football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

New Winger in on Monday?
30 September, 2017 11:09
Dylan Mottley Henry is down to join on Monday a 20 year old winger from Barnsley for a months loan, he has not played for Barnsley but has played around 22 games since 2014 for Bradford City and Altrincham over that period. If he joins he comes from Barnsley's development under 23 squad.

Odd really sign a winger? on loan after letting Dawson go out!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: New Winger in on Monday?
30 September, 2017 11:11
Be joining the rest of the motley crew.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 11:25
Signed an 18 month deal at Barnsley last December after impressing in their U23s.

Maybe he's cheaper than Dawson, or Dawson's on his way out? Hopefully he's not just another loanee who's only good enough to get a few minutes off the bench.

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 13:00
Quote:
Loyden1
Be joining the rest of the motley crew.

Indeed!
Sounds semi-decent, we need to get those wings going again.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 13:01
MM clearly won't pick Dawson so whatever he is doing is pretty much irrelevant other than if someone does take him we save a wage.
Slightly odd timing given Tollitt is supposedly going to be back and fully fit according to his GPS numbers don't forget by Saturday!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2017 13:10 by ADD.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 13:29
Games played
2, Bradford city
5, Altringham
15, Bradford park avenue.
Coupled with last seasons injury crisis i think we can safely say Adam Dawson will not play for us under Mellon.

micky02
micky02 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 13:46
maybee mm thinking 442 soon as tollits back so we need wingers specially as dunn is now injured although i dont rate him much

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:22
MM should only loan if seriously going to use
We don't need a benchwarmer or a non paying guest in the stands

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 17:21
Confirmed by MM as coming in on Monday in post match interview

pez
pez (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 17:43
Four new arrivals next week according to Matt Jones via Twitter?

A true statement of support by Mark Palios.

Onwards and upwards we go!

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 18:09
Quote:
pez

In his post-match interview, MM mentions two players with flair and pace and says that's what we need. I agree. But, given that Tollit and Wallace (and Kirby) were known to be long-term and very long-term injuries, why wasn't something put in place for the start of the season? Defensively, we're fine so there is definitely something to build on.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 19:48
On mm past transfer record i wont be holding my breath

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 20:10
Quote:
the kav
On mm past transfer record i wont be holding my breath
his record is not good Baxter might be an all time low

pez
pez (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 20:51
You were all calling for new blood last week? Make your mind up FFS.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

It's a positive step by Palios to allow more players in.

There's no pleasing some people.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 22:36
Exactly. The new guy has scored a couple of goals for Bradford park Avenue, so a little bit of scoring history in proper games and he's had 22 games in total, so at least he's not completely green regarding playing proper stuff.

He's also black, so any of that ridiculous Tranmere might be racist undercurrent that was lurking in patches a few weeks ago, should hopefully be quashed.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 23:28
Quote:
Matt34
Exactly. The new guy has scored a couple of goals for Bradford park Avenue, so a little bit of scoring history in proper games and he's had 22 games in total, so at least he's not completely green regarding playing proper stuff.
He's also black, so any of that ridiculous Tranmere might be racist undercurrent that was lurking in patches a few weeks ago, should hopefully be quashed.
there was no Tranmere might be racist undercurrent matt

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 07:49
Quote:
pez
You were all calling for new blood last week? Make your mind up FFS.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

It's a positive step by Palios to allow more players in.

There's no pleasing some people.
New blood is a positive sign because those coming in may be better but with the exception of Tollitt none of Mellons signings have been a notable success so far so wait and see rather tham euphoria is an appropriate response

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 08:45
I believe it’s 2 confirmed as signing, and 2 coming in on trial at the minute. I’ve also heard that the money we will be getting from young Drysdale is funding it.

roversoffspring
roversoffspring (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 10:19
Tolitt was a brabin signing oddly enough fair play to brabin he had an eye for a player just couldn't get them to play attacking football and score!

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 10:28
Ben Tolitt was only signed on loan by Brabin, MM made the deal permanent following the signings of Mangan, Wallace and Dawson...

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 11:15
It was actually Paul Carden who signed Tolitt, a week or two after Brabin left, though they'd presumably already scouted him. I agree Brabin could spot a player though.

MM has said our new signings will be potential, so not the finished product, and that this is the market we have deal in these days. If so, I can kind of understand why he's doing his business now rather than in the summer, because these players only tend to become available a couple of months into the season. I agree though that the jury is still out on MM's recruitment and I just hope these lads, who as youngsters are bound to make mistakes, can just give us the bit of spark we've been missing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 11:19 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 12:23
If these lads are potentials why not put Gumbs in the team let him blend with the newbies .but totally underwhelmed by Mellons recruitment so far so it's wait and see time ?MP finding the funds is great but it's what it's spent on is what counts .i know it's only Primark money in the bigger finances of some clubs but if you look close you can find a bargain even in Primark .

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 14:03
How much better will these unfinished loan players be than our own younger players.Will they be better than the Drysdale that was overlooked here.If we are going to continue to use young and essentially untested loanees is there any real point in having an academy programme.There are plenty of under 20 players in league football but we seem reluctant to blood players at a lower level

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 14:25
What we need from new personnel is creativity and pace in the final third. The likes of Drysdale and Gumbs don't come into that equation and I'm not aware we have anyone on the books who can give us that at first team level yet. Who knows if these new signings will be the answer but it could well be that their success or failure will go a long way to defining the manager's future.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 18:11
Can we not just wait and see who comes in and what position they play before totally writing them off?

If we just did nothing and continued to struggle then everyone would be on Palios and Mellon's backs.

At least there's some movement in the loan / transfer market.

Some people try hard to find negatives in everything.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 19:15
You misspelled Whinger!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 19:58
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Matt34

I seem to recall it being mentioned on this forum a few weeks ago, that a minor percentage of the public implied Tranmere were a bit racist, particularly when Ihiekwe and Omatola had moved on.

I might be mistaken, though I am not implying anyone on here alleged Tranmere might be racist in any way.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 21:06
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Matt34

I seem to recall it being mentioned on this forum a few weeks ago, that a minor percentage of the public implied Tranmere were a bit racist, particularly when Ihiekwe and Omatola had moved on.

I might be mistaken, though I am not implying anyone on here alleged Tranmere might be racist in any way.
sorry Matt, I thought you were referring to bannergate

Fiftyyearsarover

01 October, 2017 21:18
that old chestnut of racism .absolute nonsense

we have had black players before ,it's like the nonsense about not enough black managers .why not people ask? .how about there is not any black ex footballers that will or have the skills to be a good manager ,I can't name one .John Barnes was a classic example ,good footballer shocking manager we could do with 2/3 big black guys in the team throw there weight around a bit about 20 years of age about 6ft 3in

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 22:45
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
that old chestnut of racism .absolute nonsense
we have had black players before ,it's like the nonsense about not enough black managers .why not people ask? .how about there is not any black ex footballers that will or have the skills to be a good manager ,I can't name one .John Barnes was a classic example ,good footballer shocking manager we could do with 2/3 big black guys in the team throw there weight around a bit about 20 years of age about 6ft 3in
hey 50 like me we can remember elkinar onyeali he was one of the ist black players in English football and all our fans loved him. About1960ish.

Fiftyyearsarover

02 October, 2017 08:28
Yes I remember him Loyden ,his feet were that big he threw his boots away and wore the boxes they came in 😃It's true to say we have not had many black players over the years .the good ones are mostly southern based and so seen and picked out before we even know about them ,we need a better scouting system if indeed we have one .there are some good young players out there.we need to do the work of looking for them

sp37634
sp37634 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 09:22
Am i right in saying that The racism card was started really by John Barnes. He claimed that if he was a white manager, he'd have had longer to sort out the mess he had us in.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 12:27
A friend of mine who's seen this kid play, said he's phenomenally fast, not the most skillfull or composed but can cause a lot of chaos with his pace. Apparently he likes having a shot too!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 13:42
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes I remember him Loyden ,his feet were that big he threw his boots away and wore the boxes they came in 😃It's true to say we have not had many black players over the years .the good ones are mostly southern based and so seen and picked out before we even know about them ,we need a better scouting system if indeed we have one .there are some good young players out there.we need to do the work of looking for them
nice to hear you talking bout his feet size (not like man utd lukaku talk )

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 14:46
We have definitely been lacking pace throughout the team. Hopefully he will be used and not simply a bench warmer.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 17:11
Wonder if he will be given permission to play in FA Cup by Barnsley. I would think they would be happy to but we will have to see I suppose.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 17:38
Micky seemed keen to emphasise the point that he’s a development player with potential. Is not not his view on Rokka?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 18:59
Quote:
pez

Or is it just cheaper to get a few players in on loan than to pay the managers contract off and employ another one?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 22:02
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
John Barnes was a classic example ,good footballer shocking manager we could do with 2/3 big black guys in the team throw there weight around a bit about 20 years of age about 6ft 3in

Barnes was poor for Tranmeer, especially signing Kithson Bain who was loaned out to the NL and that's shocking when you sign new guys and loan them 2 divisions down. You'd expect that with youth perhaps, but not new signings, unless the signing is being loaned back to his former club.

However Barnes did have the best win percentage at Celtic after Jock Stein, so he was a bit hard done by in fairness and so was Kenny Dalgleish.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 22:04
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
pez

Or is it just cheaper to get a few players in on loan than to pay the managers contract off and employ another one?
I think that is a very valid view.
After all you can look at it 2 ways - MP has confidence we can turn it around but he accepts that with Kirby and Wallace still injured (Wallace no surprise!) he has not had sufficient personnel available at start of season so is giving him breathing space...
Or yes secondly it is a last throw of the dice which after all the loan is only one month unless later extended and if he is cup tied then will only be available for 4 games even if he plays on Wednesday against Orient.
Personally I am not holding my breath - MM made many comments at the weekend about "Shopping in Potential" - but altho I appreciate in a different position Drysdale who is supposedly paying for this is going to a Championship club whilst MM has not even been close to seeing his potential! Ironic or what.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 22:11
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Matt34

sorry Matt, I thought you were referring to bannergate

No worries smiling smiley.

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
It was actually Paul Carden who signed Tolitt, a week or two after Brabin left, though they'd presumably already scouted him. I agree Brabin could spot a player though.

I think it was actually Mellon who signed Tolitt, as there was talk of Paul Cook coming up to discuss it and raiding Micky's beer fridge, in fact I seem to recall a picture of them both in Micky's office planning what to do with Tollit and the alleged beer fridge.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 22:35
MM and the beer fridge was when we signed Tollitt permanently but it was Carden who first signed him on loan.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2017 22:22
Yes of course, my mistake smiling smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net