football
Latest News:
 

pez
pez (IP Logged)

Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 16:27
Just been browsing my Twitter account and noticed that Norwood has been getting a fair bit of flack from disgruntled Rovers fans on there.

Whilst his lack of goals is a bit shocking ( So is everyone else's), you cannot knock him for the amount of work he puts in when playing.

Maybe he's the target on Twitter because all the other players have surprisingly stayed off their Twitter pages whilst we've been on this dismal run?

Some of the comments being made are an embarrassment and uncalled for.

It's as though he's getting the flack for the whole team because he's the only one active on there ATM?

I'm sure he hears enough bad comments from the stands during our recent games, without trolls giving it to him during his down time too.

Things like this are what will put players off coming to this club, and cause them to reject new contracts going forward.

We know it's horrible at the moment, but I'm sure trolling one our hardest working players isn't going to help.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 16:37
Your right pez shunt happen it's a shame he should be abused like that.

 
Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 16:40
I don't get why people do it. It'd put me off doing well knowing it'd bring joy to someone who's called me for everything.

I used to cringe when our fans used to sing about hating scousers with Aldo, irons, the tank, Morrissey amongst others on the pitch. Self-sabotaging bunch we are.

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 17:03
He shouldn't be getting any flak as he always gives of his best.These people ,probably, would take offence if anyone had a go at them.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 18:43
I was one of those that commented to be honest lads, i found his tweet really flippent considering weve scored once in 5 games and are one defeat outside the relegation zone.

Its not really the time to be making light out of his scoring ability i am increasingly getting the impression the players dont care.

Tell me if im wrong..

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 19:14
him and the rest of the team stay off Twitter /Facebook etc because they should know what to expect. what was he expecting heaps of praise .they are absolute garbage this season though it's not nice not totally unexpected .people get abused on Twitter for all sorts of reasons. being in a @#$%& team will do it

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 19:42
What ever, he's put his head above the parapet and decided to kick a ball round for a living for the next few years before getting a real job, it's all part and parcel of the deal, can't just take the praise when it goes well. I'm sure he sees it for what it is and probably doesn't care.

 
pez
pez (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 21:53
I totally disagree.

Hes allowed to use social media as much as anyone else, regardless of what he does for a living.

Theres 16 players in the squad every week. They are all below par atm, but trolling them on social media is hardly going to make then want to kick on is it?

At least Norwood puts a shift in when he plays.

The current problem is a bit more deep rooted than just missing goals. Its a moral issue and trolling our players is adding to the problem.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 21:59
Quote:
pez
Just been browsing my Twitter account and noticed that Norwood has been getting a fair bit of flack from disgruntled Rovers fans on there.
Whilst his lack of goals is a bit shocking ( So is everyone else's), you cannot knock him for the amount of work he puts in when playing.

Maybe he's the target on Twitter because all the other players have surprisingly stayed off their Twitter pages whilst we've been on this dismal run?

Some of the comments being made are an embarrassment and uncalled for.

It's as though he's getting the flack for the whole team because he's the only one active on there ATM?

I'm sure he hears enough bad comments from the stands during our recent games, without trolls giving it to him during his down time too.

Things like this are what will put players off coming to this club, and cause them to reject new contracts going forward.

We know it's horrible at the moment, but I'm sure trolling one our hardest working players isn't going to help.

+1

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 22:01
Quote:
pez
I totally disagree.
Hes allowed to use social media as much as anyone else, regardless of what he does for a living.

Theres 16 players in the squad every week. They are all below par atm, but trolling them on social media is hardly going to make then want to kick on is it?

At least Norwood puts a shift in when he plays.

The current problem is a bit more deep rooted than just missing goals. Its a moral issue and trolling our players is adding to the problem.

+1

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 23:30
Its a simple game score more goals than the opposition you win

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 23:48
Providing none of the goals you score go in your own net (Sm7)



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
27 September, 2017 23:49
I don't use twitter but it worries me that people would use it simply to abuse others. It stinks of cowardice. Of course engage in a constructive conversation. Praise when appropriate and offer advice that may in someway be helpful. It's so much nonsense in the same way as shouting abuse from the terraces is. Yes be disappointed, be sickened that our team is struggling but don't lower yourself in a way that removes any credibility from what you may try to say.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 06:49
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.

Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 07:13
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 07:21
Its part of a bigger picture mate, cook hasnt tried since woking, mckeverley looks half a**** , ridehalgh is going through the motions this season its almost like the club is a joke to a few of the players . Its us thats gonna be picking up the pieces when they all move on... mark my words.

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 07:23
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.


If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 07:32
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.


If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

Spot on ak i wish i had put the message over as well as you did there... you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how i feel

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 07:40
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.


If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

Spot on ak i wish i had put the message over as well as you did there... you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how i feel

But the players aren't TRFC to heart are they, you can't expect them to feel the same as you do about the club and he was hardly derogative about the club, he's just being honest, I'd be more worried if he thought his goal scoring was spot on, at least he sees there's an issue. After all we are talking about the bloke who thought it was acceptable to dress like a minstrel for an Xmas party, he's obviously not the sharpest tool in the box.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 08:27
Fair point higgo

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 10:15
Good point Higgosboots .the players are not Tranmere at heart that's half the trouble ,it's a job ,a club they find themselves at for the moment ,years ago we had Mungall !Brannan Thomas the tank. moggsy Irons .Garnett Muir. Higgo Hughes Nixon all Tranmere lovers now it depends on the fact if MM knows you your in ,this is why I believe in the youth system to fetch these young lads through ,but at Tranmere they are not given a chance .Gumbs for a start and the lad Fulham are keen on .give them a chance .the youth team are doing very well .top of there League .hopefully they will come through the ranks ,but would not put money on it ,they would rather spend money on losers

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 10:18
Just a thought this post should be called Twitt on Twitter

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 11:53
Quote:
pez
I totally disagree.
Hes allowed to use social media as much as anyone else, regardless of what he does for a living.

Theres 16 players in the squad every week. They are all below par atm, but trolling them on social media is hardly going to make then want to kick on is it?

At least Norwood puts a shift in when he plays.

The current problem is a bit more deep rooted than just missing goals. Its a moral issue and trolling our players is adding to the problem.
spot on. And yes he puts a shift in, would of loved to have a player like him here the season we dropped out the league.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 13:01
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.


If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

Spot on ak i wish i had put the message over as well as you did there... you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how i feel


I can't believe that people are getting wound up about this.I don't know about hitting the nail on the head-it's more like hitting it at the wrong angle and it's come out of the side of the wood.

Chill

 
Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 13:48
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to be critical of you or your comments, I was trying in a ham fisted way to comment on trolling in general terms,

Eric

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 18:06
No worries eric

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
28 September, 2017 18:51
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
pez
I totally disagree.
Hes allowed to use social media as much as anyone else, regardless of what he does for a living.

Theres 16 players in the squad every week. They are all below par atm, but trolling them on social media is hardly going to make then want to kick on is it?

At least Norwood puts a shift in when he plays.

The current problem is a bit more deep rooted than just missing goals. Its a moral issue and trolling our players is adding to the problem.
spot on. And yes he puts a shift in, would of loved to have a player like him here the season we dropped out the league.

I have to say that I rate Nors, but even last season his agent had to ban him from twitter as he was getting himself in trouble. Just the way he is, but a bit of thought wouldn't go amiss.

 
Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
30 September, 2017 08:22
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.
Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.

If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

Spot on ak i wish i had put the message over as well as you did there... you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how i feel


I can't believe that people are getting wound up about this.I don't know about hitting the nail on the head-it's more like hitting it at the wrong angle and it's come out of the side of the wood.

Chill


There once was a young boy with a very bad temper. The boy's father wanted to teach him a lesson, so he gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper or got really angry he must hammer a nail into their wooden fence.

On the first day of this lesson, the little boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. He was really mad!

Over the course of the next few weeks, the little boy began to control his temper, so the number of nails that were hammered into the fence dramatically decreased.

It wasn't long before the little boy discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Then, the day finally came when the little boy didn't lose his temper even once, and he became so proud of himself, he couldn't wait to tell his father.

Pleased, his father suggested that he now pull out one nail for each day that he could hold his temper.

Several weeks went by and the day finally came when the young boy was able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

Very gently, the father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.

"You have done very well, my son," he smiled, "but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same."

The little boy listened carefully as his father continued to speak.

"When you say things in anger, they leave permanent scars just like these. And no matter how many times you say you're sorry, the wounds will still be there."



“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
30 September, 2017 19:05
I think Mr Norwood may be tweeting Mr The Kav back this evening (Sm22)

Keep tweeting Kav obviously hit a nerve.

 
the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood on Twitter
30 September, 2017 19:50
Fully intend to mate.... striker does what hes paid to do!!! Hold the front page.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?