football
Latest News:

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Rovers Reargaurd
08 October, 2017 20:47
It’s back!

The original and best (in my opinion) Rovers fan site has returned after being shut for donkies years.

They don’t have any plans for a forum, so we’re safe on that front.

Great news to see them back though!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Rovers Reargaurd
08 October, 2017 22:19
Cheers for that mini_andy. Paid it a visit and the photograph on the Chester match report appears to confirm what I thought I saw at the time (sometimes I think the mind plays tricks and makes you see what it wants you to see), that is clear contact from the Chester keeper on Norwoods leg and a stonewall penalty. Surprised how little fuss has been made of a shocking decision by the ref, not only to miss the contact, but then book Norwood for diving. I guess we've become immune to the travesties of the officialdom in the backwoods of this hillbilly haven.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

08 October, 2017 22:27
Quote:
Phil65
Cheers for that mini_andy. Paid it a visit and the photograph on the Chester match report appears to confirm what I thought I saw at the time (sometimes I think the mind plays tricks and makes you see what it wants you to see), that is clear contact from the Chester keeper on Norwoods leg and a stonewall penalty. Surprised how little fuss has been made of a shocking decision by the ref, not only to miss the contact, but then book Norwood for diving. I guess we've become immune to the travesties of the officialdom in the backwoods of this hillbilly haven.

Can a booking be appealed in the same way a sending off can so the points are cancelled?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 07:46
Quote:
mini_andy
It’s back!
The original and best (in my opinion) Rovers fan site has returned after being shut for donkies years.

They don’t have any plans for a forum, so we’re safe on that front.

Great news to see them back though!

Cheers for that andy.. ive had a look. There is a tough rovers quiz on there. I got 5/10.....one of the questions in the quiz..Q. Since we got relegated from the championship in 2001, how many managers have rovers had, including caretakers? I got the answer wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 07:55 by hong kong rover.

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 09:56
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Phil65

Can a booking be appealed in the same way a sending off can so the points are cancelled?

Am pretty certain that a yellow card cannot be appealed .

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 21:54
Quote:
hong kong rover
There is a tough rovers quiz on there. I got 5/10.....one of the questions in the quiz..Q. Since we got relegated from the championship in 2001, how many managers have rovers had, including caretakers? I got the answer wrong.

If it's all of these then it's 16.

Dave Watson

Brian Little

Les Parry

Rob Edwards

Ray Mathias

Gary Brabin

Micky Mellon

Micky Adams

John Barnes

Ronnie Moore

Alan Rodgers

Shaun Garnett

Kevin Sheedy

Paul Carden

Kevin Summerfield

John McMahon

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

10 October, 2017 07:16
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
hong kong rover
There is a tough rovers quiz on there. I got 5/10.....one of the questions in the quiz..Q. Since we got relegated from the championship in 2001, how many managers have rovers had, including caretakers? I got the answer wrong.

If it's all of these then it's 16.

Dave Watson

Brian Little

Les Parry

Rob Edwards

Ray Mathias

Gary Brabin

Micky Mellon

Micky Adams

John Barnes

Ronnie Moore

Alan Rodgers

Shaun Garnett

Kevin Sheedy

Paul Carden

Kevin Summerfield

John McMahon

Good effort matt, roversrearguard had the answer down as 15.

MESSAGES->author

19 October, 2017 15:25
just been on the roversrearguard site and there is a clock counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds till we kick off our next match at aldershot, lol. just hope it isn't a countdown to disaster!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2017 15:27 by hong kong rover.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 21:07
Quote:
Phil65

Our last 4 have all been turned down. Borehamwood, orient and chester... all rocksolid

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 21:57
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65

Our last 4 have all been turned down. Borehamwood, orient and chester... all rocksolid

Perhaps the refs are being cruel to be kind, to save us the torture of them being missed!

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 22:18
Cant remember who posted but someone said can we have an indirect free kick instead of a penalty. Now we dont get any we dont know who is our best or worst pen takerf

MESSAGES->author

31 October, 2017 15:31
There is a good little article on the roversrearguard site titled, 'Tranmere's love affair with wingers.' worth a read guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net