football
Latest News:

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

Next up: Bromley (A)
28 September, 2017 21:10
What have Frankie Bunn, Andy Ritchie and Mark Stein got in common? Apart from 'never heard of them Kenny (Joe) you fossil', they are all linked by the type of surface they made their names on - artificial ones to be precise. Back in the 80s though, Bunn and Ritchie at Oldham and Stein at Luton had a significant advantage from the pitch they played on. Cheats pitches is what me and my mates called them as the bounce from goalie bombs caused absolute havoc amongst away defences.

The 1980s saw Luton playing on a 'plastic' pitch in the top division of the league, Oldham in the second tier and Preston in the third. But the 4G surfaces that Bromley, Sutton and Maidstone play on in 2017 are much less of an advantage for the home team. Any team who like to play football should actually look forward to playing one of these teams instead of approaching the game with nervous apprehension.

A perfectly valid reason for the nerves to be jangling though is the presence of old boys Adam Mekki and Ben Chorley in The Ravens line up. Chorley always ups his game against us, and Mekki will have a huge point to prove on the first occasion he faces his former team mates. I expect Adam will get a good reception from the travelling SWA though.

Another thing to cause sleepless nights is obviously the run of form Rovers are currently in. The lack of goals is worrying all of us and this won't be helped by the absence of Andy Cook due to suspension. The return of The Messiah (Tollitt of course) is also likely to be delayed for another match, so attacking duties will fall to the plethora of other forwards we have in the squad.

What I take reassurance from is the sense spoken by Mickey Mellon in the pre-match interview. I have the manager right that it's about taking our chances so maybe Saturday will bring a change in fortune. But I am not stupidly just relying on blind faith ahead of the game - what do you take me for?? I am going to invoke the spirit of Frankie Bunn's chin in a voodoo ceremony on Saturday morning - that will do the trick.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 05:53 by mini_andy.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Next up: Bromley (A)
28 September, 2017 21:14
Quote:
Kenny_Crons
What have Frankie Bunn, Andy Ritchie and Mark Stein got in common? Apart from 'never heard of them Kenny (Joe) you fossil', they are all linked by the type of surface they made their names on - artificial ones to be precise. Back in the 80s though, Bunn and Ritchie at Oldham and Stein at Luton had a significant advantage from the pitch they played on. Cheats pitches is what me and my mates called them as the bounce from goalie bombs caused absolute havoc amongst away defences.
The 1980s saw Luton playing on a 'plastic' pitch in the top division of the league, Oldham in the second tier and Preston in the third. But the 4G surfaces that Bromley, Sutton and Maidstone play on in 2017 are much less of an advantage for the home team. Any team who like to play football should actually look forward to playing one of these teams instead of approaching the game with nervous apprehension.

A perfectly valid reason for the nerves to be jangling though is the presence of old boys Adam Mekki and Ben Chorley in The Ravens line up. Chorley always ups his game against us, and Mekki will have a huge point to prove on the first occasion he faces his former team mates. I expect Adam will get a good reception from the travelling SWA though.

Another thing to cause sleepless nights is obviously the run of form Rovers are currently in. The lack of goals is worrying all of us and this won't be helped by the absence of Andy Cook due to suspension. The return of The Messiah (Tollitt of course) is also likely to be delayed for another match, so attacking duties will fall to the plethora of other forwards we have in the squad.

What I take reassurance from is the sense spoken by Mickey Mellon in the pre-match interview. I have the manager right that it's about taking our chances so maybe Saturday will bring a change in fortune. But I am not stupidly just relying on blind faith ahead of the game - what do you take me for?? I am going to invoke the spirit of Frankie Bunn's chin in a voodoo ceremony on Saturday morning - that will do the trick.

Has Andy Mangan reappeared from wherever he has disappeared to?

You say that Ben Chorley ''always ups his game against us''. I also recall that we usually get good results against whatever team he is playing for-hopefully this will continue on Saturday.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 21:23
Maybe due to injuries and suspensions Micky will be forced into bringing some fresh legs into the starting 11, as he has always said if players do well they will keep the shirt.
Its not as if we aren't creating chances, we may not be scoring many goals but then we aren't conceding many either.
As Kenny says the plastic pitch advantage is not like it used to be and its not like we don't have one to train on.
No reason why we can't sneak this one 1-0.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 21:27
Another good one Kenny !Mekki will be seeking to prove himself. I always liked him .
Is it no Cook = no goals or will we click on the 4 G ?I have to be positive so 1-2 win ! S W A

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 21:33
We win 2-0, just to show we can score and maintain solid defence.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 22:02
If they score, we lose. That's just how I'm feeling about us right now

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 06:15
In Micky we have to trust. We have no other option. 0-2 for us or 2-0 to them with Mekki cutting in from the wing to draw a peno from Big Mac. Then just to top it off, Ben Chorley with a header from a set piece. Heart and head.

iagoapcen
iagoapcen (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 06:29
the day we finally click 4-1

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 06:50
I have absolutely no confidence going into any match at the minute, so I'll hope we can get a draw!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 07:46
If we do lose lets at least score a goal. Would rather lose 1-2 than 0-1.. I will go for a scoreless or low scoring draw.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 09:33
According to MM, the pitch "terrifies" our players. You can understand how professionals would be unable to cope with demands which semi-pro players can ; you can understand how professionals wouldn't have practiced on such a surface when several clubs have one and you can understand how professionals would want to get their excuses in early. My suggestion is to play the youngsters then, if our professionals haven't also developed a horror of watching football as well as playing it, they can watch the youngsters play the match, while, hopefully, receiving much-needed trauma counsellng and also seeing their places taken and maybe kept by youngsters who have yet to be afflicted with the terrors which affect our professionals. If only our professionals could develop a terror of being overpaid.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 11:25
As hardly says, terrified players, I can only hope it's some kind of mind game but I'm not sure what book it's from if it is one. I can only see a hammering tomorrow but really hope I'm wrong.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 11:32
Yes Hardly I totally agree with you and I think the youngsters would certainly play with more enthusiasm and would be fit enough to track players back etc
I am hoping for a win but at the moment it doesn't look likely i so hope I am wrong.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 11:55
If it terrifies them,then they shouldn't be professional footballers. What a load of baloney. I'll we there wearing my scary mask if they need some help.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 12:15
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Maybe due to injuries and suspensions Micky will be forced into bringing some fresh legs into the starting 11, as he has always said if players do well they will keep the shirt.
Its not as if we aren't creating chances, we may not be scoring many goals but then we aren't conceding many either.
As Kenny says the plastic pitch advantage is not like it used to be and its not like we don't have one to train on.
No reason why we can't sneak this one 1-0.
The only problem with that is so far this season MM had not practiced what he has been preaching. Both Duggan and even more so Gumbs did well IMO but then were summarily dropped/ replaced the worst example being McE coming back when clearly not fully fit in place of Gumbs.
It frankly beggars belief that MM actually felt it was ok to say publicly that McE as a professional player would not play Saturday as he would take a week to recover from a match on a 3G pitch. He clearly would prefer just to pick up his cheque for doing nothing.
As to the game I don't know why but I have the feeling MM will roll the dice playing Gumbs and Duggan and Clarke may even see the bench and we will win.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 14:15
Fair point about McCeverley their by ADD, I would have to question the medical he was put through and any discussions over fitness with regards to 3G pitches, why have we signed a p,Ayer who can't walk for a week after playing on one when there are 3 3 G pitches in this division, and what on earth is wrong with him for it to affect him that much!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 14:19
If the players were genuinely terrified by the pitch I doubt MM would have told it to the world.

Anyway, law of averages says that we must score the opening goal in a game some day soon and, if we do, the opposition will have to open up a bit. If that's tomorrow, then I fancy a repeat of our 2-0 win last season. If it's not tomorrow, then possibly another 0-0 or 0-1 defeat.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 14:26
Quote:
Higgosboots
Fair point about McCeverley their by ADD, I would have to question the medical he was put through and any discussions over fitness with regards to 3G pitches, why have we signed a p,Ayer who can't walk for a week after playing on one when there are 3 3 G pitches in this division, and what on earth is wrong with him for it to affect him that much!

Could just be a polite way of dropping him without saying he's dropped?

Then again there are some players of a certain age who aren't worth the risk on plastic. For example when Thierry Henry was playing in the MLS he very rarely played in matches that took place on artificial pitches, even though he was fully fit. These surfaces play true nowadays but they do still impact the joints differently to grass.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 14:27
Aldo that would make sense but then does MM really need to throwing out the distractions ATM, opponents team talks at the moment must be easy, "these are@#$%&lads there for the taking can't score go do em". It may have been more of a distraction to say we've trained like demons everyone is fit the guys are firing on all cylinders and we're gonna score 6, give Bromley a shot across the bows get them worrying. I think MM mind games are woeful he really should stay away from them.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 16:42
No confidence so 0-0 I thought the new training pitches had a plastic pitch amongst them ,sure I read it somewhere could be mistaken

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 17:05
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No confidence so 0-0 I thought the new training pitches had a plastic pitch amongst them ,sure I read it somewhere could be mistaken
they've never been used fifty .everyone is too scared to go near them.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 17:45
It's good to have a proactive response to the game by putting the excuses in first.If at 32 McEverley cannot cope with demands is it any surprise that he he is found out for pace so often on a grass pitch.No wonder Drysdale looks elsewhere when he sees that young players of potential will behind a pecking order of players with a fragile constitution. It is beginning to look as if McEverley is another than can be put alongside Wallace, i.e players who even when fit have to be nursed through the season

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 19:06
I'm going for a 1-1 and then an odd TV trouncing of Leyton to kick-start the season

HardlyYardley

29 September, 2017 23:28
Apparently, the whole team have made themselves unavailable for next week. They've heard the game will be played on grass and they're only good on paper.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 23:31
Ooh naughty that yardley but that's how bad they are making us think.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 12:03
4-0 loss

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 13:03
Duggan and Alabi starting with Gumbs and Clarke on bench.Would have had Waring ahead of Alabi any day of the week.
Harris and Dunn apparently injured...

MESSAGES->author

30 September, 2017 14:50
Sounds like we have done ok in that first half. Listening on wirral radio.. still missing the most vital ingredient though.. goal (s)

MESSAGES->author

30 September, 2017 15:51
Yessssssssssss get in nors

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 15:53
Hopefully won't say we have turned a corner. We still have major problems within the team. Yes is great to score but we can't ignore the fact we have been for awful all season.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 15:54
Goal at last, but even Wirral radio turning against the fans. Take the 3 points, but not impressed by Wirral fm. Won't listen to them again. Don't fan bash.

MESSAGES->author

30 September, 2017 15:56
Get in rovers yesssssss. Not getting to carried away though.. gotta back this up with wins vs orient n chester n then go on a good run.

MESSAGES->author

30 September, 2017 16:05
Another defeat for orient today. They are on a bad run.. hopefully we can help to keep them on that bad run on wednesday.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:18
We have yet to put a run together so no corner turned league is still tight
5 points off relegation
6 points off play offs
8 points off top
1-0 ok for now as hasn't done any harm for Shrewsbury who had 1 goal advantage in their first eight wins.

Fiftyyearsarover

30 September, 2017 16:27
If you want to see a celebration go on news now Tranmere1 Wrexham 0 and watch the Tranmere goal for the youth team ,brilliant

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:28
Quote:
bheadlad
We have yet to put a run together so no corner turned league is still tight
5 points off relegation
6 points off play offs
8 points off top
1-0 ok for now as hasn't done any harm for Shrewsbury who had 1 goal advantage in their first eight wins.

Last season we were saying 1-0 will do it's a win. It won't, we need to score goals and the only time that happened last season, was when Cole came back. That's the difference this season. Who's going to get a hat trick this year?

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:34
1-0 will do until we put a run together and have Turned a corner
Agreed the problem is that we don't score goals

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:36
Never doubted us. Ready for the Orient to get pushed off the rails.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:56
The game had 0-0 written all over it long before Norwood's cool finish late on. Ball was pinging around a lot and our service to the front men wasn't great BUT at least we were trying to release the ball earlier from midfield and weren't afraid to have a pop at goal when chances allowed. Playing 4-4-2 helped and we looked solid too. In truth, there were a few half chances at either end - Jennings had a good effort saved after a good move just before half time and Davies made a a good save late on but, beyond that, nothing really clear cut.

Plenty of scope for improvement but a good three points and, with Tollitt back on Wednesday, let's hope the confidence starts flooding back.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 16:57
YES !Wirral radio were quite positive in their commentary. Onwards and upwards !
S W A

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 17:14
Quote:
Tranmere69
YES !Wirral radio were quite positive in their commentary. Onwards and upwards !
S W A

Not about the fans. Talking about them leaving early and not getting behind the team in the last 10 minutes. Remind me again, do the fans pay to go, do the commentators get paid.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 17:30
At least 324 fans at Bromley
That's fantastic
Thank you

HardlyYardley

30 September, 2017 17:45
Obviously, glad we won, but it was a dull game. 0-0 was the fairest and likeliest result. Could just have easily been 1-0 to Bromley. McNulty was the best player on the pitch. We desperately need someone with his coolness and vision (though not weight)in our midfield. Can't fault the effort but we have no creativity - too many times balls being played without looking. Mekki did little. I've seen Bromley a few times and they were below par today, though you could claim that was down to us working hard. Nothing wrong with the pitch.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 17:46
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Tranmere69
S W A

Not about the fans. Talking about them leaving early and not getting behind the team in the last 10 minutes. Remind me again, do the fans pay to go, do the commentators get paid.

Think they were proved wrong today though?

It's not over until the final whistle.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 18:07
Has the cruiser just started its big turn? Here's hoping.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 19:01
Quote:
pez
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Tranmere69
S W A

There were a few, people who left early, not sure how many probably not more than a dozen or so, and for balance no one was getting on the players backs.
It was a fairly dull game but the team were playing more positively and trying to get forward quickly, it didn't always work, but it was better than the games where we pass across the width of the pitch and never get forward. There were some indifferent performances, I don't think Jennings and Norburn offered a great deal, and Sutton was uncharacteristically a little shaky at the back. Duggan and McNulty both had good games, and so did Norwood, the player who surprised me was Alabi, I have been critical of his performances so far but today I thought he played very well and risking being labelled a heretic played better than Cook has in the games I've seen recently.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 19:09
A better result but not performance that shouts corner turned.It will take a run of results for that and for that to happen it will require a better performance than today.A win however can only help player confidence.It may also convince MM that the defence is better for the absence of McEverley

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 21:16
Good first half and the lineman on our side made two howlers to prevent two good chances which we may or may not have put away. Second half not much inspiration but bags of perspiration. Brilliant double save by Scottie. Fans were quiet but only isolated negativity. Great joy at the goal and the players came over to us at the end so dressing room still solid imo. Hopefully a turning point. All players gave a great effort and I thought Connor was looking more like last season, including a yellow card for letting a Bromley player know he was there. Obvs may be a flash in the pan but feeling good tonight.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 22:07
Quote:
HardlyYardley
Obviously, glad we won, but it was a dull game. 0-0 was the fairest and likeliest result. Could just have easily been 1-0 to Bromley. McNulty was the best player on the pitch. We desperately need someone with his coolness and vision (though not weight)in our midfield. Can't fault the effort but we have no creativity - too many times balls being played without looking. Mekki did little. I've seen Bromley a few times and they were below par today, though you could claim that was down to us working hard. Nothing wrong with the pitch.

Mekki contributed zilch. We created the better chances and it was a fine finish. Was funny when their keeper came up for a corner at the end and then handled the ball in our area.
Pitch was fine but I presume that is why we played balls over the top to the strikers. I would prefer them played through the channels for them to run on to. I was told that their manager was regularly yelling at them to go down and our fans near their dugout let him know what they thought of that especially when we scored.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 22:51
Quote:
bheadlad
At least 324 fans at Bromley

324 was also Wrexhams formation against Tranmere after the red card (Sm7)

A win in the end against Bromley, but leaving it late. I'll not be jumping through hoops about this one, but it was important and hopefully it starts a trend and not one of only scoring most of your goals in the last 15 minutes and when subs come on.

More goals in the first hour now Mr Mellon.

Nice to see the gap to the top cut to 8 points and 6 points from 5th.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 23:30
Went bananas in the kitchen when the goal went in.
We are staying up, say we are staying up

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 07:52
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Tranmere69
S W A

Not defending the radio, but do you think this thread would only be on 3 pages if we lost?

Goosed must be furious we won.

Fiftyyearsarover

01 October, 2017 12:35
At least a win but need to kick on now let's hope we continue on Wednesday in front of the cameras and we dobb Chester in Saturday .i would have thought the Chester game would be the one for tv .important week ahead .need 6 points the table will look better sat if we can do it well done those that travelled to Bromley say 350 not bad for a out of form team

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 13:08
Given our current form, results are the most important thing. While it would be nice to totally outplay teams and win by at least 3 clear goals presently, this simple isn't going to happen.

Consequently, I will accept narrow 1-0 wins (even if it is hard on the old ticker) to move us up the table.

Our toothless attack and negative tactics is another matter, we simple do not scare teams anymore. The majority of teams played so far are full of young, hungry and enthusiastic players who will run all day stick to a game plan with a couple of experienced pro's to hold it all together. On paper (unfortunately you win nothing on paper), we probably do have the best squad but, our application leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.

Following on from other posts, we are normally so slow in our build ups/counter attacking play the opposition is back in position long before we threaten their goal.

Maybe the introduction of some of our own young, hungry and enthusiastic players and a fundamental change of tactics could produce similar positive results?

Fiftyyearsarover

01 October, 2017 13:39
Spot on .this is what is needed some keen young lads. Some older hands ,sounds like our youth team to me

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 15:02
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Tranmere69
S W A

Not defending the radio, but do you think this thread would only be on 3 pages if we lost?

Goosed must be furious we won.

And I'm sure he's not the only one. Anyway,they can tell me about the next two games as I'm away.

HardlyYardley

01 October, 2017 17:53
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
pez
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Tranmere69
S W A

There were a few, people who left early, not sure how many probably not more than a dozen or so, and for balance no one was getting on the players backs.
It was a fairly dull game but the team were playing more positively and trying to get forward quickly, it didn't always work, but it was better than the games where we pass across the width of the pitch and never get forward. There were some indifferent performances, I don't think Jennings and Norburn offered a great deal, and Sutton was uncharacteristically a little shaky at the back. Duggan and McNulty both had good games, and so did Norwood, the player who surprised me was Alabi, I have been critical of his performances so far but today I thought he played very well and risking being labelled a heretic played better than Cook has in the games I've seen recently.

Mostly agree with this. Very short of midfield creativity. Sutton was a bit shaky, but McNulty was excellent. It might seem a bit churlish to say this after his excellent goal, but I'm not convinced that Norwood is a promotion-winning striker. Yes, Alabi was pretty good, lots of effort, though his control is poor - he had the confidence to try to back heel it in at the near post and to try an overhead kick, both of which were decent efforts. A win and a goal at last is great, of course, but it could easily have gone the other way.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

01 October, 2017 22:55
Just a thought- Macca stayed at home so didn't make defensive mistakes, Ritchie tried to go forward to create and was sometimes exposed. I'd settle for that.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 06:18
Seven out of the next eight games look tough, win five of those will be a good fightback especially as nobody is running away with this league at the present time.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 12:35
A win great but lets think about it, I don't think any team this season have outplayed us and we have been@#$%&so a 25% incresce in greatness and we should be O.K Mellons new signings , could be last chance saloon for him but lets hope they are fantastic cmon Rovers

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 14:39
Cannot remember the last time I felt such a mix of relief and delight at a 1-0.
Agree with Chris above. We have not really been outplayed (just out manoeuvered); have the third best defensive record in the division; and with the addition of some pace going forward will start to score goals and pick up results.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 22:13
The goalkeeper and back line are what's keeping Tranmere in with some chance of a turnaround, because without that Tranmere would be sinking worse than the Costa Concordia.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

02 October, 2017 22:25
Quote:
Matt34
The goalkeeper and back line are what's keeping Tranmere in with some chance of a turnaround, because without that Tranmere would be sinking worse than the Costa Concordia.
The trouble is that for too many games the back line has included the back 4/5 and most of the midfield too. I can only assume that this is the tactics that they have been sent out to play, a bit more forward ambition is what is needed. The perfect example of this was at Ebbsfleet when Norwood got to the byline but there was no one in the same half as him...

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 October, 2017 08:42
Quote:
Matt34

And the job of the defence and goalkeeper is?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

03 October, 2017 12:59
Quote:
Matt34

Ha, that reminds me of that famous quote

"Tranmere will never be able to compete with Liverpool and Everton. They're like big liners like the Queen Mary, but I see Tranmere as the Costa Concordia"

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2017 23:17
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Matt34

And the job of the defence and goalkeeper is?

Exactly, but the point being is Tranmere would be worse off if the defense and goalkeeper were ballsing up too often and Tranmere had conceded double or worse triple the number of goals thus far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net