football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Jake Kirby
24 October, 2017 17:05
The preview for tonight's game says that Jake Kirby is ahead of schedule in his return from his broken leg.

Great news for him and hopefully us. Last I heard I think was a couple of weeks back when MM said that he was back in training but not yet taking part in full contact training - sounds like he may not be so far off now. Anyone know?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Jake Kirby
24 October, 2017 17:38
No idea about his comeback, but I hope it’s soon.

Not many fans rate him, but he’s one of my favourites. The shifts he puts in, and the positions he puts himself in are very rarely appreciated.

I think when he is fit, he’ll be straight back in the team, playing behind Norwood up top (a position I believe Harris player on Saturday?)

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 20:00
I've always rated Jake and think both he and Cole were not given their chance by successive managers who preferred to bring in loan signings above them . He's always had pace , can take men on and put a ball across . Oh yeah , nearly forgot about his finishing . Was it not Norwood who stated that Jake was the finest finisher at the club ? Some praise . Look forward to his return .

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 20:21
It was Norwood who said that. It was also telling last season, Jake got a 1 on 1, went around the goalie and slotted home.

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 20:38
Quote:
mini_andy
No idea about his comeback, but I hope it’s soon.
Not many fans rate him, but he’s one of my favourites. The shifts he puts in, and the positions he puts himself in are very rarely appreciated.

I think when he is fit, he’ll be straight back in the team, playing behind Norwood up top (a position I believe Harris player on Saturday?)
as you said not everyone’s favourite but before his injury I thought he played his best football but a lot of people made there mind and couldn’t change it all the best jake

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 22:37
Last I heard he had a small problem with the top pins in his leg and has a huge calcium bump on his shin bone but was healing well and felt good.

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

davep63
davep63 (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 10:54
Quote:
Uglybob
I've always rated Jake and think both he and Cole were not given their chance by successive managers who preferred to bring in loan signings above them . He's always had pace , can take men on and put a ball across . Oh yeah , nearly forgot about his finishing . Was it not Norwood who stated that Jake was the finest finisher at the club ? Some praise . Look forward to his return .
+1 SWA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net