Uglybob (IP Logged)

Koeman sacked.
23 October, 2017 12:50
No surprise really .

pez
pez (IP Logged)

Re: Koeman sacked.
23 October, 2017 12:51
Micky Mellon next if we get beat tomorrow night!

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 13:05
Quote:
pez
Micky Mellon next if we get beat tomorrow night!
with any luck

Stewsydney
Stewsydney (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 13:27
Mellon wont go if we lose tomoroow as we no money to sack him , wonder what happened aboout the autumn announcement re the significajnt investment Palios referred to ?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 13:35
The only major investment will be from China unless MP is selling the club to someone else?

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 15:48
Quote:
Stewsydney
Mellon wont go if we lose tomoroow as we no money to sack him , wonder what happened aboout the autumn announcement re the significajnt investment Palios referred to ?
i know it’s not like an everyday job ei mine and yours but if I get sacked from my job they wouldn’t pay my contract up soot should be the same for Mellon etc

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 19:01
It would be too long (and very boring) to give examples of all sackable offences, but oddly, not being very good at your job, isn't one of them. At least, it would be very hard to prove you weren't very good if you had been approached in the first place and had a good track record. RK had a 3 year contract I think, so he has every right to be paid up for the full 3 years. This applies to all jobs where a contract is signed over a particular length of time, not just football managers. There are very sound reasons for this, but again, it is a bit tedious to explain. One thing is for sure though, if everyone could get sacked for not being very good at their job, they'd be an awful lot of unemployed people - particularly footballers.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 19:20
Quote:
Dupak
It would be too long (and very boring) to give examples of all sackable offences, but oddly, not being very good at your job, isn't one of them. At least, it would be very hard to prove you weren't very good if you had been approached in the first place and had a good track record. RK had a 3 year contract I think, so he has every right to be paid up for the full 3 years. This applies to all jobs where a contract is signed over a particular length of time, not just football managers. There are very sound reasons for this, but again, it is a bit tedious to explain. One thing is for sure though, if everyone could get sacked for not being very good at their job, they'd be an awful lot of unemployed people - particularly footballers.
I would suggest that if it was your job to pick a team , motivate them , instruct them how ( in your mind ) to beat the opposition with your tactics and if needed change these things with substitutions , spend close on to 140M during the summer and be in the relegation zone then IMO you are not very good at your job .

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 19:29
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Dupak
I would suggest that if it was your job to pick a team , motivate them , instruct them how ( in your mind ) to beat the opposition with your tactics and if needed change these things with substitutions , spend close on to 140M during the summer and be in the relegation zone then IMO you are not very good at your job .

I think you need to read this again Bob

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 19:39
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Dupak
Couldn't agree more. Apologies for the confusion, but I wasn't arguing he was any good, I was making the point that he is still entitled to his 3 year contract to be paid up, as not being any good at your job is not a reason for instant dismissal.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:04
Quote:
Dupak
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Dupak
Couldn't agree more. Apologies for the confusion, but I wasn't arguing he was any good, I was making the point that he is still entitled to his 3 year contract to be paid up, as not being any good at your job is not a reason for instant dismissal.
Ah right , I misunderstood a little . I picked up on ` it would be very hard to prove you weren't very good if you had been approached in the first place ` , hence my reply . Note to self - read things properly before replying !!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:34
Quote:
Dupak

You are so right mate in incompetency was a sackable offence there wouldn't be a single mp in parliament

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 21:25
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Dupak

You are so right mate in incompetency was a sackable offence there wouldn't be a single mp in parliament

Nearly used that example myself, but thouht I'd better stick to football. However, now you've started something, could I include virtually every supervisor I've worked for.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 23:36
Quote:
Wozza
but if I get sacked from my job they wouldn’t pay my contract up soot should be the same for Mellon etc

So what you're saying is if you got sacked the only compensation you'd get was a quantity of soot and if Mellon got sacked he should also get a quantity of soot as compensation.

Presumably then the person who operates the cadaver and unused pill furnace, oops I meant incinerator at Arrowe Park, must be cursing his union rep for negotiating a god awful clause in his contract regarding compensation.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 07:37
He's not been "sacked" though has he, he has been released early, it's the dream scenario really isn't it for a football ,anager, sign a 3 year contract worth 100 million or whatever, get released after a third of it get paid for all of it, then get another job paying 150 million over 3 years.

It's a difficult one isn't it, how can you definitively say it's the managers fault, Ultimatley it's the players who cross the white line and I'm sure he didn't give the go ahead to off load Lakaku. Just like Mellon didn't give the green light for Ihewike or Stockton to go, only to then be lambasted when he is only given the money to sign average players. Sign one good player with your budget and hope they work out and stay fit or sign 4 cheap ones and hope 2 of them come good. But then we are all the experts. (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 11:22
It's all down to what competency framework Palios has, even if it's only in his own mind and not a "corporate" framework. Capability procedures do exist in the wonderful world of work, where people can be sacked for not being very good at their job. However, the world of football is so subjective, that such performance measuring structures would be difficult to implement consistently; football does have GPS though, but how this could be applied to managers needs some thought! Gripes Per Season?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2017 19:09 by Phil65.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 18:49
Goals Per Substitution

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

27 October, 2017 15:21
On the subject of managers, ex FGR and Gillingham boss, Ady Pennock is the new manager at Barrow.

MESSAGES->author

31 October, 2017 15:51
Richard Money has resigned as Solihull manager after only 26 days in charge.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

31 October, 2017 16:55
And ryan lowe took over bury.so no more money to I want more money !

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 November, 2017 00:04
Quote:
hong kong rover
Richard Money has resigned as Solihull manager after only 26 days in charge.

It could be song couldn't it.

Money; some might say; he didn't want Solihull's job or the weekly pay.
Money; got back, to the dole queue where he couldn't get the sack.
He had no four star daydream or ate caviar 'cause Solihull's ground had no champagne bar.

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2017 14:24
Quote:
Loyden1
And ryan lowe took over bury.so no more money to I want more money !

See that Lowe will be caretaker manager for Burys trip to Woking in FA Cup this weekend. Good chance of an upset in that game. Woking have the best home record in the NL at the moment. Hoping there will also be an upset at Peterborough too.

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2017 14:31
Triv Q..There are 10 teams that will be competing in this weekends FA Cup 1st round that have actually won the FA Cup, who can name them? ( no cheating chaps.)

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 14:43
Blackburn blackpool coventry wigan Wimbledon Charlton bury ?pompey stuck now

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2017 14:45
Quote:
Loyden1
Blackburn blackpool coventry wigan Wimbledon Charlton bury ?pompey stuck now

spot on so far Loyden.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 15:33
NOTTS COUNTY ,,LUTON ????

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2017 15:53
Quote:
dicko111
NOTTS COUNTY ,,LUTON ????

hi dicko111, notts county yes, luton no. so just one team to get now.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 22:36
Not Wimbledon, as technically they are a breakaway from what is now MK Dons, so that shouldn't really count.

As for the other team it could be Leyton Orient.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 23:51
Bradford City

MESSAGES->author

04 November, 2017 00:09
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Bradford City

Correct Hoots

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net