28 September, 2017 13:18
Shirt and sweet on the NL website

Link here for those that wish to view

[www.thenationalleague.org.uk]

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon interview
28 September, 2017 13:36
Where is the usual club Thursday one ? Is there not one this week?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 14:07
hate all this stuff from managers and players when things are not going well. do the talking on the pitch.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 14:32
We will see .Quote ."Manager retains full faith in his out of form players "I would have more faith in the players if it were a different manager !!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 15:52
[m.youtube.com]

Excuses have been released. Apparently thin on the ground, Cook suspended, McCeverley unavailable, and a team terrified of playing on 3G as aparantly it takes longer to recover, doesn't seem to bother Bromleys part timers every week.

MESSAGES->author

28 September, 2017 16:12
Quote:
Higgosboots
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8bjkV4J134

Excuses have been released. Apparently thin on the ground, Cook suspended, McCeverley unavailable, and a team terrified of playing on 3G as aparantly it takes longer to recover, doesn't seem to bother Bromleys part timers every week.

its interesting to hear mickeys views on artificial pitches. last season at Sutton we picked up about 3 injuries that day.. A few weeks ago i was listening to an interview with Suttons manager , paul doswell. doswell was commenting on his clubs 3G pitch and in the interview he was saying that he often speaks to opposition teams players about suttons pitch and most visiting players don't have a problem with it and actually quite enjoy playing on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/09/2017 16:28 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 16:20
'Thin on the ground', I expressed my concern along with others prior to the season kicking off! We released far more players then where bought in but quality over quantity was thrown at me by various people!! I have yet to see the quality and lack of numbers is now causing us all sort of problems.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 17:26
Quote:
Higgosboots
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8bjkV4J134

One man's 'excuses' is another man's reverse psychology, especially before a game. I doubt we'll miss McEveley and, reading between the lines from what he said, I reckon we'll be near enough full strength. Whether that's enough to get a result, though, remains to be seen.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 17:28
Melons got a brilliant plan .it involves us scoring goals .cos if we don't win a game soon .he's heading for the dole. (Just heard it's national poetry day sorry )

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 17:37
I gave up weeks ago reading Mellons quotes,excuses ,things will get better etc ,I read the same garbage months ago.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 18:16
Let's go 3-5-2

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 18:32
Quote:
TranmereFan
Let's go 3-5-2

But you need wing backs for that!!

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 19:41
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
TranmereFan
Let's go 3-5-2

Or a midfield willing to go further than the half way line.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 19:48
Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
TranmereFan
Let's go 3-5-2

+1

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 12:20
Harsh, they get 20 yds past then realise and turn around and go backwards

SeeJayKay
SeeJayKay (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 13:34
Quote:
AndyMase
Harsh, they get 20 yds past then realise and turn around and go backwards

I'll swear I saw Sutton bounce of an invible wall 10 yards from Wrexhams penalty area last week

Robbie126
Robbie126 (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 15:07
Think they should stop posting these pre game interviews with players and MM, at least until they have something constructive to say. We don't have to watch or listen I know but they come out with the same guff every week. I seem to remember earlier in the season Scott Davies saying we had the best team / squad in the division, not sure we've actually won since that epic quote!! Do us all a favour, just start winning a few games.

MESSAGES->author

29 September, 2017 15:31
Quote:
Robbie126
Think they should stop posting these pre game interviews with players and MM, at least until they have something constructive to say. We don't have to watch or listen I know but they come out with the same guff every week. I seem to remember earlier in the season Scott Davies saying we had the best team / squad in the division, not sure we've actually won since that epic quote!! Do us all a favour, just start winning a few games.

+1

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 15:42
Talk the talk Micky, but if you lose again please resign.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 17:21
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
TranmereFan
Let's go 3-5-2

+1

Buxton and Jennings could do the job

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 17:54
MM says it is about taking chances.That is hardly profound as no team wins without scoring more goals than the opposition. But in too many games it has been about not making enough chances for the service to an isolated striker has been dire.Blaming the failure to take chances is deflection are for it implies that it is a single problem which once overcome will make everything fine.The reality is that we have been poor all over the pitch and that includes the defence.The only reason our goals against total is low is because we are defensive and play so many players deep. Look where that has got us.I take little comfort from either our goals for or the against column

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 19:00
It's this "We had 67 chances or balls into dangerous areas" crap alarms me, no acceptance that the quality is poor or no ones their.

Robbie126
Robbie126 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 07:25
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Talk the talk Micky, but if you lose again please resign.

Purely my opinion but I would have moved him on after the Eastleigh game (have we really improved since then, no) but as he's still here I'll give him until the Chester match. Minimum return would be 5 points to keep him on and I think that's being generous!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 08:58
Quote:
Higgosboots
It's this "We had 67 chances or balls into dangerous areas" crap alarms me, no acceptance that the quality is poor or no ones their.

Wrexham last week hardly had many chance's,only one really comes to mind and what happened when they did it ended up in the back of the net.

Our shower who according to Mellon(again) had 67 ball's into the area yet again like in other games we've lost to one goal.

OK if you have that many chance's in a game you should be able to put two of them away but we can't we have one forward up front whilst the rest take a sabbatical wandering in the wrong half.

When the midfield and defence move up to the halfway line they have a nosebleed for being that far up the pitch stop and play it back,oh for Morrissey and Nevin.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 10:17
It's as though they are being told to stay in zones and are gearing the wrath of Micky for straying out of their zones?

The GPS will show where they've been and maybe he's relying too much on it?

They are all professionals, and know how to play.

Leave the GPS on the coach and just tell them to go and do what they need to win it!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 10:24
There's a place for sports science especially when looking to make marginal gains but when it comes to fundamentals it needs judgement not measurement. Thus far Mickey is coming out on the wrong end of that yardstick

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 10:35
If MM is saying we put 67 balls into the area that's 1 ball roughly every 90 second's.Sorry but I dont remember that many . If that's true it show's how bad our striker's are

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 10:43
Could he have actually said 6 to 7 in his Scottish accent ('6 tae 7') rather than 67?!

I think these interviews are pretty tedious to be honest. That's not a dig at MM as much as the length of time it goes on for, the inane questions he's asked and the fact that, when you're asked the same thing 46 times a season, there's only so much variety you can give in your answers.

Full marks to the club for making them available on YouTube but I'd be happier with an edited down version. Even Sky don't bother giving 10-15 minutes to their superstar Premier League bosses' pre-match interviews and there's a reason for that. Just trim it down to the important bits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net