football
Latest News:

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Are the reporters being sensorsed?
22 October, 2017 10:46
Most of the interviews post and pre match seem to panda to MM? He seemed irked when asked about the poor corners the other week. Why can’t one of these reporters just ask what is wrong with Cooky and other pertinent questions rather than sucking MM balls every time?

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

Re: Are the reporters being sensorsed?
22 October, 2017 10:49
Other relevant questions?
Who identifys the transfer targets?
Why can’t we score?
Is their a problem with Cook?
Do you think we can get promoted?
Do you think this seasons transfers have been poor signings?
Are you under pressure from above to win games?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 11:10
Quote:
DCTRFC
Why can’t we score?

Can you spell censored?

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 11:18
Apparently not

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 11:45
Maybe, maybe not...only they and those in the room know.

I imagine this is all the fault of MM aswell?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 11:52
I doubt you'll find a journalist anywhere who will sit back and silently allow themselves to be censored.

MM has addressed most of those issues several times. It's up to the listener whether they believe him.

The question of who identifies transfer targets isn't one I've ever heard asked or answered, but then I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be. Saying that, it's one I'd be interested to know the answer to.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 17:56
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
I doubt you'll find a journalist anywhere who will sit back and silently allow themselves to be censored.
MM has addressed most of those issues several times. It's up to the listener whether they believe him.

The question of who identifies transfer targets isn't one I've ever heard asked or answered, but then I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be. Saying that, it's one I'd be interested to know the answer to.

+1

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 19:49
Quote:
DCTRFC
Why can’t we score?

Answers as follows, Players who suit our system are signed, we can, No, Yes, No, Yes.

What do you think he's gonna say, or any manager.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 23:03
these aren't mainstream journalists. they're reporters who are close to the club.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:26
I asked nicola by tweet who was in charge of transfer policy.... no reply.

I should have asked a question about futsal or book club at her restaurant I would have gotten a reply then

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:36
Quote:
the kav
I should have asked a question about futsal or book club at her restaurant I would have gotten a reply then
so there won't be any free firework tickets for u ("let's fill prenton park nite )!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:38
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
the kav
so there won't be any free firework tickets for u ("let's fill prenton park nite )!

I would give a few of the squad a rocket mate believe me

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:42
Yes kav before the season turns out to be a damp squib.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 21:09
I’ve also questioned the transfers before (on here as well), and have never managed to find a conclusive answer. The only thing I would say, is I’m 99% confident that it isn’t Mellon.......

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 22:19
That doesn't sound good andy.I would say any manager working under that situation must be desperate for the job.how could he be blamed for not being able to work with the players he hasn't found.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 22:52
Quote:
mini_andy
I’ve also questioned the transfers before (on here as well), and have never managed to find a conclusive answer. The only thing I would say, is I’m 99% confident that it isn’t Mellon.......
and I'm 99% sure it is

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 07:49
Quote:
the kav

She ain't gonna answer in fairness mate, do you reckon if you tweeted the Chief Exec of a blue chip company they would answer a question about internal business affairs.

It's irrelevant who signs them anyhow, Mellon will have known where the goalposts where situated when taking the job and was obviously happy so there is the answer.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 09:12
Quote:
2 the moon
these aren't mainstream journalists. they're reporters who are close to the club.
Correct as in Saturday after the game when the commentator interrupted the guy reading out one of the fan tweets and said something like I don't care what anyone says MM is a good manager... to which was replied well you aren't going to like the next tweets either then!
Says it all really....

pez
pez (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 09:39
The club is very selective over what it puts out there.

We get bombarded on Twitter when they are trying to promote things like Wirral Live, Comedy Nights and Futsall, however we had no idea that Rokka had been injured for 6 weeks?

We know more about what's going on at The Riverhill than what's happening at Prenton Park.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 10:01
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
mini_andy
and I'm 99% sure it is
what ever happened to insider boy ?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 10:34
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
mini_andy
and I'm 99% sure it is

I can also catogrically state a player that was personally brought in by mr palios, against the manager (at the time) wishes. I know this, because the player told me. He was made to train with the reserves (we were in league 2), given an ill fitting kit so he looked unfit (was actually smaller and fitter then when he first played for us years before- I’ll have to take his word for that though)

He was also offered another year, but turned it down due to his treatment.

I then look at some other transfers, and the timings (we were manager less when we signed a player last season (can’t even remember his name)).

Dawson signed after a lot of pressure on Twitter from tranmere fans. Mellon stated he tried to sign him for Shrewsbury previously. Yet he doesn’t feature at all in the team. Why would dawson, who only wants to live in the northwest sign for Eastleigh on the south coast, when a team in the northwest wanted him? It doesn’t add up.

Alabi was our second choice replacement striker for cook, who was set to leave, but didn’t, which is believed to be because palios didn’t want to sell the fans foster of the season.

McEverley was a second choice replacement for Ihiekwi when we had Gumbs waiting.

Our transfers just don’t add up

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 11:21
Reality check guys, we are a poor team this season, too many players on the wrong side of 30, players coming in are National league standard, not league 2, its all we can afford, unless the promised investment from China materialises we will be stuck in this league for the foreseeable future. Great to see Eddy and Mitch playing on Saturday but they are a risk, if fit Rides and Adam will be back tonight. I pray that whoever takes over at Everton makes Tom Davis first choice in the starting 11 and he breaks into the England squad in the next 2 years, a healthy transfer to a top Prem club could net us £5m+, I think its more realistic than us getting promoted any time soon.
I feel the players are letting Micky down, Saturday was a great example, no way would he have said to the team sit back and let the opposition cross the ball into our box unchallenged, and when Scotty had the ball no one came for it as opposed to their keeper who always had 2 options to roll the ball to.
With the exception of Nors Eddy and Mitch I would not expect to see any of the first team squad to be with us next season................. maybe they feel the same way.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 13:00
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Reality check guys, we are a poor team this season, too many players on the wrong side of 30, players coming in are National league standard, not league 2, its all we can afford, unless the promised investment from China materialises we will be stuck in this league for the foreseeable future. Great to see Eddy and Mitch playing on Saturday but they are a risk, if fit Rides and Adam will be back tonight. I pray that whoever takes over at Everton makes Tom Davis first choice in the starting 11 and he breaks into the England squad in the next 2 years, a healthy transfer to a top Prem club could net us £5m+, I think its more realistic than us getting promoted any time soon.
I feel the players are letting Micky down, Saturday was a great example, no way would he have said to the team sit back and let the opposition cross the ball into our box unchallenged, and when Scotty had the ball no one came for it as opposed to their keeper who always had 2 options to roll the ball to.
With the exception of Nors Eddy and Mitch I would not expect to see any of the first team squad to be with us next season................. maybe they feel the same way.
Alabi and Waring are on 2 year contracts so they will be here unless their performances create a move for them. Not sure what contract Pilling is on - hopefully he will be around still.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 13:05
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Alabi and Waring are on 2 year contracts so they will be here unless their performances create a move for them. Not sure what contract Pilling is on - hopefully he will be around still.

Pilling signed a 1 year contract in July

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 13:11
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
mini_andy
and I'm 99% sure it is
what ever happened to insider boy ?
we released him. he's now at ............

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 16:48
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven

Norburns a great player, the biggest factor we are missing is a lois Maynard type, thought he had great potential. We need an athletic bustling midfielder alongside Norburn whose job is just to chase people win the ball and pass it 5 yards to someone who can play, get rid of that lollaping Hughes. I'd like to see this team tonight:

Davies, Duggan, Sutton, Gumbs, Clark, Mottley-Henry, Norburn, Harris, Jennings, Norwood, Managan (Cookie if his attitude was switched on)

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 17:40
Higgo, I'll go with your team but would always play Cook as I have never seen him give anything other than 100%. I would also give this team a run of at least 5 games because I think it is the team most of the SWA would pick as well.Pity MM sees it differently!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

24 October, 2017 23:09
Quote:
mini_andy
I can also catogrically state a player that was personally brought in by mr palios, against the manager (at the time) wishes. I know this, because the player told me. He was made to train with the reserves (we were in league 2), given an ill fitting kit so he looked unfit (was actually smaller and fitter then when he first played for us years before- I’ll have to take his word for that though)

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Jennison Myrie Williams, as he fits the profile of former player brought in during the Palios era.

It could have been Hume but was brought in for a short period with ideas of going back to the IPL, so I doubt it would be him.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 04:30
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
mini_andy

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Jennison Myrie Williams, as he fits the profile of former player brought in during the Palios era.

It could have been Hume but was brought in for a short period with ideas of going back to the IPL, so I doubt it would be him.

It was one of them 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2017 04:33 by mini_andy.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 08:23
Sounds like Hume

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

25 October, 2017 13:13
Quote:
DCTRFC
Sounds like Hume

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net