hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Peterborough united away
16 October, 2017 18:19
that's us out then

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Peterborough united away
16 October, 2017 18:23
Remember losing there in 1st round.not like u hkr to be negative.let's get a draw and bring them back here

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:24
Them 5-0 drubbings of 3 different managers still hurts. Fa cup and league cup battering. Worst possible draw.

MESSAGES->author

16 October, 2017 18:25
we rarely do well there loyden, stayed up for the draw, off to bed now. maybe we could get a draw there?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:27
19 Feb 2011 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers W 2-1 League One
24 Aug 2013 Tranmere Rovers v Peterborough United W 0-5 League One
07 Dec 2013 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers W 5-0 FA Cup
18 Jan 2014 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers W 3-0 League

MESSAGES->author

16 October, 2017 18:30
Quote:
Hardly Irons
19 Feb 2011 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers W 2-1 League One
24 Aug 2013 Tranmere Rovers v Peterborough United W 0-5 League One
07 Dec 2013 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers W 5-0 FA Cup
18 Jan 2014 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers W 3-0 League

blimey hardly, that reads worse than my school reports, lol

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:31
Posh bang out of form lost 5/6 i believe, keep things tight and you never know

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:35
Lost their last 3 in league one but still in seventh place

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:39
Agree looks the worst possible draw however, whilst currently seventh in League 1 have had a couple of recent home defeats.

Think positive, no Brett Asombolonga (can't spell his name but, I am sure you know who I mean now at Middlesbrough), who did the damage in the last two games. We need to see how we cope against league opposition and we may have better officials!!!!!

As stated, draw would be great with a reply for the cash.

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:41
Chance to knock it around, no presure and play a proper game of football, with a proper referee. I fancy our chances. Remember they have a man mountain to pass if they are to score!!! STEEEEEEEVE

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:41
Everyone move on from the past and stop being so so negative

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:51
Looking forward to see who we get in the 2nd round now .

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:59
Never enjoyed it much down there.but have seen us win and draw there.we drew 1 year and had to ask police to remove a giant posh fan from ourmini bus bonnet.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 19:07
The absolute worst draw possible. I believe we have drawn them 5 times in the FA Cup in the last 14 years[at least I read that elsewhere]and we've lost every time.I also saw us lose 1-0 there in an FA Cup tie in the mid 70's when Steve Coppell was our one man up front.

Also the cost on the train is above the limit I put on trips to away football games,so I guess I won't be going.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 19:24
What a@#$%&draw. Won’t be a money spinner, pain in the @#$%& to get to so won’t be attending, not a great chance of winning, won’t be on telly. Why are we never lucky in these situations?

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 19:51
Very unfortunate draw. I've been to Peterborough in the past but won't bother this time. Ironic that this may be a rare opportunity for some decent football but, if it is, we'll probably still lose.

Beamish Screamer
Beamish Screamer (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:19
I remember one game at London Road where Danny Coyne became one of the few players to be sent off on his debut

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:35
Quote:
Beamish Screamer
I remember one game at London Road where Danny Coyne became one of the few players to be sent off on his debut
you'll never beat Dave Higgins game

CosterD
CosterD (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 21:36
This is a banana skin game for Peterborough who have everything to lose so lets remain positive - after all there's no pressure on us for once. Who thought Crystal Palace would beat Chelsea at the weekend so lets wait and see what happens. We may yet be pleasantly surprised.

north end
north end (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 21:50
Come on its the fa cup, our results have improved of late and theirs have got worse. Have been exiled down here (Peterborough)since 1979 thanks to my dad moving for work. Hoping for an upset by any means possible!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 21:53
Quote:
mini_andy
won’t be on telly

Have you contacted the BBC to get this confirmed, or were you having a Mystic Meg moment when you wrote that (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 22:24
Mildly disappointed when I saw the draw but hey-ho, we just have to get on with it. We can win!

MESSAGES->author

17 October, 2017 03:05
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Agree looks the worst possible draw however, whilst currently seventh in League 1 have had a couple of recent home defeats.
Think positive, no Brett Asombolonga (can't spell his name but, I am sure you know who I mean now at Middlesbrough), who did the damage in the last two games. We need to see how we cope against league opposition and we may have better officials!!!!!

As stated, draw would be great with a reply for the cash.

Theyve got ricky miller now but at the moment it seems as if he has left his shooting boots in the NL. He hasnt found the net yet but think he has only played about half a dozen games for posh so far..see that peterboro were booed off the pitch by their own fans last saturday when they lost at home to a managerless gillingham side.

MESSAGES->author

17 October, 2017 03:57
Have been to london road once before. 1-1 draw and chris malkin scored. Pretty sure it was in our 88/89 promotion from div 4 season. I was working in london at the time and got the train up there from kings cross/st pancras. Got to the ground really early and sat in the away section of their main stand. Before the game I went to the snack bar underneath the stand for my cup of tea n mars bar and got talking to the young lass that was serving there. She was a student at college / university and was doing the job to help her with a bit of cash to get thru her studies. Anyway, we got talking and she was a nice lass and she was telling me that she had been doing the job for over a year. We got talking about all the different away fans that she had encountered and she said that pretty much most of them were a good laugh and treated her well with the exception of one group of fans. That group being cardiff city. They had been there the season before and she described them as a 'vile horrible lot.' Calling her an english sl*g and all sorts of foul abuse.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 04:52
Would have been good to put are selves up against a league two club
Just give it ago
I think playing away might help us

MESSAGES->author

17 October, 2017 06:17
See that truro got drawn away to charlton. The first team from cornwall to reach the fa cup 1st round for 49 years. The last cornish side to reach this stage was falmouth town in 1968 when they lost to peterboro 5-2.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 06:19
Great draw! I live 30 miles away from Peterborough!

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 08:33
Hey if we're gonna win this thing we've got to beat whoever they put in front of us. Unfortunate draw for sure, but there are sterner tests to come.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 08:37
Not a good draw but you never know. It will be interesting to see how we perform against a team from a higher league.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 09:11
We might do ok as they will presumably not be parking the bus which has been our problem so far this season in not being able to get round the bus so to speak!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 10:29
Quote:
hong kong rover
Have been to london road once before. 1-1 draw and chris malkin scored. Pretty sure it was in our 88/89 promotion from div 4 season. I was working in london at the time and got the train up there from kings cross/st pancras. Got to the ground really early and sat in the away section of their main stand. Before the game I went to the snack bar underneath the stand for my cup of tea n mars bar and got talking to the young lass that was serving there. She was a student at college / university and was doing the job to help her with a bit of cash to get thru her studies. Anyway, we got talking and she was a nice lass and she was telling me that she had been doing the job for over a year. We got talking about all the different away fans that she had encountered and she said that pretty much most of them were a good laugh and treated her well with the exception of one group of fans. That group being cardiff city. They had been there the season before and she described them as a 'vile horrible lot.' Calling her an english sl*g and all sorts of foul abuse.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 10:32
Sorry hkr but I was hoping for a good ending like we went for a few drinks and back to her flat etc etc.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 11:15
Getting them back to Prenton Park, and winning 7-0 in the re-arranged game, would be nice.

MESSAGES->author

17 October, 2017 12:23
Quote:
Loyden1
Sorry hkr but I was hoping for a good ending like we went for a few drinks and back to her flat etc etc.

Hehehe lol nice one loyden. Nothing like that mate, I was the perfect gent. Strictly a football day n nothing else.

MESSAGES->author

17 October, 2017 12:32
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
Getting them back to Prenton Park, and winning 7-0 in the re-arranged game, would be nice.

Nice one c&c good call. I was at that game at prenton vs peterboro when the floodlights failed. I was sat in the main stand that night and iirc 2 of the floodlights failed with about 30 mins of the game remaining. Peterboro were leading 1-0 and deserved their lead. They wanted to continue, saying to the ref that they thought there was sufficient light to see out the game but the ref said no and abandoned it. Naturally rovers were happy with the decision coz they hadnt played well. 7-0 to rovers in the re-arranged game with muiry netting 4 of them.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 12:47
It is the FA cup. Anything can happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2017 12:48 by 853OKG.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 13:05
We had a post on here a while back and about draws gone by and I said we have not had a decent draw for years ,we usually get the likes of Peterborough and low and behold .who do we get ..I am out of hospital now but Jesus does my knee hurt hopefully only another six weeks to go then back into the main stand ,we should be top by them 😳

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 13:25
Looking on the POSH thread they are already talking about round 2 and monies coming in .One of there guys called it a "pony" draw .one good thread its not a "pony" because even if they are non league there support is superb and they expect 500-1000 TRFC to attend .There knowledge of TRFC stinks as well as they say that our form is as bad as theres .Hopefully they are in for a surprise !!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 13:16
I fancy our chances, we struggle in this league because we don't have enough guile to break teams down, we won't need to break posh down. The likes of Norwood and Jennings will be really dangerous with their pace on the break.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 13:39
Has it been confirmed whether we are playing on the Saturday or Sunday yet?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 13:42
Date not yet confirmed, no. Could even be the Friday or Monday if chosen for live TV, though I reckon that's highly unlikely.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 13:45
I couldn't even bring myself to watch it on TV. I think I've got actual PTSD from going those last three Peterborough games.

MESSAGES->author

19 October, 2017 15:48
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Date not yet confirmed, no. Could even be the Friday or Monday if chosen for live TV, though I reckon that's highly unlikely.

the live Friday game has been announced by the BBC, Hyde Utd v MK Dons.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 15:57
It says on BBC website that there are eight games on the Sunday,but it doesn't say what those eight are.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 15:57
I doubt if we will be chosen for the live game as we would be seen as less if a potential giant killer when we are away but I think we may have a chance so if it goes to a replay then they might pick it up

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 16:16
The other two live games on BT are Shaw Lane v Mansfield (Sat, 12:30) and Chorley v Fleetwood (Mon 7.45). I guess BBC have had to wait on BT before they can announce the 8 Sunday games.

MESSAGES->author

19 October, 2017 16:22
its always the same with the FA Cup tv coverage. always a non league side at home to league opposition. they are just looking for the potential upsets. its always been the same for years

MESSAGES->author

19 October, 2017 16:32
about 4 years ago, there was a live tv FA cup 1st round match, Shortwood Utd v Port Vale. I only found out recently that shortwood utd are based in the same village/town as FGR. useless but interesting info, lol.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 17:14
Quote:
hong kong rover
about 4 years ago, there was a live tv FA cup 1st round match, Shortwood Utd v Port Vale. I only found out recently that shortwood utd are based in the same village/town as FGR. useless but interesting info, lol.
ahh yes the good burghers of shortwood.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 20:46
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Beamish Screamer
Thanks for the memory prompt, been trying to workout who we played when Danny Coyne was sent off on debut.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 22:31
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Beamish Screamer
Thanks for the memory prompt, been trying to workout who we played when Danny Coyne was sent off on debut.
quick one for our older readers .who did we play when gerry Casey got sent off on debut ?

MESSAGES->author

20 October, 2017 12:24
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Beamish Screamer
quick one for our older readers .who did we play when gerry Casey got sent off on debut ?

good question loyden, but a bit before my time. ive checked the answer but wont reveal it. Casey was actually the very first player ever to be sent off on his debut in the football league. history making for the wrong reasons, lol.. I know that steve peplow was the very first rovers player to be sent off by red card in the 76/77 season. that being the season that red n yellow cards were first introduced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 12:25 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

20 October, 2017 12:34
Triv.. Q. who was the first ever England player to be sent off playing for England in a full international match?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 15:20 by hong kong rover.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 16:06
Mullery saw it on tv

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 16:44
Hkr I was at torquay in 1968 ist game of season after a promotion when gerry Casey nutted john bond.we must of had 2000 fans there .very hard to get to then.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 08:27
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
mini_andy
won’t be on telly

Have you contacted the BBC to get this confirmed, or were you having a Mystic Meg moment when you wrote that (Sm7)

Just call me mystic Andy..........

MESSAGES->author

21 October, 2017 11:53
Quote:
kennyspint
Mullery saw it on tv

Correct, Alan Mullery.. Always loved that Alan Mullery goal for Fulham vs Leicester that won the BBC Match of the day goal of the season in 1974. One of the most sweetly struck volleys u are ever likely to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 11:58 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 19:59
My soothsayer friend says the same as mystic Andy .we won't be on tv and he goes further and advises people to save their money and don't go as we will get thrashed 4-0 .if by chance he is mistaken I will dismiss him instantly and confiscate his fish bowl. Just saying

MESSAGES->author

27 October, 2017 15:11
just been looking at peterboro's latest form ahead of our FA Cup clash with them next weekend. they have only taken 1 point from their last 5 games in league 1 and tmrw they are at home to table toppers shrewsbury, so it may well be 1 point from 6 games. a good time for us to be playing them hopefully although London road hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net