football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

O/T Blackpool FC up for sale
10 November, 2017 18:11
I see the owners have placed Blackpool up for sale, perhaps they are after £31 million for it.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: O/T Blackpool FC up for sale
10 November, 2017 19:56
[amp.theguardian.com]

Can't believe the name of him!!!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 20:10
It is just a reminder of how lucky we are to have a chairman with integrity and a genuine concern for the club

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 11:25
It appears the Blackpool Fans concerns have been vindicated by the court ruling.

Everyone wondered where the Premier League monies went, so now we know.

I wonder if the fans Oyston took to court for slander will now return to overturn the original decision and Joey Barton has instructed his solicitors to instigate proceedings to recover the £20,000 he paid to Oyston over similar comments.

The sad thing is that all this places Blackpool in a difficult financial position, £10 Million has to be paid within 28 days, not sure about the remaining £21 Million.

I assume the Oystons are liable personally and not the Football Club.

I cannot really express my true feelings as the Oystons will probably sue me!!!!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 11:29
Remember when vickys oyston wasn't allowed in our boardroom

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 12:20
Sometime in the late eighties I think, because she was a woman...

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 14:27
Quote:
acc928
Sometime in the late eighties I think, because she was a woman...

Is this for real? Were we really that backward?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 17:49
88/89 i think, after we beat them 1-0 in the leagur cup

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 21:04
Yes that actually happened Mrs Oyston was banned from the boardroom .no women allowed .Oyston was not a happy bunny to put it mildly .as the Kav says we beat them 1-0 I was there that night

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 11:07
Whilst that attitude was indeed backward and cannot be acceptable, there were many other clubs at the time who had exactly the same rule.

If it hadn't been the Oyston's, we probably would not have heard anything about it. Seems to me nothing changes, it is the Oyston's way or no way!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net