football
Latest News:

pez
pez (IP Logged)

Alabi to Dover until January.
20 October, 2017 13:43
Matt Jones via Twitter stating a loan deal has been agreed between the two clubs.

Probably a good decision by Mellon, as long as he gets game time whilst he's there.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

Re: Alabi to Dover until January.
20 October, 2017 13:56
Wot a waste of time that was bringing him in who made that decision?

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:15
Dover are 2nd in the table. We are 15th. We can't score. They want one of our strikers. It's a bit confusing, isn't it?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:18
Maybe Rovers are trying to offload him to Dover to avoid the payment yet to be decided by tribunal?

If he moves to Dover, then they can pay it as he'll be their player?

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:24
If true, shame, I actually think he has some quality.
Some rovers fans love to slate their own players, good luck to him !
Anything to keep Cook happier

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 14:43 by trfc-boi.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:26
Quote:
HardlyYardley
Dover are 2nd in the table. We are 15th. We can't score. They want one of our strikers. It's a bit confusing, isn't it?

Like when Brabin's team weren't scoring but Mangan, Stockton and Margetts all went to FL clubs!

Good luck to Alabi. I reckon he can turn out to be a decent player if he's given the right sort of service, facing goal. Was probably never going to shine given our lack of creativity in the first couple of months of the season but could flourish with someone like Wallace feeding him.

corpac
corpac (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:27
Can you imagine - for example - Man.United loaning a striker to say Liverpool.
What is going on? You never loan a player to a rival club!
The mind bogles.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:35
It often takes time for players to settle in to a new team. Alabi has not been given an extended run to prove himself. It he starts scoring for Dover, then we can bring him back in January. A shrewd move by MM I think.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:48
The service to forward line has not been great, there is a lack of creativity, am so disappointed with move.
Lets hope we kick on and score plenty with what we have.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:54
Disappointing decision in my opinion. I think he offers something different to what we've got and a much more useful impact player off the bench than the likes of Mangan and Waring.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:56
Like I said last week, I’ve heard both he and Mangan are heading out on loan, and Cook is going in Jan to clear up some funds.

I think our recent recruitment has been poor, and the club have acknowledged it.

CosterD
CosterD (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 15:04
Cole Stockton came back from loan a much better player - maybe we can look forward to the same with Alabi? Good luck to him.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 15:14
Also noticed that Sutton Utd have loaned out Moses Emmanuel to Maidenhead Utd for 2 months.. Bit surprised by that coz as far as I understand he has done ok at Sutton since signing from Dover.

velico
velico (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 15:17
that's great, he starts to hit the back of the net and dover will be out of sight. This club gets more and more non- league and closer too another relegation week after week.

MESSAGES->author

20 October, 2017 15:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
Also noticed that Sutton Utd have loaned out Moses Emmanuel to Maidenhead Utd for 2 months.. Bit surprised by that coz as far as I understand he has done ok at Sutton since signing from Dover.

sorry, I have got my players mixed up. its ross Lafayette at Sutton that has had a good season so far not moses Emmanuel. Emmanuel has yet to make an appearance yet this season I believe.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 15:27
He has been truly awful every game I have seen him. Perhaps it’s a plan to weaken Dover.

MESSAGES->author

20 October, 2017 15:36
The Dover manager Chris Kinnear is a smart astute boss that has a good eye for a player so he must see something in Alabi maybe?

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 15:40
I have seen him play and feel its more of a loss than a gain IMO

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 15:45
Should have come on against chester, if he was ever gonna prove himself that was it .

Stupid loaning him to promotion rivals . Mellon is losing it

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 16:05
Nothing about him impressed and loaning him out is the best of a bad job.It is ironic that we may have to pay for a player that we do not want. He had a productive season at Chester but even then many of their supporters did not rate him and he clearly was not rated by Accrington.
Stocton came back a better player because he was given a real run. How that contrasts with our attitude to Gumbs Duggan and the promise of Drysdale

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 17:41
It’s one hell of a move as well. Chester to tranmere, no house move required. Tranmere to Dover 300 odd miles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 17:41 by mini_andy.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 17:51
Its a strange one for sure....
There are two thoughts on this,
1) Its a smart move, get the player regular game time and play into a bit of form, bring him back in January when if rumour is to be believed Cook will be on his way.
2) Mellon is an idiot.

I really can't decide which one it is.

Bolton Rover
Bolton Rover (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 18:18
Too many Tranmere fans have given abuse to Alabi so it has been impossible for him to settle. Mellon had to free up cash for loan signings and I guess this was the best option on the table. I don't blame Mellon - I blame those fans who never gave him a chance.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 18:37
Dover seem to think it's till the end of the season.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 19:01
To stunned to comment

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 19:12
I only saw him play a couple of times, at Eastleigh he was not good at all, but at Bromley he was playing a lot better.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 19:13
Not to bothered and it may do the lad some good. plus we have plenty of scapegoats still here. sorry I meant strikers

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 19:20
If we're shipping him out on loan then it was always going to be to another NL club - no league club would take him and it'd be a waste of time him dropping down a level (doubt he'd agree to it anyway). Can probably only judge when we see how he does when he comes back, plus how MM deploys the wages on a new signing in the meantime.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 20:14
Happy with this, can see him being the same at Dover.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 20:24
In fairness Alabi isn't a goal scorer and probably wasn't bought to solve that problem, I think he was purchased to be a handful and cause problems creating space for the likes of Tollit, who is out again.

Hasn't worked at Rovers so far, let's see what he does at Dover.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 21:04
Quote:
corpac
The mind bogles.
Spot on, Why send him there, Why is he good enough for them but not good enough for us

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 21:28
Dover are confident it's longer than January, not what Trfc are reporting, strange on their official Twitter.
Dover Athletic FC
@DoverAthletic
Replying to @... and 2 others
Until the end of the season

Trfcfan.check your details

Dover Athletic FC
@DoverAthletic

Um, no!

😂😂😂savage (Dover fan)

Trfcfan
Clueless more like

Dover Athletic FC
@DoverAthletic
John, with all due respect, you are incorrect. ST loan until 12th Jan, LT loan from 13th until May 18.

Trfcfan
In which you've presumably released details of a loan deal TRFC wanted to portray as short term when it was nothing like #goodpractice 👌

Dover Athletic FC
@DoverAthletic
Theres not a non-disclosure clause in the agreement and we’ve not been asked to keep it ‘secret’. Beyond that, afraid I can’t help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 21:35 by trfc-boi.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 21:48
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
If we're shipping him out on loan then it was always going to be to another NL club - no league club would take him

Despite what he has no managed to do at Tranmere I feel to see how you can know what any managers of football league clubs do or don't think of him.

Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
corpac
The mind bogles.
Spot on, Why send him there, Why is he good enough for them but not good enough for us

He hasn't even played for them yet, so he might not be good for them.

My feelings are that he may become another Stockton who comes back more able to deal with the situation. I don't care what anyone says; but when you score 17 at NL level in one season, you've got to have a decent amount of NL standard quality with the potential to possibly move up 1-2 levels, after more game time and development of skill.

He should have been able to prove his worth at a club with the potential to finance higher quality players than Chester, who could support his scoring ability but without an extended run it has proven difficult for him to get that first goal and kick on.

I have heard nothing to suggest he has some kind of unprofessional attitude or done anything that may have tainted the clubs image so I wish him well and if he can come back at some point and start making a more meaningful impact all the good to him.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 22:45
Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
corpac
The mind bogles.
Maybe for the same reason we loaned Stockton to a League 2 club even tho he apparently wasn't good enough for us and why Drysdlale who can't even get on the bench for us was training with Championship clubs!!
Pleased by this - and if it is for the whole season so much the better. Then MM only has to find someone to take him for the second year of his contract which he gave him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 23:17 by ADD.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 23:23
Why are Dover saying hes on a season long loan and Rovers saying a short loan?

Sounds like we dont fancy paying for his services and are trying to avoid the fee when its been decided by a tribunal?

I have to say, hes not worth paying a fee for and if him going to Dover prevents us having to pay anything then its the right decision.

Still wondering what Mellon was referring to when he said he had other priorities when the Archer link was raised the other day?

Wingers? Defenders or Midfielders?

Maybe Waring and Mangan could be the next to be shipped out? He did make it sound like theres a few to be moved on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 02:40 by pez.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 02:01
Good luck to the lad, hope he bangs them in for supporters who won't slate him for the combined 120mins he's probably played.

Honestly though, probably fits a more counter attacking team style so might do well feeding off the target man that is Ryan Bird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 02:03 by rossb07.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 05:35
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
If we're shipping him out on loan then it was always going to be to another NL club - no league club would take him

Despite what he has no managed to do at Tranmere I feel to see how you can know what any managers of football league clubs do or don't think of him.

Just my opinion, subsequently borne out by fact.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 09:19
If he starts, Alabi hattrick today, sodslaw

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 09:49
When he signed for us the Chester fans said that he's not a target he is better running at defences. Look at his Chester goals. We used him as a target man and wonder why he did'nt score. I assume we signed him because of the goals he scored for them and then we dont play to his strengths.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 10:57
To add some stats to show why I think this is a good move.

He has played 403 minutes for us this season and scored 0 goals and had 0 assists. For the most part as many of us would agree in those 403 minutes he has not looked very good at all.

Last season he scored 17 in 42 matches. BUT 4 of those were penalties. If they had another penalty taker that would be 13 in 42 games so not exactly prolific. Another important point is he had 0 assists last season.

Norwood had 16 in 43 matches and started less games last season than Alabi but chipped in with 8 assists.

To me it looked like a speculative signing that has gone wrong as there seems to be little potential to eak out of Alabi.

There weren’t sufficient pre season games for him to be evaluated and I believe now we aren’t wasting a spot in the team for him we can start to kick on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 10:58 by DCTRFC.

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 11:15
Quote:
DCTRFC
He has played 403 minutes for us this season and scored 0 goals and had 0 assists. For the most part as many of us would agree in those 403 minutes he has not looked very good at all.

Last season he scored 17 in 42 matches. BUT 4 of those were penalties. If they had another penalty taker that would be 13 in 42 games so not exactly prolific. Another important point is he had 0 assists last season.

Norwood had 16 in 43 matches and started less games last season than Alabi but chipped in with 8 assists.

To me it looked like a speculative signing that has gone wrong as there seems to be little potential to eak out of Alabi.

There weren’t sufficient pre season games for him to be evaluated and I believe now we aren’t wasting a spot in the team for him we can start to kick on.

Superb use of stats to prove what we have all seen with our own eyes.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 16:22
Quote:
Kenny_Crons
Quote:
DCTRFC

Superb use of stats to prove what we have all seen with our own eyes.
So why did we sign him. Two strikers brought in by MM are now out on loan.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 19:38
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

That would be fact if there was at least one league club looking at his services as well and Alabi chose the NL as he felt it would suit him better.

The situation lends itself to your theory certainly, but not knowing if any league options were available as well, I still don't see your assertion as becoming a proven fact.

Sorry smiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 19:39 by Matt34.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 19:47
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

That would be fact if there was at least one league club looking at his services as well and Alabi chose the NL as he felt it would suit him better.

The situation lends itself to your theory certainly, but not knowing if any league options were available as well, I still don't see your assertion as becoming a proven fact.

Sorry smiling smiley.

Matt, he's shi7e, end of,he was a poor gamble, 17 goals last term in NL for Chester who actually had a decent side last season and did really well early on, compared with Ricky Miller who scored hatfuls in what was also a mediocre team, and has hardly set the FL on fire, Stockton was probably minutes per goal up their as highest scorer, didn't blaze a train at Morecambe and can't get a kick over the border. Alabi is no where near either of them in terms of quality.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 20:01
We’ve tried him it hasn’t worked so it makes complete sense for him to go out on loan. We signed him on the back of his 17 goals for Chester last season, nowt wrong with that decision at all!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 22:24
Agreed and that's what people need to remember when judging Mellon on the signing, as some people in the past have judged the manager for signing someone, based on that player having been at the club for 3-6 months, but managers can't sign people based on foresight, so therefore they can't be judged on it.

Therefore Mellon would obviously want to sign Alabi based on his past record and the last season he did well enough to suggest a step up of some kind might work out.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 23:03
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

Sorry smiling smiley.

No need to apologise for misunderstanding, just move on smiling smiley.

Seems Alabi had a decent debut for Dover today. Still unclear why there's confusion over the length of the deal, though. Must say recent events do seem strange - the confusion over this deal, plus sending out the new signings on loan, plus news only just breaking that Rokka has been crocked the last six weeks, now two more mystery injuries to the fullbacks. A logical reason for each, perhaps, but still very unusual - not sure what to make of it all tbh.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 06:11
Quote:
[www.tapatalk.com
]Today James was quick, committed, skilful, won headers, held the ball up and put himself about very well. WE don't have a forward with those abilities and, if he is allowed to play inside instead of isolated on the wing, will score loads of goals for us. On a tough day for everyone, he was worth the entrance money alone.

Seems like he did have a good game, good luck to the lad.

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 06:30
Two of our players now playing for teams above us in the league . Waring scoring for Halifax giving them a point in the score draw which pushes them higher up the league than us where is the logic in lending players out to rival teams above us ?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 06:56
Quote:
rossb07
Quote:
[www.tapatalk.com
]Today James was quick, committed, skilful, won headers, held the ball up and put himself about very well. WE don't have a forward with those abilities and, if he is allowed to play inside instead of isolated on the wing, will score loads of goals for us. On a tough day for everyone, he was worth the entrance money alone.

As the half time whistle blew against Torquay (his debut), some fans had already made their opinion of him, and let him know as he left the pitch.

Maybe that’s the difference. Players are expected to fail here.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 13:46
What a pity we cannot send our manager out on loan until he finds his former but at this point I cannot see too many clubs wanting him

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 14:03
Quote:
mini_andy
Quote:
rossb07
Quote:
[www.tapatalk.com

As the half time whistle blew against Torquay (his debut), some fans had already made their opinion of him, and let him know as he left the pitch.

Maybe that’s the difference. Players are expected to fail here.

I don't remember any fans getting at him specifically TBH at half time but I do remember his complete inability to control a football in all the time he was on the pitch at Torquay!

Maybe if continues doing well for them they will buy him and save us the waste of a second year on his contract. A win win in my book.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 15:38
Quote:
DevonExile
What a pity we cannot send our manager out on loan until he finds his former but at this point I cannot see too many clubs wanting him
what a good idea ha ha

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 16:48
How about sending some of us fans out on loan to see some improved performances! smiling smiley Macclesfield are short of a few fans! Pick your club! If you're feeling particularly miserable a loan spell at Chester would suit; you'd fit in well there (naming no names!).

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 17:10
Quesiton for you guys...be honest....why do you think that the 2 players MM sent out on loan played well in there first games with the other clubs ?

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 17:14
Quote:
Shaumbra
Quesiton for you guys...be honest....why do you think that the 2 players MM sent out on loan played well in there first games with the other clubs ?
probably after frustration with us they felt they got something to prove

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 17:26
Quote:
Shaumbra

Could be any number of reasons. Way too early to read anything into it. How many times over the years have we had loan players who flattered to deceive, fading into nothing after promising starts.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 06:54
Probably due to poor man management and poor training. More focus on running than skill .

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 09:53
Quote:
Phil65
How about sending some of us fans out on loan to see some improved performances! smiling smiley Macclesfield are short of a few fans! Pick your club! If you're feeling particularly miserable a loan spell at Chester would suit; you'd fit in well there (naming no names!).

Brilliant idea! I will even pay the loan fee, especially for the group of “supporters” who were sat near me at Hartlepool. Nothing but whinge, moan and criticise from start to finish. As I’ve said many a time, some people are only happy when they are moaning.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 10:01
Quote:
Shaumbra

I think it's a long-standing issue in the lower leagues. Generally, players perform better when their future is unsure than when they have just signed a two-year contract. You see quite often a player sign a long-term deal and their performances suddenly drop off a little. That's not a dig at players, but as lower league footballers are often on insecure contracts that feeling of being able to relax a little with a long deal can take a little off their edge.

It's just like when players come to us and are excellent on loan, then poorer when we sign them. If you sign players on loan who know they don't have a future with you (as when we went down twice) they don't play with that edge either. It's the Dunn/Tollit type of loanees which work when players know they are playing for their futures.

We've seen this with other forwards in recent seasons - on fire pre-season, but not good enough when signed, who are on fire when they move to new clubs and then reduce their performance levels. One reason why good players are at this level is consistency - if they could perform as they do when they have fire in their bellies they would be League players, but maintaining that fire is hard for them to do.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 13:35
Spot on C&C. And this was also surely a factor in the kids' heroic 1-0 win at Maidstone last season against a team who had nothing to play for. Again, not a dig, just an observation about the fine margins in hunger and performance levels necessary to maintain a career rather than just doing it in short blasts.

Back to Alabi, I still think he'll have something to offer us in the future but, under current circumstances, a loan could work out well for all parties. Very similar to Stockton's situation last season in that regard.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 13:40
If it was a 1-2 month loan, then I’d agree with you. However a season long loan suggests he has no place at the club.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 13:44
Quote:
mini_andy
If it was a 1-2 month loan, then I’d agree with you. However a season long loan suggests he has no place at the club.

Do we know for sure what the deal is yet? Last I heard we were saying it's only until January but they were saying it's the full season. I'd assumed they were wrong, maybe confusing end of year with end of season, but I haven't seen a definitive answer on this yet.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 14:38
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
mini_andy

Do we know for sure what the deal is yet? Last I heard we were saying it's only until January but they were saying it's the full season. I'd assumed they were wrong, maybe confusing end of year with end of season, but I haven't seen a definitive answer on this yet.

It was the official Dover page commenting, and they seemed pretty certain that it was until the end of the season, so I assume they’re correct.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 14:53
Our official site specifically states January. No reason not to believe that, though you'd have thought somebody in authority or in the media would have explained the discrepancy by now.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 16:07
I’m led to believe it’s done under 2 loans. One until January, one until the end of the season. They’ve just announced the second one early, and stated that their was no agreement saying they couldn’t.

Could it be a rule that you can only loan until January?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 16:58
Could be, I guess, though it wouldn't be much of a rule if you can get round it that easily. Either way, if he does the business for Dover I'd hope we'd be able to recall him in January (or at any time after that).

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 18:09
Considering Alabi started ahead of our best goalscorer in the first game and then in subsequent games it's a bit of a slap in the face for Mellon.
It could be he was forced into it. Palios may have told him they need to offload before they recrute which is fair enough.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

26 October, 2017 19:52
Quote:
mini_andy
I’m led to believe it’s done under 2 loans. One until January, one until the end of the season. They’ve just announced the second one early, and stated that their was no agreement saying they couldn’t.
Could it be a rule that you can only loan until January?

This is standard procedure for mid season season long loans, When we signed Ryan Shotton on a season long loan we actually took him until Christmas week and then from January 2nd or something. The reason is the amount of games sandwiched in over the period, the parent clubs do not like to risk a fatigue injury to the player which they will Ultimatley be left with a bill for and less so it gives the parent club an oportunity to asses mid term wether the loan is providing them with what they want i.e we send Alabi out to Dover for games and fitness then they bench him.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

27 October, 2017 09:35
The rules are only around registration. At the moment we can only register loanees until the next transfer window. That rule isn't there to prevent longer-term signings - it's just that loans have to be short-term or they would be a transfer outside the window.

There is nothing to stop us selling Alabi to Dover today, if the contract states the fee is paid today but the registration isn't changed until January. He could then play for Dover on loan from Tranmere until the end of his loan, and then become their signings.

Clubs often sign players outside of the transfer window but cannot play them (I think United signed someone at the end of last season, whilst Leicester did this by mistake with the player who was registered 14 seconds after the window closed - although in those cases there wasn't a loan system which enabled the players to play, but if there was in the Premiership that Leicester player would be allowed to play on loan.)

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

27 October, 2017 18:22
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
The rules are only around registration. At the moment we can only register loanees until the next transfer window. That rule isn't there to prevent longer-term signings - it's just that loans have to be short-term or they would be a transfer outside the window.
There is nothing to stop us selling Alabi to Dover today, if the contract states the fee is paid today but the registration isn't changed until January. He could then play for Dover on loan from Tranmere until the end of his loan, and then become their signings.

Clubs often sign players outside of the transfer window but cannot play them (I think United signed someone at the end of last season, whilst Leicester did this by mistake with the player who was registered 14 seconds after the window closed - although in those cases there wasn't a loan system which enabled the players to play, but if there was in the Premiership that Leicester player would be allowed to play on loan.)

There is no transfer window in the National League, we can sign any player at any time for any fee and can play up to 5 loanees in any one fixture.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 22:22
Alabi scored the first goal for Dover in their 2-1 win today.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 23:09
Quote:
BELMONT
Alabi scored the first goal for Dover in their 2-1 win today.

Bit of a bitter sweet one that; pleased for Alabi, but not for Dover's win.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 11:13
The more goals he scores the better his confidence must be?

Consequently, if his level of performance continues to improve it is another option come January for MM?

It appears JA has started every game for Dover since signing and surely must be a fit for their style of play.

Chris Kinnear is a very good manager and has virtually rebuilt his side for this season, so he must see something in JA?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 15:36
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Consequently, if his level of performance continues to improve it is another option come January for MM?

It appears JA has started every game for Dover since signing and surely must be a fit for their style of play.

Chris Kinnear is a very good manager and has virtually rebuilt his side for this season, so he must see something in JA?

+1 should stay there for as long as it takes to find his scoring boots and confidence

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 20:36
Playing really really well for them by all accounts.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 22:40
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

+1 should stay there for as long as it takes to find his scoring boots and confidence

The only trouble with that is every goal he scores for Dover is a nail in our coffin as far as getting above Dover, it would perhaps been better going back to Chester or similar but not to a rival who's aim is also promotion.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 23:42
I heard he scored yesterday with a header!

I think he'd do alright in our team the way we're set up now. But if he keeps doing the business at Dover, as well as boosting his own confidence it should also mean there'll be a bit less resistance (and therefore pressure) from our fans when he does next play for us. A bit like when Stockton came back from Morecambe, and hopefully with the same impact.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 14:06
I don't think he'll be coming back tbh, I reckon he'll be their player come January.

Just seems a bit odd he's gone there and we haven't even paid Chester for him yet?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net