football
Latest News:

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

A decent read
24 October, 2017 15:37
It might take a few minutes, but it’s not a bad read, with some good points raised:

[deadlysubmarine.co.uk]

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: A decent read
24 October, 2017 16:07
Quote:
mini_andy
It might take a few minutes, but it’s not a bad read, with some good points raised:
[deadlysubmarine.co.uk]

+1

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 16:20
Quote:
mini_andy
[deadlysubmarine.co.uk]

thks for that andy, cheers. not sure it will take a few minutes to read, there is a helluva lot to peruse on there, lol.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 16:29
Well worth reading though.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 16:52
I'd add Jack Dunn to that list, we sign a young striker from Liverpool who scored 7 goals in 16 football league appearances, then play him wide right!

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 18:15
Is it bad that I had completely forgotten about Ben Tomlinson? We really do churn them out when you think about it!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 21:37
It’s an interesting point that is made. I think the problem we have is budget, we just don’t have the budget to employ enough coaches to turn the portential into realisation. And if the player is not performing, they have that much pressure on the team to be top of the league, then they have to go if they are not scoring etc.. we just don’t have the money to spend in trying to coach them with correct personnel, properly to overcome the issues. So we just go out and try another option and hope for the best.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 14:31
I do not think it is the lack of coaching but the lack of game time that is the problem. As the old saying goes, playing is the best teacher of the game. And you suspect that the youngsters do not get picked because of the pressure to get promoted. What struck me on Tuesday was how much Duggan had improved since the start of the season as a result of playing. I agree with the sentiment of the article which makes some great points most notably in relation to the likes of Omotola and Gumbs.I would much rather see the youngsters be given a chance in front of loanees amd journeymen senior pro's.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

27 October, 2017 12:50
A good read and some good points made , but , maybe some of the problems may lie in not the players ability but how you play them . Now none of us are privvy to MM'S team talks and the instructions given to each player , but maybe other clubs allow more freedom and allow the players to ' Play football ' without being governed by yards covered etc . Allowing flair and talent to flourish could conceivably result in improvement on the pitch which is why players ability ' rises ' at other clubs . As mentioned maybe it's not the ability rather how we play them .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net