football
Latest News:
 

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Stats
25 October, 2017 00:35
Closer to bottom than top. 11 points off the top, 10 off the bottom.
Lowest scoring team in the division with just 13 scored in 17 games. Bromley have scored twice as many. That’s part-time BROMLEY........
5 wins from 17 games. It’s only the draws that are preventing us from being in a proper relegation battle. Pretty sure a 29% win rate is unacceptable for any team that is fancied to challenge at the top end.

It’s just not working now. How much more dross can MM dish out before he gets the bullet or are we now on route to becoming a Stockport? I can’t see MM getting us out of this. He jumped before he was pushed at a floundering Shrewsbury. Time for some fresh blood as he is making Brabin look like a genius.

To those who still back him, can I ask what has he actually done to enhance this team as we don’t seem to have a clue how to beat teams, score goals, know what our best 11 is, no idea at all on player recruitment and seemingly no chance of getting out of this division (unless it’s relegation)



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2017 09:19 by DCTRFC.

 
iagoapcen
iagoapcen (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 05:53
True, but.... :-)

if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

 
mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 06:46
Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

I’m with you, I think 75 points are needed for the playoffs, so that needs to be the target for now

 
DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 08:21
If we weren’t called Tranmere then any other team in our position with our goals tally and win ratio would be more concerned about staying up rather than magically finding the knack of scoring goals and winning games regularly to somehow make the playoffs after 17 matches. It’s not good enough.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2017 09:21 by DCTRFC.

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 08:57
I wholeheartedly agree DCTRFC it is not good enough but we are stuck with this for at least this season.

We won't go down - we can't play that badly IMO and we may just about scrape enough points to make these new convoluted play offs.

That said whether we make the playoffs or not is pretty much irrelevant as we aren't good enough to win them.

 
pez
pez (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 09:53
If we can't afford quality this season, then there is absolutely no chance of a total rebuild to compete at League 2 level should we be jammy enough to gain promotion via the play offs.

We would need better players and lots of them, as this group of players are just not good enough, even at this level.

 
HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 11:37
In order to get promoted, we need to aim to be champions. I'm not suggesting we can or will be champions. My point is we need to try to win every match. We don't. We're set up to not lose. A point at Hartlepool may be deemed "good" but the result is we've gone from 15th to 16th. If Eastleigh and Fyle both win their game in hand, we will be 18th.

 
DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 12:39
After last season the aim should have been simple, win the league. The potential dangers of Fyld£, £bbsf££t, Hartlepool and Leyton Orient haven, t proved to be title challengers yet some of last seasons bang average to even fairly@#$%&sides are up there challenging. Something is very wrong. Mellon doesn’t seem to be able to try and set the team up to attack teams and our squad which is enormous compared to virtually every other team in the division seems completely pointless as loads of guys don’t feature yet pick up their ££ each week. For all the non football efforts to increase revenue we seem to be quite happy throwing a good chunk of it away on ‘players’ who will not feature for us.

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 13:03
I say it again .SOLAR CAMPUS .Spent a huge amount of monies on this project and somewhere they are saying if GPS isnt good then you will not be considered .Cook for example probably doesnt meet GPS but everyone knows he is a decent striker but GPS suggests that he cant put 100% in every game (bench warmer 50%)

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 15:00
Quote:
DCTRFC
After last season the aim should have been simple, win the league. The potential dangers of Fyld£, £bbsf££t, Hartlepool and Leyton Orient haven, t proved to be title challengers yet some of last seasons bang average to even fairly@#$%&sides are up there challenging. Something is very wrong. Mellon doesn’t seem to be able to try and set the team up to attack teams and our squad which is enormous compared to virtually every other team in the division seems completely pointless as loads of guys don’t feature yet pick up their ££ each week. For all the non football efforts to increase revenue we seem to be quite happy throwing a good chunk of it away on ‘players’ who will not feature for us.

at the moment leyton orient are heading for the VNLS. they are on a dreadful run of results.

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 15:42
I don'y buy this, when in doubt blame the club for talking about GPS.

Every club may not talk about it as much but they all have to use it as the company behind it (Sportradar) is one of the main sponsors of this league.

The fact they say it, isn't an excuse. If the better teams are using it and it improves their players then it is a step in the right direction if the players are to be perceived as athletes these days.

That being said, i agree with some points of the OP but after last night's game, you can tell that they're starting to do some things right. Just have to do it more consistently.

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
25 October, 2017 18:32
[www.youtube.com]


Works for Charlton (4th in League 1)

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
26 October, 2017 13:02
Quote:
rossb07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS7yX4KlOLQ

Works for Charlton (4th in League 1)

thks for that ross. judging by what fans on the forum and guest summarizers on wirral radio are saying about mcdonagh, if his GPS were to record the number of sprints he made during a game, then it would read at ZERO. lol.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2017 13:04 by hong kong rover.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
26 October, 2017 20:45
Imagine how many sprints Aldo would have recorded at. 90% less than anyone else possibly, but his positional sense was practically second to none, so it didn't matter.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
27 October, 2017 01:03
I am sure the st georges park national football centre in staffs has all the latest super-duper football tech stuff including GPS to help the england national sides at all levels but not sure its helping much with the full side though. Ok , we have qualified for the world cup finals next year, but we did so from a p*ss easy group and by all accounts englands football has been dire to watch ( I still havent watched the full national side since the iceland fiasco and refuse to do so,, english footballs darkest hour IMO ) but what is the point of using GPS on the likes of henderson and dier in the england midfield? All those 2 ever do is move n pass sideways. No attacking forward flair from either of them whatsoever. England havent a cat in hells chance of winning the world cup and so many reasons why, the FA needs drastic reform, southgate as manager OMG! And so many players are simply not good enough and if deli ali is injured for the world cup finals then god help our unbelievably inept and negative sideways moving midfield, they will just get waltzed over by the top sides. But not trying to be too negative here coz the england unders/youth sides have had a fantastic year.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 01:42 by hong kong rover.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 15:39
League since September 30. W 5 D2 L1


No wonder certain posters have disappeared from the forum.

Cannot make the Peterborough game but as I said before the first game, anything can happen so don't be surprised at a 1-0 or penalties win.

Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 19:21
Quote:
853OKG
League since September 30. W 5 D2 L1

No wonder certain posters have disappeared from the forum.

Cannot make the Peterborough game but as I said before the first game, anything can happen so don't be surprised at a 1-0 or penalties win.

Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

If we knew before the start of the season that we'd be in 13th place after 19 games, 9 points off the leaders, 99.9% (the other 0.1% of us would be three times over the limit and incapable of any lucid thought) of us would probably be 95% miffed (the other 5% of our psyche would not accept the "scaremongering" being 99% certain that we'd be streets ahead). I'm not 100% certain this is the case , but I'm betting there's a 50/50 chance it's true. Anyway, if we give 110%, there's still a chance.
Stats eh; who'd have'em.

 
Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 19:35
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
853OKG
League since September 30. W 5 D2 L1

No wonder certain posters have disappeared from the forum.

Cannot make the Peterborough game but as I said before the first game, anything can happen so don't be surprised at a 1-0 or penalties win.

Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

If we knew before the start of the season that we'd be in 13th place after 19 games, 9 points off the leaders, 99.9% (the other 0.1% of us would be three times over the limit and incapable of any lucid thought) of us would probably be 95% miffed (the other 5% of our psyche would not accept the "scaremongering" being 99% certain that we'd be streets ahead). I'm not 100% certain this is the case , but I'm betting there's a 50/50 chance it's true. Anyway, if we give 110%, there's still a chance.
Stats eh; who'd have'em.

I only followed 37% of that... :/

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 20:59
Quote:
Yiggsy
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
853OKG
League since September 30. W 5 D2 L1

No wonder certain posters have disappeared from the forum.

Cannot make the Peterborough game but as I said before the first game, anything can happen so don't be surprised at a 1-0 or penalties win.

Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

If we knew before the start of the season that we'd be in 13th place after 19 games, 9 points off the leaders, 99.9% (the other 0.1% of us would be three times over the limit and incapable of any lucid thought) of us would probably be 95% miffed (the other 5% of our psyche would not accept the "scaremongering" being 99% certain that we'd be streets ahead). I'm not 100% certain this is the case , but I'm betting there's a 50/50 chance it's true. Anyway, if we give 110%, there's still a chance.
Stats eh; who'd have'em.

I only followed 37% of that... :/

Lol! That's 25% more than me!

 
Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 22:05
And I'm 100% sure there's no such thing as 110% ! smiling smiley

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 22:25
Quote:
Uglybob
And I'm 100% sure there's no such thing as 110% ! smiling smiley

I guarantee 120%, in the world of football cliches it lives and breaths. 4 out of 5 people have now lost interest in this thread! 😴

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 22:31
And 2/3 rds of this week's underdogs are thru in the cup can we make it 100%

 
Hampshire White
Hampshire White (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
14 November, 2017 22:58
94.6% of all statistics are made up.......

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
15 November, 2017 00:16




Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
15 November, 2017 01:18
I 100% stand by my comments that we were garbage. I hope I am proved very wrong with the OP. A change of system and personal was called for it happened and things seem better. However this league is weak and we are mid table still so reserve judgement as MM stuck to his guns for so long with that awful system 352, style of play and dodgy players (Mcevely and Alabi) to think the corner is fully turned yet.

 
DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
15 November, 2017 20:38
Back to 352 with McEverley in the team and back to looking hopeless

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
15 November, 2017 23:42
Quote:
DCTRFC
Back to 352 with McEverley in the team and back to looking hopeless

They upped their game big time and we gave them five[six if you include the sending off]presents

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
16 November, 2017 07:18
Quote:
DCTRFC
Back to 352 with McEverley in the team and back to looking hopeless
+1

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
16 November, 2017 11:03
We played 352 with Jay at the back at their place. Got a draw, didn't hear anyone calling out Jay after that game.

Yes, he wasn't at his best last night but no-one was out there!

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
16 November, 2017 11:37
It's a darned good job I refrained from using meaningless percentages and stuck to the factual statistics.

Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
853OKG
League since September 30. W 5 D2 L1

No wonder certain posters have disappeared from the forum.

Cannot make the Peterborough game but as I said before the first game, anything can happen so don't be surprised at a 1-0 or penalties win.

Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

If we knew before the start of the season that we'd be in 13th place after 19 games, 9 points off the leaders, 99.9% (the other 0.1% of us would be three times over the limit and incapable of any lucid thought) of us would probably be 95% miffed (the other 5% of our psyche would not accept the "scaremongering" being 99% certain that we'd be streets ahead). I'm not 100% certain this is the case , but I'm betting there's a 50/50 chance it's true. Anyway, if we give 110%, there's still a chance.
Stats eh; who'd have'em.

 
DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
16 November, 2017 11:38
He is a liability we are stuck with

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Stats
16 November, 2017 18:57
Quote:
853OKG
It's a darned good job I refrained from using meaningless percentages and stuck to the factual statistics.
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
853OKG
League since September 30. W 5 D2 L1

No wonder certain posters have disappeared from the forum.

Cannot make the Peterborough game but as I said before the first game, anything can happen so don't be surprised at a 1-0 or penalties win.

Quote:
iagoapcen
True, but.... :-)
if we extrapolate the last six league or cup (for sake of form) results over the rest of the season:

W3D2L1 50% win 30% draw rate

this gives 29 games left:

14/15 wins 9/10 draws = at the same rate an extra 55 points bringing us to 76 overall, which is@#$%&but probably enough for seventh place on balance.

If only these damned chances would just go in :-(

If we knew before the start of the season that we'd be in 13th place after 19 games, 9 points off the leaders, 99.9% (the other 0.1% of us would be three times over the limit and incapable of any lucid thought) of us would probably be 95% miffed (the other 5% of our psyche would not accept the "scaremongering" being 99% certain that we'd be streets ahead). I'm not 100% certain this is the case , but I'm betting there's a 50/50 chance it's true. Anyway, if we give 110%, there's still a chance.
Stats eh; who'd have'em.

smiling smiley 8530kg, it's a pity your predictions weren't as accurate as your stats!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?