football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Replay on Wednsday 15th Nov
04 November, 2017 17:12
Replay on the 15 th of November(Wednesday).

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

Re: Replay on Wednsday 15th Nov
04 November, 2017 17:22
Might get televised with more coffers in the bank

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 17:46
I bet we beat there 3,700 ,I just don't know what to expect at home it's a 50/50 for me

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 18:53
Their was only 1 other draw today (Northampton v scunny), so let’s see what tomorrow throws up. Fingers crossed

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 23:26
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I bet we beat there 3,700 ,I just don't know what to expect at home it's a 50/50 for me

Yes-we'll need to be at least as good as we were today because their creative players,particularly Maddison,will be better and a certain Mr Miller might get some more game time.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 07:20
Quote:
mini_andy
Their was only 1 other draw today (Northampton v scunny), so let’s see what tomorrow throws up. Fingers crossed

I doubt they would televise the scunny v northampton replay coz it doesnt involve a non league side. They always televise a non league side at HOME to league opposotion. If the following 4 games that are being played today do not go to a replay then there is a real chance the rovers v posh replay will be televised. These 4 games are..

Cambridge utd v Sutton utd
Charlton v Truro
Coventry v Maidenhead utd
Exeter v Heybridge Swifts

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2017 15:56
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
mini_andy

I doubt they would televise the scunny v northampton replay coz it doesnt involve a non league side. They always televise a non league side at HOME to league opposotion. If the following 4 games that are being played today do not go to a replay then there is a real chance the rovers v posh replay will be televised. These 4 games are..

Cambridge utd v Sutton utd
Charlton v Truro
Coventry v Maidenhead utd
Exeter v Heybridge Swifts

those 4 games were decided today with 4 home wins, so if the TV people are going to televise a replay then there is every possibility it will be rovers v posh. will just have to wait n see, fingers crossed.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 16:21
Yes, the replays of the three draws today don't look like live TV material. The only other one could be a Fleetwood v Chorley replay after tomorrow - again unlikely, I'd have thought.

Does anyone know if two replays are shown live, one on BBC and one on BT? If so, surely now we'll be on one.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2017 16:30
after all this weekends fa cup games and irrespective of the result of the chorley game tmrw, our replay with posh will be the only replay that has a non league side at home to a league side. every chance of it being on tv now. problem it will be 4 am here, but nothing will stop me from watching it lol.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 16:47
Do they even show replays on TV? We have a great chance of being on if they do!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 16:54
BT showed two first round replays live last season - Brackley v Gillingham on the Wednesday and Dover v Cambridge on the Thursday, for some reason. Can't remember if BBC show any live.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 00:03
If it is on telly, the it’s worth £67.5k. I’m not sure if that’s split 50/50 though

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 10:02
Quote:
bheadlad
Might get televised with more coffers in the bank

It's true the money coming in from being on TV would come in handy,but you know what we're like on telly in recent years not good. If we have to go on the box make it in round 3 or 4 and not earlier.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 11:11
You are right in what you say although we did beat Orient

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 14:58
Given that the date was announced as the Wednesday so quickly, my guess is that BT put us down as one of the games on Saturday night. The game has all the hallmarks of a televised BT game so I'd be surprised if we weren't on. I'm not sure why the game is on Wednesday otherwise.

If you do the maths, £67.5k plus a home game is better than £18k prize money and an away tie in Round 2 to Fleetwood. So in some ways a draw was better than a win given how other games have gone.

I'd rather have the money now, than the hope of a lot of money further down the line (with only a less than 1 in 10 chance of getting one of the top 6 in the Premiership, and a 1 in 20 chance of getting it away).

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 15:32
Quote:
mini_andy
If it is on telly, the it’s worth £67.5k. I’m not sure if that’s split 50/50 though

Last season it was worth £33750 per club so, unless the TV money has doubled this season, it looks like a 50/50 split.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 18:46
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
Given that the date was announced as the Wednesday so quickly, my guess is that BT put us down as one of the games on Saturday night. The game has all the hallmarks of a televised BT game so I'd be surprised if we weren't on. I'm not sure why the game is on Wednesday otherwise.
If you do the maths, £67.5k plus a home game is better than £18k prize money and an away tie in Round 2 to Fleetwood. So in some ways a draw was better than a win given how other games have gone.

I'd rather have the money now, than the hope of a lot of money further down the line (with only a less than 1 in 10 chance of getting one of the top 6 in the Premiership, and a 1 in 20 chance of getting it away).

The reason it's Wednesday is probably because Peterborough are on TV this Sunday away at AFC Wimbledon.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 11:27
Our's is the only game scheduled for that Wednesday.

All the others are on the Tuesday and have the small matter of Ireland vs Denmark play-off and a load of international friendlies like England vs Brazil to contend with in terms of the viewing public... I think it's a shoo in to be on telly.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 17:30
It's on BT TV on Wednesday and the Billericay v Leatherhead game is on the day after.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 17:33
Quote:
Hoots Mon
It's on BT TV on Wednesday and the Billericay v Leatherhead game is on the day after.I was worried they might put us on the Thursday and the Gateshead match[for which I have bought train tickets] be moved back to the Sunday. Thankfully not.

How did I do that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 17:35 by Hoots Mon.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 18:45
Good news. Unfortunately I don’t have BT sports. I normally watch it at my dads, but the wife’s at work, so I’m babysitting sad smiley

Where’s a good site that one might be able to view BT sports chaps?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 18:53
I use mobro andy just download it

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 19:02
Thanks!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 20:13
Ricky Miller left out of 18 man squad for Peterborough's Checkatrade match at Cambridge tonight. Otherwise almost the same team/squad as Saturday.Looks like he could be really out of favour there already.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 23:05
Quote:
mini_andy
Thanks!

There is a site called Vipbox.tv you might be able to get it on.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

08 November, 2017 19:53
Now I'm not advocating streaming...but....if you head here:

[www.reddit.com]

There's links for everything, some you have to play click x ping pong with a bit but they're generally there.

Wrexham Chester on at the mo if you want to test

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

08 November, 2017 21:03
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Now I'm not advocating streaming...but....if you head here:
[www.reddit.com]

There's links for everything, some you have to play click x ping pong with a bit but they're generally there.

Wrexham Chester on at the mo if you want to test

Tried it, got 5 seconds of Dean Saunders at half-time then the stream stopped and couldn't get it back. I'll be at Prenton Park next week for the real thing anyway; can't beat witnessing it first hand.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 14:55
So that is £33750 + gate reciepts .Not a bad little earner ..Then its on to Gigg Lane .How much does FA Cup 2nd round bring in ?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 16:55
£18k prize money if we beat Posh, another £27k if we won the 2nd round game. Details of all prize money here:[www.thefa.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 16:58 by Aldo'smuzzy.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 19:29
So tv and a win will pocket just over 50k. I take it gets taxed, unless we put it in the Isle of Man. Much needed revenue, as by all accounts the pots below empty and a few debts mounting up.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 01:42
Quote:
aktrfc
So tv and a win will pocket just over 50k. I take it gets taxed, unless we put it in the Isle of Man. Much needed revenue, as by all accounts the pots below empty and a few debts mounting up.
We were loss making last year and I am sure will be this year also so there will be no tax payable but rather like last year a tax credit.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 03:19
Without the parachute payment it has put a strain and may have contributed to the mediocre start to the season.Am I right that it was 450k and if so we would have to get to the quarters or be televised every round.
Does anyone know the parachute amount

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net