football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Alabi over Cook ?
23 September, 2017 16:56
Not a Micky bashing post but seriously can someone please explain it to me. Is it tactical, does the team work better with him (similar to Stockton), or some other reason.
I honestly can't come up with anything close to an answer

pensbywhite60
pensbywhite60 (IP Logged)

Re: Alabi over Cook ?
23 September, 2017 17:03
I don't think anyone can make sense of it, other than Micky talking about players stats in training. To be honest Micky was the same at Shrewsbury their fans have recently been suggesting they had exactly the same experience

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:04
To be honest anyone up front will struggle with the way we are currently set up

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:10
I couldn't go today but Wirral Radio pretty much had him down as man of the match. Really singing his praises today

CookieMonster9
CookieMonster9 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:14
Alabi was dreadful and probably up there with Godwin Antwi as being the worst footballer to wear the white shirt.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:15
He was pretty good first hour but his confidence dropped and his errors crept back in

CookieMonster9
CookieMonster9 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:15
Just to add, Cook was just as@#$%&when he came on.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:29
I'm not suggesting cook came on and improved us but he's far from an impact sub and possibly one of the worst players to introduce to a bad situation.
I'm not one for slagging players off and it's only my opinion but Alabi looks awful

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:33
Both ST's just weren't getting the service that they need. Alabi had one which forced a good save but other than that it was the usual pedestrian movement in front of them.

Would like to say that i didn't like Nors coming deep to collect the ball as often as he did but then again what's he to do when it's just being played in front of him?

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:43
Ave got to say so easy to slag players off, I watched today's game and though Alabi played well, did what was asked of him, scuffed odd chance, plenty of fight, he reactions showed desire to me.
Cook is class player if not careful he might fancy he chances elsewhere.
we need something new to lift these players, teams just drop back, dirty tactics and we cannot break teams like this down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2017 17:55 by trfc-boi.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:46
Quote:
trfc-boi
Ave got to say so easy to slag players off, I watched today's game and though Alabi well, scuffed odd chance, plenty of fight.
Cook is class player if not careful he might fancy he chances elsewhere.
we need something new to lift these players, teams just drop back, dirty tactics and we car the break them down

It does remind me of Man Utd after the fergie years with Moyes and LVG the way we play in front of teams.

It's not 100% our own fault as teams like playing that defensive but the key is for the lads to find a way to break that down. Hell, i'd even offer my services as part of a 11 man fans team to play against them at SC with the emphasis being that we play everyone back and they have to beat us well!

pez
pez (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 17:49
Cook will go in January if Mellon is still here!

It is well known that there is bad feeling between Cook and Mellon.

He's in the last year of his deal and wanted away during the Summer, there is no reason for him to want to stay and we'll cash in on the last 6 months of his deal.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 18:08
Don't like to slag anyone off.

Alabi must have qualities to have scored so many for Chester.

Seems like he likes to play facing the goal because with his back to goal it just isn't happening.

really wish the lad well but if we aren't playing to his strengths then there isn't much point playing him.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 18:26
Quote:
rossb07
Both ST's just weren't getting the service that they need. Alabi had one which forced a good save but other than that it was the usual pedestrian movement in front of them.
Would like to say that i didn't like Nors coming deep to collect the ball as often as he did but then again what's he to do when it's just being played in front of him?

And as for putting him on the right wing after Dunn went off...................

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 18:51
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
rossb07

And as for putting him on the right wing after Dunn went off...................

Aye! Slightly O/T but one thing i will mention is that people have begged MM to play 442 for ages and he did today with the players available. We can't fault them for trying to change it up, forced or not.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 20:39
Quote:
pez

Well rumoured more like it, because what is said by any Joe blow on the street and what is the concrete truth could be different things.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 20:45
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
pez

Well rumoured more like it, because what is said by any Joe blow on the street and what is the concrete truth could be different things.

I have a relative who works at the club, and the only reason Cook is still there is because Mark Palios rates him! That is an absolute fact!

Micky Mellon is not a fan of Cook, that is also a fact.

So unless you can trump that then silence is golden!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 21:29
Then said employee should be reminded of his responsibility to keep internal affairs just that.

As for your final comment, if he want's to keep his position, perhaps you should aim your comment at him, as I'm sure Mr Palios wouldn't appreciate employees tattling about sensitive internal affairs, no matter who the recipient of such knowledge was.

Sincerely no disrespect intended smiling smiley.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 22:17
It is crystal clear to even a blind man that Cook and Mellon do not see eye to eye. Stockton was preferred to him back end of last season and I would rate Cole miles ahead of Alabi who is now preferred to Cook. Alabi may well have scored 16 for Chester but they would have been hoofs over the top that caught the other side on the break. His close control is a joke which is why he does not suit a game when he has his back to goal and we have glacial build up play.
In addition if he has not lost the entire dressing room he has lost Cook and Dawson and I am sure he has pi**ed off the youngsters as well by playing them for a couple of games and then dropping them again.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 22:51
Quote:
Matt34
Then said employee should be reminded of his responsibility to keep internal affairs just that.
As for your final comment, if he want's to keep his position, perhaps you should aim your comment at him, as I'm sure Mr Palios wouldn't appreciate employees tattling about sensitive internal affairs, no matter who the recipient of such knowledge was.

Based on Mr Palios' walk about today, and his arrogant comments, then I really couldn't give a flying @#$%& what he thinks!

He struts around Chateau Prenton Park like everything is Rosey in the garden.

@#$%& him and his Mickey Mouse Club! Rovers are on the way down!

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 22:59
Quote:
pez
Quote:
Matt34

Based on Mr Palios' walk about today, and his arrogant comments, then I really couldn't give a flying @#$%& what he thinks!

He struts around Chateau Prenton Park like everything is Rosey in the garden.

@#$%& him and his Mickey Mouse Club! Rovers are on the way down!
Do yourself a favour and turn your computer off...

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

24 September, 2017 10:59
I don't believe this stuff between Mellon and Cookie. He lost his place last season because he was out injured and Cole came back and earned his place by playing a blinder.

What I don't get is why Mangan has been dropped, he better that Alabi hands down

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

24 September, 2017 11:19
Bin them all: Cook, Alabi, Norwood, Mangan, and Dunn.
6 full-time contracts there producing nothing. Transfer, loan whatever.

Leaves 5 other forward players on full-time contracts:
Waring, Rokka and Dawson we can't judge as we have hardly seen all season.
Kirkby and Tollitt - still injured.

We miss Cole!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

24 September, 2017 12:39
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Bin them all: Cook, Alabi, Norwood, Mangan, and Dunn.
6 full-time contracts there producing nothing. Transfer, loan whatever.

Leaves 5 other forward players on full-time contracts:
Waring, Rokka and Dawson we can't judge as we have hardly seen all season.
Kirkby and Tollitt - still injured.

We miss Cole!

6 full time contracts for 5 players? who's got 2?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net