. Sutton were a disgrace last season and got their just desserts when Ihiekwe scored in the 5th minute added on.

At Aldershot a few weeks ago the referee found 6 minutes from somewhere and they scored in the fifth. If that's the marker then relatively speaking we could have the 15 minutes at some of the games at PP this season.

Talking of time wasters,we had the great delight of North Ferriby last season who were the worst I can recall seeing. Look where they are now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net