football
Latest News:

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

Lack of Goals and How This has Cost Us
28 October, 2017 10:10
One of the common themes on this site this season has been our lack of goals scored. As we know at present, we have only scored 13, fewer than any other team in this league. I know this is hypothetical, but if we had only scored one extra goal per game, this we would have scored 30 by now.in 17 games. This is probably the minimum a team that was leading the table at this stage would have been expected to score (i.e. still less than 2 goals per game on average). However, on the basis of one extra goal per game, we would have gained an extra 19 points which would have taken our points tally to 40 points, 8 points ahead of Dover at the top. 40 points from 17 games is the total often achieved by the National League leaders at this stage. Perhaps some useless information, but interesting anyway.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Lack of Goals and How This has Cost Us
28 October, 2017 10:23
Exactly a year ago this weekend, we won 4-1 away at Dover and after that Dover game we were in joint 2nd position in the league on 36 pts with a goal diff of +14..FGR were top on 40 pts..A year on = groan groan, weep weep..

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 11:54
Wrexham have only scored 14 which surprises me but then they have only conceded 10, and yet look where they are in the league!!

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 13:20
If there was one good team in this division then they would be around 19 points clear of us. Our saving grace this season is how poor all the other teams are.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 14:56
Quote:
DCTRFC
If there was one good team in this division then they would be around 19 points clear of us. Our saving grace this season is how poor all the other teams are.

More about lack of consistency rather than poor.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 16:10
More goals would be beneficial. As would conceding fewer. A combination of the two is a winning recipe.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 18:20
More like not one stand out team in the division. I think we could possibly see ourselves, Hartlepool and Fylde move towards the top 7 before Xmas and some of the smaller teams start to fall away. Sutton ar bookies favourites for the league!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 19:54
Tranmere were at one point, so it shows that bookies just peddle random stuff, with more bandwagons than your average fan club.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net