football
Latest News:

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

FGR
26 September, 2017 22:14
Just to show money does not guarantee success, FGR bottom of the league, their agricultural style of play clearly not working in league 2, fans calling for Coopers head (he's on a five year contract), that smug tw@t Dale Vince suddenly disappeared from the media, its all gone horribly wrong.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: FGR
26 September, 2017 22:23
Maybe they should change their name to Forest Brown Rovers, because some of their fans might be sh*tting it about a possible relegation.

However the brown stuff could be used as some kind of eco-fuel to power the pie cookers or something like that, so not all bad.

Now that's what you call fans having a vested interest in the club, so when anyone accuses the club of being poo, someone could say you forgot to add the words "run on" in the middle of your comment (Sm6)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 00:05
Looks like Vince was right when he said they'd find it easier to get out of League 2 than out of the National.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 01:08
Vince said after the play off final their budget was half of what ours is. Still don't know how true that statement was

pez
pez (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 02:29
The favoured option would be them being relegated back to the NL, with us getting promoted to the league.

We just need to make it a reality now, although I wont hold my breath with our current form.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 07:49
One things for sure we are not getting promoted this season unless we buy a midfielder who can s plit a defence.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 08:38
at least it'll be a local game for me next season, assuming we stay up!

terribletid
terribletid (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 08:56
Quote:
the kav
One things for sure we are not getting promoted this season unless we buy a midfielder who can s plit a defence.

Wallace?!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 09:06
No one likes FGR but they deserved the Wembley win not like our bunch who bottled it so whatever happens to them give them credit for doing it . If anyone else meantions Wallace I will SCREAM for the umpteenth time he is finished get over it AAAaGH

Robbie126
Robbie126 (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 10:10
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No one likes FGR but they deserved the Wembley win not like our bunch who bottled it so whatever happens to them give them credit for doing it . If anyone else meantions Wallace I will SCREAM for the umpteenth time he is finished get over it AAAaGH

Agree with all this. Looks like they have the same problems as us, knock it around the back 4-5 keeping possession but as soon as they go over the half way line, nose bleed time! Also seem to be lacking pace, sounds all so familiar!! Equally clueless as us! As for Wallace, doubt we will see him again in a Rovers shirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 10:12 by Robbie126.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 10:14
Can't help but smile seeing their current predicament!! Still, their fans are probably laughing at us at the moment.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 10:14
Quote:
terribletid
Quote:
the kav

Wallace?!

Out till Jan, at least......

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 10:40
Quote:
the kav
But that would mean the midfield getting near their defence.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 19:42
They made me 80 this weekend from getting beat love it.....

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 22:09
Quote:
2 the moon
Vince said after the play off final their budget was half of what ours is.

How would he know the clubs spend, as I doubt Palios would tell him?

That's not criticising you, but I think Dale Vince is a little confused, or else he is trying to bamboozle people.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 22:17
What makes you doubt Palios would tell him , why wouldn't they discuss players wages, there not nuclear codes although sometimes you may think it is from some posts on here.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 22:37
I would rather be bottom of league 2, then wherever we are in the national league (I genuinely can't bare to look)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 22:46
Quote:
Higgosboots
What makes you doubt Palios would tell him , why wouldn't they discuss players wages,

Simple; because if other clubs know what you pay they might decide to try and gazump other clubs on deals that they want.

That wouldn't be an issue if joe public know, but you almost never hear a chairman publicly admit his best player earns X per week, bar that Glenn Tamplin guy who openly admitted that rumours of Paul Konchesky being on £10,000 a week were true, but until then I'd never heard of any chairman publicly admit a players wages, whilst said player was still under contract.

Also Palios might possibly believe for the reason stated or some other reason(s), it was not beneficial to Tranmere to tell Vince, considering Tranmere would have nothing to gain from telling him, so any potential negative issue(s) would not be offset by any positives as there wouldn't be any.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 22:57
Quote:
mini_andy
I would rather be bottom of league 2, then wherever we are in the national league (I genuinely can't bare to look)

+1. I'd rather be at the bottom than be a waste product that's been excreted from it.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

27 September, 2017 23:23
I used to think TRFC we are a football league team but now I just want to be competitive last season was brilliant in that respect this season so far much less so

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 07:17
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Higgosboots
What makes you doubt Palios would tell him , why wouldn't they discuss players wages,

Simple; because if other clubs know what you pay they might decide to try and gazump other clubs on deals that they want.

That wouldn't be an issue if joe public know, but you almost never hear a chairman publicly admit his best player earns X per week, bar that Glenn Tamplin guy who openly admitted that rumours of Paul Konchesky being on £10,000 a week were true, but until then I'd never heard of any chairman publicly admit a players wages, whilst said player was still under contract.

Also Palios might possibly believe for the reason stated or some other reason(s), it was not beneficial to Tranmere to tell Vince, considering Tranmere would have nothing to gain from telling him, so any potential negative issue(s) would not be offset by any positives as there wouldn't be any.

You don't think if a club wants to sign a player thats been approached by another club, they don't just ask what the offer was and then offer another 200 quid a week, or when approaching a signed player ask what they earn. Like I say there's no military secrets about.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 19:01
Quote:
2 the moon
Vince said after the play off final their budget was half of what ours is. Still don't know how true that statement was

If he said that he's talking rubbish.

After Higgo posted Tranmere's accounts on here a few weeks ago, I had a look at FGR's accounts. Ours were up to June 2016 and FGR's were to April 2016 so admittedly they don't reflect last season, but I doubt things would've shifted too much.

FGR's wage bill was £2.37m, split between 33 management/players and 37 admin/support people.

Ours was £2.34m, split between 50 management/players, 28 full time admin/support and 87 part time admin/support (I guess they'll be stewards, turnstile operators etc).

I doubt the admin/support people at each club will be on vastly differing wages so it looks like we both had similar player wage bills in 2015/16. Though, because we had 50% more players than them, their players earned on average quite a bit more per head than ours.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 20:40
Quote:
Higgosboots
You don't think if a club wants to sign a player thats been approached by another club, they don't just ask what the offer was and then offer another 200 quid a week, or when approaching a signed player ask what they earn. Like I say there's no military secrets about.

That could happen potentially yes, but then that's for the player / agent to disclose or not disclose.

After all the rumours were Harry Redknapp wanted John Terry at Birmingham and offered £70,000 a week, but does that mean even if true that Birmingham could pay such monies, or anything close to that routinely?

I doubt it and if they did they wouldn't want other clubs to know, because perhaps that could be more than Premier League clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth could afford, so then if you wanted to possibly nobble a Premier league club for a player, you fly under the radar under the banner of Championship club = less money than you; let them make a reasonable offer to a player you want then eclipse it.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 22:03
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Higgosboots

That could happen potentially yes, but then that's for the player / agent to disclose or not disclose.

After all the rumours were Harry Redknapp wanted John Terry at Birmingham and offered £70,000 a week, but does that mean even if true that Birmingham could pay such monies, or anything close to that routinely?

I doubt it and if they did they wouldn't want other clubs to know, because perhaps that could be more than Premier League clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth could afford, so then if you wanted to possibly nobble a Premier league club for a player, you fly under the radar under the banner of Championship club = less money than you; let them make a reasonable offer to a player you want then eclipse it.

The accounts are their on line for all to see, an even without other clubs know exactly wat boat each other are in, anyhow none of us know what they did or didn't discuss,

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 16:55
FGR beaten 4-0 at home today ... I'm not smiling, honest!!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 17:14
Ok we all hate them, but I'd still swop places with them now.

iagoapcen
iagoapcen (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 17:20
league places yes, clubs never :-)

cobas
cobas (IP Logged)

15 October, 2017 19:55
that might be true, but they were paying massive wages. otherwise how could they attract the players they had

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 11:48
I'm in the minority and really don't have anything against FGR. they were in this league for 20 years so imo they deserved their shot at FL as much as anyone. ok a rich local businessman owns the club and is ploughing money the club couldn't generate off it's own steam. ring any bells?.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 18:55
Quote:
2 the moon
I'm in the minority and really don't have anything against FGR. they were in this league for 20 years so imo they deserved their shot at FL as much as anyone. ok a rich local businessman owns the club and is ploughing money the club couldn't generate off it's own steam. ring any bells?.

+1. The marmite club of football. Love 'em or hate 'em. Despite some of their annoying antics towards the end of the Wembley match, they deserved their win. They are a league club on merit, earning that right over the season, not just one game. We met some affable and genuine FGR supporters at Wembley and wished them well (okay, through gritted teeth!). If you want to feel better, read their forum and you'll see the torture they're going through; we don't need to kick them when they're down.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 19:33
Very bitter on here, they were the best team on the day, deserved the win, second playoff final in as many years, done more than us to get out the league. Can't see them going down either.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 19:51
They fully deserved they victory on the day, what continues to irritate the majority of Rovers fans however, is their antics over the last two seasons at PP which, have been well documented elsewhere.

FGR need an immediate improvement in form as with Port Vale and Chesterfield they are already a few points adrift and they were apparently flattered by only a 4.0 defeat at home to Newport last week.

Never kick anyone when they are down but, the old adage "what goes around comes around" is quite appropriate.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:02
Quote:
Higgosboots
Very bitter on here, they were the best team on the day, deserved the win, second playoff final in as many years, done more than us to get out the league. Can't see them going down either.
better keep your eyes closed higgo

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:34
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon

+1. The marmite club of football. Love 'em or hate 'em. Despite some of their annoying antics towards the end of the Wembley match, they deserved their win. They are a league club on merit, earning that right over the season, not just one game. We met some affable and genuine FGR supporters at Wembley and wished them well (okay, through gritted teeth!). If you want to feel better, re
ad their forum and you'll see the torture they're going through; we don't need to kick them when they're down.

They always “kicked” us regardless of us being up,down or anything in between...

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:43
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
2 the moon

+1. The marmite club of football. Love 'em or hate 'em. Despite some of their annoying antics towards the end of the Wembley match, they deserved their win. They are a league club on merit, earning that right over the season, not just one game. We met some affable and genuine FGR supporters at Wembley and wished them well (okay, through gritted teeth!). If you want to feel better, re
ad their forum and you'll see the torture they're going through; we don't need to kick them when they're down.

They always “kicked” us regardless of us being up,down or anything in between...

smiling smiley We're out of reach of their faux leather boots now!

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 21:21
Of their few supporters who were subsidised to attend many at the station going home we obnoxious.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 23:31
It was the two matches at PP[particularly the first] which were the problem-i.e being kicked off the park

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 01:16
Wasn’t there a player injured in the last PP game ?Harris which then depleted our squad before playing them in the final
If so they gained an unfair advantage and it wouldn’t put it past us if instructed to “play hard and so cheating would be about right....

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 14:19
I think FGR deserved their win and to go up. for some reason the Tranmere team bottled It they probably can't explain it to them selves why they did .they had a chance to be heroes and get us back in the FL but they blew it .plain and simple .if they were pensive wondering what tactics they would use they should have gone in hard from the beginning shaken them up but we where to nice to win a final

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 08:54
I would love to be in the fL but not if it means watching us get beaten every week. Better to be competitive in a lower league than struggling to avoid relegation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net