football
Latest News:
 

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Bromley behind closed doors match
27 September, 2017 14:33
This week Bromley answered Crystal Palace's call, to play behind closed doors game, we play Bromley next, let's hope they get well beaten.

I think it's something Rovers should do play a midweek game v an opponent who will compete but give Rovers opportunity to score goals, it would help with confidence and all around game play.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 15:12 by trfc-boi.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind doors match
27 September, 2017 14:40
Wonder if playing on Bromleys new 3G pitch this Saturday will help us find the net??? We can only hope! Bromleys home form is good and they sit joint 2nd in the home form/results table, surprisingly Woking are on top.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 14:51 by hong kong rover.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind doors match
27 September, 2017 15:38
It was 2.1 to palace

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
27 September, 2017 15:58
Sadly it's got another defeat written all over it,is it because of their home form perhaps.

But the defeat will all down to us being crap,clueless,slow.leaderless and can't hit a barn door to save a life apart from these failings.

My confidence in my team has really hit the buffer's.

 
Aldo40
Aldo40 (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
27 September, 2017 16:04
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

 
Vagabondo
Vagabondo (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
27 September, 2017 20:18
Worries me that we have yet to lose to Bromley(Sm105)

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
27 September, 2017 20:40
Quote:
Aldo40
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

The problem is you can't teach someone to score goals, it's like sprinters, you can't train someone to run faster just improve their ability to hold maximum speed longer.

So as for the goalscorer in training all you can do is work on things like positioning, set piece drills and communication etc, they either know where the goal is or not.

 
Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
27 September, 2017 23:02
Quote:
Aldo40
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

This could be the answer but I'm not too confident. From where I sit at the bottom of the Kop on the left hand side so so many of the practice shots before the match with no pressure at all are off target and don't force a save.

 
Aldo40
Aldo40 (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
28 September, 2017 16:01
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Aldo40
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

The problem is you can't teach someone to score goals, it's like sprinters, you can't train someone to run faster just improve their ability to hold maximum speed longer.

So as for the goalscorer in training all you can do is work on things like positioning, set piece drills and communication etc, they either know where the goal is or not.

I entirely agree Higgosboots , as Clive Evans a player from 30 yrs. ago said to me once 'the hardest thing in football is to score a goal'
Anyone of us who has played will know how true that is as we have all missed attempts on goal, at whatever level.
The shooting at an empty net was a confidence building exercise, as it's a great feeling to hear the ball hit the back of the net.
A keeper would then be added and then attack v defence.
I would stress that it doesn't have to be a 35 yard wonder strike.
How about a few tap ins, a deflection, a hashed clearance creating something.
The key to these scenarios is attackers in numbers in the box and training routines working out who is going near/ far post, edge of the box?

 
Aldo40
Aldo40 (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
28 September, 2017 16:15
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Aldo40
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

This could be the answer but I'm not too confident. From where I sit at the bottom of the Kop on the left hand side so so many of the practice shots before the match with no pressure at all are off target and don't force a save.

I know what you mean Eric01Tranmere, as I have referred to before a stray shot from Norwood nearly hitting us on the open end at Macc in the warm up before the game, last season.
We know at this level that only a limited amount of chances will be converted and I am concerned we aren't making enough clear cut chances as against half chances.
I have been alarmed by some of the wild shots in the warm up.
I think we could do with a slice of luck as confidence is low, but it's up to us to work that extra bit harder and create our own and let other teams know what we're about.

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
28 September, 2017 18:59
Quote:
Aldo40
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Aldo40
Yeah perhaps we could play Lairds again to prove we haven't forgotten where the net is!
I think I'd start in training by having all outfield players shooting into an empty net.
Do we score many in training ??

This could be the answer but I'm not too confident. From where I sit at the bottom of the Kop on the left hand side so so many of the practice shots before the match with no pressure at all are off target and don't force a save.

I know what you mean Eric01Tranmere, as I have referred to before a stray shot from Norwood nearly hitting us on the open end at Macc in the warm up before the game, last season.
We know at this level that only a limited amount of chances will be converted and I am concerned we aren't making enough clear cut chances as against half chances.
I have been alarmed by some of the wild shots in the warm up.
I think we could do with a slice of luck as confidence is low, but it's up to us to work that extra bit harder and create our own and let other teams know what we're about.

It's just odd that the opposition seem to score a very high percentage of the few chances they get. This seems to have been the case in the three seasons we've been down here. I guess we don't park the bus and have often got caught on the break, but they've still got to get past defenders, create the chance and score.

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
28 September, 2017 21:14
See you all at Bromley on Saturday. My positive hat says we turn the corner and win convincingly please dont let Mekkie get in the box

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
28 September, 2017 21:19
Quote:
kennyspint
See you all at Bromley on Saturday. My positive hat says we turn the corner and win convincingly please dont let Mekkie get in the box

And definitely do not let him fall over in the box.

 
Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
29 September, 2017 15:41
crap coaching is also to blame, together with the allowance by the management of low standards of fitness

 
bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
29 September, 2017 15:56
It would be good to put in the youngsters in defence/midfield to speed up delivery to the strikers
They coped on Maidstone's pitch
Maybe even supply Alabi something to chase against Chorley

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Bromley behind closed doors match
29 September, 2017 21:54
Quote:
bheadlad
It would be good to put in the youngsters in defence/midfield to speed up delivery to the strikers
They coped on Maidstone's pitch
Maybe even supply Alabi something to chase against Chorley

Chorley! We're not relegated yet! smiling smiley
On a serious note, get Gumbs back in the team!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?