football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Tranmere Youth
19 October, 2017 10:03
Great win again for the boys last night. Well done to them and Parky! A credit to the club!

Their great start to the season got me wondering how many of these will ever make the first team proper, and how many will be jettisoned one year after having signed professional contracts to be replaced by "shop in the potential shop" loan players? Not hopeful TBH.

As an aside I see Drysdale is still featuring - does anyone know what is happening? Is he still potentially going or have the Championship clubs lost interest?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere Youth
19 October, 2017 11:29
If they're good enough they'll make the breakthrough; if not, they'll be jettisoned. The club has an outstanding record in making those calls, Vaulks being the only exception I can think of in the last 10-15 years.

I suppose this then raises the question as to whether it's worth bothering with youth development at all. I'd hate to see it go, but if we're losing academy funding at a time when the EPL/EFL clubs are increasingly hoovering up all the young talent, meaning we're not able to produce enough good players of our own, I can see there is an argument.

But yes, well done to the lads and hopefully they'll get through a few more rounds yet.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 21:00
There is a strong case for playing Drysdale now.It amazes me that with a player of potential we are not at least putting him on the bench to use a sub and build experience. Given that Duggan and Gumbs made their first team debut when we were in the league our record of bringing players through in the last three years is hardly encouraging and yet we readily borrow and use some pretty mediocre and inexperienced players from other clubs

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 22:52
I see the lads have been drawn at home against Blackburn in the 1st round. Tie to be played by November 4th. Should be a good test.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 November, 2017 20:58
Won 1.0 great result

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 November, 2017 21:10
Wrong twitter lost 1.0

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 November, 2017 23:19
Was the match result posted on Twitter the day before by Pru Leith?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

02 November, 2017 13:51
I'd like to see the FA Trophy being used to blood our youngsters this season. The likes of Pilling and Drysdale should definitely start in those matches.

It seemed that Stockton used the Barrow match to demand his place in the starting team, which helped a lot as the season progressed. It might be a good opportunity to try the same this year, especially if we get some easier early ties.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 19:40
Few youngsters playing in senior cup 2nte and Buxton and Dawson .and the long awaited elliot rocka.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 20:03
Devarn Green has scored in his first appearance after 2 minutes

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 02:42
Sadly they went on to lose 2-1 - and the "lesser spotted" Dawson was once again seen in a Tranmere shirt!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net