football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

FIFA Under 17 World Cup Tournament
25 October, 2017 14:05
England under 17s have just beaten Brazil under 17s in the semi final at the Under 17s World Cup tournament in India.. A hat trick from Liverpools Rhian Brewster.. I didn't see the game as I had to work late but congrats to them.. They will play against either Spain Under 17s or Mali Under 17s in this weekends final.. Its a shame that in a few years time the Premiership, money , agents and the excessive over-coaching in England will ruin them all.

MESSAGES->author

Re: FIFA Under 17 World Cup Tournament
25 October, 2017 14:12
proving to be a fruitful and productive time for the England youth teams with the recent success of the Under 19s and Under 21s and now the Under 17s.. if they stay to ply their trade in England they will be ruined, better if they all went to play in the German Bundesliga. they will develop into really good unspoilt pro's then.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 14:22
What score was it .? Can we have Brewster on loan ?

MESSAGES->author

25 October, 2017 14:24
Quote:
dicko111
What score was it .? Can we have Brewster on loan ?

they won 3-1

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 18:54
Not only that HKR a million people had tried to buy tickets .the original 30.000 seater stadium was washed out so they moved the game and it was watched by 66,000, brilliant performance but as stated they will soon have the talent coached out of them we never learn .the talent is in the country .negative coaching is the problem

pez
pez (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 22:17
Most of them will be lucky to end up in league 1.

Thats the norm with England juniors.

Such a shame but thats the harsh reality.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 10:11
U17 is often a poor indicator of how good players are. In the 80s/90s England-Scotland Schoolboys was always televised but practically none of the players ever went on to have top flight careers (I think Challinor was in the team one year.)

Until players are 19, the speed of physical development is more important to performance than ability. Once development levels off, the better players in adulthood come to the front rather than those who developed the quickest.

Freddie Adu is a great example of this, who was seen at 14 as being the greatest player on Earth as he was far more advanced than other 14 years old. He was actually much more developed than most 14 year olds, so he stopped progressing and everyone else caught up.

I think when England U17s played at Tranmere about 15 years ago Mark Noble and Steven Taylor were in the side, but none of the others really made it above League One level. Players who are good at those ages will be solid league players, but it's purely random which are the best at that age.

MESSAGES->author

26 October, 2017 13:12
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
U17 is often a poor indicator of how good players are. In the 80s/90s England-Scotland Schoolboys was always televised but practically none of the players ever went on to have top flight careers (I think Challinor was in the team one year.)
Until players are 19, the speed of physical development is more important to performance than ability. Once development levels off, the better players in adulthood come to the front rather than those who developed the quickest.

Freddie Adu is a great example of this, who was seen at 14 as being the greatest player on Earth as he was far more advanced than other 14 years old. He was actually much more developed than most 14 year olds, so he stopped progressing and everyone else caught up.

I think when England U17s played at Tranmere about 15 years ago Mark Noble and Steven Taylor were in the side, but none of the others really made it above League One level. Players who are good at those ages will be solid league players, but it's purely random which are the best at that age.

I remember a school day trip to wembley in about 1977/1978 to see an England schoolboys international and playing that day was the late tommy caton. he went on to play as a centre back for man city, but he tragically died at a very young age.

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2017 10:26
Good luck to the England Under 17s in the final tonight vs the Spanish Under 17s.

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2017 15:58
have found a stream to watch the final 30 mins of this final. England were 2 down and are now 3-2 up with 20 mins to go.. cmon boys

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 16:08
Quote:
hong kong rover
have found a stream to watch the final 30 mins of this final. England were 2 down and are now 3-2 up with 20 mins to go.. cmon boys

Watching game in pub in woolwich. Great to seesuch good foot all from an england team. And to come back from2-0 eith free flowing football. Superb.

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2017 16:12
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
hong kong rover

Watching game in pub in woolwich. Great to seesuch good foot all from an england team. And to come back from2-0 eith free flowing football. Superb.

4-2 now yes get in, great to watch 8530KG. So much energy and as u say its so free flowing

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2017 16:15
5-2 now from being 2 down wow

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2017 16:27
won 5-2 fantastic effort from the England boys, only saw the last 30 mins but what a joy to watch fast exciting energetic footy. scenes of sheer jubilation at the end from the England boys and the Spanish lads in tears. what a brilliant year it has been for the England youth sides at all levels. shame that the full national side are unbearable to watch.

Fiftyyearsarover

28 October, 2017 16:40
Brilliant .not easy away from home in front of another 66,000 crowd .even the Brazil boss was full of praise for them when England beat them 3-1 ",we could not get near them "he said ,never heard that from a Brazilian coach ever. .and coming back to win 5-2 after being 2-0 down what a performance

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2017 16:43
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Brilliant .not easy away from home in front of another 66,000 crowd .even the Brazil boss was full of praise for them when England beat them 3-1 ",we could not get near them "he said ,never heard that from a Brazilian coach ever. .and coming back to win 5-2 after being 2-0 down what a performance

yes well done to the England lads, how is the new knee, fifty?

Fiftyyearsarover

28 October, 2017 17:27
Hi HKR knee Op very painful just had staples out yesterday .still really sore and swollen but physio guy reckons I am doing well doing some walking on sticks so should be back at PP just before Christmas ,thank you for asking 👍

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 19:21
Speedy recovery Fifty

Fiftyyearsarover

28 October, 2017 19:24
Thank you

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 19:25
Lets hope these lads get opportunities in the Premiership/Championship.

Liverpool are reportedly giving Rhian Brewster a lucrative contract once he turns 18 in a few months.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2017 21:15
Tranmere must act fats then whilst he still costs £200 a week as a part payment.

I doubt Liverpool would went him at the NL anyway, except maybe playing U-23 football at Prenton Park, he'll get at least SPL or League 1 I suspect if he does go out on loan.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

30 October, 2017 22:34
We've been signing fats for a few years. But better this season, maybe due to GPS.😀

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 October, 2017 23:56
Good spot ha.

I wonder if £200 would be enough to get McNulty a bit of liposuction, because if so, give him the pay increase and then get him off down the nearest clinic for some and then when he's got an extra 2mph pace, Tranmere might get an extra +10 on the goal difference by May (Sm7).

MESSAGES->author

31 October, 2017 07:07
Quote:
Matt34
Good spot ha.
I wonder if £200 would be enough to get McNulty a bit of liposuction, because if so, give him the pay increase and then get him off down the nearest clinic for some and then when he's got an extra 2mph pace, Tranmere might get an extra +10 on the goal difference by May (Sm7).

Hi Matt, I thought u were namechecking and paying tribute to legendary musician, Fats Domino, who passed away last week.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

31 October, 2017 23:24
No I wasn't, but to be honest a £200 funeral for a guy like that would be a bit disrespectful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net