football
Latest News:

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Askey
03 October, 2017 22:02
I rest my case your honour, by far the best manager in this league, loses his best płayers year after year yet constantly rebuilds..

Would take him if tomo if mellon goes and vale dont snap askey up

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Askey
03 October, 2017 22:06
It is however one of the oddities of football that some managers can be successful in one club and yey are not able to replicate at another. On success at shoestring level few can rival Coleman

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

03 October, 2017 22:10
Fair point devon

03 October, 2017 22:40
Coleman was toast at Rochdale and toast at Southport. Amazing at Accrington. Same as Hill who has been ace at Rochdale but shocking at Barnsley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 22:41 by steve mungalls Highlights.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2017 23:54
Does askey start his team talks with "hello playmates " younger readers ask your parents . . . .
He's done well though must admit

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 00:06
Hill was a bit hard done to I thought at Barnsley.

his budget was in the region of £5,000,000 in the championship, one of the 3 worst it could be argued and his form dipped in a key season, when Ricardo Vaz Te was poached to go back to working with Allardyce, at West Ham, because of past connections at Bolton.

The Barnsley budget would have meant Vaz Te would be be very hard to replace and so it turned out to be.

Had Hill been in charge of another club with around 60% more money, even if they weren't and probably wouldn't have been in the top 6 for budget, or potentially even top 10, he could have had a better time of things.

I don't think he was the wrong man for the job I just think he was given a very hard job keeping a club up in that league with a bottom 3 budget.

It's unbelievable that Nigel Clough kept Burton up on an average of around 6,500, which was the lowest average attendance all of last season from memory.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 00:06
Part of the furniture at Macc, as player and now manager. I agree he's always done a good job but there's always a fear that a one club man could struggle in a different environment.

There's another bloke worth keeping an eye on who knows his way around League 2/National League as a coach and is now making his mark as a manager lower down the food chain.....Paul Carden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 00:08 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 02:38
Hi ,Loyden .yes askey would get us buzzing again .at Least we would have a sting in our attack and make use of the wings Younger viewers refer this to your grandparents

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 07:19
Quote:
Loyden1
Does askey start his team talks with "hello playmates " younger readers ask your parents . . . .
He's done well though must admit

Love it mate he beath the arfur manager we have at the moment

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

04 October, 2017 09:16
Ay-Thang-Yaw!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net