football
Latest News:

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

Next up: Leyton Orient (H)
03 October, 2017 21:35
If there is one (fringe) benefit of still being a National League club, it is the regular television exposure we get via BT Sports coverage of non-league football. In days gone by, we would have hoped that being on the telly may have influenced 'Steve' in Irby/Oxton/Moreton to lay down his LFC mug and support his local team instead. Now, it's just a chance to 'tape' a game that we can re-live again at our pleasure. In fact, when I feel the need for a boost of positivity, I often watch last seasons away win against Chester. Actually, that's a bit of a lie. My boys ask me to put it on and forward it to the pitch invasion bit because they love watching the bloke with the long hair (Jesus), running towards the Chester fans flapping his arms like a bird.

Having said that, TV coverage means that we have to tolerate commentators theorising about our current predicament and generally talking rubbish. I wonder how long John Virgo's lad (Adam) will wait before he says that the fixture should be a league game, or when he says Tollitt for the first time. 'Virgs' is a good bloke actually and engages with fans quite a lot on social media - I think he likes us as well, despite a few recent twitter spats with Rovers fans.

We will probably hear the usual stuff about Orient's poor run of form, our poor start, the recent signing of Dylan Mottley and TRFC about to turn the corner. Fair enough I suppose as air time has to be filled and it's pretty standard to go through stuff like that. But I have unearthed a few nuggets of info that AV might think about including on his crib sheet:

1. Seven days before the famous Exeter game that kept us in the league in 1987, Orient added to our relegation fears by beating us 3-1 at Prenton Park.
2. In 1988-89 when we were promoted into the old Division Three, Leyton Orient came up too through the play offs.
3. (False teeth inserted) From 1985 to 1991 an average of 4661 fans have sat in Prenton Park to watch the two teams battle it out as lower league rivals.

Feel free to deploy these as you see fit, Adam.

The last word needs to go to us though. Mickey Mellon was asked about the status of the game in his post-match comments straight after the final whistle on Saturday, and I make him right in what he said. The manager stated that it's irrelevant that the game 'should' be a league fixture because it just isn't, both teams are non-league and should just get on with it.

Well said, gaffer.

So let's enjoy being on the telly, be proud of our fan base, feel satisfied that we are building the infrastructure of a League One club and go out and win the game. Hopefully the game will then be replayed on hard drives for months to come as evidence of our title credentials. It's ok if there isn't a pitch invasion again though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 06:10 by mini_andy.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Next up: Leyton Orient (H)
03 October, 2017 23:10
Interesting again Going for two wins this week. Both 2-0 S W A

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 01:45
Still not sure good win Saturday but have we turned the corner ,1-1 what about the new signings? It was posted as 4coming in ,any gossip?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 02:19
Quote:
Kenny_Crons
If there is one (fringe) benefit of still being a National League club, it is the regular television exposure we get via BT Sports coverage of non-league football. In days gone by, we would have hoped that being on the telly may have influenced 'Steve' in Irby/Oxton/Moreton to lay down his LFC mug and support his local team instead. Now, it's just a chance to 'tape' a game that we can re-live again at our pleasure. In fact, when I feel the need for a boost of positivity, I often watch last seasons away win against Chester. Actually, that's a bit of a lie. My boys ask me to put it on and forward it to the pitch invasion bit because they love watching the bloke with the long hair (Jesus), running towards the Chester fans flapping his arms like a bird.
Having said that, TV coverage means that we have to tolerate commentators theorising about our current predicament and generally talking rubbish. I wonder how long John Virgo's lad (Adam) will wait before he says that the fixture should be a league game, or when he says Tollitt for the first time. 'Virgs' is a good bloke actually and engages with fans quite a lot on social media - I think he likes us as well, despite a few recent twitter spats with Rovers fans.

We will probably hear the usual stuff about Orient's poor run of form, our poor start, the recent signing of Dylan Mottley and TRFC about to turn the corner. Fair enough I suppose as air time has to be filled and it's pretty standard to go through stuff like that. But I have unearthed a few nuggets of info that AV might think about including on his crib sheet:

1. Seven days before the famous Exeter game that kept us in the league in 1987, Orient added to our relegation fears by beating us 3-1 at Prenton Park.
2. In 1988-89 when we were promoted into the old Division Three, Leyton Orient came up too through the play offs.
3. (False teeth inserted) From 1985 to 1991 an average of 4661 fans have sat in Prenton Park to watch the two teams battle it out as lower league rivals.

Feel free to deploy these as you see fit, Adam.

The last word needs to go to us though. Mickey Mellon was asked about the status of the game in his post-match comments straight after the final whistle on Saturday, and I make him right in what he said. The manager stated that it's irrelevant that the game 'should' be a league fixture because it just isn't, both teams are non-league and should just get on with it.

Well said, gaffer.

So let's enjoy being on the telly, be proud of our fan base, feel satisfied that we are building the infrastructure of a League One club and go out and win the game. Hopefully the game will then be replayed on hard drives for months to come as evidence of our title credentials. It's ok if there isn't a pitch invasion again though.

Never knew adam virgo was the son of john virgo..wonder if he is as good as his dad at doing impersonations? Johns famous impression of hurricane higgins was class.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 02:21 by hong kong rover.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 05:53
I’ve still no confidence at the minute, I think we might scrape a 1-0 with mr Tollitt coming off the bench to win it.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 06:50
I think to much pressure is being placed on Tollit even the manager has been referring to him in pre Match interviews. He's only played a few games for us and at the beginning of his time here I recall many critis about his final ball, holding onto it to long etc. Really hope that the usual suspects in the crowd lay off him when he hasn't scored a hatrick after 60 minutes or created 14 goals and just let him get on with getting fit. He can be as fit as he likes on GPS but you can't replace games as the go to mark of fitness and he will need a fair few under his belt.

Fiftyyearsarover

04 October, 2017 08:38
+1 spot on

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 08:46
Some fan's are putting Tollitt on the same pedestal that Goodison had when he was missing from our defence,yes Goodison earned that type of status after year's of leading the backline with his style and leadership .

So when Goody was missing it showed up that the back.(Sm60)

But in Tollitt we seem think or some fan's are that once he's back in the team all things will turn out fine,I agree he's something that's been missing from the team but to earn that status Goody had it takes more than a handful of game's.

Don't get me wrong I hope Tollitt comes in and blaze's out a route out of this damn league also not to bring him back too soon
if he's not yet ready.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 10:45
Loving these write ups, nice one Kenny. The only thing is they give me optimism....so nice one again.

3-1 Rovers. McNulty header amongst them.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 10:51
At some point in the season we are going to get back-to-back wins, so with optimism rather than expectation 1-0, Norwood in the 91st minute

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 10:56
I have a friend coming up from London who is an Os supporter .Commented on our late goals this season and suggested we stay in the pub until the last 10 mins when the gates open .He doesnt hold out much hope for the Orient getting a result .Fingers crossed

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 11:59
Im taking my nephew who is an athletico madrid supporter tonight, be interesting to hear his opinions on the swa

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 12:34
If Tollit returns tonight I reckon we'll win 6 (Tollit x 6) - 2 (Tollit x 2 og)

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 14:45
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
If Tollit returns tonight I reckon we'll win 6 (Tollit x 6) - 2 (Tollit x 2 og)

Have you got Tollit down as ref, Liner x2, Physio and Dr? (Sm22)

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 15:16
Quote:
the kav
Im taking my nephew who is an athletico madrid supporter tonight, be interesting to hear his opinions on the swa
"que esta pasando tio ?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 15:36
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Loving these write ups, nice one Kenny. The only thing is they give me optimism....so nice one again.
3-1 Rovers. McNulty header amongst them.

My scoreline may depend on tonights weather actually, we're looking at 40mph winds and a downpour - changing to 1-0 to us, still McNulty

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 16:16
I'm thinking a 2-0 home win tonight, I'm guessing we will have at least one winger playing so maybe better service to Nors and maybe the midfield will get forward.
Noticed Maccs are top with a goal difference of plus 1, crazy league this season.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 16:30
We have to win tonight, little gap starting to form between the division and the top 4, win puts us 3 points of a play off spot and 7 from top.

Fiftyyearsarover

04 October, 2017 16:31
And good luck to them Macc are playing attacking football so deserve to do well .in my fog filled past wasn't that What Tranmere used to do it ,always remember them getting over the halfway line at least ,those were the days 😡

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 17:33
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
the kav
"que esta pasando tio ?

Had to get him to translate that for me....

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 18:19
cmon the rovers.. rainy night back in Birkenhead.. dave challinor on bt sport

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 18:32
tollitt starting

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 18:33
anyone watching the game on live stream?

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

nwindsor

04 October, 2017 18:43
Who the dickens is Mottley-Henry?

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 18:48
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Who the dickens is Mottley-Henry?
loaned from Barnsley for 1 month, a winger.

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 18:57
nors bundled to the ground there, looked like a penalty to me

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 19:07
Thats how its done cook....(Sm106)

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 19:08
bloody hell. looked like a clear handball from the orient defender in the box, they go up the other end and score

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 19:12
yesss get in cookie, great ball thru from hughes to nors

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 19:15
Game on HKR

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 19:17
Quote:
Shaumbra
Game on HKR

yes

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 19:24
hope tollit is ok

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 19:25
Listening to match on Wirral radio as unable to make game, good to hear Clint hill !

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 19:33
hope tollitt is ok, he didn't hobble off, so maybe its a precaution. we haven't done much since we equalized, should have had 2 pens though I reckon.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 19:35
Sh7te again, no guile at all, hoof to corner, hoof at Cook who has 4 men round him. McNulty pants, to slow caught for pace again.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 19:37
Ben should never have started rushed back by mm in panic. He should have come on as sub.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 20:13
Cuz we got a bit of pace with ball at feet to the by line it's not fkin rocket science

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 20:14
yesss get in, but not been impressed with us in 2nd half though

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 20:37
that was a pretty poor n lacklustre 2nd half from both sides but we got the 3 pts that's what matters

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 20:48
Quote:
Shaumbra
hope tollit is ok
Wirral radio reported that it was not an injury

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 20:48
Quote:
hong kong rover
that was a pretty poor n lacklustre 2nd half from both sides but we got the 3 pts that's what matters

That's the National League I suppose. I'd take another 30 odd of those games if we go up.

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 20:54
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
hong kong rover

That's the National League I suppose. I'd take another 30 odd of those games if we go up.

yes

nwindsor

04 October, 2017 20:56
Quote:
hong kong rover

The only thing that was going to dominate this game as it went on was the weather. Pitch pretty unplayable by the end. I’m just glad to get out with 3 points in those conditions.

MESSAGES->author

04 October, 2017 21:01
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Quote:
hong kong rover

The only thing that was going to dominate this game as it went on was the weather. Pitch pretty unplayable by the end. I’m just glad to get out with 3 points in those conditions.

yes agree, horrible night with the weather, happy with the 3pts. thought we should have had 2 pens in that first half. hope the performances can improve and we start climbing up the table. . if we can have tollitt coming down the left hand side and this barnsley lad coming down the right wing then that will give us plenty of width

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 21:02 by hong kong rover.

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

Absolute $h@t
04 October, 2017 20:09
Decided not to go the game snd watch it at home with a few beers, the right idea by the looks of what i am seeing, The whole team from mellon to Davis (sick of listening to his shouting )haven't got a clue ,feel embarrassed to be a supporter can't put a pass together nothing to do with the weather ,best player in a white shirt is the lad on loan from barnsley. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz good night

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: Absolute $h@t
04 October, 2017 20:19
I know, livid about that deflection to Norwood that put us in the lead.

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 20:40
Quote:
Su- y- army
Decided not to go the game snd watch it at home with a few beers, the right idea by the looks of what i am seeing, The whole team from mellon to Davis (sick of listening to his shouting )haven't got a clue ,feel embarrassed to be a supporter can't put a pass together nothing to do with the weather ,best player in a white shirt is the lad on loan from barnsley. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz good night
Take it back lol

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 20:50
Quote:
Su- y- army
Quote:
Su- y- army
Take it back lol
if the results stay the same as tonight can we play that @#$%& every game...

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:09
Is this a serious post?

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:17
I didn't see the game, down to Wirral raido, Clint Hill had some interesting observations on how the team was set up, particularly when we had corners, and the back 4 sitting too deep. From the commentary it appeared that we played better in the first half and as conditions worsened our play (and Leyton's) got worse. Good to see both Cook and Norwood on the score sheet (can't remember when that last happened in the same game). Getting a result against Chester is now vital to keep confidence and momentum going.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:21
Quote:
Shaumbra
hope tollit is ok

Precautionary i believe. He is not fit im afraid he was wasted after 20 min

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:28
The result is all that matters and another 3 points. Onwards and upwards hopefully the confidence will come back. Get behind the team you all love & stop the negativity. On another note happy birthday to Alan Eatcock. Possibly a typo on the scoreboard or a very unfortunate surname.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 21:54 by Jimsteel.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:29
I thought we were good. Ref was awful but what's new

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 21:30 by kennyspint.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:46
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Shaumbra
hope tollit is ok

He was sat not far from me in the main stand after his injury and bolted up the stairs so I'd say he's fine.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 21:53
I thought we played well in some pretty poor conditions. It’s a results business and we win, so that’s all that matters.

DuchlaPragueAwayKit

04 October, 2017 21:58
Tollitt said it just felt tight so came off as a precaution. Nice to have a midfielder who has pace and a desire to go at the defence for a change.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 22:08
Thought we played well in appalling conditions. Deserved win, showed character to turn it around and should be another confidence booster. Yes, we're not the finished article and Orient aren't world beaters but we're heading in the right direction.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 22:24
Quote:
Jimsteel
On another note happy birthday to Alan Eatcock. Possibly a typo on the scoreboard or a very unfortunate surname.

Could be worse, his name could have been something like Dick Grewcock, or Nobby Shufflebottom.

A good result against Leyton Orient though in obviously not ideal weather conditions and great that the team came back from behind. 7 points off top and 5 points of 5th, so definitely moving in the right direction.

Overall I'm very pleased by this.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Eva_Tranmere
Eva_Tranmere (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 22:31
Happy Birthday, Alan Eatcock! 😳

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 22:41 by Eva_Tranmere.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 22:51
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Thought we played well in appalling conditions. Deserved win, showed character to turn it around and should be another confidence booster. Yes, we're not the finished article and Orient aren't world beaters but we're heading in the right direction.
+1

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 22:53
Quote:
Eva_Tranmere
Happy Birthday, Alan Eatcock! 😳
he said great win but 1 swallow doesn't make a summer. !

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 22:55
The conditions were appalling so we did well to win. Another 3 points on Saturday please.

Yer man from Barnsley looks good, with he and Tollit playing chances will come, need Cook and Norwood to be clinical in putting chances away.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 23:06
Great to see Tollitt back and what a difference to see someone running at defenders again albeit for a brief period; we have missed that! Great debut from Mottley-Henry, loads of pace and willing to take players on. Good result against a strong Orient side; proper football team with none of the usual antics that we see. On the whole, the crosses were much better tonight in difficult conditions. Two wins on the trot is something to celebrate at the moment! Been a while since I felt a buzz coming away from a game. Struggling to understand the negativity, I guess if you're looking for it you'll find it; everyone's entitled to their opinion though. Roll on Saturday!

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 23:08
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Shaumbra
hope tollit is ok

Kav. you are 100% wrong. After all Tollitt himself comfirmed 3 weeks ago he was fitter than ever before... oops sorry he said according to his GPS statssmiling smiley
Good of BT Sport to have Clint Hill as a pundit....
Delighted with with the win but I fear with MM in charge and with his tactics we are destined for at best playoff lottery for the foreseeable future.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 23:59
Well done lads. A horrible night and difficult conditions but you battled and deserved the win.Great seeing Tollitt back briefly and the youngster from Barnsley was very promising.
Do you think we could swap Dunn for him !!!!!??
Roll on Saturday. and Chester. We could do with battering them !! S W A

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 00:49
Another victory by a one goal margin.
While we catch up ,a home win against Chester would show that at least we are trying to turn around the home form ,not getting beaten and maybe edging closer to the turning of the corner.Good to see cook/Norwood score
We are not out of the danger area yet but any team putting a run together will stand a good chance of earning the automatic spot.This league is so tight

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 07:37
Great win in what was a tough game in very tough conditions. We can't say we're back but it's nice to get some points on the board and climb a few places.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 08:26
Obviously, happy we won, but not getting my hopes up yet. Orient are still more of a football team than most in this league and we need to beat the others too which we haven't been doing. While it's true that an endless run of narrow victories would almost certainly see us go up, realistically, we need to be able to win some games by comfortable margins. Maybe we can go on to do that but I think we'll need to play two pacey wingers. It may be that, by the time Tollitt is 100% match fit, it will time for the new lad to leave. We may not see them together which would be a shame. On the other hand, maybe MM can get him (or someone else who's fast and attacking) for the rest of the season? Just over a quarter of the season is gone so things could still go either way but we need to be faster and more attacking and do so in a way which doesn't expose the defence too much. McNulty is a very good player at this level but he lacks pace and this can be risky in a back four.

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 09:50
Quote:
HardlyYardley
Obviously, happy we won, but not getting my hopes up yet. Orient are still more of a football team than most in this league and we need to beat the others too which we haven't been doing. While it's true that an endless run of narrow victories would almost certainly see us go up, realistically, we need to be able to win some games by comfortable margins. Maybe we can go on to do that but I think we'll need to play two pacey wingers. It may be that, by the time Tollitt is 100% match fit, it will time for the new lad to leave. We may not see them together which would be a shame. On the other hand, maybe MM can get him (or someone else who's fast and attacking) for the rest of the season? Just over a quarter of the season is gone so things could still go either way but we need to be faster and more attacking and do so in a way which doesn't expose the defence too much. McNulty is a very good player at this level but he lacks pace and this can be risky in a back four.
I agree Hardly Yardley there was a big difference with the wide players ,less midfield congestion, we need a quick central defender.Though skillful Big Mac needs a speedy accomplish.
A much better performance all round on a very bad night for football the ground staff did a great job. Great atmosphere at Prenton Park last night the fans were brilliant.

Keep the Faith

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 10:02
To be fair to Tollit, trying to come back into driving wind and rain and a soaked pitch isn't the easiest introduction back to first team action. So I'd let the conditions given him the benefit of the doubt as to whether he's fit enough to be starting on a nice day.

I thought Mottley-Henry had a great game and although there was a lot of fortune in where the cross ended, he did very well to get into the position he did.

I actually didn't think the penalty was a handball. It certainly hit it, but there was no intention by the defender and the hand wasn't in an unusual position. If that was near the halfway line it wouldn't have been given, and the fact it prevented a goal doesn't change whether it was a foul or not. The worrying element for me is it is at least the 2nd time this season we've conceding within a minute of thinking we should have had a penalty. Given how few we've conceded, it does seem that we aren't dealing with the counter-attacks too well when feeling aggrieved. That's something we certainly need to work on and keeping concentration.

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 10:05
It it wasn’t for the tv cameras I’m sure the ref would have abandoned the game, such a funny sight watching Dylan speeding down the wing with the ball then suddenly realising the ball was stuck in a puddle miles behind him. It’s glaringly obvious McNulty is getting slower with every game, got caught out a number of times and then resorts to stupid strong arm tactics trying to be a bully boy. Wish Sutton had tackled their player in the lead up to their goal instead of appearing to be too scared and just backed off letting them take the lead, Hope Ben hasn’t aggravated his knee and thought Dylan was a breath of fresh air we’ve all been waiting for. Overall not a vintage display but conditions spoiled any chance of that but more importantly it’s another win, Fans superb yet again, credit to L.Orient supporters for making the journey and getting behind their team, just hope the pitch recovers for Saturday.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 October, 2017 10:13
Can't agree with the great atmosphere quote ,sitting at home watching the game the atmosphere looked and sounded very poor a good win ,but a long way to go ,just showing signs of some form coming back at least Orient played proper football no diving etc .should not have started Tollitt should have give him last twenty minutes ,to much to soon .all we did most of the game was to hoof the ball forward which mostly went for a goal kick we are a better team when we pass the ball around .Norwood and cook worked hard and I was impressed with the Barnsley lad just what we need ,the weather did not help but I thought it was a poor game better than it has been but not good .but at least the signs are we are starting to get better

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 10:14
A good game and an enjoyable night. Always confident we would get something out of the game even after we fell behind.
Don't know what game the sponsors were watching but Norwood was M.O.M.
Hope I am wrong but I do not think we will see Tollitt any time soon - I fear the worst.

MESSAGES->author

05 October, 2017 11:45
Thought we did a pretty ok job on keeping orients star man and top scorer, mcauley bonne pretty quiet last night. He looked quite sharp In the live tv game vs hartlepool a couple of weeks ago but didnt see much of him last night.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 11:45
Well another win and M.M has signed a gem in Henry lets see what his other signings are like
Anything like Henry's ability and we should be in with a shout of turning the season around.
I liked our goals more like poacher goals and that was because we have players now who can run at defenders including Norwood in that, keep it going Tranmere.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 12:57
Even Connor Jennings from midfield was getting forward .We have complained about men in box .Saying he was unlucky not to score ,HE SHOULD HAVE DONE but at least he was in the box

Fiftyyearsarover

05 October, 2017 13:51
Not been a fan of Norwood .but he was very good last night .the team seemed more together last night maybe internal problems sorted out .cook was excellent to .the team need both in the side that's for sure

MESSAGES->author

05 October, 2017 14:37
orient are away to barrow this Saturday and they will be staying in the north west until then. sounds like their new 'dunkin donuts' chairman is ok with the cash then. would they have stayed at the Riverhill hotel for their visit last night?

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 18:31
I don't think we should comment on Ben's fitness until we know for sure if it's anything serious. How do think the lad will feel reading some posts.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 18:37
Quote:
kennyspint
I don't think we should comment on Ben's fitness until we know for sure if it's anything serious. How do think the lad will feel reading some posts.
He did tweet that he didn't think it was too bad..

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 18:51
watched the highlights on youtube, Cooks goal was down to the front two being reasonably close together so when it was initially saved he was there to pick up the rebound. Norwood's goal might be called fortunate that the deflection took it to him, but that is what strikers do, gamble on where the ball might go, great work by both of them.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 20:45
Quote:
kennyspint

If he had any sense he wouldn't be reading what us muppets and wannabe managers write! Ben, see you in TESCO again on Saturday; keep off the chocolates! (Sm8)

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

05 October, 2017 21:36
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
kennyspint

If he had any sense he wouldn't be reading what us muppets and wannabe managers write! Ben, see you in TESCO again on Saturday; keep off the chocolates! (Sm8)
I hope you don't see him in Tesco on Saturday...rather see him at PP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net